/* */

PDA

View Full Version : will he

ApostateAtheist
07-11-2007, 02:00 PM
Will allah forgive me guys...kinda ironic for me posting as an atheist and a day later burdened by turning from the faith......But will allah forgive me? I have just recentlly read some ver y SCIENTIFIC THINGS in the quran......and tghere is no way Mohammad could have know n those things...someone help me....will allah forgive me or am i ****ed :(

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Goku
07-11-2007, 03:03 PM
Are you trying to be sarcastic?

Anyway if you are firm and truthful, Allah SWT may forgive you, Allah knows best.

seeker_of_ilm
07-11-2007, 03:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ApostateAtheist
Will allah forgive me guys...kinda ironic for me posting as an atheist and a day later burdened by turning from the faith......But will allah forgive me? I have just recentlly read some ver y SCIENTIFIC THINGS in the quran......and tghere is no way Mohammad could have know n those things...someone help me....will allah forgive me or am i ****ed :(
insha'Allaah if you are sincere, Allaah will forgive you. Read the following Fatwaa.

Praise be to Allaah.

If a person leaves Islam then decides to come back to it, what he has to do is to bear witness that there is no god except Allaah and that Muhammad is His slave and Messenger. If his apostasy was because he denied one of the basic principles of the religion, then his return to Islam cannot be complete until he affirms the principle that he had denied. There is no particular time period within which he can return to Islam; his repentance will be accepted until the point when the death-rattle sounds in his throat and his soul departs. If he is guided back to Islam within the time when it is possible (i.e., before death) and he performs as many of the Islamic duties as he can, then he is a Muslim.

If you agree with the above, then repeat your shahadah. and also take time to read the Qur'aan, ask any questions here if you are unsure about any verses you have read, and I am sure people will provide you with explanations of scholars.

When was the last time you say the sun rest in a pond?
*sigh*

As Muhammad Asad clarifies:

[And he marched westwards] till, when he came to the setting of the sun," it appeared to him that it was setting in a dark, turbid sea;" and nearby he found a people [given to every kind of wrongdoing].

Or: "abundance of water" - which, according to many philologists (cf. Taj al= Aras), is one of the meanings of `ayn (primarily denoting a "spring"). As for my rendering of the phrase "he found it (wajadaha) setting...", etc., as "it appeared to him that it was setting", see Razi and Ibn Kathir, both of whom point out that we have here a metaphor based on the common optical illusion of the sun's "disappearing into the sea"; and Razi explains this, correctly, by the fact that the earth is spherical. (It is interesting to note that, according to him, this explanation was already advanced in the - now lost - Qur'an-commentary of AN `All al-Jubba i, the famous Mu'tazili scholar who died in 303 H., which corresponds to 915 or 916 of the Christian era.)

Along the same lines:

The verses narrate part of the story of Zul-Qarnain. Being a great traveller Prophet Zul-Qarnain eventually, at sun set, arrived at a place where there were springs of vast murky waters. He found around it tribes of people, some righteous and some malign. The narration goes on to describe how Zul-Qarnain was given authority to rule over them as a just king. It narrates the version of events as he, Zul-Qarnain saw them – he saw the sun set in a murky water, nothing wrong with that. The second verse narrates that Zul-Qarnain turned another direction and travelled on until he saw the sun rise and it just so happens that he saw it rise on a people who were without shade. Again, a very simple narration, no claim of being scientific fact.

The critics who raise this issue and claim that the God of the Quran does not know the simple scientific that the sun never actually sets are barking up the wrong tree. The above verses in no way make the claim of being scientific fact as God sees it. We don’t see God making the claim that the sun sets into murky waters! Or rises on a certain group of people. We simply see God describing things as witnessed by Zul-Qarnain - "They ask thee concerning Zul-Qarnain. Say, "I will rehearse to you something of his story". The sun sets wherever you see it set. If you are on a beach you will see it set into the ocean. If you are on a hill, you will see it set behind the hill.

*Please note: do not derail this thread off-topic any further. There are plenty of more relevant threads for discussions on Qur'aan and science

Woodrow
07-11-2007, 04:46 PM
:w:

I am but a Human being and I have no way to know the will of Allah(swt).

However, as a human I willing extend my arms out in friendship and welcome you back to the Ummah.

