PDA

View Full Version : going to mecca



ISLAMASWEENEY
07-06-2007, 08:30 PM
Hi everone iam going to Mecca in a month do you think i will be allowed in a mosque there and can i convert to islam quicker/
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd al-Baari
07-06-2007, 08:34 PM
:sl:

Your only allowed to enter the cities of Makkah and Madinah if your a muslim, the best way to convert to Islam is to go to the local Masjid and speak to the Imam who will help you Inshallah. If you need to know where the nearest Masjid for you is just ask, Inshallah someone will know or will find out for you :)
Reply

ISLAMASWEENEY
07-06-2007, 08:38 PM
what about Egypt will i be allowed there because even if i convert to the great religion of Islam iam still white.

what about other arab coutries will i be welcome there because i will convert to the great religion of Islam but iam still white
Reply

'Abd al-Baari
07-06-2007, 08:41 PM
:sl:

Yeh you'll be allowed in Egypt, also can i just say that you will be allowed to go to Saudi Arabia but just not into the cities of Makkah and Madinah. As far as i know you are allowed to go to any arab country

If you have any more questions just ask
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
AmarFaisal
07-06-2007, 09:13 PM
I have a question brother, if u don't mind

If ur a new convert, u must have studied Islam well before converting, then how is it that you do not know that Islam has no racism, Islam allows all Muslims to enter it's most sacred mosques in Makkah and Medinah.

A second question is that, your question abt entering of a white person in Arab countries is more of general knowledge than related to Islam. If the american/british army being white and chirstian can enter the arab world, why can't u?? being better than them by being a Muslim,:)

:?
Reply

Woodrow
07-06-2007, 09:29 PM
Originally Posted by ISLAMASWEENEY
Hi everone iam going to Mecca in a month do you think i will be allowed in a mosque there and can i convert to islam quicker/
The minute you say the Shahadah with sincerity, you are Muslim. Visit the nearest Mosque to you and let the Imam know you have accepted Islam, and you would like to repeat the Shahadah at the Mosque. If are sincere, and you honestly believe the Shahadah you are Muslim.

It only takes a matter of seconds to become a Muslim. But, it takes a life time to be a Muslim.
Reply

Woodrow
07-07-2007, 01:55 PM
A very funny thing about Arabs. They are people just like you and me. they have the same feelings, the same likes and dislikes, enjoy many of the same things and basically will treat people like they are treated.

I have lived in the Mideast on a few occasions. Long before I ever thought of reverting to Islam. The Arabic People are very respectful of others, very friendly and very honest. Quite simply, be honest in all of your dealings. Do not try to be what you are not. Treat others as you wish to be treated and there is no reason to have any problems.

The most important thing to remember, there is no need to view Arabs as Arabs. See them as who they are, individual humans no different than you or me.
Reply

The Ruler
07-07-2007, 02:25 PM
:sl:

uuh... I was wondering... how does a little boy like you get to travel the world?

Perhaps that was a bit harsh. But what I meant is... Are you going with someone or are you going by yourself?

:w:
Reply

H4RUN
07-07-2007, 02:35 PM
:sl:

BROTHER, we've already answered the question of colour already:) As was stated in the other thread, there's no space for racism in Islam, take that on board mate:D
A non muslim can go to any country, but they cannot enter MAKKAH OR MADINAH, got it? Therefore that means that Muslims NO MATTER WHAT COLOUR can enter MAkkah or Madinah, or any other place for that fact:)

:w:
Reply

3isha
07-07-2007, 02:51 PM
:rollseyes
why on earth are u worried coz ure white, Islam was'nt only for the people of Arabs. It;s for all of mankind, therefore there is no such thing as race or colour in Islam
Reply

nevesirth
07-07-2007, 02:57 PM
Originally Posted by H4RUN
:sl:

BROTHER, we've already answered the question of colour already:) As was stated in the other thread, there's no space for racism in Islam, take that on board mate:D
A non muslim can go to any country, but they cannot enter MAKKAH OR MADINAH, got it? Therefore that means that Muslims NO MATTER WHAT COLOUR can enter MAkkah or Madinah, or any other place for that fact:)

:w:
how do they determine if a person is muslim or not?, cuz i dont think every muslim goes around with a tag or label!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply

H4RUN
07-07-2007, 03:02 PM
Originally Posted by nevesirth
how do they determine if a person is muslim or not?, cuz i dont think every muslim goes around with a tag or label!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:sl:

It's easy when you know how

Blip Blip Blip!
:w:
Reply

Woodrow
07-07-2007, 03:26 PM
In many if not all Arabic Countries you will find non-Arabs living in harmony. Another thing I doubt if any one can say a person is an Arab just by looking at them. I know it is imposable to tell who is a Muslim just by looking.

