:sl:

brother

is any corner for jihad in this forum

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umm Yoosuf
08-20-2007, 07:34 PM
:wasalamex

No there isn't. And I doubt there will be such a section :)

jawwad
08-21-2007, 04:57 AM

But my brothers and sisters jihad is Also Fard as Namaz, Zakawat, hajj and Roza so why we frightend it. I think if we are true muslims we no dinay this. We are brave we only frightend with Allah not Amreica and other men kind.

Wasalam

north_malaysian
08-21-2007, 06:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by jawwad

But my brothers and sisters jihad is Also Fard as Namaz, Zakawat, hajj and Roza so why we frightend it. I think if we are true muslims we no dinay this. We are brave we only frightend with Allah not Amreica and other men kind.

Wasalam
For Malaysian Muslims there is only 5 pillars of Islam, namely - shahada, salah, zakah, sawm and hajj... jihad is not included.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ibn Al Aqwa
08-26-2007, 09:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
For Malaysian Muslims there is only 5 pillars of Islam, namely - shahada, salah, zakah, sawm and hajj... jihad is not included.

However it is still fard, when it comes to defending.

It was orderd in the Quraan in the same manner as fasting....

qutibbaaa alaikum as siyaam

qutibbaaa alaikum al qitaal

jzcasejz
08-26-2007, 09:24 PM
As-Salaamu'alaykum

Bro you might be able to find a few articles and audios on Jihaad but there's not a whole section dedicated to Jihaad here.

format_quote Originally Posted by -Ibn Adam-
It was orderd in the Quraan in the same manner as fasting....

JazaakAllaah Khayr for mentioning that Bro. :thumbs_up

IbnAbdulHakim
08-26-2007, 09:39 PM

PRESCRIBED FOR YOU IS THE FASTING (as a doctor prescribes medecine for it is better for you as it relinquishes your soul and cleans up your body)

PRESCRIBED FOR YOU IS FIGHTING (and Allah knows it is good for you, though you may detest it, if you research you will find that fighting strengthens your nafs, wallahi i kno it will help my emaan so much... if i do it fillah wiv correct intentions...)

Woodrow
08-26-2007, 09:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by jawwad

Wasalam
Just some thoughts.

What is the purpose of Jihad? Is not the purpose to protect Islam from the enemies of Islam? Is not the desired goal to remove and eliminate the enemies of Islam?

Who are the enemies of Islam? Are they not those who fear Islam and seek to destroy it?

What is the most effective weapon for destroying the enemies of Islam? Is it the sword, guns, bullets, bombs? Is it truth, wisdom and the ability to turn enemies into allies and brothers? It takes much less courage to fight an enemy to the death, than to face the enemy and in spite of harm to yourself, stand there and win him over to the truth of Islam. Are we afraid to face people with words. Do we fear that we can not stand up to our enemies and overcome them with our faith? Do we have so little Imaan that we believe bullets and bombs are stronger? Do we fear to stand up for the truth and turn and attack because we are not strong enough to defend Islam with our Imaan?

Yes, we are called to Jihad and we are called to defend Islam, We are called to face death without fear. A wise fighter chooses the best weapon available. Wisdom, courage and faith are the strongest weapons possible. We need not fear to use them and we must use them with wisdom and Justice.

We do have the strength to win jihad through the use of truth and we must not fear truth and be able to use it instead of relying on flimsy, ineffective weapons of destruction. To build and honestly spread Islam is our sword of today and we must have enough Imaan to not fear using it.

A coward can fight with a gun or a sword. It takes courage and much Imaan to be able to face an enemy and conquer his heart, without the use of a weapon.

Yes, we must stand up and fight the jihad. But we must do so bravely and not be cowards hiding behind weapons.

ahsan28
08-26-2007, 10:32 PM
The term jihad is being widely misunderstood today and taken as fighting only. On the contrary the term qitaal has been used in Holy quran for fighting and that too for defensive mode only as pointed out by someone above.

