Jazaak ALLAH khayr for the cosmetic improvement.. :thumbs_up

:wasalamex

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
mohammed farah
07-24-2007, 10:35 AM
Why was it changed? It looks so out of place, I loved the old logo:(

Re.TiReD
07-24-2007, 10:37 AM
lol innit...plus the cula's all rong....

Star
07-24-2007, 12:36 PM
yeh, i don lyk the logo either, it looks out of place, its annoying, :mmokay:

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
jzcasejz
07-24-2007, 12:40 PM
Nah it's not all that bad..it's kinda cool. And the colour looks dodgy because...it's meant for the Element blue skin.

sevgi
07-24-2007, 12:45 PM
its probably coz of this whole new management thingy...new management=new face, ie, logo...

but i dnt like this one...i didnt like the old one either bt this one is worse...looks like something dodgy and cheap...

i keep thinking my cursor is on it and i click bt i end up somwhere else...

sorry to the designers or wateva...

Al_Imaan
07-24-2007, 01:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mohammed farah
It looks so out of place, I loved the old logo:(
me too...w/ the cute little baby in the background....imsad

m102313
07-24-2007, 01:18 PM
I think this one looks better, it looks more neater.

Helena
07-24-2007, 01:54 PM
perhaps the logo shud be placed in the centre ( middle at the top of the page)...it will look neater...???..

if not then it looks out of place..plus the colour does not combine with blue...it shud be brighter, darker or lighter blue as the background of the logo instead of green and da the touch of white.

then on other hand its all blue...perhaps another colour that will stand out the logo and be matched with the colour???

highway_trekker
07-24-2007, 01:56 PM
I prefer the old one, this one has a phoney aura about it.

sevgi
07-24-2007, 01:59 PM
i think the green is meant to add the whole 'islamic' effect to it...but yeah...phoney aura...definietly...

Andrew
07-24-2007, 02:08 PM
I do web and graphic design, should any of the admins wish me to design a new logo for them then just get in touch with a PM or something. I could do a better job than that.

Andrew
07-24-2007, 02:09 PM
....oh and of course it will be free of charge

sevgi
07-24-2007, 02:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Andrew
I do web and graphic design, should any of the admins wish me to design a new logo for them then just get in touch with a PM or something. I could do a better job than that.
andrew...our saviour...long live andrew the graphic design guy...

jkz...y dnt u pm them...offer it to em..they mite jst take it up...

and wed all be happy...

maybe we could sign a petition...lol.

AmarFaisal
07-24-2007, 02:13 PM
I don't think there's anything bad looking in this logo

Andrew
07-24-2007, 02:13 PM
no problems, i just don't know who to offer it too! If someone can get in touch with them and point them to this thread it will be cool.

sevgi
07-24-2007, 02:15 PM
no problems, i just don't know who to offer it too! If someone can get in touch with them and point them to this thread it will be cool.
i donno...maybe Muhammad...(the one in red)

bt theyll probably jst say what the sis above jst said...that they dnt see anything wrong wit this one...

ur call...

*~Sofia~*
07-24-2007, 02:20 PM
I don't mind the new logo, it don't look that bad!

but i do miss the cute kid! :(

------->

Andrew
07-24-2007, 02:21 PM
Ok ill send him a PM and see what he thinks.

thanks

Pk_#2
07-24-2007, 05:42 PM
omdays what the hek is that thinggggg!

Ewwy! Get rid of it :D please.

have nothing instead EMPTINESS! :p

Nah wah eva man, the kid thing was cute but silly. Taxin google.com Tsk :rolleyes:

-S-
07-24-2007, 09:06 PM

Go for it if you want :)

yeh im just trying different variations of the logo but do feel free to design if you want and whoever else wanna!

-S-
07-24-2007, 09:06 PM
yeh reason why is many of you are soo used to the old logo when something new comes it like :O takes time geting used to!

Khayal
07-24-2007, 09:15 PM
:sl:

It looks elegant to me, :peace:I don't want to change it back..:mmokay:

mohammed farah
07-25-2007, 12:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Khayal

It looks elegant to me, :peace:I don't want to change it back..:mmokay:

Whats elegant about it? Can't you see how out of place it looks? The old one fitted perfectly.

syilla
07-25-2007, 01:32 AM
Do something that shows humanity... that'll be great!

