/* */

PDA

View Full Version : 5 Questions about Islam...

BanGuLLy
08-26-2007, 04:57 PM
1) Does the Quran/Hadith say that we can have revenge.. For example... If someone kills my mom... Am I allowed to kill his mom.. or kill the killer..

2) Are we allowed to kill a person that just left Islam for another religion?

3) Does it say in the Quran or Hadith.. that the Jews will take over the world one day?

4) Is the Sharia law mainly in the Quran or the Hadith...?

5) Are we allowed to talk to Kafirs? and if we cant.. is it a big Sin?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
snakelegs
08-28-2007, 03:42 AM
as for number 5, of course you're allowed to talk to us - otherwise how could you do dawah?

Malaikah
08-28-2007, 10:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by BanGuLLy
1) Does the Quran/Hadith say that we can have revenge.. For example... If someone kills my mom... Am I allowed to kill his mom.. or kill the killer..
:sl:

Under Islamic law the close relatives of the murdered person get to choose- either the murder gets capital punishment and is killed, or the murderer must pay 'blood money' to the family (like a fine).

I don't know if the family can forgive the person and let him go unpunished in the case of murder, but for lesser crimes (such as those not punishable by law) we are encouraged to forgive.

(no you can't kill his mum, that makes you almost as bad as him!)

5) Are we allowed to talk to Kafirs? and if we cant.. is it a big Sin?
Of course you can!

chacha_jalebi
08-28-2007, 12:11 PM
salaam

ello bangbully or gully:p

number 1

Does the Quran/Hadith say that we can have revenge.. For example... If someone kills my mom... Am I allowed to kill his mom.. or kill the killer..
well my fellow pedestrian :D in islam we are taught to always forgive, and be patient, if someone kills someone, in sharia law its up to the authorities to give the punishment, but we get to choose either death or blood money

Are we allowed to kill a person that just left Islam for another religion?
the punishment for one who leaves islam is death yes, but if they are living in a islamic country and again its up to the authorities to weigh up the evidence and then hand out a punishment!!:D

Does it say in the Quran or Hadith.. that the Jews will take over the world one day?
erm i aint aware of any Quranic ayah, maybe some one more knowlegdable can help ya, but in the hadiths it says that a lot of the dajjals followers will be jews from a place called asfahan or summin.

Is the Sharia law mainly in the Quran or the Hadith...?
sharia is Allah (swt) law and its mainly from the Quran, i.e - floggin punishments, and it also has some stuff from the sunnah from it i.e what to do in a certain situation like when that woman who did zina, got pregnant, that was a certain situation, so hadiths show how to apply the law in certain situations and Quran will have all the fundamentals!

Are we allowed to talk to Kafirs? and if we cant.. is it a big Sin?
no we cant :p naa ofcourse we can lol, they are our fellow humans :D we love them :mmokay:

islam means peace, and it was sent for everyone not jus muslims! thats why the Prophet (saw) is called rehmat tilil aalimeen, mercy for the whole of mankind!! not jus for muslims, but everyone. so we can talk with everyone, bust jokes with everyone and smile and be friendly with everyone!!

but some people say bla bla dont talk to kuffar, BUT THATS WRONG!!!! why do you think so much non muslims converted to islam back in the days, it was because RasoolAllah (sal Allah hu aleyhi wasalam) showed the true islam, i.e when Makkah was freed by the muslims, RasoolAllah (sal allah hu aleyhi wasalam) didnt want to punish the non muslims, he said your free to do whatever! and he traded with the kuffar! so we can talk with them :D

bye now :shade:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
chacha_jalebi
08-28-2007, 12:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
:sl:Ebtisweetsam, why are you laughing? :confused: I'm sure it was a sincere question, I don't think you should belittle people like that.

AFAIK, for one and two, these actions are only allowed when there is an Islamic state. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Even then, you'd have to go through the proper authority, there's no vigilante justice in Islam.

Number 3, not to my knowledge, it doesn't.
disguised plagerism of my answer,:D

BanGuLLy
08-28-2007, 03:45 PM
I meant be Friends with Kafirs...

BanGuLLy
08-28-2007, 03:50 PM
Do we really have to follow the Hadith? Does it say in the Quran that we should follow the Hadith...