Personally I don't recommend a section for jihad cz of the gross misunderstandings on the subject.

jzcasejz
08-27-2007, 05:58 AM
As-Salaamu'alaykum

Brother Woodrow: Yes Taqwa, 'Ilm, Eemaan and Tawakkul are all weapons that can be used as Jihaad. This though, would mainly be tools used for the Da'wah type Jihaad. Da'wah can be understood as a form of Jihaad and Jihaad has many types.

But yet that does not mean weaponry is not associated with Jihaad. Jihaad is of many types and the physical Jihaad is something different from the Da'wah Jihaad which is why the distinction between the two should be set and understood. Jihaad is a broad concept consisting of a few branches and every single branch of Jihaad is part of Islaam (as long as it's upon the Manhaj of the Prophet Muhammad [SAW]).

ahsan28
08-27-2007, 06:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by jzcasejz
As-Salaamu'alaykum

But yet that does not mean weaponry is not associated with Jihaad. Jihaad is of many types and the physical Jihaad is something different from the Da'wah Jihaad which is why the distinction between the two should be set and understood.

Brother with due respect, we have to very sure of, when we use the word Jihad. Today resistance and sectarian movements are also being considered as jihad. These topics are bound to lead towards controversies as we have varied opinions from esteemed scholars on the subject.

jzcasejz
08-27-2007, 06:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ahsan28
Brother with due respect, we have to very sure of, when we use the word Jihad. Today resistance and sectarian movements are also being considered as jihad. These topics are bound to lead towards controversies as we have varied opinions from esteemed scholars on the subject.
I understand but I had edited my post before so InshaAllah it'd make more sense now. What I meant is that Jihaad upon the methodology of the Prophet, upon the true understanding...my post had nothing to do with sects or whatever as many claim to be part of "Jihaad". Any time I mention Jihaad, I mean Jihaad upon the correct methodology. Please do understand that.

The main point of my post was that Jihaad has alot of forms (i.e. Jihaad un-Nafs, Jihaad ush-Shaytaan etc.) and that the difference between each one should be realised. It is not limited to a single branch, but rather has alot of branches and neither branch should be belittled in any regard. I wasn't calling for Jihaad or even simply trying to have an argument over it..my intention was to just make the point that it is not only limited to Da'wah or fighting against one's desires but has many forms and the differences between them should be realised. Hope that makes sense Bro.

Anyways, the thread starter got his initial answer and this'll probably lead to more confusion so..this thread's done and over with I guess. Apologies for any trouble or confusion.

snakelegs
08-27-2007, 08:08 AM
just when things were going fine, along has to come a kaffir!
there are ways to fight for and defend islam that are not limited to qitaal. woodrow has mentioned some.
here are some i can think of:
go to a muslim country where there is a high rate of illiteracy and teach people how to read.
become a doctor and help those muslims who suffer and die for lack of money for medical care.
become a lawyer and defend muslims against false charges.
study islam and help teach others who often don't really know what islam is all about.
i'm sure there are many others too, if you use your imagination. i know qitaal is prescribed under certain conditions, but just wanted to point out that there are other ways to fight for and defend islam.
i will shut up now. i promise.
:hiding:

IbnAbdulHakim
08-27-2007, 09:42 AM
brother woodrow assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

of course truth, honesty, faith is all required to perform jihaad-un-nafs, which is extremely important. but courage, bravery, KNOWLEDGE (because you cant just stupidly go risking your life!!!) is required to perform jihaad fi-sabilillah...

Md Mashud
08-27-2007, 09:47 AM
What kind of jihad do you mean jawwad? Like war/fighting or otherwise?

Ibn Al Aqwa
08-27-2007, 10:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
PRESCRIBED FOR YOU IS THE FASTING (as a doctor prescribes medecine for it is better for you as it relinquishes your soul and cleans up your body)

PRESCRIBED FOR YOU IS FIGHTING (and Allah knows it is good for you, though you may detest it, if you research you will find that fighting strengthens your nafs, wallahi i kno it will help my emaan so much... if i do it fillah wiv correct intentions...)
yh i forgot the translation...thanks

format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Just some thoughts.

