/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Mastering Arabic

AhlaamBella
08-11-2007, 01:00 PM
:sl:

I bought this book called Mastering arabic by Jane wightwick and mahmoud gaafar. I just wondered whether there was a better book...or if this is ok for me or not. I'v studied arabic before a GCSE level but I fell really behind and I just want to make a fresh start on my arabic studies InshAallah. So any book/course suggestions would be great, it needs to be something I can study at home.

JazakAllah in advance

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
asadxyz
08-11-2007, 06:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DeepOcean

I bought this book called Mastering arabic by Jane wightwick and mahmoud gaafar. I just wondered whether there was a better book...or if this is ok for me or not. I'v studied arabic before a GCSE level but I fell really behind and I just want to make a fresh start on my arabic studies InshAallah. So any book/course suggestions would be great, it needs to be something I can study at home.

JazakAllah in advance

These are the best books to learn arabic.spoken as well as classcal.
http://www.fatwa-online.com/downloads/dow002/index.htm

AhlaamBella
08-11-2007, 07:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by asadxyz
JazakAllah Khayr I'll check them out InshAllah

MustafaMc
08-11-2007, 08:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by asadxyz
May Allah reward you. I have been trying to learn Arabic as well.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
jzcasejz
08-13-2007, 01:01 PM
As-Salaamu'alaykum

The best books for you would be 'The Madinah Arabic' books, which are available at the link asadxyz gave. They're the most common books used to learn Arabic and arguably the best.

However you would require a teacher to teach you the books as it's almost near impossible to learn the books without a teacher.

You can get some audios to master book one of the 'Madinah Arabic' course here: http://www.esnips.com/web/ArabicClassesAudioFiles

^ The book and the audios are on that link for free.

backbencher
08-16-2007, 05:37 AM
Marhaba. Think I've got one of the Gafar books, or have used copies from it. Al Kitab fi Taalum Al Arabia should be good; I have the preceeding book, Alif Baa w/ DVD's, which is excellent.

Woodrow
08-16-2007, 01:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by backbencher
Marhaba. Think I've got one of the Gafar books, or have used copies from it. Al Kitab fi Taalum Al Arabia should be good; I have the preceeding book, Alif Baa w/ DVD's, which is excellent.
Alif Baa w/DVDs is an excellent choice. But I would place it on an intermediate level and can be difficult for absolute beginners.

My favorite beginners choice for absolute beginners is:

"Arabic made easy" by Mouncef Saheb-Ettaba and Caroline Squire Saheb-Ettaba.

It is an old book first published in 1959. I still have my old 1959 copy and even to this day still refer back to it. It is now a difficult book to find and can be expensive. There are newer updated expanded versions of it. But, in my opinion the 1959 version is still the best, even tho there are some printing errors in it.

Khaldun
08-16-2007, 04:27 PM

The Madeenah books focus heavily on the grammar side of arabic, if your interested in learning how to speak in a more practical way I would advice you try "Al Arabia Bain Yadaik - Arabic Between Your Hands" http://www.noorart.com/s.nl/sc.8/category.772/.f

AAMINAH
08-23-2007, 11:51 AM
wow nice sites im also trying to learn arabic jazakAllah Kheir

jzcasejz
08-23-2007, 01:22 PM
As-Salaamu'alaykum

This is only a suggestion lol. I've heard that THIS BOOK was somewhat good for self-study. It is abit expensive but I guess it'll be worth buying. And an added bonus is that the tapes cost another £20-30 - but instead you can get them on the internet for free!

And another thing is that the Mastering Arabic book seems to be more of a book where you review the concepts of the language rather than a book where you learn the language from scratch. So it'll be good to start of with learning the language again and then the Mastering Arabic book will make much more sense then InshaAllaah. I dunno, whatever works best.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.