Can someone find the exact surah and verse number from the Quran for the part where it says that we should kill someone if he changes religion.. because I only see it in the Hadith... and the Hadith was written after prophets death..

islamirama
08-28-2007, 04:21 PM

www.islamqa.com is a great site for Questions and Answers, just about anything you can think of has already been asked by somebody and answered on there.

islamirama
08-28-2007, 04:25 PM
Do we really have to follow the Hadith? Does it say in the Quran that we should follow the Hadith...

Can someone find the exact surah and verse number from the Quran for the part where it says that we should kill someone if he changes religion.. because I only see it in the Hadith... and the Hadith was written after prophets death..

Inshallah visit here to see the science of hadith and how it was compiled and why it is regarded as the 2nd most sacred textbook to Muslims after Quran.

http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamentals/hadithsunnah/

As for Quran stating about the hadith (sayings of the Prophet):

Obey the Messenger:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
[3] AL-Imran:
3:132
And obey Allah and the Messenger; that ye may obtain mercy.

-------------------------------------------------
[4] An-Nisa:
4:13
Those are limits set by Allah. those who obey Allah and His Messenger will be admitted to Gardens with rivers flowing beneath, to abide therein (for ever) and that will be the supreme achievement.

* 4:14 *
But those who disobey Allah and His Messenger and transgress His limits will be admitted to a Fire, to abide therein: And they shall have a humiliating punishment.

4:42
On that day those who reject Faith and disobey the messenger will wish that the earth were made one with them: But never will they hide a single fact from Allah.

4:59
O ye who believe! Obey Allah, and obey the Messenger, and those charged with authority among you. If ye differ in anything among yourselves, refer it to Allah and His Messenger, if ye do believe in Allah and the Last Day: That is best, and most suitable for final determination.

4:64
We sent not a messenger, but to be obeyed, in accordance with the leave of Allah. If they had only, when they were unjust to themselves, come unto thee and asked Allah's forgiveness, and the Messenger had asked forgiveness for them, they would have found Allah indeed Oft-returning, Most Merciful.

4:69
All who obey Allah and the messenger are in the company of those on whom is the Grace of Allah,- of the prophets (who teach), the Sincere (lovers of Truth), the martyrs, and the Righteous (who do good): Ah! How beautiful is there fellowship!

4:80
He who obeys the Messenger, obeys Allah. But if any turn away, We have not sent thee to watch over them.

* 4:115 *
If anyone contends with the Messenger even after guidance has been plainly conveyed to him, and follows a path other than that becoming to men of Faith, We shall leave him in the path he has chosen, and land him in Hell,- what an evil refuge!

[5] Al-Mida:
5:92
Obey Allah, and obey the Messenger, and beware (of evil): if ye do turn back, know ye that it is Our Messenger's duty to proclaim (the message) in the clearest manner.

[8] Al-Anfl:
8:20
O ye who believe! Obey Allah and His Messenger, and turn not away from him when ye hear (him speak).

8:46
And obey Allah and His Messenger. and fall into no disputes, lest ye lose heart and your power depart; and be patient and persevering: For Allah is with those who patiently persevere:

[9] Al-Tauba:
9:62
To you they swear by Allah in order to please you: But it is more fitting that they should please Allah and His Messenger, if they are Believers.

*9:63*
Know they not that for those who oppose Allah and His Messenger, is the Fire of Hell?- wherein they shall dwell. That is the supreme disgrace.

9:80
Whether thou ask for their forgiveness, or not, (their sin is unforgivable): if thou ask seventy times for their forgiveness, Allah will not forgive them: because they have rejected Allah and His Messenger. and Allah guideth not those who are perversely rebellious.

[24] An-Nur:
24:52
It is such as obey Allah and His Messenger, and fear Allah and do right, that will triumph,

24:54
Say: "Obey Allah, and obey the Messenger. but if ye turn away, he is only responsible for the duty placed on him and ye for that placed on you. If ye obey him, ye shall be on right guidance. The Messenger's duty is only to preach the clear (Message).

24:56
So establish regular prayer and give Zakaat; and obey the Messenger. that ye may receive mercy.

[33] Al-Azab:
33:33
And stay quietly in your houses, and make not a dazzling display, like that of the former Times of Ignorance; and establish regular prayer, and give Zakaat; and obey Allah and His Messenger. And Allah only wishes to remove all abomination from you, ye members of the Family, and to make you pure and spotless.

