/* */

PDA

View Full Version : ‘Salam 100’ to promote Muslim dialogue with world

Uthman
08-12-2007, 01:25 PM
AMMAN: Jordan has formed a committee of 100 Muslim scholars to address through dialogue “critical issues” affecting Muslims around the world, a statement said on Saturday.

The committee, called “Salam (peace) 100”, aims to “enable peaceful debate and discussion, using the power of ideas as a means of calming conflict and finding a resolution to problems of the gravest importance.” The statement said controversies such as the 2005 Danish cartoons of the Prophet Mohammed (PBUH), have “exposed the lack of intellectual leadership” in the Muslim world. This “must be addressed with the utmost urgency to prevent further rifts in human understanding. The committee proposes to conquer immediate and future fears and misapprehensions, which are so easily exploited by extremists of every kind.” The committee is headed by the uncle of King Abdullah II, former crown prince Hassan. It groups Muslim figures from around the world, including the director general of the Islamic Organization of Education, Science and Culture, Abdulaziz Othman Altwaijri, and former Yemeni prime ministers Abdul Karim al-Eryani and Haider Abu Bakr al-Attas.

It pledged to promote “a rational and equitable understanding of hearts and minds”. “We actively seek to address core disputes of international concern, to assuage anger, and to prevent unacceptable provocations”, the statement said. In 2004, Jordan launched an initiative known as the “Amman Message” in a bid to encourage fellow Muslims to reject extremism and embrace tolerance and acceptance.

Source

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
czgibson
08-14-2007, 01:00 PM
Greetings,

It sounds like a good idea - good luck to them.

Peace

Slamdunk
08-14-2007, 01:17 PM
[QUOTE=Osman;807547]AMMAN: Jordan has formed a committee of 100 Muslim scholars to address through dialogue “critical issues” affecting Muslims around the world, a statement said on Saturday.

It pledged to promote “a rational and equitable understanding of hearts and minds”. “We actively seek to address core disputes of international concern, to assuage anger, and to prevent unacceptable provocations”, the statement said. In 2004, Jordan launched an initiative known as the “Amman Message” in a bid to encourage fellow Muslims to reject extremism and embrace tolerance and acceptance.

Hello Osman. I'm just wondering if muslims tolerate Christians sharing with their children that Jesus loves them, died for their sins and rose from the dead.

Peace

The_Prince
08-14-2007, 02:48 PM
[QUOTE=Slamdunk;808906]
format_quote Originally Posted by Osman
AMMAN: Jordan has formed a committee of 100 Muslim scholars to address through dialogue “critical issues” affecting Muslims around the world, a statement said on Saturday.

Hello Osman. I'm just wondering if muslims tolerate Christians sharing with their children that Jesus loves them, died for their sins and rose from the dead.

Peace
your twisting what this comitee is doing, they are not going around preaching Islam, they are going around to refute mis-conceptions about the great Islamic faith. they have been forced to act due to mainly christian lies and propaganda being propagated against Islam in the west, hence they have made this group to respond to allegations being thrown against Islam so it is completly different than being a missionary to go and share christian beliefs with our kids.

and seondly, why would you want to scare my kids telling them an innocent man died for them? why would you want to tell my kids that the Father sent his Son to die for us, do you want to scare my kids? i bet you anything my kid will look at me saying daddy are you going to send me to die for you with a very scared face! sorry buddy but keep this doctrine of death and killing of an innocent man to yourself, no need to scare our kids telling them its the blood that saves you! whats up with that?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
The_Prince
08-14-2007, 02:55 PM
hmm i also found this comment to be rather strange:

so your gonna tell our kids that Jesus died for their sins? erm lol kids sin?!!!!! no no keep this to yourself plz dont share this with my kids what are you trying to do make them crazy? you wanna tell them an innocent man died for them, then u wanna tell them the father sent the son, then you wanna tell the kid hes a bad person with sins, and then you want to make the child feel guilty telling him JESUS DIED FOR YOU! FOR YOUR SIN! its your fault you stupid kid!!!!!!!!! thats how he will look at it! this is child abuse at its worst!

czgibson
08-14-2007, 03:23 PM
Greetings,
format_quote Originally Posted by The_Prince
so your gonna tell our kids that Jesus died for their sins? erm lol kids sin?!!!!! no no keep this to yourself plz dont share this with my kids what are you trying to do make them crazy? you wanna tell them an innocent man died for them, then u wanna tell them the father sent the son, then you wanna tell the kid hes a bad person with sins, and then you want to make the child feel guilty telling him JESUS DIED FOR YOU! FOR YOUR SIN! its your fault you stupid kid!!!!!!!!! thats how he will look at it! this is child abuse at its worst!
Although the words you've quoted are ambiguous, I think the poster meant

Christians sharing with their children that Jesus loves them, died for their sins and rose from the dead

rather than Christians telling that to Muslim children.

