/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Raising the hands in Du'aa after the 5 daily Prayers

MinAhlilHadeeth
08-23-2007, 02:39 AM
Raising the hands in Du'aa after the 5 daily Prayers

Question:

Raising the hands in duaa (supplication) after the 5 prayers – is the raising of them established from the Prophet sal Allaahu alaiyhi wa sallam or not? And if it is not established, then is it permissible to raise them after the 5 prayers or not?

Answer:

It is not established from the Prophet (sal Allaahu alaiyhi wa sallam) as far as we know that he raised his hands in duaa after the salaam in the obligatory prayers – and to raise them after the salaam in the obligatory prayer is in opposition to the Sunnah.

And with Allaah is the tawfeeq. And may peace and blessings be upon our Prophet Muhammad and his family and his Companions.

Permanent Committee for Research and Verdicts
Shaykh `Abdul-`Azeez Bin Baz
Shaykh `Abdullah bin Ghudayaan
Shaykh `Abdullaah bin Qu`ood
Shaykh `Abdur-Razzaaq al-`Afeefee
Question 4 from fatwa 5565 104 volume 7 Fataawa of the Permanent Committee
Translated by Abu Abdir Rahmaan ibn Najam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Na7lah
08-23-2007, 02:42 AM
hmm i've seen alot of people doing that

May Allah Guide us All
thnks sis :D

zarhad
08-23-2007, 03:27 AM
Ive seen people simple put there hands on there top leg palms up well sitting cross legged and people raising there hands in front of there face...is the other way in correct?

Ghira
08-23-2007, 08:22 AM
Make sure you emphasize that Prophet (saw) did raise his hands when he supplicated but NOT after Every obligatory Salaah. One time he raised his hands so high towards the sky that the companions could see his pit of his underarm. It was during troubling times and he wanted victory to come soon. I can look up hadith if you like. Yes, after every salaah raising the hands is bidaa but why do people have to completely abandon it...that is NOT SUNNAH. There is a hadith that says:

“Allah is nobly reserved and generous. He feels shy from a servant who raises to Him his two hands to turn them away empty.” [Sunan al-Trimidhî and Musnad Ahmad with an authentic chain of transmission]

Allah knows best.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
unknown_JJ
08-23-2007, 08:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ghira
Yes, after every salaah raising the hands is bidaa .
realy :s .. wot exactly u mean by raising hand...?(making dua)? :s sorry im confused

chacha_jalebi
08-23-2007, 09:49 AM
salaam

as long as its not made a habit of den its fine like once a while, bcos afta salaah you feel good and close to Allah (swt) so obviously you'll praise him and make dua :D

but but afta salah,we know that Prophet (sal Allah hu aleyhi wasalam) usd to say astaghfirullah 3 times and den the other duas
and obviously ppl aint gna put there hands up and say astaghfirullah.so afta d salah we sud do wot it say in sunnah+ then we can pray for ourselfs but we dnt gota raise hands,once a while is k, get mee:D

jzcasejz
08-23-2007, 10:25 AM
As-Salaamu'alaykum

JazaakAllaah Khayr for this. So you just utter the Du'a without raising your hand right?

IbnAbdulHakim
08-23-2007, 11:07 AM
lol wat if u read dhikr/recite ayatul kursi and make dua', technically its not right afta the fard lol

Umm Yoosuf
08-23-2007, 11:12 AM
Assalaamu ALiakum Wa Rahmatulaahi Wa Barakatuh:

These are things the Prophet (pbuh) used to say after finishing the fard Salaats:

1) When the Messenger (sallallaahu 'alayhe wa sallam) finished his prayers, he started with his saying of "Astagh-firullaah" three times. [1]

2) Then he would say "Allaahumma antas-Salaamu wa minkas-Salaam, tabaarakta yaa thal-jalaali wal-ikraam." [2]

3) Then he would say the other reported supplications, like, "Laa ilaaha ill Allaah wa laa na'budu illaa iyyaah..." [3]

4) Then he would commence making the tasbeehs, saying, "sub-haan Allaah," "al-hamdu lillaah," and "Allaahu akbar," 33 times each. [4]

5) Then he would recite Aayah Al-Kursee, as it is what has been reported that he (sallallaahu 'alayhe wa sallam) used to recite after each prayer. [5]

As for the recitation of Soorah Al-Ikhlaas, Soorah Al-Falaq, and Soorah An-Naas, then they are to be recited in the morning and in the evening only. It has not been authentically narrated, to the best of my knowledge, that they were recited after each prayer, and Allaah knows best. [6]

http://www.islamicboard.com/prayer/4...er-salaah.html
Just do that and Khayr.

