/* */

PDA

View Full Version : unlimited reputation

abs
08-07-2007, 08:37 PM
u know its a bit annoying wen some1 has dun sommet gud but the n wen u giv reputation given out 2 much in the last 24 and then the nex day u 4get
so i suggest that we can giv out much rep points as u want but not on the
same post or same person in a row only much reputation as you like anddat

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
08-07-2007, 08:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by abs
u know its a bit annoying wen some1 has dun sommet gud but the n wen u giv reputation given out 2 much in the last 24 and then the nex day u 4get
so i suggest that we can giv out much rep points as u want but not on the
same post or same person in a row only much reputation as you like anddat
The result would be inflation of rep points. With the current method we do have to stop and think before we give reps as it does mean that will be one less person we can rep.

In my opinion a better system would be for us all to be able to give out only as many rep points as rep power we have, but be able to control how many rep points we give to each person.

Using myself as an example, I would be able to give 47 points per day. But be able to divide it as I choose. ie give 47 points to one person or give 1 point each to 47 different people, or any variation therefore, until I have given out 47 points in one day.

Pk_#2
08-07-2007, 08:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
The result would be inflation of rep points. With the current method we do have to stop and think before we give reps as it does mean that will be one less person we can rep.

In my opinion a better system would be for us all to be able to give out only as many rep points as rep power we have, but be able to control how many rep points we give to each person.

Using myself as an example, I would be able to give 47 points per day. But be able to divide it as I choose. ie give 47 points to one person or give 1 point each to 47 different people, or any variation therefore, until I have given out 47 points in one day.
I like ur idea, i agree..some posts deserve more reps den others. :D

coz sumtimes u juz rep for the sake of it..sometimes a threadstarter doesn't deserve my 33, buh just the ..3 :p

abs
08-07-2007, 08:58 PM
i think thats a good idea but most of da people only hav bout 10, 5, 2, rep power

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Woodrow
08-07-2007, 09:05 PM
i think thats a good idea but most of da people only hav bout 10, 5, 2, rep power
True but the more activity a person has the more experience and rep power they gain. You will watch you rep power grow as your activity grows.

remember, rep power works in both directions a person can give negative reps and take away from a persons reputation.

Far better we leave the more active members, who have stayed without getting banned have the control over the larger numbers. If we all had equal numbers a newcomer with a grudge could come and do considerable damage to all of our rep counts. Perhaps this seems slow, but it provides a means for the largest impact to be in the hands of the more experienced, that have shown they can act without favoritism or out of personal grudges.

abs
08-08-2007, 12:01 PM
i didnt quite get dat

------
08-08-2007, 12:03 PM
:salamext:

As ur reputation number increases and the time u've been on the forum increases, ur rep power will go up.

Woodrow
08-08-2007, 12:11 PM
i didnt quite get dat
:w:

I do have the ability to explain things in a manner nobody can understand. I apologize.

I'll try to clarify what I mean:

What I was trying to point out, is the more active a person is, the more rep power they have. At the moment that seems to be the fairest way to allot rep power to each member.

abs
08-08-2007, 12:12 PM
i got mujahid4 but not u

abs
08-08-2007, 12:18 PM
no!! i understand u but not iqram

Woodrow
08-08-2007, 12:27 PM
no!! i understand u but not iqram
:D

Post WW1 Germany was hit by what may have been the worse case of inflation in world history.

To show success and achievment, Germany printed unlimited money. Every German citizen became millionaires, billionaires and even trillionaires. People had so much money, the money became worthless. It actually took a wheel barrow full of one trillion mark bank notes, to buy a loaf of bread. Money was so common people wall papered their houses with trillions of Marks as the bank notes were cheaper than buying wall paper.

So, it is with the rep points as we all get more rep power, the less meaningfull one rep point is. I believe that is what Brother Iqram was talking about.

abs
08-08-2007, 12:30 PM
theres a little twist in here im getting confused

abs
08-08-2007, 01:50 PM
lost wat eh

------
08-08-2007, 01:52 PM
:salamext:

Brother, basically refer to my post:

As ur reputation number increases and the time u've been on the forum increases, ur rep power will go up.
I think that should be enough :)

abs
08-08-2007, 02:15 PM
k i think thats the end of the thread

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.