/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Privacy issues

afriend
07-18-2007, 08:35 PM
:sl:

I'd just like to give everyone a heads up that sharing peoples' contact and personal details is actually against the law. I'm sure me as well as the majority of people do not appreciate their email addresses and other contact details being shared and distributed without authority. Please bear this in mind for future reference.

JazakAllah khair.

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Pk_#2
07-18-2007, 08:40 PM
Who did what to you?

I'll sort em out. :mmokay:

'Identity theft' also people..Tsk wanabe's :hmm:

afriend
07-18-2007, 08:41 PM
lol

Don't worry about it. I'm just saying.

Pk_#2
07-18-2007, 08:45 PM
Boring. You deserve a neg rep.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Helena
07-18-2007, 09:28 PM
WHOSE distributing our contacts?..:uhwhat ....admins from here?.:eek: ..my email add is not available to any members at all/ unless i want to share it with them.

H4RUN
07-18-2007, 09:52 PM

Oh u mean like this.. warning no body add me okaay!
keepdreaminuaintgetinit@hotmail.com

So thats against the law
O my gosh! ive jus broken the law!
Please nobody do this like me! I wouldnt want u to break the law:)
Learn form my mistakes!:D
ps. dun even think bout deleting my reply duuuudes cos its factual when u 'read between the lines':D

afriend
07-18-2007, 11:18 PM
lol I can understand where the brother is coming from...But I don't have my contact details advertised anywhere, someone whom I trust has been betraying my trust.

Anyway, problem solved, I'm going to have to change my character also.

Sorry if it was a waste of time/thread...Purpose served. It's just a reminder, take it or leave it insha'Allah.

syilla
07-19-2007, 12:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umma Wasat
Boring. You deserve a neg rep.
:giggling: I thought so too.

But maybe akhee Iqram had a bad experience and advising u before it is too late.

Jazakallah khayr akhee Iqram.

snakelegs
07-19-2007, 01:01 AM
it's ok that it was boring, because it's an important issue - glad it has been solved.

Pk_#2
07-19-2007, 02:48 PM
It wasn't really boring - s all good stuff!

p.s he made me say it ^

:D :p

-S-
07-19-2007, 04:42 PM
Salams

we dont pass on or share any Contact details of any members from this forum

If we were to send out mailing lists which we will be doing so inshallah advertsing other companies then the admins will do this only we wont pass on details or anything :)

afriend
07-19-2007, 05:08 PM
lol jazakAllah we all appreciate that brother.

I'm blaming people at a more personal level :p Don't worry about it. :smile:

Muezzin
07-19-2007, 05:16 PM
If members see this happening on the forum, do report it so a mod can come and delete the heck out of the reproduced email address.

The Ruler
07-19-2007, 05:40 PM

On the issue of privacy, is it possible for the mds/super mods/admins to see the identities of anonymous posters?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.