PDA

View Full Version : things wrong with today's muslims



welcome_islam
08-08-2007, 04:48 PM
what do you hate in islam that muslims are doing wrong, for example

i hate when girls at my school, they wear scarf when they coming in to school, when their fathers are watching and take it off when their fathe or mothers are gone. When its home time they put their scarfs back on.. i am thinking y r u a muslims if u feel ashamed wear their scarf in front of their mates...

that really annoys me.
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
highway_trekker
08-08-2007, 05:03 PM
yes sadly...May Allaah guide them-aameen.
Reply

czgibson
08-08-2007, 05:04 PM
Greetings,
Originally Posted by welcome_islam
i hate when girls at my school, they wear scarf when they coming in to school, when their fathers are watching and take it off when their fathe or mothers are gone. When its home time they put their scarfs back on.. i am thinking y r u a muslims if u feel ashamed wear their scarf in front of their mates...

that really annoys me.
They are most likely Muslims because their parents are.

Peace
Reply

Intisar
08-08-2007, 05:19 PM
:sl:

When people call themselves 'liberal Muslims'. That really pisses me and makes no sense whatsoever to me. When the Ummah around me try and adapt to this silly Western culture and leave their religion behind is just so embarassing. :thumbs_do
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
ISLAMASWEENEY
08-08-2007, 05:27 PM
Things go wrong in every religion but hardly in Islam.
Reply

Haidar_Abbas
08-08-2007, 05:29 PM
:sl: the so called "moderate muslims" , simply either youre muslim or not. alhamdulillah islam is simple, either get aboard or dont claim to be muslim. lol try and not smash your monitors inshaAllah lol :heated: :giggling: :sl:
Reply

Intisar
08-08-2007, 05:38 PM
:w:

LOL, Brother don't tempt me (to smash my PC) -- I have serious anger issues. :p But on a serious note, I don't understand why people feel a need to fit into the Western culture. Islam is an easy religion, we are told what to do, everything is set there for us and our lives aren't filled with as much worry because we know Allah is always there for us. I honestly can't fathom why you'd want to be considered a 'moderate Muslim'. :? I don't understand these labels, somebody fill me in. There's the moderate Muslim, the fudmentalist (which doesn't sound all that bad to me actually, you're just following the fudmentals of your religion which you're only SUPPOSED to do:rollseyes), and the liberal Muslim. Ahhhh, just stop!!
Reply

czgibson
08-08-2007, 06:09 PM
Greetings,

Originally Posted by Sister-Ameena*
But on a serious note, I don't understand why people feel a need to fit into the Western culture. Islam is an easy religion, we are told what to do, everything is set there for us and our lives aren't filled with as much worry because we know Allah is always there for us.
It seems obvious from what you say that people like Western culture precisely because there is less being 'told what to do'.

I would say there is far more opportunity for free thought outside of Islamic culture. What do you think?

Peace
Reply

Intisar
08-08-2007, 06:59 PM
Hello to you too,

First, Islam is not a culture - it is a religion where cultures across the world come together. Saying things like 'Islamic culture' makes no sense. :) Anyway, there is more 'free-thought' outside of Islam, but that's the whole point of Islam. You were put on this Earth to do the things that Allah Al-mighty has ordained for us to do, and you abide by it. If you can't handle doing so, then you simply don't.
Reply

Faffy.K
08-08-2007, 07:03 PM
ermm well ther was once this debate in school.. and a sister ended up stating that shes a 'modern muslim' i dont believe thers such a thing as a 'modern muslim'.. tht just really bugged me.
Reply

welcome_islam
08-08-2007, 07:06 PM
Originally Posted by czgibson
Greetings,


They are most likely Muslims because their parents are.

Peace
they are muslims, but their parents should be the ones to tell them that they must wear scarf
Reply

welcome_islam
08-08-2007, 07:09 PM
sorry everyone but what is a 'modern muslim' and 'liberal Muslims', i am confused.
Reply

AhlaamBella
08-08-2007, 07:13 PM
Originally Posted by welcome_islam
what do you hate in islam that muslims are doing wrong, for example

i hate when girls at my school, they wear scarf when they coming in to school, when their fathers are watching and take it off when their fathe or mothers are gone. When its home time they put their scarfs back on.. i am thinking y r u a muslims if u feel ashamed wear their scarf in front of their mates...

that really annoys me.
I know loads of girls like that. SubhanAllah. Then they give me a hard time for keeping my Hijaab on :enough!:
Reply

czgibson
08-08-2007, 07:15 PM
Greetings,
Originally Posted by Sister-Ameena*
First, Islam is not a culture - it is a religion where cultures across the world come together. Saying things like 'Islamic culture' makes no sense. :)
Please don't be silly.

Anyway, there is more 'free-thought' outside of Islam, but that's the whole point of Islam. You were put on this Earth to do the things that Allah Al-mighty has ordained for us to do, and you abide by it. If you can't handle doing so, then you simply don't.
OK, perhaps I've not expressed it very clearly. I think one big reason why people of Muslim heritage are attracted to Western life is because of the freedom to think that is offered by the West. If a society is able to think freely, without having to submit to dogma, that society will make progress intellectually, scientifically, economically, technologically and in myriads of other ways too. This is so obvious it hardly needs stating.

Without freedom of thought, the progress of a society is severely retarded. Patriarchal and Scholastic Christianity were directly responsible for forcing Europe to endure the Dark Ages. Now that people in the West have largely learned to ignore the Church when it attempts to stop them from thinking, their societies have prospered in ways that the world has never seen before.

Peace
Reply

Faffy.K
08-08-2007, 07:15 PM
Originally Posted by welcome_islam
sorry everyone but what is a 'modern muslim' and 'liberal Muslims', i am confused.
well the girl tht told me she was a 'modern muslim' basically was trying to provide an excuse for her going clubbin, meeting men etc.
Reply

welcome_islam
08-08-2007, 07:15 PM
Originally Posted by DeepOcean
I know loads of girls like that. SubhanAllah. Then they give me a hard time for keeping my Hijaab on :enough!:
well ignore them.
Reply

guyabano
08-08-2007, 07:17 PM
Originally Posted by Sister-Ameena*
:w:

LOL, Brother don't tempt me (to smash my PC) -- I have serious anger issues. :p But on a serious note, I don't understand why people feel a need to fit into the Western culture. Islam is an easy religion, we are told what to do, everything is set there for us and our lives aren't filled with as much worry because we know Allah is always there for us. I honestly can't fathom why you'd want to be considered a 'moderate Muslim'. :? I don't understand these labels, somebody fill me in. There's the moderate Muslim, the fudmentalist (which doesn't sound all that bad to me actually, you're just following the fudmentals of your religion which you're only SUPPOSED to do:rollseyes), and the liberal Muslim. Ahhhh, just stop!!
That Islam is easy is only your opinion. For me, Islam is complicated and uncomprehendable.
Another difference is, that you are told what to do (your words) and I0m free to do what I want (of course according to the secular laws)
Now, who has now the better life is also everybodies opinion, isn't it ?
Reply

AhlaamBella
08-08-2007, 07:18 PM
Originally Posted by welcome_islam
well ignore them.
I do Alhamdulilah. I know they are in the wrong :)
Reply

welcome_islam
08-08-2007, 07:18 PM
Originally Posted by DeepOcean
I do Alhamdulilah. I know they are in the wrong :)
true!
Reply

welcome_islam
08-08-2007, 07:27 PM
Originally Posted by Faffy.K
well the girl tht told me she was a 'modern muslim' basically was trying to provide an excuse for her going clubbin, meeting men etc.
omg.. but that wrong she has no excuse !!!
Reply

Salaam
08-08-2007, 07:35 PM
Originally Posted by welcome_islam
what do you hate in islam that muslims are doing wrong, for example

i hate when girls at my school, they wear scarf when they coming in to school, when their fathers are watching and take it off when their fathe or mothers are gone. When its home time they put their scarfs back on.. i am thinking y r u a muslims if u feel ashamed wear their scarf in front of their mates...

that really annoys me.
i dont get how this goes with "things wrong in islam". These muslims are just not following Islam, so you cant so that islam is wrong. Islam is perfect and there can never be anything wrong with Islam...
Reply

welcome_islam
08-08-2007, 07:40 PM
Originally Posted by Salaam
i dont get how this goes with "things wrong in islam". These muslims are just not following Islam, so you cant so that islam is wrong. Islam is perfect and there can never be anything wrong with Islam...
i am sorry. your right, i'll change it.
Reply

7ai_3la_Alsalah
08-08-2007, 08:09 PM
Originally Posted by czgibson
Greetings,


They are most likely Muslims because their parents are.