Strzelecki
07-25-2007, 01:51 AM
It does look out of place...But I like it.
Maybe there will be a new skin on the way? :D

snakelegs
07-25-2007, 02:59 AM
nah, i think it looks commercial. i really liked the other picture and i miss it.
:( and besides, the colours blended right in.
that's what happens when you get a new landlord. they always have to fiddle with things that are perfectly fine the way they are.
oh well, at least we don't pay rent. ;D

sevgi
07-25-2007, 07:38 AM
oh well, at least we don't pay rent. ;D
lets hope it stays that way.:nervous:

Skywalker
07-25-2007, 08:09 AM
The colors of this logo go perfectly with the 'Aria' theme, and since I'm using it, I really like it...it looks much more professional.

But to be honest, it does feel like it's missing something. Firstly, the hand feels a bit out of place...u know...too cliche. But it needs something, like a pic of something or...something, or maybe a something something, lol!

I'd like to see what Andrew can come up with, so I say go for it and post it in this thread!

format_quote Originally Posted by sofia
but i do miss the cute kid!
Lol! That pic reminds me of something I saw in a masjid once. I went to pray the asr at this one masjid here in Egypt, and it was full of kids (and I mean full) coming in to learn Qur'an or something....anyways, I just finished praying and a couple minutes later they made another gam3a behind me and started praying, and this one man had his 3 year old kid with him. You know how if a kid is playing with u while you're praying u should just let them play like the prophet did (pbuh)...well this kid was going all out! He was holding his father by the throat from behind, and when the man made sujoud the kid went flying up and his legs were all dangling up the air, lol! I was literally cracking up...seriously I was trying to hold my laughter in as best I could cuz it was in a mosque and all, but tears were starting to form up in my eyes and I could help laughing out loud! So all the people started noticing and when they saw the kid and his dad they started laughing too. The whole mosque was in an uproar before long, hahaha!

Oh man, I really wish I had a pic of that...now THAT woulda made a good logo!

IceQueen~
07-25-2007, 02:07 PM
:'( I MISS THE OLD ONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeee.....!!!!:'(

why can't we have that one back in place of this one..? (even if ur gonne change it to something dif anyway..?):(

sevgi
07-25-2007, 02:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram

Oh quit your whining! People don't have food out there and you're complaining about a petty logo :rollseyes...

Just teasing :D It's ok, I dont mind it, but I guess you're just gonna have to get used to it lol.

ur such a mum...:skeleton:

lol.;D

IceQueen~
07-25-2007, 02:22 PM
it looks awful (no offence) but DEAD!!!

I mean the other one suited the whole LI look so much better...

this one looks like it is suffering from serious lack of imagination;D

shev
07-25-2007, 02:42 PM
I didn't like it either. please change it. It has no deepness and meaningfull message

Star
07-25-2007, 02:54 PM
the logo doesnt bother me anymore, i still dont like it, but i've grown used to it,

Intisar
07-25-2007, 03:12 PM

I think it's pretty cute.

Admin
07-25-2007, 05:11 PM
Ah I love this one, looks too good on the Aria skin.

07-25-2007, 05:21 PM
edit

mohammed farah
07-25-2007, 05:50 PM
Can Someone tell me why it was changed? For all we know they might change whole colour theme of Islamicboard, From purple to blue or green.

------
07-25-2007, 07:29 PM
:salamext:

The old logo looked better, but if things are going to change, then the Admins are probably changing it for a reason unknown to us and to improve Islamicboard. Anyways, keep up the good work Admin :thumbs_up

Andrew
07-25-2007, 07:59 PM
I have been in discussion with -S- and I'll be posting up my effort in the next half an hour for you to all see.

I originally decided to make it prodominantly blue but after discussion of all the themes (which I can't see as I'm a limited member) I have tried to come up with something that will look good on a variety of themes (though its obviously hard to pick something that will look good on every theme).

Skywalker
07-25-2007, 08:15 PM
Sounds good, let's see it insha-Allah...

EDIT: maybe this can help you out. I took screenshots of each of the styles. Pardon the quality though...I had to compress them to save space...

mohammed farah
07-25-2007, 08:41 PM
Nah, I'll stick to the original purple.

Andrew
07-25-2007, 08:48 PM
Thanks for the uploads of the themes, though I didnt get chance to check them out before finishing my design! I admit the green logo looks quite good on the green theme. Not sure if mine would look best on that, however the mode should be able to use different logos for different themes.

