/* */

PDA

View Full Version : LL.B LAW Year 3 Reading List. Recommended books?

Ummah
08-06-2007, 08:21 PM
Asalaamualaikum

which books are the best out of these? Ive just copied it from the website list so sorry if it looks all higgledy piggledy when i post it on here

COMPANY LAW

Davies, P. L. (Paul Lyndon), 1944-. - Introduction to company law / Paul L. Davies. - Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2002. - (Clarendon law series).

Dine, Janet. - Company law. - 4th ed. - Basingstoke : Palgrave, 2001. - (Palgrave law masters).

Ferran, Eil´‡s. - Company law and corporate finance / Eil‡s Ferran. - Oxford : Oxford University Press, 1999.

Griffin, Stephen. - Company law : fundamental principles / Stephen Griffin. - 3rd ed. - Harlow : Longman, 2000.

Hicks, Andrew. - Cases and materials on company law / Andrew Hicks & S.H. Goo. - 4th ed. - London : Blackstone, 2001.

Mayson, Stephen W.. - Mayson, French & Ryan on company law / Stephen W. Mayson, Derek French and C. - 2002-2003. - 19th ed. - Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2002.

Pettet, B. G.. - Company law / Ben Pettet. - Harlow : Longman, 2001. - (Longman law series).

Proctor, Giles. - Corporate governance / Giles Proctor, Lilian Miles. - London : Cavendish, 2002.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummah
08-06-2007, 08:22 PM
FAMILY LAW

Hayes, Mary. - Family law : principles, policy and practice / Mary Hayes, Catherine William. - 2nd ed. - London : Butterworths, 1999. - 0406905975

Herring, Jonathan - Family law / Jonathan Herring - 2nd ed. - . - Harlow : Pearson, 2004 - Longman law series - 0582822807 :

Cretney, S. M., Stephen Michael. - Principles of family law / by S.M. Cretney, J.M. Masson and R. Bailey-Harris. - 7th ed. - London : Sweet & Maxwell, 2002. - 0421717602

Lowe, N. V., Nigel Vaughan, 1947-. - Family law / N.V. Lowe, G. Douglas. - 9th ed. - London : Butterworths, 1998. - 0406063303

Ummah
08-06-2007, 08:24 PM
And does anybody know which books are the best for..

INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY LAW

and

EQUITY AND TRUSTS

?

Protected_Diamond
08-06-2007, 08:30 PM
I could ask my teacher when i get back to colg. He's a fantastic teacher. Really safe and knows his stuff. Shall i ask him for you?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Pk_#2
08-06-2007, 08:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ummah
And does anybody know which books are the best for..

INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY LAW

and

EQUITY AND TRUSTS

?
i done law, i dint really use books

You can ask bro Muezzin..if he dun mind, he seems like a bookworm.

Ummah
08-06-2007, 10:09 PM
lol u didnt use books!! how did u pass!!!

Im trying to get them before i start uni u c, and i cant ask my teachers before then because they wont reply to emails knowing what theyre like! But if you can ask before september that would be so cool! what college/uni u at by the way?
Jazakhillah!

Ma'salaama

Protected_Diamond
08-07-2007, 05:21 PM
I can ask him when we start college...thats in september

Encolpius
08-09-2007, 11:51 AM
For IP law, I'd suggest:

"Intellectual Property Law," by Lionel Bentley and Brad Sherman. That's a pretty ace book and a good starting point for most areas of IP. Well, it helped me get a 2.1 in it, so... yeah. I'd get a second one as well so you can compare different points of view on a question.

Also, the IP Kitten blog, done by my former tutor in trade mark law, http://ipkitten.blogspot.com/ is worth a look for keeping up with new developments.

For Trusts and Equity, which is a subject I really couldn't abide but kinda had to do, the following are what I used:

J. C. Penner, "The Law of Trusts," can't remember the publisher. This is a smallish book which gives the essential on it, but which I never really cared for.

David Hayton and Charles Mitchell, "The Law of Trusts and Equitable Remedies," Butterworths? This is big and lumpen but it has all the appropriate excerpts from most of the cases in it.

I wish I could be more help, but all my English law books are in my room in High Wycombe whereas I'm shacked to the trilithon of the maitrîse intégrée here in Paris. Gnagh, I hate French law.

Ummah
08-12-2007, 10:57 AM
^ thank you

can i jus ask, did you study in the UK?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.