PDA

View Full Version : Can Someone Help Me Please? Thanks



......
08-30-2007, 11:22 AM
Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me out here, I heard something like if you have a wish or you want allah to do something for you and at the moment allah grants you wish you have 2 do certain things to allah for example fast for a certain amount of time or something like that...I cant remember it clearly and word for word.......but I was wondering
how you do this??

Thanks for your help,
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
08-30-2007, 11:30 AM
:sl:
first of all, brother/sister, please make sure that whatever someone tells you, to make sure that it is authentic. i.e approved by allah and His messenger, sallahu alehyi wa salam.
since i don't know the answer to this, i suggest you see a reliable scholar. such as the one on islam-qa.com. really good, mashallah.
:sl:
Reply

......
08-30-2007, 08:27 PM
anyone? plz
Reply

The Ruler
08-30-2007, 08:33 PM
:sl:

I don't have proof for what I am to say, but, you don't have to. But it is one of the best practices. Why would one not want to thank the One who had given them much good and yet deem thanking a fellow homo sapien for a minuscule good necessary; almost compulsory?

:w:
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
yigiter187
08-30-2007, 08:39 PM
this is what ı think...
if u do sth (fasting,readin qoran) to waNt sth FROM ALLAH,it indicates that u want it from ur heart,that will be a powerful wish...omg my eng is very bad :(
Reply

The Ruler
08-30-2007, 08:43 PM
Originally Posted by yigiter187
this is what ı think...
if u do sth (fasting,readin qoran) to waNt sth FROM ALLAH,it indicates that u want it from ur heart,that will be a powerful wish...omg my eng is very bad :(
Oh you're english is fine, its just that you misunderstood the question. :) The thread-maker asked whether fasting, reading Qur'an, praying is necessary to do for one once the wish is granted.

And another point is, dear thread-maker, what you've mentioned [i.e. prayer, fasting, dhikr/thanking Allah] is mandatory regardless of what is given to you. But if your prayer/du'a is granted, it is good for you to show your appreciation.

:w:
Reply

......
08-30-2007, 08:49 PM
And another point is, dear thread-maker, what you've mentioned [i.e. prayer, fasting, dhikr/thanking Allah] is mandatory regardless of what is given to you. But if your prayer/du'a is granted, it is good for you to show your appreciation.
^^^ yeah I kno its a good thing....

but like what I asked was like.....is there some kind of procedure to do...which guarantees your wish would be granted?......and when the wish is granted you HAVE to do some thing for allah like the readin quran, fasting for a certain amount of time etc....
Reply

jzcasejz
08-30-2007, 09:16 PM
As-Salaamu'alaykum

Originally Posted by ......
^^^ yeah I kno its a good thing....

but like what I asked was like.....is there some kind of procedure to do...which guarantees your wish would be granted?......and when the wish is granted you HAVE to do some thing for allah like the readin quran, fasting for a certain amount of time etc....
Allaah knows best Bro. It'll only be granted by the Qadr of Allaah (SWT). So yeah, maybe there are good times to make Dua for your wish/Dua to be answered (i.e. Tahajjud etc...) but you gotta know that you have to have Sabr when making Dua and not lose hope in any way. If a wish or Dua gets granted, then Alhamdulillaah...but if it doesn't reach you...then it's out of Allaah (SWT)'s Wisdom Bro, so we should always be hopeful and have patience.

Originally Posted by ......
and when the wish is granted you HAVE to do some thing for allah like the readin quran, fasting for a certain amount of time etc....
I don't have any proof of what to do in these situations...but as with every good news that reaches us, we as Muslims have to show our gratitude towards Allaah (SWT)...so the ones you have listed, such as reading Quran and fasting, all sound like good ways in showing gratefulness towards Allaah (SWT). But as I've said, I don't have any authentic proof of exactly what to do in these situatons.