Peace
That's a deviated description of the case, you might say They are most likely wearing Hijab because of their parents, but to say they are Muslims because of Parents!!!, that's a biased judge, doing sins does not take you out of Islam, unless you deny Islam commandments completely.
Reply

czgibson
08-08-2007, 08:24 PM
Greetings,
Originally Posted by 7ai_3la_Alsalah
That's a deviated description of the case, you might say They are most likely wearing Hijab because of their parents, but to say they are Muslims because of Parents!!!, that's a biased judge, doing sins does not take you out of Islam, unless you deny Islam commandments completely.
Of course they are Muslims because of their parents. Do you honestly think they've sat down and worked it all out for themselves? Don't make me laugh.

Peace
Reply

AhlaamBella
08-08-2007, 08:25 PM
Originally Posted by czgibson
Do you honestly think they've sat down and worked it all out for themselves? Don't make me laugh.

Peace
I did :)
Reply

welcome_islam
08-08-2007, 08:29 PM
does any one no how to change the tread title?
Reply

ISLAMASWEENEY
08-08-2007, 08:29 PM
You can be whatever religion you want to be and i want to be a Suni Muslim
Reply

welcome_islam
08-08-2007, 08:31 PM
Originally Posted by ISLAMASWEENEY
You can be whatever religion you want to be and i want to be a Suni Muslim
this is true.
Reply

NobleMuslimUK
08-08-2007, 08:31 PM
:sl:
It all boils down to what you value more. If you value a clean obedient life for Allah and then gain eternal reward in hereafter then your a muslim. If you wanna be driven by desires and greed and value more how to fit in and what people will accept you as then you have chosen your religion outside of Islam.

Its never too late to seek Allah's guidance and turn to Him in repentance with sincerity.
Reply

czgibson
08-08-2007, 08:31 PM
Greetings,
Originally Posted by DeepOcean
I did :)
That's wonderful. It's always good to hear of people thinking for themselves. Are you a revert from a different faith?

Peace
Reply

czgibson
08-08-2007, 08:35 PM
Greetings,
Originally Posted by NobleMuslimUK
:sl:
It all boils down to what you value more. If you value a clean obedient life for Allah and then gain eternal reward in hereafter then your a muslim. If you wanna be driven by desires and greed and value more how to fit in and what people will accept you as then you have chosen your religion outside of Islam.
Personally, I don't value either of those paths. Don't automatically assume all non-Muslims are 'driven by desires and greed and value more how to fit in and what people will accept you as'. That is a particularly intolerant and unfounded view.

Peace
Reply

NobleMuslimUK
08-08-2007, 08:38 PM
Originally Posted by czgibson
Greetings,


Personally, I don't value either of those paths. Don't automatically assume all non-Muslims are 'driven by desires and greed and value more how to fit in and what people will accept you as'. That is a particularly intolerant and unfounded view.

Peace
I was talking about the so called muslims wanna be like the desire driven, animalisticly behaved people who dont care about religion.
Reply

welcome_islam
08-08-2007, 08:40 PM
Originally Posted by welcome_islam
what do you hate in islam that muslims are doing wrong, for example

i hate when girls at my school, they wear scarf when they coming in to school, when their fathers are watching and take it off when their fathe or mothers are gone. When its home time they put their scarfs back on.. i am thinking y r u a muslims if u feel ashamed wear their scarf in front of their mates...

that really annoys me.
*(title has been changed)
Reply

ISLAMASWEENEY
08-08-2007, 08:41 PM
You shoundnt have to feel embarrased about wearing youre headscarf English kids better understand that there are other religions in the world and wake up.
Reply

welcome_islam
08-08-2007, 08:43 PM
Originally Posted by ISLAMASWEENEY
You shoundnt have to feel embarrased about wearing youre headscarf English kids better understand that there are other religions in the world and wake up.
that is true but everyone wants everyone to like them and the copy them
Reply

welcome_islam
08-08-2007, 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by ISLAMASWEENEY
You can be whatever religion you want to be and i want to be a Suni Muslim
that is true. its your choice, freedom of speech, freedom to choice what religion you want to been in.
Reply

AhlaamBella
08-08-2007, 08:47 PM
Originally Posted by czgibson
Greetings,


That's wonderful. It's always good to hear of people thinking for themselves. Are you a revert from a different faith?

Peace
Sort of. My mum reverted when I was 8. But she didn't tell me I have to be a muslim. So Iread about it myself and at 14 I was completely happy with it
Reply

welcome_islam
08-08-2007, 08:49 PM
Originally Posted by DeepOcean
Sort of. My mum reverted when I was 8. But she didn't tell me I have to be a muslim. So Iread about it myself and at 14 I was completely happy with it
marshallah!!
Reply

7ai_3la_Alsalah
08-08-2007, 08:54 PM
Originally Posted by czgibson
Greetings,


Of course they are Muslims because of their parents. Do you honestly think they've sat down and worked it all out for themselves? Don't make me laugh.

Peace
They are sinful in what they do, but they still believe that there is no God but Allah and Muhammad is his Messenger, they might be praying, Fasting and doing other Islamic commandments while they are not wearing Hijab, I cannot judge a Muslim faith from sins he do unless he deny completely the commandments of Allah.
In Islam, the sins doers are sinful and not infidels and it's a very great sin if you said about a Muslim that he is infidel while he is not.

It is narrated that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said, "When a man says to his companion 'O you Kaafir,'1 then this would be necessarily binding upon one of the two. If the man who was called a kaafir is actually one,2 then he would be a kaafir; otherwise3 whatever the caller said would return upon him."
Reply

czgibson
08-08-2007, 09:35 PM
Greetings,
Originally Posted by 7ai_3la_Alsalah
They are sinful in what they do, but they still believe that there is no God but Allah and Muhammad is his Messenger, they might be praying, Fasting and doing other Islamic commandments while they are not wearing Hijab, I cannot judge a Muslim faith from sins he do unless he deny completely the commandments of Allah.
Well, I suppose that's fair enough. Perhaps I judged them too quickly. It just seemed from the original post like they were only pretending to like wearing the hijab to please their parents.

Peace
Reply

IbnAbdulHakim
08-08-2007, 09:55 PM
can someone change the thread title to,


"things wrong wiv todays muslims?"


i really dont like the title... islam is perfect! nothin wrong wiv it..
Reply

Intisar
08-09-2007, 03:16 AM
I find it offensive to say that Muslims who do not practice their religion are only Muslim by name and because their parents are. How do you know their intentions? You shouldn't judge people, based on what they do.
Reply

czgibson
08-09-2007, 12:19 PM
Greetings,
Originally Posted by Sister-Ameena*
I find it offensive to say that Muslims who do not practice their religion are only Muslim by name and because their parents are. How do you know their intentions? You shouldn't judge people, based on what they do.
I'm sorry I have offended you, but I stand by my comments.