What is the purpose of Jihad? Is not the purpose to protect Islam from the enemies of Islam? Is not the desired goal to remove and eliminate the enemies of Islam?

Who are the enemies of Islam? Are they not those who fear Islam and seek to destroy it?

What is the most effective weapon for destroying the enemies of Islam? Is it the sword, guns, bullets, bombs? Is it truth, wisdom and the ability to turn enemies into allies and brothers? It takes much less courage to fight an enemy to the death, than to face the enemy and in spite of harm to yourself, stand there and win him over to the truth of Islam. Are we afraid to face people with words. Do we fear that we can not stand up to our enemies and overcome them with our faith? Do we have so little Imaan that we believe bullets and bombs are stronger? Do we fear to stand up for the truth and turn and attack because we are not strong enough to defend Islam with our Imaan?

Yes, we are called to Jihad and we are called to defend Islam, We are called to face death without fear. A wise fighter chooses the best weapon available. Wisdom, courage and faith are the strongest weapons possible. We need not fear to use them and we must use them with wisdom and Justice.

We do have the strength to win jihad through the use of truth and we must not fear truth and be able to use it instead of relying on flimsy, ineffective weapons of destruction. To build and honestly spread Islam is our sword of today and we must have enough Imaan to not fear using it.

A coward can fight with a gun or a sword. It takes courage and much Imaan to be able to face an enemy and conquer his heart, without the use of a weapon.

Yes, we must stand up and fight the jihad. But we must do so bravely and not be cowards hiding behind weapons.

Wa alaikum salaam

You see bro, them are wise words, but the thing is, in this day and age, thats not going to work.

The kaffir these days are humiliating the muslim lands.

We have our brothers being tortured, sisters being raped, we cannot simply go to the kaffir, and show them our strength in Emaan. What would that do?

If we simply showed our strength in Imaan, it would have no effect no the kaffir. It is now cowardice to use weapons. In many ways that shows bravery.

You see in the time of rasulallah (SAW), as well as showing their Emaan, they showed their physical strength too, that is how Islam spread so widely. If it wasnt for Jihaad fi sabeelillah, most likely, we would not be sitting here as muslims.

So you are right to say, we should use our faith, but that does not mean, we shouldnt fight, does it? If we dont fight, we will be humiliated as the hadeeth states.

Md Mashud
08-27-2007, 10:51 AM
yh i forgot the translation...thanks

Wa alaikum salaam

You see bro, them are wise words, but the thing is, in this day and age, thats not going to work.

We have our brothers being tortured, sisters being raped, we cannot simply go to the kaffir, and show them our strength in Emaan. What would that do?

If we simply showed our strength in Imaan, it would have no effect no the kaffir. It is now cowardice to use weapons. In many ways that shows bravery.

You see in the time of rasulallah (SAW), as well as showing their Emaan, they showed their physical strength too, that is how Islam spread so widely. If it wasnt for Jihaad fi sabeelillah, most likely, we would not be sitting here as muslims.

So you are right to say, we should use our faith, but that does not mean, we shouldnt fight, does it? If we dont fight, we will be humiliated as the hadeeth states.
I will tell you now, do not blame the kufar for the worldly problems. Blame yourself, and muslims. You talk about that all this stuff is happening around the world to muslims. Did it occur to you why? Do you think muslims around the world are behaving how they should or even practicing Islam how it is meant? Ofcourse not, and you know when you disobey Allah, you will be punished. If all muslims were, as Woodrow explained, the Kafirs could NEVER make us down. Muslims are the ones which let down the UMMAH, its not the kafirs for your information.

People who excessivly promote physicaly jihad, when they fail to practice the daily jihad that you need to strive at to follow Islam - it is crazy. It is dangerous for you to enter the battlefield with low imaan - Without strong imaan your intentions will not be pure and without pure intention you can easily enter the hellfire beleiving you are doing good.

