/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Marry the Quran first!

afriend
08-12-2007, 11:08 PM
:sl:

I thought I'd share something my Quran teacher (May Allah reward him) said, which was just awesome.

A friend [I'm gonna call him Hussain] was sitting with my teacher after salah in the mosque, so after a while Hussain's cousin came to greet the Sheikh as well, and suggested that Hussain should get married.

He replied: He should marry the Quran first, once it is in his heart then he can get married.

I found that so awesome, I don't think I'd be able to forget that...SubhanAllah!

:cry:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Intisar
08-13-2007, 10:30 AM
:w: Really good advice bro especially for those youngsters out there who don't understand the enormity of marriage. May Allah reward him. :)

czgibson
08-13-2007, 12:44 PM
Greetings,
format_quote Originally Posted by Sister-Ameena*
:w: Really good advice bro especially for those youngsters out there who don't understand the enormity of marriage. May Allah reward him. :)
I think you mean the huge importance of marriage, or something like that. 'Enormity' means 'monstrous horror'.

Peace

Intisar
08-13-2007, 01:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
Greetings,

I think you mean the huge importance of marriage, or something like that. 'Enormity' means 'monstrous horror'.

Peace
Nope, I meant enormity. :)

3. greatness of size, scope, extent, or influence; immensity.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
czgibson
08-13-2007, 01:29 PM
Greetings,

format_quote Originally Posted by Sister-Ameena*
Nope, I meant enormity.

3. greatness of size, scope, extent, or influence; immensity.
That is only included because people have mistakenly used 'enormity' simply to indicate size in the past.

Read on:

format_quote Originally Posted by dictionary.com
Usage Note: Enormity is frequently used to refer simply to the property of being great in size or extent, but many would prefer that enormousness (or a synonym such as immensity) be used for this general sense and that enormity be limited to situations that demand a negative moral judgment, as in 'Not until the war ended and journalists were able to enter Cambodia did the world really become aware of the enormity of Pol Pot's oppression.' Fifty-nine percent of the Usage Panel rejects the use of enormity as a synonym for immensity in the sentence 'At that point the engineers sat down to design an entirely new viaduct, apparently undaunted by the enormity of their task.' This distinction between enormity and enormousness has not always existed historically, but nowadays many observe it. Writers who ignore the distinction, as in the enormity of the President's election victory or the enormity of her inheritance, may find that their words have cast unintended aspersions or evoked unexpected laughter.
Trust me on this one!

Peace

Uthman
08-13-2007, 01:40 PM

Great advice! :)

Sister Ameena, I don't think Mr Gibson had any malicious intentions in correcting your grammatical mistake.

He is an English teacher, after all, so it must make him cringe to see such trivial mistakes being made!

:w:

Pk_#2
08-13-2007, 03:22 PM
:D Nice thread Sir Iqram.

At first it was confoosing, wait it still is abit ..

Ppl i think we being a lil too harsh on Mr.Gibson.

^..sTr!vEr..^
08-13-2007, 06:58 PM
excellent!! mashAllah n soo true!

jzcasejz
08-16-2007, 06:27 PM
As-Salaamu'alaykum

Cool thread man. Very true! :thumbs_up

Soulja Girl
08-16-2007, 08:27 PM
Yes, totally right.

As someone said before, you need to get your priorities right. ;)

Kittygyal
08-16-2007, 08:45 PM

Ya Allaah forgive us all :cry: .

syilla
01-04-2008, 07:46 AM
:salamext:

reviving a thread...so that we remember.

adeeb
01-04-2008, 07:52 AM
marry the quran first...i absolutely agree...

hope i can marry the quran first before marry a girl...insha Allah...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.