Peace
Reply

AhlaamBella
08-09-2007, 12:43 PM
Originally Posted by Sister-Ameena*
I find it offensive to say that Muslims who do not practice their religion are only Muslim by name and because their parents are. How do you know their intentions? You shouldn't judge people, based on what they do.
Either way, what they are doing is wrong. Your right in the sense we shouldn't judge people because we don't know what they feel inside.But these kind of people really are only muslim by name. They feel that because they have a muslim name, they don't need to strive for jannah. It's like they think they have a reserved space or something :(
Reply

Intisar
08-09-2007, 12:47 PM
:w: Sister DeepOcean, at the end of the day I really don't think it should be our place to judge because during Yomul-Qiyamah, you will be accounted only for your sins and not others. Also, this could turn into a form of backbitting which is a major sin itself.
Reply

AhlaamBella
08-09-2007, 12:51 PM
Originally Posted by Sister-Ameena*
:w: Sister DeepOcean, at the end of the day I really don't think it should be our place to judge because during Yomul-Qiyamah, you will be accounted only for your sins and not others. Also, this could turn into a form of backbitting which is a major sin itself.
Couldn't agree more sister. But nobody here is talking about anyone in particular. Also, this thread is purely discussing the actions which are wrong and are found among muslims today. Nobody is saying they are better or worse than these people.
Reply

Neelam92
08-09-2007, 12:55 PM
Originally Posted by welcome_islam
what do you hate in islam that muslims are doing wrong, for example

i hate when girls at my school, they wear scarf when they coming in to school, when their fathers are watching and take it off when their fathe or mothers are gone. When its home time they put their scarfs back on.. i am thinking y r u a muslims if u feel ashamed wear their scarf in front of their mates...

that really annoys me.
thats exactly what happens at my school too...
u see girls coming in with head scarf on walking in to the toilet and coming out with their hair open and looking like they have just dipped their head in a puffy sort of powder (basically they come out with a load of make up)
this makes me so angry
i mean they do it behind their parents back
Reply

Intisar
08-09-2007, 01:00 PM
DeepOcean, perhaps but I am just looking out for everyone. :sunny:

Neelam92, Yeah around where I used to live a lot of the girl's parents used to force them to wear the hijab and they didn't even know why they had to. They did the same thing that you mentioned, but they just didn't understand why they had to cover themselves up because nobody taught them anything. During madrassa they would memorize surahs in Arabic and they didn't even understand what they were reading -- me included. Perhaps that has to do with it.
Reply

AhlaamBella
08-09-2007, 01:02 PM
Originally Posted by Sister-Ameena*
DeepOcean, perhaps but I am just looking out for everyone. :sunny:
JazakAllah. I'm not slighting you for that. :D
Reply

Neelam92
08-09-2007, 01:08 PM
when u mix Islam with a culture it turns the most thing upside down...i think lol

like some people love their culture more than they love Islam, and thats why they want to compromise their religion for the sake of their culture!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GT3ol-iuCGU

cheack this video out, he has true words.
Reply

Faffy.K
08-09-2007, 01:12 PM
Originally Posted by Sister-Ameena*
DeepOcean, perhaps but I am just looking out for everyone. :sunny:

Neelam92, Yeah around where I used to live a lot of the girl's parents used to force them to wear the hijab and they didn't even know why they had to. They did the same thing that you mentioned, but they just didn't understand why they had to cover themselves up because nobody taught them anything. During madrassa they would memorize surahs in Arabic and they didn't even understand what they were reading -- me included. Perhaps that has to do with it.
Ye, i agree with u sis, over here aswell, in madrassas children and young adults are taught how to read quran, and although this is good in itself, the children are not taught the foundations of Islam and therefore perhaps girls don't understand why they need to cover their heads when they go 2 school and c tht ther peers don't wear a scarf, so this may intimidate them and therefore causing them to abandon the headscarf as soon as they get to school, i think 2 solve this issue, parents and maulanas should explain to the child/ young adult why they are need 2 wear the headscarf before making them wear it. :)
Salaams.
Reply

Neelam92
08-09-2007, 01:13 PM
Originally Posted by Sister-Ameena*
DeepOcean, perhaps but I am just looking out for everyone. :sunny:

Neelam92, Yeah around where I used to live a lot of the girl's parents used to force them to wear the hijab and they didn't even know why they had to. They did the same thing that you mentioned, but they just didn't understand why they had to cover themselves up because nobody taught them anything. During madrassa they would memorize surahs in Arabic and they didn't even understand what they were reading -- me included. Perhaps that has to do with it.
yeh true... but in the end its the parents fault cuz the parents havent taight the kids about Islam they have just sed to them that u have to do this and u have to do that wich is messing with the kids mind and its confusing them. and then when the kid is gonna grown she/he wouldntknow wnaything about islam and wouldnt know what to do with her/his own kid
Reply

Neelam92
08-09-2007, 01:19 PM
Originally Posted by Faffy.K
Ye, i agree with u sis, over here aswell, in madrassas children and young adults are taught how to read quran, and although this is good in itself, the children are not taught the foundations of Islam and therefore perhaps girls don't understand why they need to cover their heads when they go 2 school and c tht ther peers don't wear a scarf, so this may intimidate them and therefore causing them to abandon the headscarf as soon as they get to school, i think 2 solve this issue, parents and maulanas should explain to the child/ young adult why they are need 2 wear the headscarf before making them wear it. :)
Salaams.
yes true...parents should explain to the kids on why they need to wear the hijab and stuff so atleast they will understand why... instead of lots of questions going throught their mind wich will confuse them
Reply

Intisar
08-09-2007, 03:44 PM
I could swear to you that many of the kids in my Madrassa that finished the Quran don't even understand the meaning of what they read. I agree with you guys, it's the job of the parents to teach their children the foundations of Islam instead of force-feeding it to them and expecting them to understand with no explanation.
Reply

rozeena
08-09-2007, 04:09 PM
Originally Posted by Faffy.K
well the girl tht told me she was a 'modern muslim' basically was trying to provide an excuse for her going clubbin, meeting men etc.

she probli bit lost lol
Reply

rozeena
08-09-2007, 04:12 PM
do u fink itd be rong 2 force ur kids 2 wear headscarf as den theyd take it off wen u not there, rather then teach em n let dem put it on themselves instead of pressurising them that way their wearing it out of their own choice so they dont secretly take it off. im not sure if what im saying is rong but i use 2 c gals doing lot at scool wen i went 2
Reply

ummAbdillah
08-09-2007, 04:17 PM
:salamext:
The Hijaab is something that Allah ta'ala has made wajib of the believing woman however, its not the most important thing in Islam. There are more things that come before it, such as Salah, Zakah etc. These sisters could be ignorant about the wisdom and benefit of the Hijaab. May Allah guide us all,
Reply

Intisar
08-09-2007, 04:29 PM
LOL Rozeena, you're funny sis. :)

I don't think parents should give them a choice of wearing the hijab but they should explain why it is wajib for them to wear it. They should show them Ayahs of the Quran in which Allah states why he ordained for women to wear the hijab because therefore they will feel a need to wear it and understand why it is so important.
Reply

welcome_islam
08-09-2007, 04:55 PM
but i dont think they will listen to their parents. I no its the parents job but when they at school or not near their parents, they won't wear it. The parents cant follow them everywhere their children go. the paretns think they are wearing it,but they are not wearing it.
Reply

AhlaamBella
08-09-2007, 04:59 PM
If the parents explain these things to their children from an early age, they won't question it as they will UNDERSTAND the reasons behind them. But just lectures will confuse and annoy the child.
Reply

siFilam
08-09-2007, 04:59 PM
In The Name Of Allah, The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful

:salamext:

I think the title of the thread should be changed to “things wrong with the Muslims” instead of Islam because there is nothing wrong with Islam.

Wasalam
-SI-
Reply

welcome_islam
08-09-2007, 05:07 PM
that is true but when they grow older, they get influence by thier friends. they go in to secondary schools. they look around and say"if they are not wear scarfs, why am i " and they take it off.
Reply

welcome_islam
08-09-2007, 05:08 PM
Originally Posted by siFilam
In The Name Of Allah, The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful

:salamext:

I think the title of the thread should be changed to “things wrong with the Muslims” instead of Islam because there is nothing wrong with Islam.

Wasalam
-SI-
how do u changed it?
Reply

AhlaamBella
08-09-2007, 05:09 PM
true, but if they have had a good islamic upbringing, chances are they would fear Allah and if they aren't forced, they will welcome Islam with open arms and realise they are right and will be rewarded
Reply

jzcasejz
08-09-2007, 05:23 PM
Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
can someone change the thread title to,


"things wrong wiv todays muslims?"


i really dont like the title... islam is perfect! nothin wrong wiv it..
Snap. :thumbs_up
Reply

welcome_islam
08-09-2007, 05:27 PM
Originally Posted by jzcasejz
Snap. :thumbs_up
everyone i am sorry but i dont no how to change it, if someone nos how to change it plz plz plz tell me coz i no what i wrote is wrong and thats y i want to change it.

thanx

sorry if i offended people
Reply

jzcasejz
08-09-2007, 05:32 PM
Originally Posted by welcome_islam
everyone i am sorry but i dont no how to change it, if someone nos how to change it plz plz plz tell me coz i no what i wrote is wrong and thats y i want to change it.

thanx

sorry if i offended people
You didn't offend anyone InshaAllaah...it was only a mistake. :)

Go to the general chat section..and locate the place your thread is at...and just to the right side of the text...double click it..on the empty space after the thread title and it'll give you the chance to change it.