IbnAbdulHakim
08-23-2007, 11:14 AM
^ jazakAllahu khair, appreciated

Pk_#2
08-23-2007, 11:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ghira
Make sure you emphasize that Prophet (saw) did raise his hands when he supplicated but NOT after Every obligatory Salaah. One time he raised his hands so high towards the sky that the companions could see his pit of his underarm. It was during troubling times and he wanted victory to come soon. I can look up hadith if you like. Yes, after every salaah raising the hands is bidaa but why do people have to completely abandon it...that is NOT SUNNAH. There is a hadith that says:

“Allah is nobly reserved and generous. He feels shy from a servant who raises to Him his two hands to turn them away empty.” [Sunan al-Trimidhî and Musnad Ahmad with an authentic chain of transmission]

Allah knows best.
jazakAllah khair bhai and sis thread starter! :shade:

Hmm now this change will feel weird :muddlehea

Yeah someone answer IbnAbdulHakims question please. :D

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

IbnAbdulHakim
08-23-2007, 12:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umma Wasat
Yeah someone answer IbnAbdulHakims question please. :D

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.
we need a scholar for that :p

but sis al-mu' has given a sufficient answer Alhamdulillah. :)

jazakAllahu khair

MinAhlilHadeeth
08-23-2007, 10:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by jzcasejz
As-Salaamu'alaykum

JazaakAllaah Khayr for this. So you just utter the Du'a without raising your hand right?
:wasalamex

Yeah, exactly.

IbnAbdulHakim, I suggest that you refrain from that until you get a certain answer inshaAllah.

IbnAbdulHakim
08-23-2007, 10:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Muwahhidah

IbnAbdulHakim, I suggest that you refrain from that until you get a certain answer inshaAllah.
sry sis :? refrain froM??

Pk_#2
08-23-2007, 10:48 PM
Dnt put ur hands up einstein,

and yeah ima still do it

IbnAbdulHakim
08-23-2007, 10:54 PM
Dnt put ur hands up einstein,
but all the rap artists always tell us to put our hands up :(

neway seriously, i'll research into this properly. but i really doubt this is bid'a... seriously..

S_87
08-23-2007, 10:54 PM
:sl:

in addition to this one of the best times for dua is when one is prostrating as narrated in sahih muslim and before salam

Pk_#2
08-23-2007, 10:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
but all the rap artists always tell us to put our hands up :(

neway seriously, i'll research into this properly. but i really doubt this is bid'a... seriously..
Y'all put cho hands up, c'mon ma wiggah put cho hands up :muddlehea

okay yeah i agree bhai,

before salaams @ Amani :rolleyes:

imsad

MinAhlilHadeeth
08-23-2007, 10:59 PM
but i really doubt this is bid'a... seriously..
From the fatwa committee:

It is not established from the Prophet (sal Allaahu alaiyhi wa sallam) as far as we know that he raised his hands in duaa after the salaam in the obligatory prayers.
So does this mean you have something from the Prophet salAllaahu 'alayhi wa sallam to support this act then? Otherwise akhee, you are simply following your 'aql/hawwaa. And Islam is not based upon that.

Pk_#2
08-23-2007, 11:02 PM
Otherwise akhee, you are simply following your 'aql/hawwaa. And Islam is not based upon that.
:( Ahhhhhhh.

