/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Missed Salah

cookie_monster
08-29-2007, 04:55 AM
assalamalikum

I have a question regards to missing salah. I missed a lot of salah in my life time. I am about 22. How would I go abouts to make up the salah? I cannot even remeber the number of salah I missed. Also if I do have to make them up is it fajr then the amount of units. Probably around 500 or something.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ansar.tajudeen
08-31-2007, 06:01 PM
walaikum salaam brother,

alhamdulilah for u r interest in missed salah

the same question i also had ..i asked our imaam he said whenever v r free v can pray,and in the special days like mehraj(rajab month),shabhai barat(shaban month),lailatul kadhar(ramadan month),in all these days v can pray our missed prayers in our life,..

jazak allah hairun

UmmSqueakster
08-31-2007, 07:12 PM
From Islamonline:

In light of these and other evidence, the vast majority of scholars and imams are of the opinion that one must make up for all of the prayers one has missed in life, no matter how many they are. So according to them, you should make up for all of these prayers. One of the best ways to do this—as has been suggested by one scholar—is to pray with each fard that you perform another fard in lieu of what you missed in the past. Thus, for instance, before or after praying Zuhr, pray another four rak`ahs of Zuhr as qadha’, and pray another four rak`ahs of `Asr every time you pray `Asr; you should continue to do this until such time that you can be pretty sure that you have made up for all of the missed prayers.

However, the above view has been rejected by scholars such as Imam Ibn Taymiyah, Shawkani, and Ibn Hazm. They are of the view that a person who has deliberately missed his prayers can never make up for them. Therefore, the only option left for him is to repent, ask forgiveness of Allah, and do lots of good works; by doing so he can hope to receive Allah’s mercy.

I follow the first opinion, while my husband follows the opinion of Ibn Hazm (ra).

First, I would start to pray 5 times a day. Once you have established that practice, I would estimate in years the salat you've missed, and then pray 2 of each prayer, your current and one missed, for that number of years. So, for x years, you would pray 2 fajrs, 2 zuhrs, 2 asrs, 2 maghribs and 2 ishas a day.

Md Mashud
08-31-2007, 08:03 PM
For missed salah's, there are 2 opinions (correct me if Im wrong) - one is that you can in retrospect pray them and hope they get accepted and that of which you should pray for Allahs forgiveness for the prayers and that you cannot retrospectively pray them.

I believe in the former, which the sister above has explained well as to how to go about it.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
kh@led
10-19-2007, 02:26 PM
:salamext:

In light of these and other evidence, the vast majority of scholars and imams are of the opinion that one must make up for all of the prayers one has missed in life, no matter how many they are. So according to them, you should make up for all of these prayers. One of the best ways to do this—as has been suggested by one scholar—is to pray with each fard that you perform another fard in lieu of what you missed in the past. Thus, for instance, before or after praying Zuhr, pray another four rak`ahs of Zuhr as qadha’, and pray another four rak`ahs of `Asr every time you pray `Asr; you should continue to do this until such time that you can be pretty sure that you have made up for all of the missed prayers.
Someone I know follows the above method and I think its an excellent idea! I am planning to do the same for my missed salats too.

Allah(swt) is the most knowledgable, most understandable, most merciful and inshallah he will forgive us and accept the our good deeds.

------
12-12-2007, 01:20 PM
:salamext:

*bump

However, the above view has been rejected by scholars such as Imam Ibn Taymiyah, Shawkani, and Ibn Hazm. They are of the view that a person who has deliberately missed his prayers can never make up for them. Therefore, the only option left for him is to repent, ask forgiveness of Allah, and do lots of good works; by doing so he can hope to receive Allah’s mercy.
Jazaak Allaah Khayr, needed this to show someone!

H@fiz Aziz
12-24-2007, 04:47 AM
you can make them up after for ex. reading zuhr then reading one of your missed salaat this is called kaza.

☆•♥°ąყ℮Տիმ°♥•☆
12-24-2007, 02:09 PM
Assalam o Allikum
Very intrsting thread... which brought me to the question regarding converts... do we make up the prayers we have missed since converting and maybe incorrect prayers due to learning or does it include to make them up from befor converting?

Talib_Rayhan
12-25-2007, 01:05 AM
^^ Good question Sister, I too would like to know the answer to that, as I know I have never prayed 100% correctly due to learning, Insha'Allah soon come

Talib_Rayhan
12-25-2007, 01:06 AM
^^ Good question Sister, I too would like to know the answer to that, as I know I have never prayed 100% correctly due to learning, Insha'Allah soon come

Talib_Rayhan
12-25-2007, 01:06 AM
Sorry for the duplicate posts, I havent a clue what I did

☆•♥°ąყ℮Տիმ°♥•☆
12-25-2007, 12:26 PM
Assalam o Allikum
inshaAllah maybe someone with knowledge of this area could give us some guidance :)

al_islam
12-25-2007, 12:46 PM
I always thought that you just prayed on extra salah for each prayer, but just the Farz.

For Isha you pray the short version: 4 Farz 2 Sunnah 3 Witr.

Thats what I was taught anyways.

UmmSqueakster
12-25-2007, 03:04 PM
In my understanding, converts should make up prayers that were prayed incorrectly or missed since converting. Before we said la ilaha il Allah, Muhammadur rasul Allah, salat was not obligatory upon us, so there's nothing to make up.

I haven't seen any evidence (or any fatwa for that matter) addressing this issue, especially in materials for converts, so I'm just assuming it's a non issue, ie. we don't have to make it up.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.