/* */

PDA

View Full Version : what happend???

nadia85
07-17-2007, 03:11 PM
Yesterday I had 83 posts but today I got 71 why?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
07-17-2007, 03:13 PM
:salamext:

I think some mods are deleting old threads since the forums expanding abit.. so some threads might be deleted in the process to clean the forum up. And your posts might have been in them threads which got deleted.

ummAbdillah
07-17-2007, 03:14 PM
:sl:

By -S-
Salams All
Apologies for the downtime for the past 16 hours or so, the "Post" Table in the Forum database crashed out and had major corruption!

So spend most of the night trying to repair the post table several times each time we tried running the the repair it brought the server to a standstill and took down the server a few times making it unresponsive to ping and http plus running the repair managed to fill up the /tmp partition and took down mysql (the service that the forums runs on). So spent most the night trying to sort that out – alas it did not work, so we had to restore the forum from last night backups so its likely that you probably have lost around 12 hrs of posts or something.

Those who don't understand the technical stuff the bottom line is that the "Forum database Post table got corrupted"

Apologies!

Wassalam
:w:

Ibn Al Aqwa
07-17-2007, 03:14 PM
83...71...Whats the difference? :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Andrew
07-19-2007, 10:33 AM
there are ways of deleting threads without people losing their posts, it's a shame this wasn't done. But then again, a post count is not that important.

Helena
07-20-2007, 12:19 PM
this has happened to moi too. yesterday i had 5,121 posts and today 5,115.....it is kinda getting annoying..i wake up and see my post have reduced....why?...am i spamming?..it is very unlikely for me to do this.

'Abd al-Baari
07-20-2007, 12:21 PM

^
Its not just posts that have spammed that have been deleted, its some old threads too. Also the marriage section has been deleted so i think any posts in that forum will have gone too..Allahu A'lam

Helena
07-20-2007, 01:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nadia85
yes it s annoying
i seriously do not understand....why this is taking place....day by day my posts are decreasing.....and its not i am spamming or anything...

reasons are not clear?....plus why has the marriage section been closed? will it return?

Helena
07-20-2007, 01:34 PM

I am unsure wot is taking place here and for wot reasons.....it needs to be more clear...

why has the marriage or hajj section been closed? particular reasons? is it returning?

Plus due to the closer of these section...obviously i have posted threads in that areas...is it due to that my post are decreasing day by day????:eek: :muddlehea

m102313
07-20-2007, 01:34 PM

As Brother Qatada has said in his post, the forum is expanding you have to get rid of the old posts, as i have said many times, posts use up web space, you cannot keep them forever on your server/site unless you have Unlimited space. As i have a vBulletin forum i know how much space it takes, a couple hundred posts would take 50-60 MB.

The Ruler
07-20-2007, 01:38 PM

I do not remember seeing a reason anywhere... but you can check this out to keep track of new changes.

Yes, because threads have been deleted, your post count will decrease too. Nothing to worry about :)

Helena
07-20-2007, 02:58 PM
yes i am aware of that thread created by bro Muhammad.

But things are still not clear?....

...true sis..its nothing to worry about....but it has taken me time and effort to reach to that number of posts.

and plus the more i speak...and more number of my posts seem to decrease...

now its 5,106...Allahu Allaam...earlier LI staff PM'ed and deleted one of my posts and mentioned no reasons why he/she deleted...

Helena
07-20-2007, 03:05 PM
jus checked my profile...

As i remember i created altogether 325 or more threads on this forum...but unfortunately it is now 299 threads altogether...:( ....

why has the hajj section been removed?....:( ...

IB-Staff
07-20-2007, 03:36 PM
It was mentioned before, the forum is going through major cleaning process. Threads are being moved to new/appropriate sections. Many old unnecessary threads/posts are being removed. As for the major Forum changes, keep checking the thread Forum Changes.

To know the reasons for each change, you can simply drop in a PM to Admin, Br Muhammad.
now its 5,106...Allahu Allaam...earlier LI staff PM'ed and deleted one of my posts and mentioned no reasons why he/she deleted
You must have missed the reason part :) It was mentioned there.

Thread Closed. You didn't have to create a separate thread for this.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.