*33:36*
It is not fitting for a Believer, man or woman, when a matter has been decided by Allah and His Messenger to have any option about their decision: if any one disobeys Allah and His Messenger, he is indeed on a clearly wrong Path.

33:66
The Day that their faces will be turned over in the Fire, they will say: "Woe to us! Would that we had obeyed Allah and obeyed the Messenger!"

[47] Muhammad:
47:33
O ye who believe! Obey Allah, and obey the messenger, and make not vain your deeds!

[48] Victory:
48:17
No blame is there on the blind, nor is there blame on the lame, nor on one ill (if he joins not the war): but he that obeys Allah and his Messenger,- (Allah) will admit him to Gardens beneath which rivers flow; and he who turns back, (Allah) will punish him with a grievous Chastisement.

[58] Al-Mujadila:
58:13
Is it that ye are afraid of spending sums in charity before your private consultation (with him)? If, then, ye do not so, and Allah forgives you, then (at least) establish regular prayer; give Zakaat; and obey Allah and His Messenger. And Allah is well-acquainted with all that ye do.

[59] Al-Hashr:
59:7
...So take what the Messenger gives you, and refrain from what he prohibits you. And fear Allah: for Allah is strict in Punishment.

[64] At-Taghabun:
64:12
So obey Allah, and obey His Messenger: but if ye turn back, the duty of Our Messenger is but to proclaim (the Message) clearly and openly.

[72] Al-Jinn:
72:23
"Unless I deliver what I receive from Allah and His Messages: for any that disobey Allah and His Messenger,- for them is Hell: they shall dwell therein for ever."

BanGuLLy
08-29-2007, 12:18 AM
k did the prophet know there was gonna be a hadith or approve the hadith.. because in the Hadith it says different... it says we can kill the ones who change their religion...

snakelegs
08-29-2007, 12:41 AM
yes, i know it does.
better a muslim should answer your other question.

Malaikah
08-29-2007, 08:22 AM
So was the Quran. No complete compilation in written form of the Quran existed until the companions wrote it down.

Contrary to popular belief, the companions did write down hadiths before the prophets death, and they memorized them too.

The same people who we learned the Quran from, taught us the hadith.

k did the prophet know there was gonna be a hadith or approve the hadith.. because in the Hadith it says different... it says we can kill the ones who change their religion...
What are talking about, the hadith are the sayings of the prophet. Stuff he said. :rollseyes

BanGuLLy
08-29-2007, 02:07 PM
Still waiting for answers

1) Are we allowed to be friends with Kafirs..

2)Can someone find the exact surah and verse number from the Quran for the part where it says that we should kill someone if he changes religion from Islam..

3) When was the Sharia Created?

islamirama
08-29-2007, 02:41 PM
Still waiting for answers

1) Are we allowed to be friends with Kafirs..
What is meant by taking the kuffaar as friends?

Clarification of the important rule: it is haraam to take kaafirs as close friends and protectors

2)Can someone find the exact surah and verse number from the Quran for the part where it says that we should kill someone if he changes religion from Islam..
There were two kinds of revelations to the prophet s.a.w. One was recital, which is the Quran. And one was implementation, which is the Sunnah. How did prophet, an illiterate man, know how to do and say all he did if not being divinely inspired. Allah says we will send a Messenger and we will put words in HIS mouth. Allah also says he (prophet) does not speak of his own accord but what we tell him. So the sunnah is revelations in implementation and Quran is revelations in guidance and recitation. Sunnah compliments the Quran, Quran tells us to pray and Sunnah tells us to pray what, when, how, why, etc. Quran tells us to pay zakat and sunnah tells us how much, when, to whom, etc. Quran tells us to do hajj and Sunnah shows us how to.

Punishment of the one who leaves Islaam
Why death is the punishment for Apostasy
How does an apostate come back to Islam?

3) When was the Sharia Created?
Sharia was created in the time of the Prophet s.aw., he implemented Islamic Law as it came down gradually over a period of time. You should check with your imaam about taking some classes on Islam bro, it'll also give you the opportunity to ask the teacher any question that pops up.

NoName55
08-29-2007, 03:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama
Sharia was created in the time of the Prophet s.aw., he implemented Islamic Law as it came down gradually over a period of time.
there was I, thinking that The Laws existed since the times of Hazrat Adam Alaisalam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.