Wait hold up..lemme see if I can get some pics to help you.

EDIT: CLICK HERE, IT'S AN EXAMPLE WITH PICTURES TO HELP! :thumbs_up
Reply

welcome_islam
08-09-2007, 05:42 PM
Originally Posted by jzcasejz
You didn't offend anyone InshaAllaah...it was only a mistake. :)

Go to the general chat section..and locate the place your thread is at...and just to the right side of the text...double click it..on the empty space after the thread title and it'll give you the chance to change it.

Wait hold up..lemme see if I can get some pics to help you.

EDIT: CLICK HERE, IT'S AN EXAMPLE WITH PICTURES TO HELP! :thumbs_up
its not working
Reply

IbnAbdulHakim
08-09-2007, 05:47 PM
sis u didnt offend, innocent mistake dont wry bout it :)
Reply

jzcasejz
08-09-2007, 05:48 PM
Originally Posted by welcome_islam
its not working
Used to work though. :X Oh then my bad, just leave it down to the MODs then. Sorry!

EDIT: Well I guess that feature's gone, probably due to board changes.
Reply

siFilam
08-09-2007, 10:17 PM
In The Name Of Allah, The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful

:salamext:

Originally Posted by welcome_islam

sorry if i offended people
thats ok sister, you didn't offend anyone. innocent mistake.
great topic by the way.
I don't like it when some Muslims view those who devote their life working in the path of Dawah and Deen as backward and as unable to function in society. they think that the Imams won't be able to eat or earn money if they get an Islamic education instead of worldly education. I get this question so often whenever I invite others to come to our madrassa.


wasalam
-SI-
Reply

chaste
08-09-2007, 10:40 PM
it's not just girl taking headscarves off who degrade Islam, but now i see alot of girls wearing the whole nikab, burka, gloves who are degrading Islam. i think ppl r just not taking Islam seriously. :thumbs_do
Reply

Neelam92
08-10-2007, 09:27 AM
Originally Posted by DeepOcean
If the parents explain these things to their children from an early age, they won't question it as they will UNDERSTAND the reasons behind them. But just lectures will confuse and annoy the child.
exactly ... i mean its the same for me i just got told to wear the hijab but didnt get told why??? so i like wore it for about a month but then questions came to my mind about it so instead of my parents telling me i went and asked others and i went on the internt to work/figure out why muslim women wear the hijab!
so it was all fine but i do still wish that they would have explained it to me instead of me having to go and work out why
u know what im saying
so i think parents shoudlnt force the kids to wear it instead explain to them why???
Reply

IbnAbdulHakim
08-10-2007, 09:45 AM
Originally Posted by Neelam92
exactly ... i mean its the same for me i just got told to wear the hijab but didnt get told why??? so i like wore it for about a month but then questions came to my mind about it so instead of my parents telling me i went and asked others and i went on the internt to work/figure out why muslim women wear the hijab!
so it was all fine but i do still wish that they would have explained it to me instead of me having to go and work out why
u know what im saying
so i think parents shoudlnt force the kids to wear it instead explain to them why???
can i ask, just what did your parents say when they asked you to wear the hijaab?

my niece is 8, and my sister wants to condition her mind to be that of a true muslimah, so she tells her to wear the hijaab so other boys cant see her hair and then when she grows up (to about 11/12ish) my sister will explain more...



so what were you told :?
Reply

Neelam92
08-10-2007, 09:51 AM
Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
can i ask, just what did your parents say when they asked you to wear the hijaab?

my niece is 8, and my sister wants to condition her mind to be that of a true muslimah, so she tells her to wear the hijaab so other boys cant see her hair and then when she grows up (to about 11/12ish) my sister will explain more...



so what were you told :?
well i was 11 or 12 i think and i just got told by my parents to wear the hijab one night and also my parents saw other girls in my school wearing the hijab so they just sed to me to wear it tomoro so i listened to them ( cuz my dad has a heavy voice and can get angry easily) anyway and then i realised why am i wearing the hijab when i dont even know i tried asking my parents but they seem to get the time to explain to me why so i went and worked it out myself lol

so basically they just came out with it and i had friends who wear the hijab so it was okay
Reply

rozeena
08-10-2007, 09:53 AM
Originally Posted by Sister-Ameena*
LOL Rozeena, you're funny sis. :)

I don't think parents should give them a choice of wearing the hijab but they should explain why it is wajib for them to wear it. They should show them Ayahs of the Quran in which Allah states why he ordained for women to wear the hijab because therefore they will feel a need to wear it and understand why it is so important.
wat does wajib mean? it is compuslory to wear hijab? ive asked this qustion probli millions of times lol. Ive read different books etc. but different books state different fings. sum say u have to sum say u dnt as it isnt stated anywhere, but what u do have to do is wear loose clothing and lenthen ur tops etc. so bit confusing?
Reply

IbnAbdulHakim
08-10-2007, 09:53 AM
^ oh ok Alhamdulillah, at least you went searching and didnt just take it off, Alhamdulillah !
Reply

IbnAbdulHakim
08-10-2007, 09:55 AM
Originally Posted by rozeena
wat does wajib mean? it is compuslory to wear hijab? ive asked this qustion probli millions of times lol. Ive read different books etc. but different books state different fings. sum say u have to sum say u dnt as it isnt stated anywhere, but what u do have to do is wear loose clothing and lenthen ur tops etc. so bit confusing?
hijaab is fard wiv a capital F,

do something sis, when you read a book see how close it is to the way of the messenger sallallahi alaihi wasallaam and his companions.

if its close to it, then you can be a bit comfy wiv it, but if you see that its mainly using interpretation and logic and hardly any explenations from the prophet or his companions then you know its not the true islam....


i hope that made sense...
Reply

rozeena
08-10-2007, 09:58 AM
Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
^ oh ok Alhamdulillah, at least you went searching and didnt just take it off, Alhamdulillah !
but is it compulsory as many ppl have asked me, n i dont know what to say i know many muslim gals who r very good mashallah eg read all namaz, dnt do bad stuff but they dnt wear hijab. den ders sum gals who wear jilbab, hijab etc n der doing bad stuff n it makes me angry as to wts da point of wearing it den? so i dnt knw if it is compulsory as sum of dese gals r jus wearing it 2 cover der bad actions.
Reply

rozeena
08-10-2007, 10:00 AM
Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
hijaab is fard wiv a capital F,

do something sis, when you read a book see how close it is to the way of the messenger sallallahi alaihi wasallaam and his companions.

if its close to it, then you can be a bit comfy wiv it, but if you see that its mainly using interpretation and logic and hardly any explenations from the prophet or his companions then you know its not the true islam....


i hope that made sense...
thanks bro. yeh i know wat ur sayin
Reply

Neelam92
08-10-2007, 10:01 AM
Originally Posted by rozeena
but is it compulsory as many ppl have asked me, n i dont know what to say i know many muslim gals who r very good mashallah eg read all namaz, dnt do bad stuff but they dnt wear hijab. den ders sum gals who wear jilbab, hijab etc n der doing bad stuff n it makes me angry as to wts da point of wearing it den? so i dnt knw if it is compulsory as sum of dese gals r jus wearing it 2 cover der bad actions.
yeh i understand what u mean its so confusing it makes me angry to like then there r some girls who will cover their hair but then they would like to show abit of hair at the front i mean whats the point cuz like arent u meant to have all ur hair covered and not show a single hair.
its soo confusing
Reply

rozeena
08-10-2007, 10:04 AM
Originally Posted by Neelam92
yeh i understand what u mean its so confusing it makes me angry to like then there r some girls who will cover their hair but then they would like to show abit of hair at the front i mean whats the point cuz like arent u meant to have all ur hair covered and not show a single hair.
its soo confusing
yeh exactly! i saw 1 gal wearin jeans a tight short top, n den she had nikab n i was finkin wts da point of coverin ur face wen u can see evryfing else.
Reply