Ibn Al Aqwa
08-27-2007, 10:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Md Mashud
I will tell you now, do not blame the kufar for the worldly problems. Blame yourself, and muslims. You talk about that all this stuff is happening around the world to muslims. Did it occur to you why?

Of course bro, this is the point, WE neglect our duty :(

Md Mashud
08-27-2007, 10:57 AM
We have muslims fighting and murdering muslim brothers and sisters - Do you think we deserve victory at the moment as a whole? Muslims can't get along with muslims so how will they defend the religion from outsiders? Crazy...The state of Islam today is deeply saddening - and should not be compared to the time of our prophet :saw:...

Ibn Al Aqwa
08-27-2007, 10:57 AM
People who excessivly promote physicaly jihad, when they fail to practice the daily jihad that you need to strive at to follow Islam - it is crazy. It is dangerous for you to enter the battlefield with low imaan - Without strong imaan your intentions will not be pure and without pure intention you can easily enter the hellfire beleiving you are doing good.
Yes, bro, another good point.

One of the first to enter hell is the person who fought, but not in the way of Allah

And this is the hadith that Shaytaan uses to try and put people off from doing Jihaad fisabeelillah :(

Ibn Al Aqwa
08-27-2007, 11:00 AM
We have muslims fighting and murdering muslim brothers and sisters - Do you think we deserve victory at the moment as a whole? Muslims can't get along with muslims so how will they defend the religion from outsiders? Crazy...The state of Islam today is deeply saddening - and should not be compared to the time of our prophet :saw:...
I never compared it to the time of rasullah SAW, i used it as an example...

And this is as i said, if we neglect Jihaad, we will be humilated as stated in the hadith

It is no use talking about it brother,

Actions speak louder than words.

Md Mashud
08-27-2007, 11:06 AM
It is important to take all hadiths into context when making statements - because nothing I said is neglecting Jihad, nor what Woodrow said... I think this discussion is worth talking about because today, too many are misguided and are taught to hate, hate those around - I have witnessed people of such manner and it is not the Muslim way. Extremism in Islam, is created in such a way, such things weaken Islam. To not fully understand Islamic duty and Jihad, you may misguide others. It is no bedtime story that there really are people who have twisted ideology of the current World and Ummah - which they subsequently affect others in following there wrong ways. Everything im saying is so people understand how Islamic people should act. Physical jihad is last resort - and we have yet to reach last resort seeing as the Ummah doesn't even practice its religion properly.

Ibn Al Aqwa
08-27-2007, 11:24 AM
Physical jihad is last resort
I think it is best not to make sweeping statements, brother.

We are not here to decide what action should be taken first.

Allah knows best...

Maybe it would be better if this thread was closed.....

Woodrow
08-27-2007, 12:04 PM

Wa alaikum salaam

In the past when you had a visible enemy and you knew for certain that was the enemy and you knew for certain that was the person who was out to destroy you. It would not work. In todays world it is the only means that will work.

Except the problem is the true enemies are not in, nor even near the Muslim lands.

If we simply showed our strength in Imaan, it would have no effect no the kaffir.
In the nations where Islam is growing and the Kuffar are accepting Islam, are the nations in which the Ummah is showing the strongest Imaan and the least physical fighting. In the areas where the fiercest fighting is taking place, there are very few people reverting. People do not revert from fear of dieing or by being impressed by shows of strength. They revert by being shown the truth. having spent more that just a few years as a combat souldiers, I have no fear of a man with guns or bombs. They can only make me angry and give me a self justification to shot them. the enemy I fear is the one who is capable of controlling peoples minds, and is not seen.

It is now cowardice to use weapons. In many ways that shows bravery.
Bravery is a very subjective term. to a young man it is the taking up of arms and facing an enemy face to face and showing no fear in battle. But, after one matures and learns that the true enemy can not be reached with weapons and that it is necessary to walk into their den and face them unarmed and stand up and prove the truth rather then destroy, the hiding behind weapons becomes cowardly.