MinAhlilHadeeth
08-23-2007, 11:04 PM
What? Sorry was I being harsh?:hiding:

S_87
08-23-2007, 11:05 PM

whats wrong sister/ :)

IbnAbdulHakim
08-23-2007, 11:06 PM
From the fatwa committee:

So does this mean you have something from the Prophet salAllaahu 'alayhi wa sallam to support this act then? Otherwise akhee, you are simply following your 'aql/hawwaa. And Islam is not based upon that.

lol im not gonna lie, but my parents have ulama who ive learned to trust and throughout our whole life they've taught us its sunnah to make dua' after every salaah but never have they said after fard because when we pray we make dua' after all the rakaah's (including sunnah rakaah's).

so to be honest i never had a habit of making dua' after fard anyway, i normally read ayatul kursi and then get up... but i said let me research into it because i wanted to ask those teachers for their opinion (which for all i know could agree with this) and if in opposition to provide their view with proof :hiding:

MinAhlilHadeeth
08-23-2007, 11:09 PM
lol im not gonna lie, but my parents have ulama who ive learned to trust and throughout our whole life they've taught us its sunnah to make dua' after every salaah but never have they said after fard because when we pray we make dua' after all the rakaah's (including sunnah rakaah's).

so to be honest i never had a habit of making dua' after fard anyway, i normally read ayatul kursi and then get up... but i said let me research into it because i wanted to ask those teachers for their opinion (which for all i know could agree with this) and if in opposition to provide their view with proof :hiding:
Ok inshaAllah. If they provide you with something from the authentic Sunnah, then khayr. I was commenting on the 'I seriously doubt it's a bid'ah'. That seemed like to me, that you had some proof to suggest it was something established in the deen. But keep on researching inshaAllah.

Pk_#2
08-23-2007, 11:09 PM
What? Sorry was I being harsh?:hiding:
no not you imsad

I just getting confused i just do dua all the time after my prayers :'(

I never heard of this before imsadimsad

MinAhlilHadeeth
08-23-2007, 11:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
Muhammad Al Shareef makes a good point on this subject, here.

But how can we do any act of worship that the Prophet did not do, or agreed to? Did he provide a hadeeth where a companion did it infront of the Prophet and the Prophet did not object? If not, I would abstain from it, since Muhammad Al Shareef is a student of Knowledge, whilst this fatwa is from a committee of major Scholars.

IbnAbdulHakim
08-23-2007, 11:16 PM
jazakALlah khair bro alpha dude, my own bro says the same,

he says dont do somethin so excessively that it seems obligatory, but do it moderately and its all good and in this case it WONT be bid'a coz its got place in "SHARIAH LAW" and its somethin ur doing to please Allah!

sis muwahhidah may Allah reward you

sis UMMA WASAT< dont get all confused, KNOWLEDGE IS THE CURE TO DOUBT :D :D

MinAhlilHadeeth
08-23-2007, 11:18 PM
KNOWLEDGE IS THE CURE TO DOUBT
Very true.

MinAhlilHadeeth
08-23-2007, 11:28 PM
I agree with IAH's post on this matter. :)
You are entitled to your opinion, but know that bid'ah is of two types. The second type is:

The Second Type: Innovation in the acts of worship; Such as worshipping Allaah with an act of worship which is not legislated. And it has divisions,

The first division: It has no origin (asl) in worship, rather it is a newly invented form of worship having no origin in the law (Shar'); Such as inventing prayer not legislated, or fasts not having a Sharee'ah legislated origin, or days of celebration such as the celebration of birthdays, and other than that.

The second division: What exists from additions in the legislated worship, like if one were to add a fifth raka'ah in the Noon (Dhuhr) prayer, or the afternoon ('Asr) prayer for example.

The third division: What exists in the characteristics of carrying out legislated worship. To perform it on a manner not legislated; such as carrying out legislated remembrances (Adhkaar singular: Dhikr) in simultaneous and melodious voices, and such as being extreme on oneself in worship to the point of leaving from the Sunnah of the Messenger (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam).

The fourth division: What exists from specification of a time for legislated worship which was not specified by the law (shar') such as specifying the middle night of Sha'abaan and it's day for fasting and prayer. So verily fasting and praying have a basis in the Religion, but specifying them to a time from amongst the times is in need of a proof.
This is an extract from the following post:
http://www.islamicboard.com/734968-post6.html

So I agree with the fatwa committee on this one.:)

IbnAbdulHakim
08-23-2007, 11:33 PM
^ we've already said its not even about specifying it, we just sometimes get happy and feel close to Allah so we wanna raise our hands and ask Allah for something hoping for it to get accepted. We dont do this understanding that asking Allah for help is sunnah, therefore there is space in shariah for it...