I could be wrong, but that's the way I read it.

Peace

Uthman
08-14-2007, 03:30 PM
Hello Slamdunk,

format_quote Originally Posted by Slamdunk

Sharing with whose children? Their own children? Or the children of the Muslims?

:)

Regards

Cognescenti
08-14-2007, 03:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by The_Prince
....... why would you want to tell my kids that the Father sent his Son to die for us, do you want to scare my kids? i bet you anything my kid will look at me saying daddy are you going to send me to die for you with a very scared face!.....
Like this you mean?

Ah..never mind.

IbnAbdulHakim
08-14-2007, 03:59 PM
mashaAllah this sounds good, may Allah make this successful

The_Prince
08-14-2007, 05:12 PM
well if he was refering to christian kids then his question is useless since theres no muslim country that says christians cant teach christianity to their kids! muslims dont spy on ur homes, its not allowed, its the christian west which is doing that on muslims though..........

Slamdunk
08-14-2007, 09:25 PM
[QUOTE=The_Prince;808964]

and seondly, why would you want to scare my kids telling them an innocent man died for them? why would you want to tell my kids that the Father sent his Son to die for us, do you want to scare my kids? i bet you anything my kid will look at me saying daddy are you going to send me to die for you with a very scared face! sorry buddy but keep this doctrine of death and killing of an innocent man to yourself, no need to scare our kids telling them its the blood that saves you! whats up with that?
Hello Prince. What's up with the blood? Good question. The Israelite priests were required by God to sprinkle blood of lambs on the mercy seat as atonement for their sins.

Before God judged Pharoah's people with the death of their first born in Egypt, he said to the Israelites, "When I see the blood sprinkled on your door posts I will PASSOVER you." (Exo. 12:13) That is, none of the first born of the Israelites would die. Blood was the protection from judgment.

Today, when God sees that a person has trusted in the shed blood of Christ for the remission of his sins, he will "passover" him. That is, judgment can never come upon him because his sins have been taken away to be remembered no more by God. Blood protects from judgment.

The New Covenant, of which the old testament spoke (Jer. 31:31-34), was in the blood of Christ:

"This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is shed for you." (Luke 22:20)

Jesus is the "Lamb of God" who takes away your sin (John 1:29)

Without the shedding of blood there is no remission of sin. (Heb. 9:22)

It is your protection from the eternal consequences of your sins.

That's what's up with the blood. I hope you and your family will apply the shed blood of Christ to your heart by faith.

Peace

wilberhum
08-14-2007, 10:06 PM
It seams to me that Slamdunk was asking about tollorance.
I think The_Prince made his position quite clear.

But meanwhile, back on topic. :-[

I truly hope the dialogue will produce positive results.

Slamdunk
08-14-2007, 10:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Osman
Hello Slamdunk,

Sharing with whose children? Their own children? Or the children of the Muslims?

:)

Regards
Hello Osman. Sorry, sharing with muslim children. I doubt muslims would object to Christians sharing with their own.

What would you say if your child came back and told you that he believed Christ died for his sins and received him as his Savior?

Peace

wilberhum
08-14-2007, 10:27 PM
Hello Osman. Sorry, sharing with muslim children. I doubt muslims would object to Christians sharing with their own.

What would you say if your child came back and told you that he believed Christ died for his sins and received him as his Savior?

Peace
Why not start a new thread instead of hijacking this one?

snakelegs
08-14-2007, 10:41 PM
you are using this thread to promote your religion.:raging:
i am not a muslim, but i wouldn't tolerate a christian missionary telling my kids such stuff.

Slamdunk
08-14-2007, 11:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum
Why not start a new thread instead of hijacking this one?
Sorry, didn't intend to. Maybe I will start a new thread.

Uthman
08-15-2007, 10:25 AM
Greetings Slamdunk,

Sorry, sharing with muslim children.
No apology needed. :)

I would tell him that this is not what we, as Muslims, believe. As far as I am aware, the Islamic position is that Muslims must learn fully about their own faith before learning about others. For that reason, I don't believe that Muslims would tolerate Christians sharing these things with their children. That said, I can only really speak for myself.

Regards :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.