True and that was the most powerful and most effective means of fighting at that time. today their are more and stronger enemies. The proper weapons need to be used and physical weapons are no longer effective. to effectively fight one must first identify the enemy. The enemy is not always obvious. The war with weapons has become mechanical and is no longer true war, is is mechanical killing out of perceived hatred. It does not conquer, it does not protect and it does not change attitudes. It is simply self destruction under the pretext of fighting.
So you are right to say, we should use our faith, but that does not mean, we shouldnt fight, does it?
It is even more important for us to fight. But, in order to fight effectively we need to learn what is the most effective means. we need to learn who the actual enemy is and we need to learn how to change the enemy instead of wasting our time and efforts on fighting false battles that benefits only the enemy.

If we dont fight, we will be humiliated as the hadeeth states.
true, but if we fight in the wrong manner we humiliate ourselves more than any enemy ever could. we need to forget the old ways of fighting and learn how to use wisdom and truth as our weapons. we can kill an enemy with weapons, but we can not destroy them. That method in todays world, works against us and becomes a means of self destruction and causes us to believe we are our own protectore, we forget that Allah(swt) is the one to turn to for protection.

Md Mashud
08-27-2007, 12:20 PM
think it is best not to make sweeping statements
Are you implying that, IF there was a way to resolve problems without resorting to killing people that we should not exaust those actions first? That wouldn't be right would it... Brother today muslims have so many things to fix, it is trivial to think that picking up a sword and slashing would solve are problems today. Our problem lies in our imaan. Really its not such a complex matter as you are making it out to be.

Woodrow
08-27-2007, 01:01 PM
As with all things, our words are our opinions. we each have separate opinions. Our opinions are based upon what we see and what we are told. the advantage of sharing opinions is we can see what works for others and it gives us a view to see other ways if our methods are not bringing about the desired result.

My views are based upon what i see and hear, here in Austin Texas and what I read of about other areas.

I am very impressed with the way Islam spread in Indonesia. Although the Muslims were not originally welcomed. Their presence soon became known and spread. a long time back Indonesia would have been considered an enemy of Islam. but, truth prevailed and as a result Indonesia has become the world's largest Muslim nation. No physical wars were fought to defend Islam. But, the Jihad was won with the weapons of truth, wisdom and Imaan.

Similar things have happened and are happening in Malaysia.

Here in the USA Islam may be disliked in some sections, but in the areas were Muslims fight the detractors by showing their Imaan and using wisdom and truth as our weapons. We are winning. Islam is very much tolerated and new reverts are a daily occurrence. this never would have happened if the Muslims here had chosen to defend Islam with weapons. In the areas of the greatest growth and the winning of Islam, the weapons used are Peace, tolerance, truth, wisdom and Imaan.

Now, I look at the nations that are using weapons to defend Islam.

Palestine
Iraq
Chechnya
Afghanistan

I do not doubt the bravery and the sincerity of the fighters. but, look at the results.The children are growing up in nations that can no longer afford proper schools, poverty is epidemic, the best and the bravest potential leaders are dieing and being killed at an astonishing rate, there is much fighting among brothers and sisters, unity is falling apart. Sadly, there is no end in sight. Tomorrows generation is facing even worse conditions. there are no reverts being made in those areas, Islam is not growing in those countries, it is at best stagnant and shrinking as people die. This makes me believe the war is being fought with the wrong weapons. Yes, it is a war and the people are trying to defend Islam, but the weapons they are using are backfiring and resulting in self destruction. The people become more angry. an angry solder is a very poor fighter, as he looses the ability to think and succumbs to depending on the protection of animal strength instead of the protection of Allah(swt).

jawwad
08-28-2007, 07:31 AM

Jihad fi Sabilillah or Qital fi sabilillah

Skywalker
08-28-2007, 08:02 AM

Just to remind everyone, there are over 20,000 nuclear weapons in the world -- 96% of them are in the possesion of the US and Russia, and the last time I checked, neither of those countries are very Muslim-friendly.

