/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Easy talk gathering in LMC...

Helena
07-19-2007, 12:08 PM
:sl:

EASY TALK DAROON GATHERING!!!

12th August '07 3.00pm -5.00pm at SEMINAR ROOM, 4th FLOOR LMC!

1st Hour - Talk: Surviving the Summer Fitna
Brother Junaid Ahmed
Nasheeds, Qiraa'a, Poem recitals and Drama

2nd Hour: A call to (true) Jihad:
Shaykh Ahmed Saad

Debate & Quiz, brs Vs Srs

Throughout the event: Hot food and light refreshment!

NO FEES, COMPLETELY FREE
For more info
E: easytalk.daroon@gmail.com
W: www.easy-talk.org

:w: :D

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Malaikah
07-19-2007, 12:44 PM

Wow, with a title like that ( A call to (true) Jihad), I would be surprised if the event doesn't get raided by the media!

Helena
07-19-2007, 12:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah

Wow, with a title like that ( A call to (true) Jihad), I would be surprised if the event doesn't get raided by the media!
i didnt realise that sis..probably its seeking media attention.....to see the true essence of jihad...as in the media it is portrayed negatively...

Salaam
07-20-2007, 02:41 PM
Assalamu Alaikum,

they are not going to talk about the true jihad, they are going to talk about jihad of the nafs, which is the true jihad to them.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Umm Abdullaah
07-28-2007, 12:50 PM
Who is shaykh Ahmad Saad? Can someone enlighten me please -

SATalha
07-28-2007, 01:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Salaam
Assalamu Alaikum,

they are not going to talk about the true jihad, they are going to talk about jihad of the nafs, which is the true jihad to them.
Them? Does that not include you? The word has to dimentions and it has been hijaked to mean önly 1 thing. Rather Jihad of the nafs is as important as Jihad of the physical sense. Both are true Jihad! Its just one get to much media attention and people start thinking jihad is to fight.

SATalha
07-28-2007, 02:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Abdullaah
He is a local imam of a Masjid and is very renowend for his Quranic understanding and recitation. I think he is Egyption iam not sure?

jzcasejz
07-28-2007, 09:27 PM
As-Salaamu'alaikum

format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Abdullaah
He's from Egypt and comes to East London Mosque to lead Taraweeh. However, I think he's now Imaam of Finsbury Park Mosque (according to what I've heard).

SATalha
07-28-2007, 09:29 PM
Salam every 1 you can listen to our weekly show now!!!!! www.easy-talk.org

Helena
07-28-2007, 09:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SATalha
Salam every 1 you can listen to our weekly show now!!!!! www.easy-talk.org
The show is available every Saturday...10-12pm inshAllah...and visit the above site inshAllah.

Umm Abdullaah
07-29-2007, 01:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by jzcasejz
As-Salaamu'alaikum

He's from Egypt and comes to East London Mosque to lead Taraweeh. However, I think he's now Imaam of Finsbury Park Mosque (according to what I've heard).
wa'alaykum as-salam

O okay, I think I know who he is now.

Helena
08-10-2007, 08:34 PM
The event is fast approaching inshAllah...:D :D :D .....

hope bro/sis can make it inshAllah...An interesting topic/issue with be discussed...then quiz and debates will be included...

overall free food and it is a free event.....:thumbs_up :D ..i'll be bringing onion bhaji...:thumbs_up ...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.