/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I'm reporting my Objection

Makky
08-18-2007, 09:37 AM
:sl:
just a Question!
Is there a policy here in renting the uppen banner for advertisment? or we agree to make ads for everyone who wants to pay ?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
snakelegs
08-18-2007, 09:48 AM
we have a new owner. see here: (explains the advertising)
http://www.islamicboard.com/news-ann...anagement.html

Makky
08-18-2007, 09:52 AM
OK... then i'm reporting my objection to the advertising policy !

Kittygyal
08-18-2007, 04:20 PM
^ LOL

i think there rubbish seriously x-specially the marriage one

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
fatima_01
08-18-2007, 10:32 PM
totally agree kittygyal the marriage one annoys me the most but then again alot of ppl actually use them sites:p

miqu
08-18-2007, 10:34 PM
wow, i thought the islamic marriage is part of the islamicboard network sites.

Makky
08-18-2007, 10:44 PM
I forgot to make a poll!

if someone can make it

the Question : Do you agree with the marriage ads

and choices would be :

1-no 2-no

miqu
08-18-2007, 10:46 PM
what's wrong with the marriage ads?

snakelegs
08-18-2007, 10:52 PM
i realise that many are offended by the marriage ads.
but - it could be even worse.
also, forums cost money. if it was a choice of running ads or closing the forum, what would you say?
you can ignore the ads - no one is forcing you to click on them.
just my opinion.

-S-
08-18-2007, 11:13 PM
Salams

Yeh if people dont want like em they dont click it..

we will allow banners as long as its not un-islamic or anythign

regarding marraige sites - some people use it..infact quite a lot ..nothing wrong with that esp people who cannot find spouses a lot of muslim resort to finding spouses online

they are also helping to fund the websites since cost for running this forum exceeds over $155 per month part of the revenue generated from ads helps funds the site

i wont put anything else that promote haraam or anything

that green banner its gonna be here for a month whther the company decides to extend after that then im not sure

the other one has been paid for a year

Woodrow
08-18-2007, 11:24 PM
Having had several websites of my own I can attest to the fact, they are expensive to maintain and about the only way to keep one is to depend on advertisers.

Do not condemn the advertisers, they help keep the doors open.

My sites closed because I could not find advertisers. We should thank Bro.-S- for his ability to find advertisers, that in itself is a hard job.

I doubt if Bro -S- wants to discuss the costs of operating the forum. We are fortunate he has found ways to do it and we need to trust his judgment. We all need to support his efforts and decisions to keep the forum open.

Sit back, relax and stop worrying so much.

miqu
08-18-2007, 11:28 PM
to be honest, i dont understand why does the marriage ads offend someone ?

syilla
08-18-2007, 11:36 PM
well...because of what we usually hear (bad stuffs) about the marriage agency.

Sometimes they show the pictures of a lady to the public, sometimes the intention of the man is not sincere, sometimes they encourage dating which is haram in islam.

miqu
08-18-2007, 11:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla

Sometimes they show the pictures of a lady to the public, sometimes the intention of the man is not sincere, sometimes they encourage dating which is haram in islam.
oh so thats it. I never really understand this kind of website (marrriage) before. Syukron

Yanal
08-18-2007, 11:48 PM
Totally right no offense to the new owner i think that banner is like dating online and isn't that haram i think he should remove it just my opinion:D

Makky
08-19-2007, 03:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by -S-
Salams

we will allow banners as long as its not un-islamic or anythign
my objection isn't to the idea of marriage sites itself but because they are mostly showing uncovered women for example the pic in the homepage of that green banner

regarding marraige sites - some people use it..infact quite a lot ..nothing wrong with that esp people who cannot find spouses a lot of muslim resort to finding spouses online
nothing wrong with them if the follow islamic rules and if the put policies to prvent Fitnah.

they are also helping to fund the websites since cost for running this forum exceeds over $155 per month part of the revenue generated from ads helps funds the site
this doesn't count.. if its halal then its halal.. do it whateven...if its haram then there is no difference between you and those who say (purpose justify implements whatever they are )

i wont put anything else that promote haraam or anything
is it Halal to see this girl with that guy in that 1/2 screen scene in that green website's homepage?!?

Makky
08-19-2007, 03:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla

jazaki allahu khairan , that what i'm talking about

Makky
08-19-2007, 03:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by miqu
to be honest, i dont understand why does the marriage ads offend someone ?
compare between a site like that : www.nasebak.com which is sponsored by a shiek and those sites i'm talking about...

you will find out!

Kittygyal
08-19-2007, 01:11 PM
Why not just take the marriage one off?

It's like your advertising someone else marriage site on an islamic forum which so does not go togther. The point being about a marriage site on an ''islamic'' site is odd because i thought in islam dating online is forbidden and seeing other gahr mehram is not allowed either in islam. If i got that wrong then my 3limah must be mistaken somewhere!

Subhan'Allaah, im not moaning and groaning but me coming on an islamic site which has marriage advertisment puts me off.

Please kindly remove it. Why not advertise something better? Like Qura'an Or some other islamic site?

Btw im sure there is an place were one cana dvertise there website so why right at the front of the page?? thats just movin ppl away from this site?

Marma Mia.

Thanks for readin! Hope u do sumet.

n im sowiee if i sed anyfin bad, du dua for me ISA

Kittygyal
08-19-2007, 08:11 PM
ha?!

mujahideenryder
08-20-2007, 05:00 PM
Asalaamu Alaikum

Why do you guys advertise Muslim Matrimonial sites? Aren't they all just like any other non-Muslim matrimonial sites? What is the Islamic ruling on them?

JazakAllah khair.

Ma'salaama,
MR

Kittygyal
08-20-2007, 05:02 PM
:sl:

what about marriage sites? Uhm

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.