Allahu a'lam

lets not discuss it nemore, seriously its getting drawn out

MinAhlilHadeeth
08-23-2007, 11:37 PM
^ we've already said its not even about specifying it, we just sometimes get happy and feel close to Allah so we wanna raise our hands and ask Allah for something hoping for it to get accepted. We dont do this understanding that asking Allah for help is sunnah, therefore there is space in shariah for it...

Allahu a'lam
To my understanding, this fatwa (based on other fataawa that I have read) is talking about making it in to a sort of ritual. Like doing this habitually. And remember that just because you don't think something is Sunnah, it doesn't mean there is space for it in the Sunnah. Allahu A'lam.

lets not discuss it nemore, seriously its getting drawn out
Sure, fine.

MinAhlilHadeeth
08-23-2007, 11:41 PM
But, Muhammad Alshareef mentioned that we are NOT setting that time out specifically, we're not making it obligatory on anybody...it's not being legislated, so how can it be considered something of the following type?
Do you mean, once in a while when you feel like it you raise your hand after the salaah? If so, then no it wouldn't fit into that category. I was referring to those who raise their hand after every salah, or every fardh salah, habitually, yet do not say that it is sunnah or legislated, etc. Because that's still specifying a time for raising your hands after salah that Allah and His Messenger did not specify. You're specifying it through your actions.

Silver Pearl
08-24-2007, 04:48 PM

Aswad bin Amir narrates; I prayed the Fajr behind the Messenger of Allah (Salallahu aleyhi was sallam).When he finished it with the salutation, he turned himself, raised his hands and made a supplication.
(Tabarani in Mujam al Kabir)

Abdullah ibn Zubayr (Allah be pleased with him) a person raising his handsand supplicating before he completed his prayer. When he ended his prayer, he said to him: “The Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) never used to raise his handsuntil after completing his prayer.” (Recorded by Tabrani in his al-Mu’jam, and authenticated by al-Haythami in Majma’ al-Zawaid)

There are many ahadeeth that shows that the prophet (may the peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him, his household and his companions and those who follow him) raised his hands after prayers. There is a difference between saying it is permissible and saying it is fard. I don't know anyone who holds the opinion that it is fard, however, many agree that it is permissible.

It shows that there is two sides to this, there is little benefit in quarreling about a matter that even scholars could not all agree upon.

We should really focus on things that will bring us closer to Allaah, arguing about matters of fiqh when we are ignorant is not going to do us any favours.

Wa Allaahu'3llaam.

MinAhlilHadeeth
08-24-2007, 05:18 PM
Some more fataawa....

With regard to du’aa’ after the salaam, what the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to do is to say, after finishing the prayer: Astghfir Allaah, astaghfir Allaah astaghfir Allaah (I seek the forgiveness of Allaah, I seek the forgiveness of Allaah, I seek the forgiveness of Allaah). Then he would say all the dhikrs that are narrated at this time. See question no. 7646.

Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

There is no saheeh report to say that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to raise his hands following an obligatory prayer, or that his companions (may Allaah have mercy on them) did that, as far as we know. What some people do, raising their hands after the prayer, is a bid’aah (innovation) for which there is no basis.

Al-Fataawa, 1/74.

Source

Question: I have heard that after the obligatory prayer, one should offer a supplication, because that is the time that supplications are accepted the most. Is this True? Is it particularly recommended to offer supplications after offering our formal prayers?

Answered by Sheikh Muhammad b. Sâlih al-`Uthaymîn

It is not prescribed for a person upon completing prayer to raise his hands in supplication. If the person wishes to offer supplications, he should know that offering the supplication while in prayer is better than offering it after completing the prayer.

This is what our Prophet (peace be upon him) guided us to. In a hadîth narrated by Ibn Mas`ûd, when the Prophet (peace be upon him) mentioned completing the tashahhud, he said: “Then he should offer any supplication that he wishes.” [Sahîh al-Bukhârî and Sahîh Muslim]

What we see some people doing is that every time they offer a prayer, as soon as they say the taslîm they invariably raise their hands. Sometimes they do so for such a brief moment that is scarcely enough time to actually supplicate – but is more like a formality of raising the hands – and then some of them wipe their faces. They offer up this practice after each prayer to preserve what they think is a prescribed act of supplication.

