/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Mixed marriage

Joe98
07-21-2007, 04:45 AM
It is claimed that Muslim women are not allowed to marry non Muslim men.

They are therefore claiming Islam is discriminatory.

Please refute.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
doorster
07-21-2007, 04:56 AM
http://www.islamicboard.com/search/

tears4husain
07-21-2007, 06:05 AM
:sl: Well, a man is the foundation of an household and the woman is the heart. How can there be an islamic household if the foundation is not foundated on islam? How can they pray together? Aman is the imam of his household how can a non-muslim lead the household salat? Or be an islamic role model for his children? let alone his wife. The morality of islam is very important in a household and starts from the foundation.

guyabano
07-21-2007, 12:15 PM
I add a question:

Can a love between 2 humans been ruled by a difference of religion?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
tears4husain
07-21-2007, 02:49 PM
:sl: If your religion dictates the morals and principles of your life than yes because regardless of love you will seek someone evenly yoked to that fits you.

sevgi
07-21-2007, 02:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tears4husain
:sl: If your religion dictates the morals and principles of your life than yes because regardless of love you will seek someone evenly yoked to that fits you.
we must also consider the fcat that if love is wat we cut it out to be, then it shud surpass religion so that one of the participants in a relationship shud convert.

its hard to say which one...but if the love is true, then they would guve up not only their religion but even their lives for one one another---idealistically speaking.

guyabano
07-21-2007, 02:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tears4husain
The question which really interest me to know is:

When there is really true love between 2 humans, would they not be ready to sacrify everything for the partner?

I honestly want to see a person, who just terminate a relationship, just because the other one is..let's say 'christian'

IMHO, love is the most powerful feelings we have, and I think, nothing can stop that, also not a religion.

sevgi
07-21-2007, 03:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by guyabano

When there is really true love between 2 humans, would they not be ready to sacrify everything for the partner?

I honestly want to see a person, who just terminate a relationship, just because the other one is..let's say 'christian'

IMHO, love is the most powerful feelings we have, and I think, nothing can stop that, also not a religion.
exactly the point ive made...

but in islam, females are restricted in marrying non muslims so he would have to do the sacrificing.if he doesnt...out the door he goes coz obviously he doesnt love her enuf....'christianity'(following your stance-doesnt pose such restrictions so he shudnt really hesitate)...

i think muslim girls steer away from non-islamic relationships...interfaith marriages in terms of muslim girls is very rare.so this isnt much of a problem.

- Qatada -
07-21-2007, 03:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Joe98
It is claimed that Muslim women are not allowed to marry non Muslim men.

They are therefore claiming Islam is discriminatory.

Please refute.

When a Muslim woman gets married to a non Muslim man;

- Her husband may dislike her performing her Islamic duties, and therefore forbid her from performing them. I.e. he may force her to take off the Hijaab and practising modesty.

He may cause her to stop performing other duties such as her 5 daily prayers, even other concepts such as paying 2.5% of ones wealth to the needy (he might be a stingy man - remember we're talking about all times, and in the general sense.)

He may even transgress some boundaries i.e. having intercourse with her during her menses, which is forbidden in Islaam since it is harmful*. He may even deal with her unjustly while taking girlfriends, having illicit relationships with them - since he does not have the fear of Allaah, or feel responsible for his actions - which we all will be judged on in the court of Allaah on the Day of Judgement.

He may even say evil about her religion and disrespect the Messengers' of Allaah, and say evil about them. This may then harm her faith, and it may lead to more enmity within the marriage.

When they have children, he may make these children make them follow another religion. When the duty of the parents is to give their children a good Islamic upbringing, so they can be good people, and worship Allaah properly.

* we were able to observe a strong statistical association between sexual intercourse during menstruation and sell-reported STD history. Conclusions: Sexual intercourse during menstruation may emerge more consistently as a risk factor for the heterosexual transmission of HIV or other sexually transmitted pathogens in future studies.

http://cat.inist.fr/?aModele=afficheN&cpsidt=3228034

The points stated above are just a few of the disadvantages of a Muslim woman getting married to non muslim men. Obviously, not all the above will apply to every couple. However, we are talking about the general sense, and we are talking about any time in history. From over 1400 years, uptill modern day times and even further in the future. This all has to be kept into consideration.

And Allaah knows best.