Anyways, here is my effort.

I hope mine can be used and that people like it. I've spent a few hours on it tonight.

Please let me know what you think.

Andrew

Andrew
07-25-2007, 08:50 PM
Sorry the link didnt work! I'll try again.

Please leave comments. :-)

mohammed farah
07-25-2007, 08:52 PM

10x Better than the latest one, Fantastic I say. Well done!

What do we want: Andrews logo

When do we want it: Now!:D

Andrew
07-25-2007, 08:54 PM
:-)

I'm so happy you like it. It means my hardwork was not in vain. I hope others agree with you.

Maybe it could be used on all but the green theme?

m102313
07-25-2007, 09:16 PM
Good job Andrew, the logo looks decent.

-S-
07-25-2007, 10:09 PM
ooh thanks andrew very nice

ill put it on the board hopefulyl in a day or 2 and see how it looks!

jsut hectic at the moment with the floods around this area so dont have much time!!!

snakelegs
07-25-2007, 10:18 PM
good work, andrew! (though i did like the picture better).

:bravo:

Muhammad
07-25-2007, 10:35 PM
Hello Andrew,

Thank you for taking the time to design a new logo!

It looks very nice as others have said. My main suggestion would be to replace the crescent and star with another image, like a minaret, because it's not actually a symbol of Islam - more info here: http://www.islamicboard.com/refutati...bol-islam.html

Peace :).

Andrew
07-25-2007, 10:40 PM
Ok, that could be done if other people would prefer that?

I might not get much time this week though to make any changes if they are needed as I spent a fair few hours doing this tonight and I have to do some other work which I postponed in doing for this.

In the meantime, here is just a quick mockup of what the existing one would look like when intergrated into the theme :

Star
07-25-2007, 11:00 PM

great logo andrew, mega improvement compared to the current 1, looks mystical, i like it..:D

snakelegs
07-25-2007, 11:06 PM
i'm curious - was the picture removed because some think that pictures (of living beings) are haram?
i realize the star and crescent are not true symbols of islam - but they are widely recognized as such. are they actually unislamic? offensive to islam?

Salaam
07-25-2007, 11:22 PM
the new logo is not that bad. although there could be a few improvments....

but i think the hamas logo (below) would go nicely!!! what do you think?

MinAhlilHadeeth
07-25-2007, 11:23 PM

Could we keep the current logo on Aria style? That's the style I use, and I think the current logo looks really good with Aria style.

Khayal
07-26-2007, 02:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Muwahhidah

Could we keep the current logo on Aria style? That's the style I use, and I think the current logo looks really good with Aria style.

Yes, it looks awesome on the aria style skin. :thumbs_up

Al_Imaan
07-26-2007, 02:24 AM
andrews logo is quite nice....i still prefer the old one....w/ the cute baby...:D

Khayal
07-26-2007, 02:28 AM

I don't care anymore what will be the final one BECAUSE

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" :D

Skywalker
07-26-2007, 05:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Salaam
but i think the hamas logo (below) would go nicely!!! what do you think?
Lolllll! U know that America considers them terrorists, right? If we put their logo up, we'd all end up in Guantanamo Bay real quick!! lol

Andrew...great job man! Looks very subtle and professional -- but it doesn't go with the Aria theme. I say leave this one for Aria and use urs for the others...

Andrew
07-26-2007, 08:27 AM
I agree too, leave the current green one with the green theme and use this on the rest. Or if I have time, I could make a green version of the current one perhaps if it's what people would like.

We could also do with a poll setting up maybe, to see if the majority of people want me to change the crescent and moon or not as it will involve a few hours more work from me and I don't want to do it if it's going to be time wasted.

Peace

m102313
07-26-2007, 12:02 PM

I'm a web developer and this is what i have made, took me only 5 mins.
:D

What do you think ? :rollseyes

Here the URL Link, bro -S- you can use this if you like it.

