/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Praying on time

syilla
08-29-2007, 01:23 AM
:salamext:

I need all the daleel and hadith telling us the importance of praying on time.

Jazakallah khayr in advance.

Masallama fil masa'heh

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Khayal
08-31-2007, 05:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
:salamext:

I need all the daleel and hadith telling us the importance of praying on time.

Jazakallah khayr in advance.

Masallama fil masa'heh

:sl:

Sis, syilla I found these ahadith, hope it will help, InshaAllah.

Volume 1, Book 10, Number 500:
Narrated Ibn Shihab:
Once'Umar bin 'Abdul 'Aziz delayed the prayer and 'Urwa bin Az-Zubair went to him and said, "Once in 'Iraq, Al-MughTra bin Shu'ba delayed his prayers and Abi Mas'ud Al-Ansari went to him and said, 'O Mughira! What is this? Don't you know that once Gabriel came and offered the prayer (Fajr prayer) and Allah's Apostle prayed too, then he prayed again (Zuhr prayer) and so did Allah's Apostle and again he prayed ('Asr prayers and Allah's Apostle did the same; again he prayed (Maghrib-prayer) and so did Allah's Apostle and again prayed ('Isha prayer) and so did Allah's Apostle and (Gabriel) said, 'I was ordered to do so (to demonstrate the prayers prescribed to you)?'" 'Umar (bin 'Abdul 'AzTz) said to 'Urwa, "Be sure of what you Say. Did Gabriel lead Allah's Apostle at the stated times of the prayers?" 'Urwa replied, "Bashir bin Abi Mas'ud narrated like this on the authority of his father." Urwa added, "Aisha told me that Allah's Apostle used to pray 'Asr prayer when the sun-shine was still inside her residence (during the early time of 'Asr)."
Volume 1, Book 10, Number 501:
Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:
"Once a delegation of 'Abdul Qais came to Allah's Apostle and said, "We belong to such and such branch of the tribe of Rab'a and we can only come to you in the sacred months. Order us to do something good so that we may (carry out) take it from you and also invite to it our people whom we have left behind (at home)." The Prophet said, " I order you to do four things and forbid you from four things. (The first four are as follows):
1. To believe in Allah. (And then he: explained it to them i.e.) to testify that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah and (Muhammad) am Allah's Apostle
2. To offer prayers perfectly (at the stated times):
3. To pay Zakat (obligatory charity)
4. To give me Khumus
(The other four things which are forbidden are as follows):
1. Dubba
2. Hantam
3. Muqaiyat
4. Naqir (all these are utensils used for the preparation of alcoholic drinks)."
Volume 1, Book 10, Number 505:
Narrated 'Abdullah:
I asked the Prophet "Which deed is the dearest to Allah?" He replied, "To offer the prayers at their early stated fixed times." I asked, "What is the next (in goodness)?" He replied, "To be good and dutiful to your parents" I again asked, "What is the next (in goodness)?" He replied, 'To participate in Jihad (religious fighting) in Allah's cause." 'Abdullah added, "I asked only that much and if I had asked more, the Prophet would have told me more."
Souce.

:w:

Camomilla
09-11-2007, 09:47 AM
sister, what does Khumus mean?
thanx for the share, Jazakallah Khair!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.