:sl:
ths is really interesting

Fatwa one:
for english speakers: http://islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=32...y%20in%20pants
for arabic speakers: http://islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=32...y%20in%20pants

fatwa two:
for english speakers: http://islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=46529&ln=eng
for arabic speakers: http://islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=46529&ln=ara

the link which is part of fatwa one dosn't seem to work, but it is the same link i have given for the second fatwa.

ENJOY!!!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AmarFaisal
09-22-2007, 06:10 PM
It is interesting. I hope u can post this in the sisters section just so we may discuss it

Ummu Sufyaan
09-23-2007, 06:22 AM
im unable to sis. i dont have access.
:sunny:

AmarFaisal
09-23-2007, 03:39 PM
Then u should get permission to have one..or we can just wait for it!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Intisar
09-23-2007, 05:21 PM
:sl: Jazkallah kheyran yaa ukhtee. I read those links, the first one had a lot of dispute as to whether women had to cover their feet and hands whilst praying and insha'allah from now I will pray with my feet covered just to be on the safe side. :) As to the ruling on wearing tight clothes whilst praying, would you really want to face your Lord like that? Law hawla wa la quwata ila bila.

Ummu Sufyaan
09-24-2007, 03:47 AM
As to the ruling on wearing tight clothes whilst praying, would you really want to face your Lord like that? Law hawla wa la quwata ila bila.
sis, i dont know what you mean by this, but the reason i posted this fatwa was because i thought that a women was not a llowed to pray in pants, and similar clothes. so i was really happy to find out and thought i would share it with others.
thats where i'll leave it for now, inshallah.

Malaikah
09-24-2007, 11:52 AM

Wow. So the majority of scholars said the prayer was valid if tight clothes is worn? :uuh:

But I don't understand- are they saying that the prayer is valid but the act is sinful, or not?

That is so new to me.

AvarAllahNoor
09-24-2007, 12:00 PM
It's common sense isn't it not to wear provocative clothing, not just when praying, but in everyday life. It goes for both male and females. Modesty should be practised all times.

Muhammad
09-24-2007, 01:03 PM

From the second link:

But that does not mean that people are encouraged to pray in tight clothes, rather they should not wear tight clothes or pray in them, because that is contrary to the adornment that we are enjoined to wear when praying. Rather the issue here is whether the prayer is valid or not.

Shaykh Saalih al-Fawzaan has issued a fatwa stating that if a woman prays in tight clothes that show the shape of her ‘awrah, her prayer is valid, although she is sinning by wearing these clothes.

------
09-24-2007, 01:06 PM
:salamext:

Good pointing out Muhammad bhai.

Noor 13
11-24-2007, 11:19 AM
I think it is permissable for a woman to wear pants and thight cloths and so on when she is at home and prays(this is how I understand the fatwa). I think it is gernerally known that we shouldn't wear these kind of cothes when we are outside our homes. As for me I am always wearing my prayer clothes when I am home jut to be on the safe side.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.