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...Board_logo.png

Regards,
Mohammed

sevgi
07-26-2007, 12:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by moabubaker

Regards,
Mohammed

i like...but we really need to pm the mods...

m102313
07-26-2007, 12:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sumeyye
i like...but we really need to pm the mods...

i'm sure the mods or admins will come across this post, and they will know about it. And i don't think my logo is that great that i should go to the mods.

sevgi
07-26-2007, 12:30 PM

i'm sure the mods or admins will come across this post, and they will know about it. And i don't think my logo is that great that i should go to the mods.

ur call mate...

nevesirth
07-26-2007, 01:00 PM
nooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the old one was better. or try come up with something creative!!!!!!!! this ones too plain and doesnt go with the skin!!!!!![

------
07-26-2007, 01:05 PM

u never leave a reason to complain do u brother lol

m102313
07-26-2007, 01:09 PM
Well if you want a logo, it should be unique, the old one was not a logo it was a picture only with the word islamicboard in it. As you can see this one in use at the moment is a logo because no one else has it.

Andrew
07-26-2007, 01:58 PM

Regards,
Mohammed
Most web developers i know don't get involved with graphics they just develop and code web apps, usually the graphics parts get left to the web designers. Where do you work at mate?

I think your logo looks good too, a bit too much bevel on the lettering though. Where did you get the idea of making it in rounded rectangular box with text two different colours and faded background image through? :D

m102313
07-26-2007, 02:05 PM
Yh i work for web developing company in the UK, at the moment i'm studying web designing in University, im still a newbie though, Insha'allah when i finish this course i can make better logos, and web templates.

Well i got the idea from you, sorry (couldn't think of anything better) :D
Just played around with different techniques in photoshop.

Andrew
07-26-2007, 02:24 PM
Ha ha thats cool, I was only kidding around. If you got the idea of me then it shows that mine is doing something right.

Maybe you could reduce the bevel on the lettering and take the shadow off of yours and make it more green and white colours and it could be used on the green template? I think that is the template mine is not going to be used on.

Also, I personally find web / graphic design a lot more fun then web development so you have made the right choice by studying that at uni. And the longer you do your course and the more you play around in photoshop the better you will become with time. If you ever need a hand and I may be able to help just send me a PM mate.

waji
07-26-2007, 02:25 PM

Brother moabubaker ur design looks good but i don't like the bismillah at the back i
mean its not good idea to write any thing over bismillah or any thing on
Allah so plz change the background
and if u like i have a suggestion

^^ place it in the circle in ur logo

i hope u don't mind this is just a suggestion

rozeena
07-26-2007, 02:26 PM
i think the logo looks cool, da little boy is sooooooooooooooo cute mashallah, n i fink da colors fine.bt wat did da old 1 look like? wat color was it?

m102313
07-26-2007, 02:32 PM
Yeah I agree Web designing is more fun, but if you do web development you could get payed more money, but you have to be a pro, and you need few qualifications in other subjects. I get 2000 pounds weekly for my job, there's a lot of money in web development. I'm not just doing this for money but because it's a hobby for me. I'm studying web graphic designing because i want to be even better, i want to make even better sites all by myself, without the help of a graphic designer.

Andrew
07-26-2007, 02:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wkas

Some people have suggested I replace the crescent and star in my version too so I will also try to implement this in mine and submit an another entry (maybe tonight) to see what people think. I experimented briefly putting in a minaret into mine but it didnt look very good, this may go a little bit better.

rozeena
07-26-2007, 02:35 PM
Yeah I agree Web designing is more fun, but if you do web development you could get payed more money, but you have to be a pro, and you need few qualifications in other subjects. I get 2000 pounds weekly for my job, there's a lot of money in web development. I'm not just doing this for money but because it's a hobby for me. I'm studying web graphic designing because i want to be even better, i want to make even better sites all by myself, without the help of a graphic designer.

coooool!!! 2000 quid a week aint bad bro lol!hw do u get in 2 dt profession? wt did u need 2 study at colge? or do u need 2go thru a training provida etc

waji
07-26-2007, 02:37 PM

Some people have suggested I replace the crescent and star in my version too so I will also try to implement this in mine and submit an another entry (maybe tonight) to see what people think. I experimented briefly putting in a minaret into mine but it didnt look very good, this may go a little bit better.
Andrew and moabubaker, both why not try to make
"I" of Islamic Board a kind of minaret
Try it

Andrew
07-26-2007, 02:38 PM
This is very true, and with you improving your weakness and bringing your design skills up to par with your development work it can only bode well for you in the future. And like you say, it is a lot better to keep everything under the one hat and develop a site on your own rather than having to rely on other people for certain parts (and thats not even considering the financial benefits it will bring).

