/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions to get relief from stress.I am marketing head of a FMCG company and over

Kristi.amy
08-21-2007, 09:26 AM
I am marketing head of a FMCG company and over a few weeks I am feeling dizziness, anxiety, and a dreadful sense of doom. After a recent fight at work with Boss over a marketing campaign the situation become severe. Stress is destroying my life. I don’t know what to do. Please suggest.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
chand
08-21-2007, 07:40 PM
The key to successful stress management is to keep a mild, healthy degree of stress in your life, in intermittent amounts. Each person has a unique response to stress, so experiment with techniques that help bring you back into balance, and learn what works best for you.

Visualize yourself in a tranquil place.

Gain control of your breathing .

Repeat a helpful quote or word.

Get away from the noise .
Use your imagination .

Use good scents .

Laugh.

Cry.

http://www.fi.edu/brain/relieve.htm

Youll find some other tips if youve got time to go on the above link

جوري
08-21-2007, 09:25 PM
when you get the dizzy spells with the sense of doom, get a paper bag and breathe into it for a good minute or so... then try not to breathe more than 12-16 breaths a minute maximum using your abdominal muscles... you may also wash your face with cold water or place cold water on the carotids, or do a squat.....hyperventillating can cause this alkalotic lethargy, dizziness plus those sorts of supraventricular tachyarrhythmia that exacerbate the feelings of impending doom!

peace!

IbnAbdulHakim
08-21-2007, 09:33 PM
May Allah grant you Jannah ! For it is far more worth it then anything this dunya can offer you .

Media Tags are no longer supported

Today, upon a bus,
I saw a girl with golden hair.
And wished I was as fair.
When suddenly she rose to leave,
I saw her hobble down the aisle.
She had one leg and wore a crutch.
But as she passed, she smiled.
Oh God, forgive me when I whine.
I have two legs the world is mine.

With feet to take me where I `d go.
With eyes to see the sunset's glow.
With ears to hear what I'd know.
I have blessed indeed, the world is mine.

I stopped to buy some candy.
The lad who sold it had such charm.
I talked with him, he seemed so glad.
If I were late, it `d do no harm.
And as I left, he said to me,
"I thank you, you've been so kind.
You see," he said, "I `m blind"
I have two eyes the world is mine.

I have blessed indeed, the world is mine.

I saw a child with eyes of blue.
He stood and watched the others play.
He did not know what to do.
I stopped a moment and then I said,
"Why don't you join the others, dear?"
He looked ahead without a word.
And then I knew. He couldn't hear.
I have two ears the world is mine.

I have blessed indeed, the world is mine (more)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Pk_#2
08-21-2007, 09:35 PM
She is not Muslim. @ bhai

Get well soon sis :)

IbnAbdulHakim
08-21-2007, 09:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umma Wasat
She is not Muslim. @ bhai

Get well soon sis :)
LOL !

that sister icon is quite deceiving :ooh:

hindu sister, you can still benefit from the videos God willing, may God guide you and take away your troubles.

stress accumulates from too much thinking and worrying right? when u have Allah behind your back (or close enuff to be next to ur jugular veins :D), why worry :D

Woodrow
08-21-2007, 09:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kristi.amy
I am marketing head of a FMCG company and over a few weeks I am feeling dizziness, anxiety, and a dreadful sense of doom. After a recent fight at work with Boss over a marketing campaign the situation become severe. Stress is destroying my life. I don’t know what to do. Please suggest.
:w:

As difficult as it may be to face, look at the possibility that maybe you are better suited for another type job.

Stress is often the result of forcing ourselves to stay in a situation that is counter productive. It may give us immediate financial rewards, but those will be short term.

Perhaps this is your opportunity to begin searching for a job you can find more rewards in even if the immediate financial benefits are less.

We are all designed to excell in some area, sometimes the area we are best suited for does not seem to be the most rewarding, but the long term effects will produce the best results and the greatest Peace of Mind.

Woodrow
08-21-2007, 09:46 PM
I should have added that marketing can be highly stressful as a person is often forced to compromise their beliefs, in order to sell a product. Sometimes they don't believe in the product and sometimes they don't believe effective marketing techniques are honest. To be effective and long term in marketing it is necessary to stand by your own integrity and be willing not to sacrifice it to sell a product, even if it means needing to change careers or jobs.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.