/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A couple of suggestions...

Skywalker
07-19-2007, 06:16 PM
:sl:

I have a couple of suggestions for a more enriching LI Forum experience!

1) The reputation system, the rep power in particular. From what I understand it increases the more you spread repuation to others, correct?

Well, here's a better and more logical way of doing it. Instead of having it increase with the more rep you spread around, instead it should be an equation between the following factors:

a) post count (more posts=more experience=rep from you means something)
b) rep-to-post ratio (the higher the ratio=people respect you more=rep from you means something)
c) repuation spreading (the more you spread=you're a generous person=you should be rewarded)

and secondly...

2) Changing user names. I discussed this in another thread, and while most agree that it's annoying, some have pointed out different reasons for it. I think it should only be allowed with this condition: that the person's post count is above 50 but less than 150. Why? Above 50 because he's still a limited member, and less than 150 because after that, people all over the forum will have gotten used to the nickname and it gets confusing for everyone. Plus, 150 is a good number for a person to get into their nickname, and if they don't like it or see that people don't respond well too it, then they have a chance to change it.

What do u guys think??

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ibn Al Aqwa
07-19-2007, 06:59 PM
Yh thats probably a better way of doing it

The Ruler
07-19-2007, 07:21 PM

About the reputation system, you got it wrong. It doesn't increase depending on the amount of reps you spread around. It depends on your post count, the length of time you spend here, and the amount of reps you recieve.

And I don't agree to the username policy thing... because I'm still deciding on changing mine in the near futura. It could be limited to a certain amount of times you can change your name. But not the way you said, since that would give those with 50+ and 150- posts more possibilities. I'm not saying its bad, but if so, I'd rather have my post count between hose two numbers.

Hope you understand.

:w:

-S-
07-19-2007, 07:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skywalker

2) Changing user names. I discussed this in another thread, and while most agree that it's annoying, some have pointed out different reasons for it. I think it should only be allowed with this condition: that the person's post count is above 50 but less than 150. Why? Above 50 because he's still a limited member, and less than 150 because after that, people all over the forum will have gotten used to the nickname and it gets confusing for everyone. Plus, 150 is a good number for a person to get into their nickname, and if they don't like it or see that people don't respond well too it, then they have a chance to change it.

What do u guys think??
I agree with you here

up to the rest of the mods though

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ibn Al Aqwa
07-19-2007, 07:56 PM
yh but i want to change mine, how do i do it?

m102313
07-19-2007, 08:12 PM
Doesnt chuddy mean underwear in urdu/hindi/gujarati.

Ibn Al Aqwa
07-19-2007, 08:13 PM
i dunno bro, does it?

thanks alpha dude :)

but i am still gonna change it

Pk_#2
07-19-2007, 08:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by -S-
I agree with you here

up to the rest of the mods though
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo don't :D

and

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo chuddy don't :D

Ibn Al Aqwa
07-19-2007, 08:19 PM
sorry sister, but i think i am :)

"chuddy" is a bit old.

Pk_#2
07-19-2007, 08:47 PM
okay i am azwell :D

Hmm...now i wana think of a name before they make it a new rule:mmokay:

:exhausted ..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.