I always knew development paid better than design but I didn't realise by that much. You must be a good coder to be on £48k a year mate.

So are you going to give it a go making your version a bit more green?

Andrew
07-26-2007, 02:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wkas

Andrew and moabubaker, both why not try to make
"I" of Islamic Board a kind of minaret
Try it

I did try that last night when making my first version but I couldn't get it to look as good so in the end I decided against it. Maybe moabubaker may have more luck if he decides to give it a go.

Woodrow
07-26-2007, 03:00 PM

I like it!!

The only change I would make, would be to make the background transparent.

m102313
07-26-2007, 03:36 PM

Okay here is one with a minaret, and i haven't put bismillah in the background.

If you want me to make any changes please do tell me.

Link : http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...oard_logo2.png

Regards,
Mohammed

m102313
07-26-2007, 03:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by rozeena
coooool!!! 2000 quid a week aint bad bro lol!hw do u get in 2 dt profession? wt did u need 2 study at colge? or do u need 2go thru a training provida etc
Well i did very good in my GCSE's, i got 7 A* and one A, to be good in Web Development you should be good in other areas like Mathematics and Science etc. it's not that you should only be good in IT, and I mainly started learning about it in University, i did several courses on it, around 5-6. You have to learn all the coding, the new languages such as PHP, Ajax, CSS, XHTML, XML, Perl, Python etc. and some of these are very hard.

Andrew
07-26-2007, 03:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
I like it!!

The only change I would make, would be to make the background transparent.

The background of white will not be there on the final version. This was just something i put it on while creating the preview. :thumbs_up

rozeena
07-26-2007, 03:55 PM
Well i did very good in my GCSE's, i got 7 A* and one A, to be good in Web Development you should be good in other areas like Mathematics and Science etc. it's not that you should only be good in IT, and I mainly started learning about it in University, i did several courses on it, around 5-6. You have to learn all the coding, the new languages such as PHP, Ajax, CSS, XHTML, XML, Perl, Python etc. and some of these are very hard.

thanks 4 breaking my dream bro lol! i think ill give it a miss it sounds tooooooo hard all these CSS, XHTML etc lol.

m102313
07-26-2007, 03:57 PM
This is very true, and with you improving your weakness and bringing your design skills up to par with your development work it can only bode well for you in the future. And like you say, it is a lot better to keep everything under the one hat and develop a site on your own rather than having to rely on other people for certain parts (and thats not even considering the financial benefits it will bring).

I always knew development paid better than design but I didn't realise by that much. You must be a good coder to be on £48k a year mate.

So are you going to give it a go making your version a bit more green?
Some web developers do get paid little but it all depends on your knowledge of web developing and qualifications, nowadays it all about qualifications, it's not easy to get a job without any qualifications. If you are a very good coder you can get paid even more than £2000.

Bro Andrew are you a professional Web/Graphic Designer?

Where abouts do you work?

m102313
07-26-2007, 04:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by rozeena
thanks 4 breaking my dream bro lol! i think ill give it a miss it sounds tooooooo hard all these CSS, XHTML etc lol.
Well i did not mean to break your heart, but if you want to become a professional web designer you will have to know all this.

Andrew
07-26-2007, 04:13 PM
Some web developers do get paid little but it all depends on your knowledge of web developing and qualifications, nowadays it all about qualifications, it's not easy to get a job without any qualifications. If you are a very good coder you can get paid even more than £2000.

Bro Andrew are you a professional Web/Graphic Designer?

Where abouts do you work?

I used to be when I worked for a smaller IT firm last year that went bankrupt, but I now do it freelance in my own time.

I now work for a very large 'household name' IT company that specialise in International Business Machines doing something unrelated to web stuff but it pays better.

waji
07-26-2007, 04:57 PM

Regards,
Mohammed
It looks better
brother remember sometimes alot of things in a small place doesn't look descent now in the logo there is a word islamic which means alot, so i think that adding bismillah is a kind of unnecessary
look keep the dome up and place "Islamicboard" under it
and then make the "I" a kind of minaret and keep the test simple

Haidar_Abbas
07-26-2007, 05:01 PM
:sl: :D nice new button :sl:

3isha
07-26-2007, 06:40 PM
just the colour is wrong

m102313
07-26-2007, 06:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 3isha
just the colour is wrong
I really don't get it, what kind of logo do you want then. You show us how it is meant to look, please i want to see how it is meant to look.

