/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Warning to brothers and Sisters

Ghira
08-19-2007, 09:33 PM
This is to remind you and myself this one thing that I came across at the masjid. There was a brother in the masjid who led the prayer and recited Sura al-A'la (SabH ismi rabikil A'la) . Unfortunately, the brother made major mistakes in his recitation and when corrected he skipped the ayah and went on. It was not that he could not pronounce it was just wrong. I was like ok?? Now, that is not my warning/reminder for us all. The brother is trying to memorize sura Baqarah now. See what is wrong. I say please let us recite properly the chapters especially (Juz 'Amma) then memorize more advanced surah like al-baqarah. Allahu 'alim. I would say suratal a'la is beginners tajweed. This was not a tajweed problem. I can give example but I think you all understand.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.