Peace.

tears4husain
07-21-2007, 03:45 PM

:sl: its all on what you base a rlationship on, because a foudation has to be there. The best foundation is God and both parties of the marriage dont have this expectation it could lead to problems. I have been there and no one can replace the love I have for God, and you also have to consider the children what will they follow? If you will not let anything get in the way of love speaking of your belief you cant be strong in faith.God trys you with those who you love sometimes you have to sacrifice your love, for God. my strive for paradise is more important then love for some one else.If two peple untie and dont for the same thing they sre liable to fall for anything.

tears4husain
07-21-2007, 03:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Qatada -
When a Muslim woman gets married to a non Muslim man;

- Her husband may dislike her performing her Islamic duties, and therefore forbid her from performing them. I.e. he may force her to take off the Hijaab and practising modesty.

He may cause her to stop performing other duties such as her 5 daily prayers, even other concepts such as paying 2.5% of ones wealth to the needy (he might be a stingy man - remember we're talking about all times, and in the general sense.)

He may even transgress some boundaries i.e. having intercourse with her during her menses, which is forbidden in Islaam since it is harmful. He may even deal with her unjustly while taking girlfriends, having illicit relationships with them - since he does not have the fear of Allaah, or feel responsible for his actions - which we all will be judged on in the court of Allaah on the Day of Judgement.

He may even say evil about her religion and disrespect the Messengers' of Allaah, and say evil about them. This may then harm her faith, and it may lead to more enmity within the marriage.

When they have children, he may make these children oppose the religion of their mother and he may make them follow another religion. When the duty of the parents is to give their children a good Islamic upbringing, so they can be good people, and worship Allaah properly.

The points stated above are just a few of the disadvantages of a Muslim woman getting married to non muslim men. Obviously, not all the above will apply to every couple. However, we are talking about the general sense, and we are talking about any time in history. From over 1400 years, uptill modern day times and even further in the future. This all has to be kept into consideration.

And Allaah knows best.

Peace.
:sl: strong point Qatada

united
07-21-2007, 03:51 PM
The whole point of life is obedience to God. So a true believer would want nothing to stand in its way. It does not matter whether they are male or female.
Yes, men are given leeway to marry women of the book if they wish but it would be as a last resort.

Keltoi
07-21-2007, 03:58 PM
From a non-religious standpoint, a marriage between people of different faiths is usually difficult, depending upon the degree of their committment to faith. It isn't impossible to overcome, but it does lead to disagreement and problems. However, if both parties are aware of the differences and the sacrifices that would have to be made to keep the marriage together, then it can obviously be done.

Bittersteel
07-21-2007, 03:58 PM
I hate interfaith marriages.whether the man or woman is Muslim.I disapprove of it highly.Still I don't bother but there are some consequences of interfaith marriages for which I believe interfaith marriages should be banned(in Muslim countries).
population-yes there is a strength in numbers.If interfaith marriages occur,another culture or religion may start to clash with Islamic lifestyles.

asadxyz
07-22-2007, 01:38 AM
I add a question:

Can a love between 2 humans been ruled by a difference of religion?
Peace:
Love ?? which love you are talking about.The society in which atheism is prevalent do not love even their parents and children ,not to aspeak of a lady of another religion.That society throws their parents in "old houses ".Can they be faithful to anyone?

Keltoi
07-22-2007, 03:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by asadxyz
Peace:
Love ?? which love you are talking about.The society in which atheism is prevalent do not love even their parents and children ,not to aspeak of a lady of another religion.That society throws their parents in "old houses ".Can they be faithful to anyone?
Athiest don't love their parents or children? I don't think you need anybody to point out the fallacy of that statement. As for "old houses", sometimes people don't have the means to care for their parents at home. Usually someone has to stay home to take care of a aging parent, and in many cases there isn't anyone available to take on the task. It is a difficult decision for anybody to make. I wouldn't be so quick to judge people unless you've walked in their shoes.

asadxyz
07-22-2007, 10:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
Athiest don't love their parents or children? I don't think you need anybody to point out the fallacy of that statement. As for "old houses", sometimes people don't have the means to care for their parents at home. Usually someone has to stay home to take care of a aging parent, and in many cases there isn't anyone available to take on the task. It is a difficult decision for anybody to make. I wouldn't be so quick to judge people unless you've walked in their shoes.
How many single mothers are there? Why did the males enjoy the lady ,procreated children and leave them ??? What is the divorce rate ? What is the inheritance for children from the deceased father ? Would you please provide answers for them ?

guyabano
07-22-2007, 03:00 PM
The society in which atheism is prevalent do not love even their parents and children ,not to aspeak of a lady of another religion.
Oh boy ! And I guess you also still believe, the earth is flat!