Allaahu A'lam.
Reply

sapphire
08-30-2007, 09:28 PM
just a point to add....dont turn to Allah (s.w.t) only when u want a dua to be accepted.....he is always there for us looking out for us....also turn to him even if there is no particular dua you want to ask...usually its when something doesnt go according to the way we want it we seem to turn to Allah (s.w.t) but if everyday without us asking Allah (s.w.t) didnt do things for us we would then realize how much we need to turn to him.......

non the same...i think u have confused making a 'vow' to do so and so if ur dua comes true with not making a vow just making a dua and it coming true.

if you vow for example to keep a certain number of fasts or reading a certain number of rakaats of nafil salaah say for example if u pass your exams and then u do pass your exams then u have to keep the vowed fasts or read the salah....

i dont exactly have proof of all tht^ its just from memory to what i have studied......(thats out of behesti zewar by Maulana ashraf ali thanvi)

if i have said any wrong then Insha'Allah someone will correct me.....

hope what i said made some sense Insha'Allah....

EDIT: looks like i took so long to post many ppl have posted again b4 me so im sorry if i have repeated anything anyone has said!
Reply

yigiter187
08-30-2007, 09:34 PM
Originally Posted by ......
oo okay thanks for your help brother, lol theres something I really want sooo much and i've begged Allah every time, e.g. after prayer, before prayer, when i'm walkin, before I go sleep etc...lol...I even tryed that thing where you pray 2 Rakah's Sunnah before fajar prayer and the 2 Rukah before jumah prayer...lol...
dont forget" doctor gives the medicine us that he thinks it is beneficial to us,to our illness;he doesnt give the medicine that we want from him"
Reply

......
08-30-2007, 09:35 PM
Originally Posted by yigiter187
dont forget" doctor gives the medicine us that he thinks it is beneficial to us,to our illness;he doesnt give the medicine that we want from him"
lol yeah i know...but still nothin can happen without the will of Allah so ya know lol....
Reply

yigiter187
08-30-2007, 09:38 PM
Originally Posted by ......
lol yeah i know...but still nothin can happen without the will of Allah so ya know lol....
have ı said sth very comic..?:cry:
Reply

......
08-30-2007, 09:40 PM
Originally Posted by yigiter187
have ı said sth very comic..?:cry:
nah, its jus me I'm used 2 sayin 'lol' everytime for some reason
Reply

yigiter187
08-30-2007, 09:45 PM
no problem then.....:)
Reply

chaste
08-31-2007, 10:37 PM
Originally Posted by sapphire
just a point to add....dont turn to Allah (s.w.t) only when u want a dua to be accepted.....he is always there for us looking out for us....also turn to him even if there is no particular dua you want to ask...usually its when something doesnt go according to the way we want it we seem to turn to Allah (s.w.t) but if everyday without us asking Allah (s.w.t) didnt do things for us we would then realize how much we need to turn to him.......
that's true. you should always turn to Allah.
Reply

Ghira
08-31-2007, 11:22 PM
Originally Posted by maryam11
:sl:
first of all, brother/sister, please make sure that whatever someone tells you, to make sure that it is authentic. i.e approved by allah and His messenger, sallahu alehyi wa salam.
since i don't know the answer to this, i suggest you see a reliable scholar. such as the one on islam-qa.com. really good, mashallah.
:sl:
:sl:
I agree with this answer the most. JazakAllahu khair for sister who wrote this. I am not a scholar myself and I cannot answer your question completely. I will only give my suggestion. First, I would like to say when you are praying, reading Qur'an, or fasting you are never doing it for your Creator, Allah (swt). You are always benefitting yourself and your future. These things are prescribed for us for a purpose so that we have peace, stability, and order in our lives. Otherwise we will be in non-stop confusion about purpose of life and our existence. Take prayer for example. Allah (swt) says in the Quran in Surah Taha "Establish prayer for my remembrance." Also Allah (swt) says that "In the remembrance of Allah do hearts find peace/tranquility." Link these two ayahs and a person understands one purpose of prayer is to remember Allah so that your heart and you in general will be at peace. Fasting is for your benefit and also reading Qur'an is also. There are certain things you can do for the du'a to get accepted and there are many thing, I will only give you some suggestions.

1) Be sincere in your du'a. Understand your role as a slave of Allah who is asking The Lord of the Worlds for something. Main thing is Know your Role and know WHO you are asking/talking to. The Qur'an will help you understand your Creator. This includes being sincere in prayers and knowing what you are saying in prayers.