IbnAbdulHakim
08-10-2007, 10:06 AM
Originally Posted by rozeena
but is it compulsory as many ppl have asked me, n i dont know what to say i know many muslim gals who r very good mashallah eg read all namaz, dnt do bad stuff but they dnt wear hijab. den ders sum gals who wear jilbab, hijab etc n der doing bad stuff n it makes me angry as to wts da point of wearing it den? so i dnt knw if it is compulsory as sum of dese gals r jus wearing it 2 cover der bad actions.
yeah sis according to all four schools of thoughts wearing a headscarf, not showing any shape of the body (via the burqa , a long dress) is compulsary. But the difference is on if the hands/face/feet are allowed to be shown and when etc. Also there are leniencies,

its not very confusing sis, just talk to an imaam u trust who follows the sunnah, and im sure you'll find the right answer inshaAllah :)
Reply

Neelam92
08-10-2007, 10:06 AM
Originally Posted by rozeena
yeh exactly! i saw 1 gal wearin jeans a tight short top, n den she had nikab n i was finkin wts da point of coverin ur face wen u can see evryfing else.
lol hahaha
eh i know makes me angry u know like in the UK u see alot of those stuff...crazy...then it comes back to the position where u think if their parents even taught them about Islam
Reply

AhlaamBella
08-10-2007, 10:10 AM
Originally Posted by rozeena
yeh exactly! i saw 1 gal wearin jeans a tight short top, n den she had nikab n i was finkin wts da point of coverin ur face wen u can see evryfing else.
People don't understand that 'hijab' isn't just the triangular scarf that you wear outside. It's covering your body from certain males. I often get asked "So, you wear scarf outside?". You don't JUST wear it outside. If a non-mehram enters your house, you wear it there aswell.
Reply

IbnAbdulHakim
08-10-2007, 10:11 AM
Originally Posted by Neelam92
lol hahaha
eh i know makes me angry u know like in the UK u see alot of those stuff...crazy...then it comes back to the position where u think if their parents even taught them about Islam
cant really tell..there are parents who try teach and the kids still are bad, and then there are parents who dont teach at all but the kids turn out to be angels.


i think its more about da friends sometimes, dunno...
Reply

Neelam92
08-10-2007, 10:12 AM
Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
yeah sis according to all four schools of thoughts wearing a headscarf, not showing any shape of the body (via the burqa , a long dress) is compulsary. But the difference is on if the hands/face/feet are allowed to be shown and when etc. Also there are leniencies,

its not very confusing sis, just talk to an imaam u trust who follows the sunnah, and im sure you'll find the right answer inshaAllah :)
yeh inshAllah
but when girls do this sort of stuff it makes Islam look bad in a way
like they have banned wearing the hijab in France and in different countries i feel..thats soo bad


HIJAB=FREE
What is exactly going through ur mind?
As ur standing there staring at me?
You call me oppressed,
simply because of the way I'm dressed.
But don’t u see under the hijab that I wear I do care,
My head is not bare.
But remember I’m wearing my hijab,
And I know that makes me strong,
Even though they think its all wrong.
They don’t know it's kind of tough,
Especially when times like this comes which makes it rough.
They think that I do not have opinions or voice,
they think that being hooded isn't my choice.
I have a voice so I will be heard,
for in my heart I carry His word.
Now it’s my time to turn and say,
‘But don’t u see that I am truly free,
This piece of cloth I wear so proudly,
To preserve my dignity,
All I wanted is equality
Why can’t u just accept me for who I am?
I walk away with a smile and say,
‘I’m the one who is free’
Do you see someone limited?
Or someone free?
Reply

rozeena
08-10-2007, 10:13 AM
Originally Posted by Neelam92
lol hahaha
eh i know makes me angry u know like in the UK u see alot of those stuff...crazy...then it comes back to the position where u think if their parents even taught them about Islam
yeh u see sum funi ppl here inda uk lol. my parents have neva told me 2 wear da hijab, although they have taught me basic fings like praying namaz fasting etc n dat i shud be gud muslim. n wen i did wear it of my own choice i was finkin is dis compulsory, cus lukin around ders sum ppl who do n do bad stuff like anoda incident i remembered i went 2da gym 2days ago n saw dis lady wiv full jilbab etc, n den went outside 2 buy a drink n wen i cum bak shes standin inda alley having a fag n i was like HUH! wts hapnin here! but smoking is haram in islam isnt it cus ive seen sooo many ppl do it2
Reply

Neelam92
08-10-2007, 10:15 AM
Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
cant really tell..there are parents who try teach and the kids still are bad, and then there are parents who dont teach at all but the kids turn out to be angels.


i think its more about da friends sometimes, dunno...
acually yeh ur right it could be friends or maybe they dont want others to say sumthing in school when they wear the hijab to tell u the truth i was like that when i firstly wore the hijab to school i was all scared that people will come and say something but they didnt wich was good but i did get like strange looks like i was some sort of alien lol hehehe
but that doesnt matter in the end cuz ur doing it for Allah swt
Reply

rozeena
08-10-2007, 10:15 AM
Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
cant really tell..there are parents who try teach and the kids still are bad, and then there are parents who dont teach at all but the kids turn out to be angels.


i think its more about da friends sometimes, dunno...
definatly! Totali agree. frends play a large roll in how sum1 turns out. If ur wid da rong ppl ull be influenced inda rong way.
Reply

IbnAbdulHakim
08-10-2007, 10:19 AM
^ yeah, the prophet sallallahi alaihi wasallaam said to the effect of (when talking about friends) stick around with the perfume seller and you'll come out smelling sweet, stick around with the black smith and you'll smell of nasty smoke.

see we cant avoid the smoke, thats why we shud let go of bad friends even if we think we're strong... ive seen really amazing people dragged down due to bad friends, its sad..
Reply

Neelam92
08-10-2007, 10:21 AM
Originally Posted by rozeena
yeh u see sum funi ppl here inda uk lol. my parents have neva told me 2 wear da hijab, although they have taught me basic fings like praying namaz fasting etc n dat i shud be gud muslim. n wen i did wear it of my own choice i was finkin is dis compulsory, cus lukin around ders sum ppl who do n do bad stuff like anoda incident i remembered i went 2da gym 2days ago n saw dis lady wiv full jilbab etc, n den went outside 2 buy a drink n wen i cum bak shes standin inda alley having a fag n i was like HUH! wts hapnin here! but smoking is haram in islam isnt it cus ive seen sooo many ppl do it2
yeh i know its crazy
i hate people who smoke makes me feel sick after all i did have cancer cuz of my grand dad who is dead now he smoked i hated it errrrrrr
like in my school there r muslim girls who wear the hijab on and stuff and like at lunch go and hide in the toilets and smoke as tho their parents arent gonna find out i do sometimes want to go tell their parents but naaaa let them kill themeselves. sick
Reply

IbnAbdulHakim
08-10-2007, 10:23 AM
ok lol lets chill out a bit, people will try follow islam as much as they can, but temptations are temptations innit...

maybe that lady feels really guilty everytime she smokes but the addiction forces her too.

im jus sayin we shudnt be too quik..lol
Reply

rozeena
08-10-2007, 10:24 AM
Originally Posted by Neelam92
yeh i know its crazy
i hate people who smoke makes me feel sick after all i did have cancer cuz of my grand dad who is dead now he smoked i hated it errrrrrr
like in my school there r muslim girls who wear the hijab on and stuff and like at lunch go and hide in the toilets and smoke as tho their parents arent gonna find out i do sometimes want to go tell their parents but naaaa let them kill themeselves. sick
yeh ive experienced it myself at work tooo. n its like wats da point, although its bad if a muslim does it, bt wen sum1 wiv hijab does it its even worsa cus u knw blatanly dat der muslim so ufink wat da hell r der doing, n dat der givin a bad name.sori sis did u say u had cancer? im sori if i misunderstood
Reply

Neelam92
08-10-2007, 10:24 AM
Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
^ yeah, the prophet sallallahi alaihi wasallaam said to the effect of (when talking about friends) stick around with the perfume seller and you'll come out smelling sweet, stick around with the black smith and you'll smell of nasty smoke.

