/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Sailing the sea

Basirah
07-06-2007, 06:17 AM
Peace,

Book 14, Number 2483:
Narrated Abdullah ibn Amr ibn al-'As:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: No one should sail on the sea except the one who is going to perform hajj or umrah, or the one who is fighting in Allah's path for under the sea there is a fire, and under the fire there is a sea.

Does this imply that Muslims other than for umrah, fighting or hajj cannot sail on the sea? Is there an example of how this concept is applied today in current Islamic law?

Regards.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
E'jaazi
07-06-2007, 07:05 AM
Where did this hadith come from?

Umu 'Isa
07-06-2007, 07:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by E'jaazi
Where did this hadith come from?
:sl:
Sunan Abu Dawud

rozeena
07-06-2007, 07:58 AM
what does it mean when it says under the sea their is fire and under the fire is a sea?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
vpb
07-06-2007, 08:14 AM
what does it mean when it says under the sea their is fire and under the fire is a sea?
I don't know what the hadith means,
but we know that inside the earth it's very hot :) vulcano places etc.

if you go inside water, and drill and drill , you will go inside the earth where it is hot, and if you keep going :P, you will get to the other side of earth where there is water, since earth is egg-shape.

P.S this is not commenting of hadith. so I don't know what really the hadith means.

rozeena
07-06-2007, 08:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by vpb
I don't know what the hadith means,
but we know that inside the earth it's very hot :) vulcano places etc.

if you go inside water, and drill and drill , you will go inside the earth where it is hot, and if you keep going :P, you will get to the other side of earth where there is water, since earth is egg-shape.

P.S this is not commenting of hadith. so I don't know what really the hadith means.
oh okay. yeh i get it.

vpb
07-06-2007, 08:42 AM
oh okay. yeh i get it.
no no , that's not the commenting of hadith. you need to check the commentary books of hadiths in Dawud, and see what scholars say. sorry

rozeena
07-06-2007, 08:47 AM
no i knw dat u wernt commenting on da hadith as u were nt sure wt it exactly meant. bt i understood wen it sed under the sea their is fire which is obviosli da core of da earth, bt i didnt get hw dey cn b water under dat. bt mks sence if u keep goin thru den ud cum out from the otha side.

Basirah
07-06-2007, 08:54 PM
What does it have to do with sailing the seas though? That is my question. :)

vpb
07-06-2007, 09:44 PM
What does it have to do with sailing the seas though? That is my question.

It is interesting , bc whenever someone would ask Prophet saws for something, usually Prophet saws would give something more then just the answer.

it is same as the hadith about that all food from sea is halal.

AhlaamBella
07-06-2007, 09:50 PM
Is it related to going on holiday? That if it isn't for Allah then holidays should be avoided? I don't know just a suggestion

Umu 'Isa
07-07-2007, 02:10 AM
:sl:
I don't think any of us here are qualified to answer your question. Thread closed.

If anyone has an explanation of the hadeeth from the scholars, PM me and I will add it in insha Allaah.

Umu 'Isa
07-07-2007, 01:58 PM
:salamext:
I was just informed that the above hadeeth is weak as stated in the book, 'Da'eef Abi Dawud' by Sheikh al-Albanee (rahimahullaah)

And also Basirah, next time please post the full reference of the hadeeth, the book name, book number, hadeeth number etc. that would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.