snakelegs
07-27-2007, 01:40 AM
i like moabubaker's *the first version*, but i like andrew's better and think it looks "classier".
the "i" for islamic is a little too subtle, so what i see right away is "slamic".
i asked this before, but i still want to know if the logo was changed become some object to pictures of living beings? i liked the old one best. (but, some people just are like that - especially old people.) ;D
and also, while i know the star and crescent isn't a true symbol of islam, is it objectionable in some way?

syilla
07-27-2007, 07:04 AM
where's the trees...

where's the scenery...

where's the natural look...(i don't know what i'm saying)

is LI trying to create a CORPORATE LOGO?

syilla
07-27-2007, 07:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
the "i" for islamic is a little too subtle, so what i see right away is "slamic".
"slamtheboard" ... :omg: ;D

07-27-2007, 11:12 AM

I like this the best so far, but yeh it would look nicer with minarets in the background instead of the moon and star :)

I still really miss the old one though :( Is there a particular reason why it is being changed...?

Skywalker
07-27-2007, 12:12 PM
In another forum that I'm a member of, they have a sticky thread for members to send in their own designs for logos and banners. Whenever something new comes along that people really like, they just put it up!

m102313
07-27-2007, 12:25 PM

What is the forum called bro?

Muslim Knight
07-28-2007, 10:21 AM
Is it just me or is it what I saw as a large chunk of ugly green islamicboard.com banner on my top left, hanging out of place like some twat of full-stomached no-longer-hungry hippopotamus?

Take it out!! Take it out!! Hurts my eyes!!

Umu 'Isa
07-28-2007, 10:35 AM
You lot complain an awful lot! :rolleyes:

I like it!

Ibn Al Aqwa
07-28-2007, 10:51 AM
i dont like it either, it does look out of place, the other 1 was definitely better

Skywalker
07-28-2007, 05:34 PM
I was just playing around with something today...tell me what you guys think of this.

Why not replace the little logo with a long banner, which would look something like the pic below... of course we could do something a lot more professional...

gladTidings
07-28-2007, 06:06 PM

Lol aww... everybody is coming up with their own logos. This could turn messy. How about a vote or something?

Skywalker
07-28-2007, 08:58 PM

lol yeah everybody seems to be going logo-crazy! This could actually be more fun than messy. If we get a lot of people posting logos, we could turn it into a vote or something, but for now, I think people are just throwing out random ideas for the fun of it (like myself).

Also, not bad Alpha, but the words are almost invisible compared to the background -- try to go for a better colour contrast.

EDIT: Whoops didn't notice this...

What is the forum called bro?
It's a Star Wars forum at http://boards.theforce.net ...haven't been there for ages though...

جوري
07-29-2007, 06:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
That's a good idea Skywalker. I came up with a small logo/banner of my own. :X:

zAk implied that it stinks. imsad
ne sois pas triste Alpha dude..... I think your design is lovely .. it reminds me of ole cairo... I think the forum can use some sprucing up... I'd like some three or four arabesque designs interlacing these square boxes, and maybe a back ground of 'skies as if they have thought of rain'.. I am not sure I like pale blue :okay:
Anyhow, maybe you guys should run a competetion and have competent and 'emancipated' members vote for best design? just an idea :smile: :embarrass

snakelegs
07-29-2007, 06:22 AM
a agree - a vote would be good.
but i hope that if we get to vote, the old one will be among the choices.
(yeah, i know - i'm a whiner). :D

Andrew
07-29-2007, 08:56 AM
I don't have time to make constant revisions of mine. I don't mean to sound horrible, but I have paid work which has to take priority over this and i hope people can understand that. I am quite happy to make one more version of mine and post the original one i did plus a new version but that is where it will have to end.

A poll would be a good idea. We should set up a deadline for entries and then all the final ones should be put together in a thread for people to vote and simply the one with the most votes should win.

vpb
07-29-2007, 09:25 AM

if they could change the color of the logo to blue, it would be fine. Blue and green can't be together at the same place.

