Make a resolve to win the maximum favour of Allah: perform extra voluntary prayers (Nawaafil), make frequent Du'a and increase remembrance (Dhikr).
· Try to recite some Quran after every Prayer. In fact if you read 3-4 pages after every Prayer you can easily finish the entire Quran in Ramadan! Study the Quranic Tafseer (commentary) every morning.
· Invite a person you are not very close with to your home for Iftar, at least once a week. You will notice the blessings in your relationships!
· Bring life to your family! Everyday, try to conclude the fast with your family and spend some quality time together to understand each other better.
· Give gifts on 'Eid to at least 5 people: 2 to your family members, 2 to your good friends, and 1 to a person whom you love purely for the sake of Allah.
· Commit to an Islamic study circle to enhance your Islamic knowledge and practice. Plan to complete reading a book on Prophet Muhammad’s life in these 30 days.
· Donate generously to the masajid, Islamic organizations, and any where people are in need. "This is a month of sharing!"
· Initiate a project to promote or revive a ‘forgotten’ social cause in the Muslim and non-Muslim community: fight against racism, AIDS, drugs, cancer, smoking…etc.
· Did you know, our society, which constitutes only 20% of world’s population, actually consumes 80% of world’s resources! Volunteer at food bank or Anti-Poverty campaign, while fasting!
· Seek the rare and oft-neglected rewards of 'the night better than a 1000 months', Laylatul-Qadr.
· Weep in private for the forgiveness of your sins: It is the month of forgiveness and Allah's Mercy! It's never too late.
· Learn to control your tongue and lower your gaze. Remember the Prophet's warning that lying, backbiting, and a lustful gaze all violate the fast! Abandon foul language forever.
· Encourage others to enjoin and love goodness, and to abandon everything evil. Play the role of a Da'ee (one who invites to Allah) with passion and sympathy.
· Experience the joy of Tahajjud prayers late at night and devote yourself purely and fully to Allah in the I'tikaf retreat during the last 10 days of Ramadan.