/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is it permissible to fast on Saturday?

Umm Yoosuf
08-23-2007, 01:57 AM
:salamext:

I know there is some issue over fasting on saturday other than the fard i.e one cannot fast any of the optional fasts on this day.

Can someone link me to what the 'Ulimah say about this.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Yanal
08-23-2007, 02:03 AM
Whats so bad or good about saturday

MinAhlilHadeeth
08-23-2007, 02:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Mu'minah

I know there is some issue over fasting on saturday other than the fard i.e one cannot fast any of the optional fasts on this day.

Can someone link me to what the 'Ulimah say about this.
:wasalamex

I don't know about Saturday, but here is a fatwa on fasting on Fridays:

http://www.islamicboard.com/fasting-...g-fridays.html

Is that what you mean?

seeker_of_ilm
08-23-2007, 02:06 AM
:sl:

http://islamqa.com/index.php?ref=816...#37;20saturday
http://islamqa.com/index.php?ref=961...ast%20saturday

This is what I found on the subject.

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Yanal
08-23-2007, 02:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Muwahhidah
:wasalamex

I don't know about Saturday, but here is a fatwa on fasting on Fridays:

http://www.islamicboard.com/fasting-...g-fridays.html

Is that what you mean?
no i mean like on ramadhan why won't you fast on saturday

Na7lah
08-23-2007, 02:12 AM
:sl:

i dont think Ramadhan is included in this
cuz u have 2 fast if u r able to All da days
Ma'salamah

Umm Yoosuf
08-23-2007, 02:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by seeker_of_ilm

Ah! That is what I was looking for more or less Jazakallahu Khayr.

Pk_#2
08-29-2007, 06:13 PM
So it's mkrh coz jews sngld out d dy..

nd we nt meno imitate dm..

i fowt we nt menno imitate any1 ova den d ppl of d book

jews r d ppl of de bk inay

*cnfsed*

Peace.

- Qatada -
09-10-2007, 03:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umma Wasat
So it's mkrh coz jews sngld out d dy..

nd we nt meno imitate dm..

i fowt we nt menno imitate any1 ova den d ppl of d book

jews r d ppl of de bk inay

*cnfsed*

Peace.

Ibn Hajr said, 'Bukhârî and Muslim record that he, sallAllâhu `alayhi wa sallam, would let his hair hang freely, as did the People of the Book, and the polytheists would part their hair. He liked to follow the practice of the People of the Book in those matters for which no command had come to him.

Then, after this, the Messenger of Allâh, sallAllâhu `alayhi wa sallam, would part his hair. It is permissible to let the hair hang freely or part it, but parting is better as this is what he, sallAllâhu `alayhi wa sallam, did at the end.'

http://www.islamicboard.com/prophet-...b-tirmidh.html

The Prophet (peace be upon him) in the early period used to oppose the polytheists (mushrikeen) in the way they dress, etc. And he would imitate the people of the Book in the areas where there wasn't any specific revelation. However, after the people of the book opposed him, and their disbelief and enmity became clear, it showed that they were true disbelievers also. Because the muslims had become a strength and authority of their own, they had their own identity.

Now if you look at many ahadith, you see that the Messenger of Allaah (sal Allaahu alayhi waSalam) tells us to differ from the mushrikeen (polytheists), aswell as the people of the Book, since they too are disbelievers unless they accept Allaah's final Messenger.

If you see Surah Al Fatiha, we pray to Allaah that we do not be of those who earn Allaah's anger (the jews), or be of those who go astray (christians.) And we pray to Allaah to be of those who are rightly guided. And we have our own identity.

Allah asserted that the two paths He described here are both misguided when He repeated the negation `not'. These two paths are the paths of the Christians and Jews, a fact that the believer should beware of so that he avoids them. The path of the believers is knowledge of the truth and abiding by it. In comparison, the Jews abandoned practicing the religion, while the Christians lost the true knowledge. This is why `anger' descended upon the Jews, while being described as `led astray' is more appropriate of the Christians. Those who know, but avoid implementing the truth, deserve the anger, unlike those who are ignorant. The Christians want to seek the true knowledge, but are unable to find it because they did not seek it from its proper resources.
Allaah knows best.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.