AmarFaisal
07-30-2007, 06:35 PM
I am sorry, but I don't like the new logo of Islamic forum,,,the green one above...:grumbling

guyabano
07-30-2007, 06:59 PM
Why?

samsam
07-30-2007, 07:29 PM
it won't hurt you

Keltoi
07-30-2007, 07:34 PM
At first I thought my mouse was going batty, now I'm used to it. Does add a little character.

amirah_87
07-30-2007, 10:48 PM

I think you guys have come up with alot of great stuff! keep it up. :)

nadia85
07-31-2007, 11:27 AM
I think the logo is ok but not that fussed on it

cal
08-07-2007, 10:54 PM
its just to plain

------
08-09-2007, 11:59 AM

Agreed.... :X

piXie
08-09-2007, 12:13 PM
Actually, its very artistic.

zAk n Muj4h1d4 hv no taste. :X

The Ruler
08-09-2007, 12:28 PM

You can hardly see the writing. No wonder.

shev
08-09-2007, 12:31 PM
could someone please add the old logo here I missed it :( and I want to save it.

snakelegs
08-09-2007, 09:53 PM
------->

here's the old one. i miss it too!

shev
08-10-2007, 08:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
------->

here's the old one. i miss it too!
thank you :)

Al-Zaara
08-10-2007, 10:02 AM
Ncnc. Dramatic people. :p Always clinging on the past, never letting go... ;D

joking.

I myself love the new one. :)

08-10-2007, 01:12 PM
The old one was more creative:

shev
08-10-2007, 02:13 PM
thanks alot I agree with you...

Al-Zaara
08-10-2007, 03:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rose_Ice
The old one was more creative:

I find it to look so old.

The new one is updated, modern. You except a more high-profile forum, instead of something like many newbie others.

Of course you can do better, but that's the decision of the owner.

My opinion at least. :sunny:

mohammed farah
08-10-2007, 07:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Zaara
Ncnc. Dramatic people. :p Always clinging on the past, never letting go... ;D

joking.

I myself love the new one. :)
That's because your a mod :p

IceQueen~
08-10-2007, 08:12 PM
The old one is soooo GORGEOUS looking back at it:( I wish everyone would stop worrying about changing logos just cos the forum owners changed...

Why can't we still have the old one back...? It looks so beautiful and it has such depth- it seemed to give the whole forum body and deep warmth...mashaAllah

ps as for the others so far Alpha's design seems nicest -esp the mosque bit:)

piXie
08-10-2007, 08:54 PM

oh what does it matter if its the old one or new one :rollseyes

so long as it looks nothing like this:

:p

08-10-2007, 09:02 PM
That's because your a mod :p
Exactly! And the new one is just so plain in comparison! I don't see how it could be called modern... well unless you mean modern:p

08-10-2007, 09:04 PM
PIxIE you sure have this attachment with the teppy accent dontcha :p

mohammed farah
08-10-2007, 09:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IceQueen~
The old one is soooo GORGEOUS looking back at it:( I wish everyone would stop worrying about changing logos just cos the forum owners changed...

Why can't we still have the old one back...? It looks so beautiful and it has such depth- it seemed to give the whole forum body and deep warmth...mashaAllah

ps as for the others so far Alpha's design seems nicest -esp the mosque bit:)
That is the very reason why I joined this forum, I just took one look at the whole forum and then I signed up. It was the very first time I ever signed up to a forum of any-kind.

snakelegs
08-10-2007, 09:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by piXie

oh what does it matter if its the old one or new one :rollseyes

so long as it looks nothing like this:

:p
i've found a solution! either we go back to the old logo, or we adopt piXie's! problem solved.

abs
08-11-2007, 12:13 AM
everythings blue besides the logo is green

IB-Staff
08-11-2007, 07:05 AM
everythings blue besides the logo is green
Try using the Aria skin, the logo looks fine there :)
http://www.islamicboard.com/control-panel/?styleid=67

IceQueen~
08-12-2007, 10:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by LI-Staff
Try using the Aria skin, the logo looks fine there :)
http://www.islamicboard.com/control-panel/?styleid=67
yeah it does- but it's only cos the colour matches- but there's no character to it! not like the old one at all:(

-S-
08-13-2007, 05:00 PM
ill refiddle with the logos again ia...ill post what we have so far soon inshallah! then u guys have the final say?

Fishman
08-13-2007, 05:05 PM
Well, the good thing about it is that it's green, which is the best colour (and the Prophet (peace be upon him)'s favourite), but unfortunately it doesn't match the purple or blue skin which most people have.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.