Here are some pictures of some devout Muslims around the world.

All except maybe one or 2 people in this picture are Muslim. this was a business meeting and that is why there are men and women together.



In this next group of pictures there is not one Muslim






You can not tell an Arab, or a Muslim just by looking at them.

Muslims come in all flavors.
Reply

Woodrow
07-07-2007, 03:35 PM
Originally Posted by nevesirth
how do they determine if a person is muslim or not?, cuz i dont think every muslim goes around with a tag or label!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quite simple, your visa. All Saudi Citizens are Muslim or assumed to be. For the rest it is stated on your visa if you choose to go to Saudi.

sadly tho there have been times when non-Muslims have gotten into both Mecca and Madinah. Usually with the help of a not very devout Saudi native.
Reply

nevesirth
07-07-2007, 03:43 PM
Originally Posted by Woodrow
Quite simple, your visa. All Saudi Citizens are Muslim or assumed to be. For the rest it is stated on your visa if you choose to go to Saudi.

sadly tho there have been times when non-Muslims have gotten into both Mecca and Madinah. Usually with the help of a not very devout Saudi native.
how reliable is tht? someone can pretend to be a muslim when going to saudiya!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply

Woodrow
07-07-2007, 04:00 PM
Originally Posted by nevesirth
how reliable is tht? someone can pretend to be a muslim when going to saudiya!!!!!!!!!!!!
In reality why would a non_muslim even want to go to Mecca or Madinah except out of curiosity. Neither city has anything of any interest to non-Muslims.

Getting into Mecca and or Madinah is not that easy. Remember, not Saudi is not the tourist capital of the world and to get to Mecca or Madinah does require either a long walk or a good buss or Taxi trip. Normaly a person would have to spend a day or two there unless a Saudi native drove them there. Public transportation is not a priority. If you spend the day at either city it would soon be evident if your are saying the 5 prayers or even doing wudu.

True, the visa is not 100% reliable, but it really is difficult for a non-Muslim to pass as a Muslim for over a day. There is no problem with being a Non-Muslim in Saudi, just not supposed to visit Mecca or Madinah.

In a previous thread I mentioned how I visited Mecca while I was non-Muslim. I did not know that non-Muslims were forbidden then. The man who knowingly brought me there while being aware I was not Muslim needs to live with that. In part of his defense, at least he told me not to bring a camera.
Reply

Muslim Woman
07-07-2007, 04:26 PM
:sl:


Originally Posted by ISLAMASWEENEY
Hi everone iam going to Mecca in a month do you think i will be allowed in a mosque there and can i convert to islam quicker/

to my knowledge , few miles around the holy Kaaba is prohibited for non Muslims. So , if in ur passport , if its mentioned that u r a nonMuslim , i don't think u will be allowed to enter around the Kaaba . But i m not sure about other mosques of Macca or Madina.

Anyway , it's clear that in ur heart u r a Muslim :) Alhamdulillah
now u want to officially
recognised as a Muslim ? why not contact ur local Saudi Embassy ? Its better if u collect info from them in advance .
Reply

Woodrow
07-07-2007, 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by ISLAMASWEENEY
Idi Amin lived in exile in Mecca didnt he.
He lived in Saudi, but I don't think it was in Mecca.

He fled to Saudi Arabia and lived there until his death on August 16, 2003. Amin and his regime have been the subject of films and documentaries including Rise and Fall of Idi Amin (1980) and The Last King of Scotland (2006).
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idi_Amin
Reply

ISLAMASWEENEY
07-07-2007, 06:25 PM
sorry

Thanks for that information fantastic.
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-19-2010, 09:29 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-08-2006, 06:04 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-08-2006, 09:34 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-16-2006, 11:16 PM
  5. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-07-2006, 04:31 AM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!