see we cant avoid the smoke, thats why we shud let go of bad friends even if we think we're strong... ive seen really amazing people dragged down due to bad friends, its sad..
yeh true bro
but sometimes makes me wonder if they even know that smoking is bad then why bother i mean its not like ur gonna get anything out of it
u even get it teachen in school these days about how bad smoking is but ppl still dont seem to care...i mean do they even have the brain
Reply

rozeena
08-10-2007, 10:25 AM
Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
ok lol lets chill out a bit, people will try follow islam as much as they can, but temptations are temptations innit...

maybe that lady feels really guilty everytime she smokes but the addiction forces her too.

im jus sayin we shudnt be too quik..lol
errm yeah probli! yeh i supose we shudnt judge ppl jus like dat we dont know wt shes going through etc. feel bad now.
Reply

Neelam92
08-10-2007, 10:26 AM
Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
ok lol lets chill out a bit, people will try follow islam as much as they can, but temptations are temptations innit...

maybe that lady feels really guilty everytime she smokes but the addiction forces her too.

im jus sayin we shudnt be too quik..lol
lol hehahaha yeh ok lets chill out for a bit
whohooooo ok im calm now lol
Reply

IbnAbdulHakim
08-10-2007, 10:27 AM
Originally Posted by Neelam92
yeh true bro
but sometimes makes me wonder if they even know that smoking is bad then why bother i mean its not like ur gonna get anything out of it
u even get it teachen in school these days about how bad smoking is but ppl still dont seem to care...i mean do they even have the brain
lol the example was sayin that no matter how good you try to be, you WILL be influenced by your friends...

ye sis smokin is bad, my uncle had 2 heart attacks before he finally quit... Alhamdulillah..
Reply

Neelam92
08-10-2007, 10:28 AM
Originally Posted by rozeena
yeh ive experienced it myself at work tooo. n its like wats da point, although its bad if a muslim does it, bt wen sum1 wiv hijab does it its even worsa cus u knw blatanly dat der muslim so ufink wat da hell r der doing, n dat der givin a bad name.sori sis did u say u had cancer? im sori if i misunderstood
yeh i had cancer sis it was leukemia (blood cancer)
Reply

rozeena
08-10-2007, 10:29 AM
Originally Posted by Neelam92
yeh i had cancer sis it was leukemia (blood cancer)
reali! r u better now?
Reply

Neelam92
08-10-2007, 10:31 AM
Originally Posted by rozeena
reali! r u better now?
yeh yeh sis ll better now alhandulila
i was diagnosed with it when i was 8 and finished treatment when i was 12 so im all fine now and now im 15 so its all good
Reply

rozeena
08-10-2007, 11:50 AM
im realy glad your better sis. i get sad when i hear ppl wid these sort of stuff :(
Reply

welcome_islam
08-10-2007, 12:29 PM
Originally Posted by chaste
it's not just girl taking headscarves off who degrade Islam, but now i see alot of girls wearing the whole nikab, burka, gloves who are degrading Islam. i think ppl r just not taking Islam seriously. :thumbs_do
thats what i think, they should.
boys in my school have girlfriends and then when its namaz time they get their hats on acting they are real muslims.

When i used to go to read quran, they teached how to read namaz, and i was reading namaz and next to me there were these girls who get talking in their namaz to each other, i was well cross, because i couldnt not read my namaz is peace.
i think that completely wrong and they are telling everyone that they are muslims.
Reply

AhlaamBella
08-10-2007, 12:31 PM
Originally Posted by welcome_islam
thats what i think, they should.
boys in my school have girlfriends and then when its namaz time they get their hats on acting they are real muslims.
At least they are praying. Some people our age don't even do that
Reply

IbnAbdulHakim
08-10-2007, 12:32 PM
i think we need to educate our brothers and sisters and let them know just how wrong these actions are...

see shaytaan is good at making sins look small...
Reply

Intisar
08-10-2007, 12:32 PM
Originally Posted by rozeena
wat does wajib mean? it is compuslory to wear hijab? ive asked this qustion probli millions of times lol. Ive read different books etc. but different books state different fings. sum say u have to sum say u dnt as it isnt stated anywhere, but what u do have to do is wear loose clothing and lenthen ur tops etc. so bit confusing?
:sl: Sis, wajib just means compulsory, Allah ordained for us in the Quran as women to wear the hijab.

“Say to believing women, that they cast down their eyes and guard their private parts, and reveal not their adornment save such as is outward; and let them drape their headcoverings over their bosoms, and not reveal their adornment” (Qur’an 24:31)



Whoever told you that it's not compulsory..errrm, you probably shouldn't seek their knowledge again lol.

As a Muslimah, you can only show your hands and face. This is for the sole purpose of protecting yourself from Zina (fornication, and sex before marriage) by making you stay chaste. By not showing parts of yourself that attract the opposite gender, you are helping them to lower their gaze and also protecting yourself.

May Allah protect all the Muslimahs around the world. Ameen.
Reply

welcome_islam
08-10-2007, 03:17 PM
Originally Posted by DeepOcean
At least they are praying. Some people our age don't even do that
yeah but they not even reading it properly, they think they are but they are not. some people laugh and during namaz and that really gets on my nerves.
Reply

welcome_islam
08-10-2007, 03:24 PM
Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
i think we need to educate our brothers and sisters and let them know just how wrong these actions are...

see shaytaan is good at making sins look small...
true but how? i dont think they are going to listen to us, if they like that.
i no, i been there, correcting their mistakes.
Reply

jzcasejz
08-10-2007, 04:27 PM
As-Salaamu'alaykum

Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
i think we need to educate our brothers and sisters and let them know just how wrong these actions are...

see shaytaan is good at making sins look small...
That's true. We know the steps they're taking are wrong...so now it's just a matter of educating them.

Originally Posted by welcome_islam
true but how? i dont think they are going to listen to us, if they like that.
i no, i been there, correcting their mistakes.
Well yeah that's true, it's gonna be wierd just going up to, say like, any random person and saying "Wear the Niqaab!". You can start off with the people you know and explaining to them that the reason behind them wearing the Hijaab is contradictory to the actions they're doing. It's just a matter of educating them and once they realise, who knows, maybe they'll change for the best. InshaAllaah. :thumbs_up
Reply

chaste
08-10-2007, 04:43 PM
i never got forced to wear the hijab none of us sisters did. it's just something that just automatically happened to me. i feel bare without my hijab
Reply

Ebtisweetsam
08-10-2007, 04:47 PM
O think this whole post should be closed.........people are just basically backstabbing other Muslims.... no one can judge one another.:threadclo
Reply

AhlaamBella
08-10-2007, 05:04 PM
umm.....the thread ain't closed sis
Reply

Ourra-Tul-'Ain
08-10-2007, 05:48 PM
Originally Posted by welcome_islam
what do you hate in islam that muslims are doing wrong, for example

i hate when girls at my school, they wear scarf when they coming in to school, when their fathers are watching and take it off when their fathe or mothers are gone. When its home time they put their scarfs back on.. i am thinking y r u a muslims if u feel ashamed wear their scarf in front of their mates...

that really annoys me.
'In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful'
sallam

I do understand what you are saying sister. But when I was younger (I’m 20 now) I never used to where the hijab. Then all of a sudden my parents was like “you have to where it!!!!” ( I was like 15)..so I rebelled against the hijab. don’t get me wrong. I totally loved my deen, even though I did not know 2 much about it…………..anyways it is no good telling your children to where the hijab, AND NOT TELL THEM THE IMPOTENSE OF IT, AND THE REASONS BEHIND IT! Because by Allah I did not understand the wisdom behind it, I think my parents was thinking I might not understand even if they tell me, or may be they did not know how to put it in words(if that makes any sense)

Inshallah parents should take there children to sister/brother circles from a young age. Alhamdullilah I have been a practising muslimah since I was 18, n I where the full hijab now. (AND MASHALLAH I WHERE IT PROUDLY)

I promise you majority of them girls are pushed to where the hijab without even an explanation of the wisdom behind it. that’s why they can not do the hijab justice.
Reply

jzcasejz
08-10-2007, 05:51 PM
As-Salaamu'alaykum

Originally Posted by Ourra-Tul-'Ain
I promise you majority of them girls are pushed to where the hijab without even an explanation of the wisdom behind it. that’s why they can not do the hijab justice.
Yes, MashaAllaah, well explained. If they knew the very reason to why it's upon them to wear it..then InshaAllaah they'll understand. It's just a matter of educating the people.