So when it comes down to pure physical strength, you can't possibly expect to win against those odds. But, what you can do is win their hearts and minds. This is Islam. Show them the beauty of it instead of constant fighting and violence.

I'm not saying don't defend yourself if you're attacked, no, this is your duty, but just don't go out picking fights. In the Qur'an it says that we are supposed to dislike fighting, that's the natural response, but in some cases we have to do it for the sake of the Ummah.

IbnAbdulHakim
08-28-2007, 09:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skywalker

So when it comes down to pure physical strength, you can't possibly expect to win against those odds.
Allah can cause those nukes to fail or even turn against them in the wink of an eye... have yaqeen my brother..

ahsan28
08-28-2007, 09:44 AM
See, we haven't even started a forum for jihad and so much differences and varied opinions. What happens, when we go for it :D

Md Mashud
08-28-2007, 12:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
Allah can cause those nukes to fail or even turn against them in the wink of an eye... have yaqeen my brother..
Yes Allah can, but not human Physical strength ;)

jzcasejz
08-28-2007, 03:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ahsan28
See, we haven't even started a forum for jihad and so much differences and varied opinions. What happens, when we go for it :D
Well in all fairness, this thread should've been closed years back. It went from "Do we have a Jihaad section?" to "How can this Ummah's problems be resolved?". Of course you're going to to find different opinions as the type of thread this has turned to almost resembles the types of threads you'll find in World Affairs section...and we all know what happens there...

Ibn Al Aqwa
08-28-2007, 03:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skywalker

So when it comes down to pure physical strength, you can't possibly expect to win against those odds.
Yh thats not the problem brother. As it says in the hadith, if the whole of mankind went to harm the son of Adam (a.s), they would not be able to without the permission of Allah

This has never been the problem. Lack in true Imaan, in my opinion is where the problem lies. Like bro Woodrow said, this is all just different peoples opinion

north_malaysian
08-30-2007, 03:13 AM
I think the jihad to end poverty and illiteracy among Muslims is better than killing people...

Woodrow
08-30-2007, 03:24 AM
I think the jihad to end poverty and illiteracy among Muslims is better than killing people...
Ameen. Very wise

ahsan28
08-30-2007, 04:39 AM
That would auto lead towards technological development, we are lacking at the moment.

noorahmad
08-30-2007, 07:13 PM
Assalam walaikum

I think that we cannot judge the people fighting in Iraq, Checheny, Afghanistan, Palestine, etc, we are living in luxury, we are just sitting in front of our computer, reading articles and watching tv about what's happening to our brothers and sisters all around the world, they are the one losing their lands, watching their sisters and mothers being raped and stripped searched, they are the one being tortured. Just search rape in Iraq on you tube and watch all these videos.
I made an error above, i said their sisters, but they are also our sisters, what we will you do, if tomorrow some guy rape your sister or your mother, but aren't these women our sisters in Islam???
It may be true that physical fighting is not the best way to destroy our enemy, but its fard over any of us to defend our land and our family, so i don't see what's wrong with our brothers doing so.
And one of you was talking about the enemy, but i would like to remark one thing, it may be that Iran is Shiite and does not recognize Sunnis as an authority, but Iran is not acquiring any nuclear weapons, and they threatening to attack it, it was the same with Iraq, Saddam had weapons of mass destruction, where are the weapons??? No matter how you act, they will never like Islam, it was predicted in the Quran.

btw, if jihad is fard over us, then we it is also fard to be psychologically and physically prepared for it.

Muhammad
08-30-2007, 08:30 PM

Jazakallahu khayr for the suggestion regarding a forum for Jihad. Undoubtedly, this is a vital aspect of our religion and deserves much attention. Yet we must also be aware that to speak of such issues must be based upon correct knowledge and sound understanding. Many people are quick to offer their views on Jihad, yet have little understanding of even the basics of Islam.

If in the future we feel it is appropriate to add such a forum, we will do so Insha'Allaah. This thread can now be closed as it has gone off-topic.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.