/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why do you believe in Allah?

azim
09-05-2005, 11:28 PM
Salamu alaykum brothers and sisters.

I was just hoping if people could share their reasons why they believe in Allah subhana-wa-ta'ala and Islam. Obviously there will be many reasons but your favourite reason shared could insha'Alllah benefit us all.

Jazakhallah-Khairal.

I'll share an experience I had while I performing Umrah last month. I was doing tawaf of the Kabah and making dua and I made dua for Allah to increase iman. I started feeling something inside my heart then, similar to when you suddenly get startled. It's hard to explain, but in a blink of an eye, I could just suddenly remember sin I had ever commited. Ever single one, so many that it seemed countless but I was aware of them all. In another blink of an eye, I was aware of all the blessings Allah subhana-wa-ta'ala. I could feel the love of Allah, who had never left me alone since I was a child. At that moment I feltl so much shame, and so much fear, and so much love. Shame for all the sins I had commited, fear for Allah punishment and love for Allah, since I knew every second I was alive was a blessing from Allah. At that moment the pressure on my heart felt it was going to kill me. There was no doubt in my heart that Allah was real, the Day of Judgement was real, that Heaven and Hell where real. All I could do was cry, and slowly the pressure eased away.

This happened a few times on Umrah - did anyone else who went have a similar experience?

Salamu alaykum.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Shadow
09-05-2005, 11:38 PM
:sl:
i kinda had tht sort of experience as well
it was on a tarawee salaah(in the month of ramadan ofcourse)
and it was cool n chilly
i dont remeber much about it since it was a long time ago but i do recall something like u sed

Henry
09-06-2005, 01:01 AM
Assalamu Alaikam Waramatuallah Wabarakatu

Mashallah, great post :)

I believe in Allah (SWT) for as many reasons as there are pebbles on Earth. The sun comes out when I pray, the rain stops falling, the birds come to a tree nearby to add to my enjoyment. The great sense of brothership, a warming sensation in my heart and soul, a great friend that has been brought to me (Yeah Jameel :p ), everlasting ayats, the Quran, and how pure and sincere Allah's (SWT) message has been to all of us through the prophets. Of course I have more, but I just wanted to state a paragraph :) Surely, no one could fit why and how they love Allah (SWT) in a couple paragraphs on here.

Wassalamu Alaikam Waramatuallah Wabarakatu

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.