To be honest I saw your ID and was prepared to ban you as a trouble maker, then I saw this post. I am very pleased to see that you have returned.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
07-11-2007, 05:42 PM
Apostate Atheist.. I believe that the first step is to initiate a relationship with Allah, and to profess your troubles directly to him, and know that there is no sin that couldn't be forgiven... and take it easy-- one day at a time...
I found this book by Dr. Gary Miller really amazing-- he himself was out to challenge the Quran but after 20 years became Muslim.. read it, ponder, and let us know how you fare, this online ebook is rather short and will be really enlightening for you insha'Allah..
http://www.cyberistan.org/islamic/amazingq.htm

جوري
07-11-2007, 05:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by seeker_of_ilm
Or: "abundance of water" - which, according to many philologists (cf. Taj al= Aras), is one of the meanings of `ayn (primarily denoting a "spring"). As for my rendering of the phrase "he found it (wajadaha) setting...", etc., as "it appeared to him that it was setting", see Razi and Ibn Kathir, both of whom point out that we have here a metaphor based on the common optical illusion of the sun's "disappearing into the sea"; and Razi explains this, correctly, by the fact that the earth is spherical. (It is interesting to note that, according to him, this explanation was already advanced in the - now lost - Qur'an-commentary of AN `All al-Jubba i, the famous Mu'tazili scholar who died in 303 H., which corresponds to 915 or 916 of the Christian era.)[/INDENT]

Along the same lines:

The verses narrate part of the story of Zul-Qarnain. Being a great traveller Prophet Zul-Qarnain eventually, at sun set, arrived at a place where there were springs of vast murky waters. He found around it tribes of people, some righteous and some malign. The narration goes on to describe how Zul-Qarnain was given authority to rule over them as a just king. It narrates the version of events as he, Zul-Qarnain saw them – he saw the sun set in a murky water, nothing wrong with that. The second verse narrates that Zul-Qarnain turned another direction and travelled on until he saw the sun rise and it just so happens that he saw it rise on a people who were without shade. Again, a very simple narration, no claim of being scientific fact.

The critics who raise this issue and claim that the God of the Quran does not know the simple scientific that the sun never actually sets are barking up the wrong tree. The above verses in no way make the claim of being scientific fact as God sees it. We don’t see God making the claim that the sun sets into murky waters! Or rises on a certain group of people. We simply see God describing things as witnessed by Zul-Qarnain - "They ask thee concerning Zul-Qarnain. Say, "I will rehearse to you something of his story". The sun sets wherever you see it set. If you are on a beach you will see it set into the ocean. If you are on a hill, you will see it set behind the hill.

*Please note: do not derail this thread off-topic any further. There are plenty of more relevant threads for discussions on Qur'aan and science
I wouldn't bother explaining anything to this other fellow at all. I think it is insulting to engage someone who has not even picked up the Quran to read a chapter let alone speak with the authority of an exegetical expert; over its content scientific or not. They mock religion, yet wish to indoctrinate everyone into their void of quasi science.. in closure I'll end with this verse from the Quran

هُوَ الَّذِيَ أَنزَلَ عَلَيْكَ الْكِتَابَ مِنْهُ آيَاتٌ مُّحْكَمَاتٌ هُنَّ أُمُّ الْكِتَابِ وَأُخَرُ مُتَشَابِهَاتٌ فَأَمَّا الَّذِينَ في قُلُوبِهِمْ زَيْغٌ فَيَتَّبِعُونَ مَا تَشَابَهَ مِنْهُ ابْتِغَاء الْفِتْنَةِ وَابْتِغَاء تَأْوِيلِهِ وَمَا يَعْلَمُ تَأْوِيلَهُ إِلاَّ اللّهُ وَالرَّاسِخُونَ فِي الْعِلْمِ يَقُولُونَ آمَنَّا بِهِ كُلٌّ مِّنْ عِندِ رَبِّنَا وَمَا يَذَّكَّرُ إِلاَّ أُوْلُواْ الألْبَابِ {7}
[Pickthal 3:7] He it is Who hath revealed unto thee (Muhammad) the Scripture wherein are clear revelations - they are the substance of the Book - and others (which are) allegorical. But those in whose hearts is doubt pursue, forsooth, that which is allegorical seeking (to cause) dissension by seeking to explain it. None knoweth its explanation save Allah. And those who are of sound instruction say: We believe therein; the whole is from our Lord; but only men of understanding really heed.

ApostateAtheist
07-11-2007, 06:12 PM
i am very sincere

جوري
07-11-2007, 06:17 PM
i am very sincere
Insha'Allah you are... my second post wasn't about you... Anyhow check out the link I enclosed, it is a quick read, but has lots of distilled information

Malaikah
07-12-2007, 02:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ranma1/2
When was the last time you say the sun rest in a pond?
That is so cheap. ^o)

The verse is implying that it appeared to the man that way.

Honestly, as someone who probably thinks that Muhammad (pbuh) made the Quran up, don't you think it would have been weird and unwise for him to make that statement and actually believe it to be true (i.e. sun sets in a lake) and for no one else to think that there was something weird about the verse that apparently means that sun literally set into water?