JazaakAllaah Khayr for your post.
Reply

Ourra-Tul-'Ain
08-10-2007, 06:49 PM
Originally Posted by jzcasejz
As-Salaamu'alaykum



Yes, MashaAllaah, well explained. If they knew the very reason to why it's upon them to wear it..then InshaAllaah they'll understand. It's just a matter of educating the people.

JazaakAllaah Khayr for your post.

its cool bro, just felt that i should explain on behalf of them sisters.

and inshallah, we will all learn to educate our kids regarding the deen, (then we might not have a shock when our teenager rebels against the hijab:okay: )
Reply

Neelam92
08-10-2007, 07:26 PM
Originally Posted by rozeena
im realy glad your better sis. i get sad when i hear ppl wid these sort of stuff :(
no worries sis,,,im just glad im still here cuz i wasnt supposed to live so thank Allah swt
Reply

welcome_islam
08-10-2007, 07:45 PM
Originally Posted by Ourra-Tul-'Ain
'In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful'
sallam

I do understand what you are saying sister. But when I was younger (I’m 20 now) I never used to where the hijab. Then all of a sudden my parents was like “you have to where it!!!!” ( I was like 15)..so I rebelled against the hijab. don’t get me wrong. I totally loved my deen, even though I did not know 2 much about it…………..anyways it is no good telling your children to where the hijab, AND NOT TELL THEM THE IMPOTENSE OF IT, AND THE REASONS BEHIND IT! Because by Allah I did not understand the wisdom behind it, I think my parents was thinking I might not understand even if they tell me, or may be they did not know how to put it in words(if that makes any sense)

Inshallah parents should take there children to sister/brother circles from a young age. Alhamdullilah I have been a practising muslimah since I was 18, n I where the full hijab now. (AND MASHALLAH I WHERE IT PROUDLY)

I promise you majority of them girls are pushed to where the hijab without even an explanation of the wisdom behind it. that’s why they can not do the hijab justice.

mashallah so do i, when i small i used to hate it. so my parents to me that i had to wear it at 9 when i was at home, and now i am sixteen i am used it, and i loved wearing it. my parents told me the reason why i had to wear it so that was. That is true, parents should tell their children the real reason.

i used to been picked on because i wore the hijab, but i didn't care. it was my life not their's. I think parents should tell things about islam before it too late. when they grow older they wont care and will boss thier parents about becasue they are too old to boss thier children.
Reply

Neelam92
08-10-2007, 07:50 PM
Originally Posted by welcome_islam
mashallah so do i, when i small i used to hate it. so my parents to me that i had to wear it at 9 when i was at home, and now i am sixteen i am used it, and i loved wearing it. my parents told me the reason why i had to wear it so that was. That is true, parents should tell their children the real reason.

i used to been picked on because i wore the hijab, but i didn't care. it was my life not their's. I think parents should tell things about islam before it too late. when they grow older they wont care and will boss thier parents about becasue they are too old to boss thier children.
yeh true,,,people at school used to say stuf to me but i stood up to them once and they stopped so it was cool and now they havent sed a word like some people when they see a girl with a hijab on they think that their all soft and wont say anything but they dont know so its all wierd.
i love my hijab so much
Reply

welcome_islam
08-10-2007, 07:53 PM
Originally Posted by jzcasejz
As-Salaamu'alaykum



That's true. We know the steps they're taking are wrong...so now it's just a matter of educating them.



Well yeah that's true, it's gonna be wierd just going up to, say like, any random person and saying "Wear the Niqaab!". You can start off with the people you know and explaining to them that the reason behind them wearing the Hijaab is contradictory to the actions they're doing. It's just a matter of educating them and once they realise, who knows, maybe they'll change for the best. InshaAllaah. :thumbs_up
that is true, but if your friends or classmates dont wear hijab, and if we tell them " Do you no why people wear the hijab".... they might say to us we dont care. it our choice if we want to wear or not so why are uo butting in". i no they are going to say that because i told someone that and they told me to butt out.
Reply

Neelam92
08-10-2007, 07:56 PM
Originally Posted by welcome_islam
that is true, but if your friends or classmates dont wear hijab, and if we tell them " Do you no why people wear the hijab".... they might say to us we dont care. it our choice if we want to wear or not so why are uo butting in". i no they are going to say that because i told someone that and they told me to butt out.
yeh same here thats exactly what i got told when i asked a girl why doesnt she wear the hijab after all u r a muslim
but i guess that many girls dont wear the hijab cuz they dont like to show that they r muslim
Reply

Ourra-Tul-'Ain
08-10-2007, 08:13 PM
Originally Posted by Neelam92
yeh same here thats exactly what i got told when i asked a girl why doesnt she wear the hijab after all u r a muslim
but i guess that many girls dont wear the hijab cuz they dont like to show that they r muslim
sallam sister's

trust me, saying to another sister that does not where the hijab "y don’t u where the hijab" is like soo the wrong way to go about it.

inshallah firstly discuss our lovely deen in general, the hijab subject should not be the first thing that comes out your mouth. the sister will only feel like your being patronising or something along those lines.

then maybe when you have made her feel the awe of Islam, u should mention how u maybe started praying, so it only made sense that you wear the hijab instead of taking it in a bag and wiping it out during prayer times....(well what ever your story is lol:giggling: .) hope u get my drift

sallam


lol, let me just add one more thing. What if the sister does not even pray. See u just never know, that’s why you should discuss the deen in general first, see what her reasons are and to kind of examine her understanding of the deen, so inshallah you will be able to understand her better (with out judgment, this sister could be better than you and me tomorrow. Only Allah knows)
Reply

welcome_islam
08-10-2007, 08:59 PM
Originally Posted by Neelam92
yeh true,,,people at school used to say stuf to me but i stood up to them once and they stopped so it was cool and now they havent sed a word like some people when they see a girl with a hijab on they think that their all soft and wont say anything but they dont know so its all wierd.
i love my hijab so much
same ere!! lol
Reply

welcome_islam
08-10-2007, 09:01 PM
who want me to close this tread ? if people want me to i can
Reply

welcome_islam
08-10-2007, 09:14 PM
Originally Posted by Neelam92
yeh same here thats exactly what i got told when i asked a girl why doesnt she wear the hijab after all u r a muslim
but i guess that many girls dont wear the hijab cuz they dont like to show that they r muslim
yh maybe, then how cum they fast, read quran and do other things, if they dont want to show that they r muslims then don't be one, its simple as that
Reply

...
08-10-2007, 09:19 PM
^yeh true

looks like the title has changed back again due to the forum breakdown :blind:
Reply

Humairah
08-10-2007, 09:45 PM
if you see muslims doing wrong, we should speak out and advise them or keep shut and pray for them. i don't really see what good is going to come out of hating about them on here.

no one's perfect. we all have our flaws to overcome.
Reply

barney
08-11-2007, 09:55 AM
I think we are talking about muslims who live in the west here. a Middle eastern muslim would be much less inclined to eshrew aspects of islam like the hijab.

It's Western freedom of the individual that "tempts" a lot of the ummah there in unislamic behaviour.
Reply

Ourra-Tul-'Ain
08-11-2007, 10:43 AM
Originally Posted by barney
I think we are talking about muslims who live in the west here. a Middle eastern muslim would be much less inclined to eshrew aspects of islam like the hijab.

