/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Arabic fonts

Ummu Sufyaan
07-22-2007, 06:16 AM
:sl: brothers and sisters.

i know someone who teaches kids Arabic. And they need a dotted font of the Arabic alphabet so that the kids can learn how to write. (by writting over the dots).
does anyone know where i can get something like this from.

jazakallahu kahir

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ahlam
07-22-2007, 12:22 PM
this site might help you:
http://www.almedia.net/

and this is what you are looking for, you just have to download it to your computer:
http://img.fatayat.net/7roof4kid-fatayat.net.zip

i hope i have been helpful.

Ummu Sufyaan
07-23-2007, 01:45 AM
:sl:
jazakallahu khair, however this person s looking for a font where they are able to type up their own words in Microsoft word. something similar to times new roman, for example, only in Arabic, and dotted

ahlam
07-23-2007, 10:18 AM
hey..
i understand what you mean, but it's complecated, cause arabic letters are not like english letters. See, when you write in arabic letters are combined, and usually some changes happen to change the form of a letter. For example, the أ letter is written the same at the beginning of a word. but it changes at the middle of it to this form ـأ .Another example: حـ becomes ــحــ.
Therefor, you should start teaching arabic letters Individually to children.
And you can teach them letters indevidually at there three shapes: at the beginning of a word, at the middle and at the end.

i am wondering if you are an arabic native speaker?
becouse you might notfind this relevant.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ummu Sufyaan
07-23-2007, 10:55 AM
i do understand what you mean, however i do have an arabic font on my computer, so i know that it works, even with arabic as complicated as it may be. so im thinking that it is possible to get a font, but im not sure if there is the one i need availalbe

ahlam
07-23-2007, 11:23 AM
you want to write a word or a letter and get it dotted?
no sister i don't know if there is something like that..

Ummu Sufyaan
07-24-2007, 04:05 AM
yes. i was thinking though that maybe some textbooks that they teach kids with at schools have this type of font. that way inshallah i could maybe get in contact with the publishers and ask them what type of font they use. do you (or does anyone know) or has anyone come across textbooks like this. what is their titles/authors, etc

jazakallahu khair.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.