Protecting Muslim Prisoners - Sign The Petition
To: Ms Jacqui Smith. Home Secretary
We, the undersigned demand that a full investigation be made into HMP Frankland following the recent attack on Eesa (Dhiren) Barot there on 13th July 2007. Further to this brutal attack, two other Muslim inmates were threatened. Omar Khyam has received death threats and Hussein Osman's cell was set on fire.
We demand to know:
1) Why Eesa Barot was only admitted into hospital on Monday 17th July (4 days later).
2) Why the prison service protects paedophiles by giving them a separate wing, yet insists when the safety of Muslim prisoners is in jeopardy that "We will continue to treat these prisoners like all other criminals. We will do what is necessary to protect them but we have no intention of creating special conditions for them."
3) Why Omar Khyam has not been allowed to move from HMP Frankland despite receiving death threats. Instead, Omar has voluntarily gone into solitary confinement.
4) Why the police have refused to describe Eesa Barot's injuries. Ian Huntley's attacks in prison by fellow inmates were always fully described.
5) In light of the fact that HMP Frankland has had 3 threats on Muslim inmates in as many weeks, what checks will be put into place by the Home Secretary to prevent a reoccurrence of such incidents.
We urge Her Majesty's Prison service to accord Muslim prisoners the same right as other prisoners to serve their sentences in peace, without being under the threat of physical attacks from fellow inmates. Ignoring such attacks simply gives racist inmates the green light to continue indiscriminate attacks on Muslim prisoners.
Click Here To Sign Your Name