It's Western freedom of the individual that "tempts" a lot of the ummah there in unislamic behaviour.
true true

but even if they are in the middle east only Allah knows whats in their hearts,
Reply

Neelam92
08-11-2007, 11:21 AM
Originally Posted by Ourra-Tul-'Ain
sallam sister's

trust me, saying to another sister that does not where the hijab "y don’t u where the hijab" is like soo the wrong way to go about it.

inshallah firstly discuss our lovely deen in general, the hijab subject should not be the first thing that comes out your mouth. the sister will only feel like your being patronising or something along those lines.

then maybe when you have made her feel the awe of Islam, u should mention how u maybe started praying, so it only made sense that you wear the hijab instead of taking it in a bag and wiping it out during prayer times....(well what ever your story is lol:giggling: .) hope u get my drift

sallam


lol, let me just add one more thing. What if the sister does not even pray. See u just never know, that’s why you should discuss the deen in general first, see what her reasons are and to kind of examine her understanding of the deen, so inshallah you will be able to understand her better (with out judgment, this sister could be better than you and me tomorrow. Only Allah knows)
ok yeh i understand what u mean ... yeh she is acually my friend who i sed it too and it wasnt a big problem i mean i just sed how cum u dont wear the hijab thats it and she didnt reply so i left it there...she does pray but doesnt seem to like wearing the hijab to school. thats all :?
Reply

welcome_islam
08-11-2007, 12:24 PM
parents should read namaz and teach their children, but there is a family i no that don't read namaz or read quran. they do some of the things like read quran but what example are they showing thier children
Reply

Intisar
08-11-2007, 12:26 PM
Originally Posted by Ourra-Tul-'Ain
sallam sister's

trust me, saying to another sister that does not where the hijab "y don’t u where the hijab" is like soo the wrong way to go about it.

inshallah firstly discuss our lovely deen in general, the hijab subject should not be the first thing that comes out your mouth. the sister will only feel like your being patronising or something along those lines.

then maybe when you have made her feel the awe of Islam, u should mention how u maybe started praying, so it only made sense that you wear the hijab instead of taking it in a bag and wiping it out during prayer times....(well what ever your story is lol:giggling: .) hope u get my drift

sallam


lol, let me just add one more thing. What if the sister does not even pray. See u just never know, that’s why you should discuss the deen in general first, see what her reasons are and to kind of examine her understanding of the deen, so inshallah you will be able to understand her better (with out judgment, this sister could be better than you and me tomorrow. Only Allah knows)
:thumbs_up :w:

I agree sis, I'm not sure if sister Neelam was trying to partronise her methinks she was just going the wrong way about it. If you teach people why, then they'll gain an understanding and they will most likely oblige.

Not wearing the hijab may also have to do with the fact that post-911 Islamaphobia became more present. People are just scared of what might happen to them if they wear it - you know terrorism and the whole shebang.

Allah A'lam though!
Reply

welcome_islam
08-11-2007, 12:29 PM
Originally Posted by Sister-Ameena*
:thumbs_up :w:

I agree sis, I'm not sure if sister Neelam was trying to partronise her methinks she was just going the wrong way about it. If you teach people why, then they'll gain an understanding and they will most likely oblige.

Not wearing the hijab may also have to do with the fact that post-911 Islamaphobia became more present. People are just scared of what might happen to them if they wear it - you know terrorism and the whole shebang.

Allah A'lam though!
thats true, i have not thought of that.
Reply

Neelam92
08-11-2007, 01:31 PM
Originally Posted by Sister-Ameena*
:thumbs_up :w:

I agree sis, I'm not sure if sister Neelam was trying to partronise her methinks she was just going the wrong way about it. If you teach people why, then they'll gain an understanding and they will most likely oblige.

Not wearing the hijab may also have to do with the fact that post-911 Islamaphobia became more present. People are just scared of what might happen to them if they wear it - you know terrorism and the whole shebang.

Allah A'lam though!
ok sis i understand what ur saying yeh and inshAllah i will try to explain more to my friend about the deen. inshAllah
Reply

Neelam92
08-11-2007, 01:35 PM
Originally Posted by welcome_islam
yh maybe, then how cum they fast, read quran and do other things, if they dont want to show that they r muslims then don't be one, its simple as that
ok yu have a true point...
i dunno why
Reply

AhlaamBella
08-11-2007, 01:42 PM
The Muslim youth need to be EDUCATED. youth circles etc should be available in every community. If young Muslims can spend time with other muslims they wouldn't feel so distant from their religion. Lets face it, School (maybe mixed/state), homework, non-muslim friends and influences...the list is endless. Where does an islamic environment come in??
Reply

Neelam92
08-11-2007, 01:44 PM
Originally Posted by DeepOcean
The Muslim youth need to be EDUCATED. youth circles etc should be available in every community. If young Muslims can spend time with other muslims they wouldn't feel so distant from their religion. Lets face it, School (maybe mixed/state), homework, non-muslim friends and influences...the list is endless. Where does an islamic environment come in??
yeh trit does need to be educated.
Reply

czgibson
08-11-2007, 01:48 PM
Greetings,
Originally Posted by DeepOcean
The Muslim youth need to be EDUCATED. youth circles etc should be available in every community. If young Muslims can spend time with other muslims they wouldn't feel so distant from their religion. Lets face it, School (maybe mixed/state), homework, non-muslim friends and influences...the list is endless. Where does an islamic environment come in??
Given that Islam incorporates every aspect of a believer's life, isn't it natural that Muslims will feel distant from their religion in anything other than a completely Islamic state?

Peace
Reply

Intisar
08-11-2007, 02:00 PM
Originally Posted by czgibson
Greetings,


Given that Islam incorporates every aspect of a believer's life, isn't it natural that Muslims will feel distant from their religion in anything other than a completely Islamic state?

Peace
No, it's the environment you're surrounded by. I'm not even close to being distant from Islam because my school is 70% Muslim, I have many mosques surrounding my community, my neighbourhood's Muslim population is around the same percentile as my school. I actually feel more closer to my religion. Seeing the Ummah practice and at peace makes you feel more proud of your religion and makes you a better Muslim. You don't have to necessarily live in Da'rul Islam ( a Muslim country) to feel that way. :)

:peace:
Reply

Neelam92
08-11-2007, 02:04 PM
Originally Posted by Sister-Ameena*
No, it's the environment you're surrounded by. I'm not even close to being distant from Islam because my school is 70% Muslim, I have many mosques surrounding my community, my neighbourhood's Muslim population is around the same percentile as my school. I actually feel more closer to my religion. Seeing the Ummah practice and at peace makes you feel more proud of your religion and makes you a better Muslim. You don't have to necessarily live in Da'rul Islam ( a Muslim country) to feel that way. :)

:peace:
ohhhh sis thats good, u know it is nice to be around Islam
my school is probably about 45% muslim
Reply

czgibson
08-11-2007, 02:22 PM
Greetings,
Originally Posted by Sister-Ameena*
No, it's the environment you're surrounded by. I'm not even close to being distant from Islam because my school is 70% Muslim, I have many mosques surrounding my community, my neighbourhood's Muslim population is around the same percentile as my school. I actually feel more closer to my religion. Seeing the Ummah practice and at peace makes you feel more proud of your religion and makes you a better Muslim. You don't have to necessarily live in Da'rul Islam ( a Muslim country) to feel that way. :)

:peace:
I suppose I worded my question too strongly. What I meant was 'distant to a certain extent', but from what you say in your post the answer seems to be no.

I'm glad you're happy with the place you're living - that really is good to hear. Canada is often regarded as a tolerant country. I'd love to go there one day. :)

Peace
Reply

Intisar
08-11-2007, 03:13 PM
czgibson,

Yeah Canadians are known to be very tolerant and nice people, same with the US. But the fact that Canada hasn't been attacked has a lot to do with it, Americans have to be on guard all the time.

:peace:
Reply

AhlaamBella
08-11-2007, 04:45 PM
Well here in the UK there are many communities that are full of Muslims. But my area is full of asians...not necessarily muslims if that makes sense. Your hard pushed to find something for young muslims to do
Reply

leader
08-11-2007, 05:41 PM
in my area there is onli our family the muslims-asians
Reply

chaste
08-11-2007, 07:04 PM
Originally Posted by DeepOcean
Well here in the UK there are many communities that are full of Muslims. But my area is full of asians...not necessarily muslims if that makes sense. Your hard pushed to find something for young muslims to do
that is so true. london has so many muslims especially asians but not 'necessarily muslims' :rollseyes
Reply

welcome_islam
08-11-2007, 08:26 PM
Originally Posted by DeepOcean
Well here in the UK there are many communities that are full of Muslims. But my area is full of asians...not necessarily muslims if that makes sense. Your hard pushed to find something for young muslims to do
my area is full of muslims,
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-08-2015, 08:19 AM
  2. Replies: 38
    Last Post: 04-12-2011, 02:03 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-07-2011, 05:30 AM
  4. Replies: 155
    Last Post: 11-26-2010, 06:06 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-23-2005, 02:54 PM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!