I don't believe in a God, I'm married since 10 years, and I have 2 beautiful children. A third is on his way and I still love my wife like the first day I met her !

MinAhlilHadeeth
07-22-2007, 03:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sumeyye
we must also consider the fcat that if love is wat we cut it out to be, then it shud surpass religion so that one of the participants in a relationship shud convert.

its hard to say which one...but if the love is true, then they would guve up not only their religion but even their lives for one one another---idealistically speaking.
:salamext:

That would be shirk in love.

Shirk and Love: It is to love something or someone other than Allaah as one loves Allaah or greater.

Allaah, the Most High, said:

"And Mankind are some who take (for worship) others besides Allaah. They love them as they love Allaah."

[Surah Al-Baqarah (2):165]

MinAhlilHadeeth
07-22-2007, 03:37 PM

Greetings,

In Islam, there's no place for personal opinions when it comes to rulings of Allah.

"The messenger believes in what has been revealed to him from his Lord, and (so do) the believers; they all believe in Allah and His angels and His books and His messengers; We make no difference between any of His messengers; and they say: We hear and obey, our Lord! Thy forgiveness (do we crave), and to Thee is the eventual course."

[Surah Al Baqarah (2):285]

"O you who believe! obey Allah and His Messenger and do not turn back from Him while you hear. And be not like those who said, We hear, and they did not obey."

[Surah Al Anfal (8):20-21]

"The answer of the Believers, when summoned to Allah and His Messenger, in order that He may judge between them, is no other than this: they say, "We hear and we obey": it is such as these that will attain felicity."

[Surah Al Nur (24):51]

asadxyz
07-22-2007, 05:49 PM
Oh boy ! And I guess you also still believe, the earth is flat!

I don't believe in a God, I'm married since 10 years, and I have 2 beautiful children. A third is on his way and I still love my wife like the first day I met her !
we are talking about individuals rather about the society as a whole.Exception is always there.Why to avoid that question about it.

guyabano
07-22-2007, 06:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Muwahhidah
Greetings,

In Islam, there's no place for personal opinions when it comes to rulings of Allah.

"The messenger believes in what has been revealed to him from his Lord, and (so do) the believers; they all believe in Allah and His angels and His books and His messengers; We make no difference between any of His messengers; and they say: We hear and obey, our Lord! Thy forgiveness (do we crave), and to Thee is the eventual course."

[Surah Al Baqarah (2):285]

"O you who believe! obey Allah and His Messenger and do not turn back from Him while you hear. And be not like those who said, We hear, and they did not obey."

[Surah Al Anfal (8):20-21]

"The answer of the Believers, when summoned to Allah and His Messenger, in order that He may judge between them, is no other than this: they say, "We hear and we obey": it is such as these that will attain felicity."

[Surah Al Nur (24):51]
ok, instead of just posting verses, can you please tell me something in your own words. No offence, but I don't like to read verses as they are meaningless to me.

guyabano
07-22-2007, 06:12 PM
we are talking about individuals rather about the society as a whole.Exception is always there.Why to avoid that question about it.
no, you weren't talking about individuals.

referring to this statement:
This was not meant for individuals, sorry !

asadxyz
07-22-2007, 08:53 PM
no, you weren't talking about individuals.

referring to this statement:

This was not meant for individuals, sorry !
This is a good example how atheists avoid the real topic.Same modes operandi in every discussion.

Uthman
07-22-2007, 09:08 PM
Let's calm down now, people. No need to insult or be disrespectful. :)

MinAhlilHadeeth
07-23-2007, 12:06 PM
ok, instead of just posting verses, can you please tell me something in your own words. No offence, but I don't like to read verses as they are meaningless to me.
Ok. When Allah and His Messenger say, 'Such-and-such is unlawful', it is not our place to disagree. We say, 'We hear and we obey'. As is stated in numerous verses in the Qur'aan.

I didn't post those verses to inspire you. That was the proof for my statement, 'In Islam, there's no place for personal opinions when it comes to rulings of Allah'.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.