/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Quran and counting words

Basirah
07-06-2007, 06:08 AM
How many times does the actual word "Hadith" appear in the Quranic text? Are there any programs which could provide such an answer by giving me a word count? If so, could anyone help me in this quest of sorts?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
E'jaazi
07-06-2007, 07:08 AM
I don't ever remember seeing the word "hadith" in the Qu'ran. However, Allah does order us to obey the Messenger (Salallahu Alayhe wa Sallam). If I am wrong, I would like to see the text.

.:Umniyah:.
07-06-2007, 12:02 PM
I know the word 'hadeetha' comes in surah tahreem ayah 3

" wa idh asarran nabeeyu ila ba3da azwaajihi hadeetha...."

"And ( remember) when the Prophet disclosed a matter in confidence to one of his wives......"

dunno if you mean like that.

and then theres : surah naziat ayah 15

" hal ataaka hadeethu Musaa"

"Has there come to you the story of Musa?"

and theres: Surah Burooj ayah 17

" Hal ataaka hadeethul junuud"

" Has the story reached you of the hosts,"

Im not sure if you mean like that, or something else.

asadxyz
07-06-2007, 01:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Basirah
How many times does the actual word "Hadith" appear in the Quranic text? Are there any programs which could provide such an answer by giving me a word count? If so, could anyone help me in this quest of sorts?
:sl:
The derivative of the root Ha,Daal ,They (ح,د,ث ) appear in the Holy Quran about 36 times .But word Hadith (حديث ) appears 18 times .
This URL may help you ;
http://www.openburhan.com/ob_main_frame.html
:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Basirah
07-06-2007, 08:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by E'jaazi
I don't ever remember seeing the word "hadith" in the Qu'ran. However, Allah does order us to obey the Messenger (Salallahu Alayhe wa Sallam). If I am wrong, I would like to see the text.
Dear e'jaazi, of course the word "hadiith" appears in the Quran. An example off the top of my head would be "Wamina alnasi man yashtareelawa alhadeethi liyoodilla AAan sabeeli Allahibighayri AAilmin wayattakhithaha huzuwan ola-ikalahum AAathabun muheenoon".

The derivative of the root Ha,Daal ,They (ح,د,ث ) appear in the Holy Quran about 36 times .But word Hadith (حديث ) appears 18 times .
This URL may help you ;
http://www.openburhan.com/ob_main_frame.html
Thank you for the link my friend, it is indeed what I was searching for.

E'jaazi
07-07-2007, 04:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Basirah
Dear e'jaazi, of course the word "hadiith" appears in the Quran. An example off the top of my head would be "Wamina alnasi man yashtareelawa alhadeethi liyoodilla AAan sabeeli Allahibighayri AAilmin wayattakhithaha huzuwan ola-ikalahum AAathabun muheenoon".

Thank you for the link my friend, it is indeed what I was searching for.

Thank You.

Umar001
07-07-2007, 05:18 AM
Ĥadīthul Ghāshiyah

The narration of the overwhelming.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.