They weren't stupid you know, give them some credit!

Which verse did you read? May Allah guide you.

IbnAbdulHakim
07-12-2007, 02:18 PM
then repent and ask Allah for guidance inshaAllah

Pk_#2
07-12-2007, 02:29 PM
May Allah (swt) guide you.

"This day have I perfected your religion for you, completed My favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion". (Surah Al-Maa'idah 5:3)

"If anyone desires a religion other than Islam (submission to Allah (God) never will It be accepted of Him" (Surah Aal' E imraan 3:85)

All the best, i hope your not messing around and being truthful, if you give respect you'll get respect back, if your chatting breeze you will not benefit from this forum.

boriqee
07-15-2007, 06:27 PM
i am very sincere
then it is better to accept that you harbor shubuhaat (doubts) rather than say your a murtadd (apostate)

if you harbor any doubts, address them and ask Allah to clear your mind. But you don't need to deem yourself as an apostate

firstly, while I do hold science as an integral part of our religion, it is not the sole purpose of our creation, had you grounded yourself on the actuality of this religion, then the issue of science would be of no use, and only serve as a tool in proving the reality of islam

ranma1/2
07-16-2007, 12:27 AM
i am very sincere
i gotta doubt this. you seem to be a post and runtype so far.
only 5 posts out of how many days?

MustafaMc
07-16-2007, 12:53 AM
First, I will give you the benefit of the doubt despite your screen name and believe that you are sincere. I believe that Allah forgives the truly repentant of all sins.

Yanal
07-16-2007, 01:10 AM
:sl: :sl:
Sorry brother i do not really understand what you are saying but if you convert and embrace Islam then yes allah will forgive your past mistakes i hope that is the answer for your question :w: :w:

syilla
07-16-2007, 01:16 AM
InshaAllah...

If you are sincere and full of humbleness....Allah swt will accept. Don't worry what others think about you. Remember Allah will always be there for you if you only hope and ask from him and not from the human or others.

You'll be in my dua.

May Allah swt guid you. Ameen.

MustafaMc
07-16-2007, 01:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
InshaAllah...

If you are sincere and full of humbleness....Allah swt will accept. Don't worry what others think about you. Remember Allah will always be there for you if you only hope and ask from him and not from the human or others.

You'll be in my dua.

May Allah swt guid you. Ameen.
Yes, sister, you are right. If one sincerely repents to Allah and does not associate partners with Him, then Allah is sure to forgive. If one realizes that one day he will stand before Allah and will have to give an account for his life, then this person would be wise to repent and establish proper worship of Allah before death overtakes him.

MustafaMc
07-17-2007, 11:51 AM
Allah thread:
Hello all,I am Amir this is my first post on these forums and I would like to know...What makes allah so good....Because I am a former musiilim and I never thought allah was very nice......So i have come to the conclusion that even IF he was existant I would reject him and utter the greatest of disrepects from my lips.....So please tell me....what makes him so good? (No i am not trying to start a debate...this is a real question)
or

Which of these two posts are we to believe? Ultimately, you have to give an account before Allah, but if your repentence is sincere, then I advise that you post a retraction statement on the "Allah" thread.

Joe98
07-17-2007, 12:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MustafaMc
I believe that Allah forgives the truly repentant of all sins.

The person did not sin. Therefore your post is off topic.

-

ranma1/2
07-17-2007, 02:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MustafaMc
Allah thread:

or

Which of these two posts are we to believe? Ultimately, you have to give an account before Allah, but if your repentence is sincere, then I advise that you post a retraction statement on the "Allah" thread.
I agree he doesnt seem to be sincere.
Not to mention he seems to just post and leave.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
07-17-2007, 05:13 PM
Apostacy is a big deal and InshaAllah if you sincerely repent unto Allah(swt), Allah(swt) will forgive you. Remember that Allah(swt) is always willing to forgive us and He does give us so many ways to do good.

format_quote Originally Posted by Joe98

-
According to you perhaps. So your post is off topic and had no reason to be there.

MustafaMc
07-17-2007, 10:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Joe98

-
By his own admission, ApostateAtheist had sinned as he was asking if Allah would forgive him of it.

...someone help me....will allah forgive me or am i ****ed
Merriam-Webster
sin
1 a : an offense against religious or moral law b : an action that is or is felt to be highly reprehensible <it's a sin to waste food> c : an often serious shortcoming
2 a : transgression of the law of God b : a vitiated state of human nature in which the self is estranged from God

Even atheists sin despite denying the very existence of God. Disbelief in the One God is in fact a major sin.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!