/* */

PDA

View Full Version : what does islam say about back chatting?

sister_islam
08-24-2007, 06:43 PM
salam

I need some information about "back chatting" in islam so i can tell my friends that it is wrong.

thanks
:-\

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*~Sofia~*
08-24-2007, 06:46 PM
Salam sister,

you might find the following link helpful regarding backbiting

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?re...txt=backbiting

also this site looks pretty gud too regarding the topic...

http://www.islamawareness.net/Backbiting/

w'salam
x

barney
08-26-2007, 05:33 PM
Quote from link:
"Praise be to Allaah.

Gheebah (backbiting, gossip) means that a person mentions the faults of his Muslim brother in his absence, which he would not like if he heard about it, when there is no need to mention them.

When I say “mentions the faults of his brother”, this excludes cases when the other person says something to praise or commend him.

When I say “Muslim brother”, this excludes the kaafir, for there is no gheebah in the case of a kaafir" End Quote.

:)

strider
08-26-2007, 05:56 PM
You can backbite about non-Muslims? Why can we backbite about them and not Muslims? That's like saying it's fine to steal from non-Muslims, when actually it isn't right to steal off anybody, regardless of their faith.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
barney
08-26-2007, 06:14 PM
Well if unbeleivers are to be hated and despised, it's a bit tricky to do that if all you are allowed to say is nice stuff!
:)

amirah_87
08-26-2007, 08:12 PM
:sl:

Read this inshaAllah:

Al-Gheebah/Backbiting ~ Umm 'Abdillaah; Aisha bint Muqbil Al-Waadi'iyyah

Hope it helps.

Md Mashud
08-27-2007, 12:14 AM
Well, is this about backbiting or backchatting - backchatting would be arguing back to someone whos talking to you - backbiting ofcourse different...

Intisar
08-27-2007, 12:34 AM
:sl: I remember in an ayah of the Quran where it said backbiting was like eating the flesh of another human being. You should never back bite about people. If you have nothing pleasant to say, then don't say anything at all.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.