However, no such act is prescribed. Making such an unwavering habit of doing so actually becomes an innovation.

And Allah knows best.

Source

By Sheikh `Abd al-Rahmân al-`Ajlân, lecturer at the Grand Mosque in Mecca

With respect to the five obligatory prayers, the scholars have determined that it is not best to supplicate immediately thereafter. This is because there is something else which is strongly encouraged for us to engage in at that time – the prescribed remembrances. It is not recommended for the worshipper to busy himself with something else – even something that is good in and of itself – at the expense of a prescribed Sunnah.

With respect to the time after completing a voluntary prayer, there is nothing specifically mentioned in the Sunnah to recommend it as a time to single out for supplications. Therefore, we should not treat it as a special time to set aside for our supplications.

However, the time after one makes the taslîm form a voluntary prayer is just like any other time. A person is free to supplicate at this time as the inclination takes him. Supplication is a generally encouraged form of worship.

And Allah knows best.

Source

00:00
08-24-2007, 05:25 PM
SO it's not part of the sunnah to raise your hands in dua. than why do ppl do it? and when did this practise start ppl raising their hands after prayer.

Silver Pearl
08-24-2007, 05:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 00:00
SO it's not part of the sunnah to raise your hands in dua. than why do ppl do it? and when did this practise start ppl raising their hands after prayer.
:salamext:

Abdullah ibn Zubayr (Allah be pleased with him) a person raising his handsand supplicating before he completed his prayer. When he ended his prayer, he said to him: “The Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) never used to raise his hands until after completing his prayer.” (Recorded by Tabrani in his al-Mu’jam, and authenticated by al-Haythami in Majma’ al-Zawaid)

There are no ulama here, just us ignorant individuals. We are blind ourselves and have no authority to lead the blind. Speak to a sheikh of your local Masjid Inshallaah.

Ya rabb, Indeed we slaves are straying, so guide us, forgive us and have mercy on our weak souls.

MinAhlilHadeeth
08-24-2007, 05:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 00:00
No. What this fatwa and others state is that it is not Sunnah to:

Raising the hands in duaa (supplication) after the 5 prayers
raise his hands following an obligatory prayer
upon completing prayer to raise his hands in supplication
Because:

With respect to the time after completing a voluntary prayer, there is nothing specifically mentioned in the Sunnah to recommend it as a time to single out for supplications. Therefore, we should not treat it as a special time to set aside for our supplications.
no such act is prescribed. Making such an unwavering habit of doing so actually becomes an innovation.

00:00
08-24-2007, 05:34 PM
No. What this fatwa and others state is that it is not Sunnah to:

Quote:
Raising the hands in duaa (supplication) after the 5 prayers
From this hadith it says that the Prophet did.

Abdullah ibn Zubayr (Allah be pleased with him) a person raising his handsand supplicating before he completed his prayer. When he ended his prayer, he said to him: “The Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) never used to raise his hands until after completing his prayer.” (Recorded by Tabrani in his al-Mu’jam, and authenticated by al-Haythami in Majma’ al-Zawaid)

MinAhlilHadeeth
08-24-2007, 05:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Silver Pearl
There are no ulama here, just us ignorant individuals. We are blind ourselves and have no authority to lead the blind. Speak to a sheikh of your local Masjid Inshallaah.

Ya rabb, Indeed we slaves are straying, so guide us, forgive us and have mercy on our weak souls.

True.:) Which is why I choose to follow the fataawah of all these scholars. You've quoted ahadeeth from at-Tabaraani, yet we can't really know whether those ahadeeth are saheeh. Because we are ignorant individuals. In fact, some aspects of the science of ahadeeth were only mstered by only the top muhaditheen, such as spotting an 'illah. So it's not simply a matter of quoting a hadeeth and saying al-Haythami authenticated it. But to each his own. If you have seen fataawa by other scholars who say this is permissible, then feel free to follow that.:) I'd personally stay away from something that some scholars are calling a bid'ah because of the severity of this.

Silver Pearl
08-24-2007, 05:43 PM

True.:) Which is why I choose to follow the fataawah of all these scholars. You've quoted ahadeeth from at-Tabaraani, yet we can't really know whether those ahadeeth are saheeh. Because we are ignorant individuals. In fact, some aspects of the science of ahadeeth were only mstered by only the top muhaditheen, such as spotting an 'illah. So it's not simply a matter of quoting a hadeeth and saying al-Haythami authenticated it. But to each his own. If you have seen fataawa by other scholars who say this is permissible, then feel free to follow that.:) I'd personally stay away from something that some scholars are calling a bid'ah because of the severity of this.

Al-Haythami (rahimullaah) was amongst the great scholars of Islaam and may Allaah reward him immensely for his efforts. So his ruling on the hadeeth puts alot of weight, its not just any random individual. It is upto each individual whose opinion they follow. To each to his own as you stated :)

MinAhlilHadeeth
08-24-2007, 05:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Silver Pearl

Al-Haythami (rahimullaah) was amongst the great scholars of Islaam and may Allaah reward him immensely for his efforts. So his ruling on the hadeeth puts alot of weight, its not just any random individual. It is upto each individual whose opinion they follow. To each to his own as you stated :)
Ameen. Yeah, I hope it didn't sound like I was belittling al-Haythami, rahimullah. I know he was a great scholar. But what I was saying, is that some of the 'ullemaa had different standards and methodologies in the science of hadeeth. Some of the muhaditheen accepted narrations from innovators, aslong as they weren't callers to their bid'ah. Some accepted it from them aslong as their bid'ah was not severe. Some accepted it aslong as it didn't agree with their bid'ah. Others however, didn't accept ahadeeth from any of the people of innovation, period. This is one example that I know of, and I'm sure a person of knowledge could list many more examples. So one muhaddith may consider a hadeeth to be authentic, whilst others may consider it to be inauthentic. So as laypeople it's better to look to fataawa from the 'ullemaa rather than coming to conclusions after looking at ahadeeth.

BarakAllahu feekum for your contributions, ukhtee.:)

MinAhlilHadeeth
08-24-2007, 06:09 PM

Question:

After fard salat (i.e. after saying salam), some people make Dua while others say only Tasbih Fatmi. Some people are adament that making Dua after salat is Bidat. This is causing some restraint in the cummunity speacially those who follow Imam Abu Hanifa or Shafai.
Can we make dua'a after salat.
Can we make dua'a with the imama after salat alltogether.

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

It says in Fatawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah:

Making du’aa’ after the obligatory prayers is not Sunnah if it is done by raising the hands, whether that is done by the imam alone or a member of the congregation alone, or it is done by them both together. Rather that is bid’ah, because it was not narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) or any of his companions (may Allaah be pleased with them) did that. With regard to making du’aa’ without doing that (raising the hands etc.), there is nothing wrong with it, because there are some ahaadeeth concerning that.

Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 7/103

The Committee was asked about raising the hands for du’aa’ after the five daily prayers – is it proven that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) raised his hands or not? If it is not proven, is it permissible to raise the hands after the five daily prayers or not?

They replied: It is not proven that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) raised his hands in du’aa’ after the obligatory prayers as far as we know, so raising them after the salaam of an obligatory prayer is contrary to the Sunnah.

Fataawa al-Lajnah, 7/104

The Committee also stated that saying du’aa’ out loud after the five daily prayers or regular Sunnah prayers, or reciting du’aa’ in unison as a regular practice is a reprehensible innovation (bid’ah), because it was not proven that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) or his companions (may Allaah be pleased with them) did anything like that. Whoever makes du’aa’ after the obligatory or regular Sunnah prayers in unison is going against the way of Ahl al-Sunnah wa’l-Jamaa’ah, and for those people to accuse those who disagree with them of being kaafirs and not belonging to Ahl al-Sunnah wa’l-Jamaa’ah, is misguidance, ignorance and a distortion of the facts.

Fataawa Islamiyyah, 1/319

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A

Since this has been discussed before to a certain extent:

http://www.islamicboard.com/fiqh/185...daa-bidaa.html

:threadclo

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.