2) If you are old enough make sure your money is halal. Your source of income has to be pure. There is hadith about someone who is qualified for du'a being accepted except that his source of income is haram.

3) The time you make du'a can help. Make the du'a at time of tahajjud, time in Friday if you make du'a it will be accepted (scholars have difference of opinion on when it is -around time of Jummah prayer before/after khutbah), many other times including Laylatul Qadir (Night of Power/Divine Decree).

4) Making du'a while in sujood can help as you are closest to your Creator in that position.

5) Salawatul Nabi (saw), "Durood sharif", after the du'a

6) Fasting of a person can help as person who fasts their du'a is accepted. Or tell your Mom to make du'a for you as their du'a is accepted.

There is so much more but I am sure if you do that then the Prophet (saw) said that when you make a du'a one of three things can happen.
a) Your du'a accepted
b) You will be rewarded for the du'a on the day of judgement
c) A harm that was decreed for you will be taken out in this life.

I maybe missing one more thing that may happen to you maybe the moderator can help me. I am sure one of those things will happen, by will of Allah (swt). Allah knows best.

:w:
Reply

......
09-01-2007, 02:51 PM
Originally Posted by Ghira
:sl:
I agree with this answer the most. JazakAllahu khair for sister who wrote this. I am not a scholar myself and I cannot answer your question completely. I will only give my suggestion. First, I would like to say when you are praying, reading Qur'an, or fasting you are never doing it for your Creator, Allah (swt). You are always benefitting yourself and your future. These things are prescribed for us for a purpose so that we have peace, stability, and order in our lives. Otherwise we will be in non-stop confusion about purpose of life and our existence. Take prayer for example. Allah (swt) says in the Quran in Surah Taha "Establish prayer for my remembrance." Also Allah (swt) says that "In the remembrance of Allah do hearts find peace/tranquility." Link these two ayahs and a person understands one purpose of prayer is to remember Allah so that your heart and you in general will be at peace. Fasting is for your benefit and also reading Qur'an is also. There are certain things you can do for the du'a to get accepted and there are many thing, I will only give you some suggestions.

1) Be sincere in your du'a. Understand your role as a slave of Allah who is asking The Lord of the Worlds for something. Main thing is Know your Role and know WHO you are asking/talking to. The Qur'an will help you understand your Creator. This includes being sincere in prayers and knowing what you are saying in prayers.

2) If you are old enough make sure your money is halal. Your source of income has to be pure. There is hadith about someone who is qualified for du'a being accepted except that his source of income is haram.

3) The time you make du'a can help. Make the du'a at time of tahajjud, time in Friday if you make du'a it will be accepted (scholars have difference of opinion on when it is -around time of Jummah prayer before/after khutbah), many other times including Laylatul Qadir (Night of Power/Divine Decree).

4) Making du'a while in sujood can help as you are closest to your Creator in that position.

5) Salawatul Nabi (saw), "Durood sharif", after the du'a

6) Fasting of a person can help as person who fasts their du'a is accepted. Or tell your Mom to make du'a for you as their du'a is accepted.

There is so much more but I am sure if you do that then the Prophet (saw) said that when you make a du'a one of three things can happen.
a) Your du'a accepted
b) You will be rewarded for the du'a on the day of judgement
c) A harm that was decreed for you will be taken out in this life.

I maybe missing one more thing that may happen to you maybe the moderator can help me. I am sure one of those things will happen, by will of Allah (swt). Allah knows best.

:w:
o, thanks for this info....bro
Reply

Khaldun
09-02-2007, 03:19 AM
:sl:

Brother yigiter187 please provide evidence for saying what you mentioned 4444 times.


Also I do not want to repeat what have been said but I think you confused "Nadr" vow, meaning you vow to Allah that if He accepts your dua you will do such and such a deed, but it is not recommended as the prophet (salalahu alyhi wassalam) said as reported by Muslim.

Ibn Umar reported that Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) forbade (people) taking vows, and said: It does not (necessarily) bring good (in the form of substantial,and tangible results), but it is the means whereby something is extracted from the miserly persons.

However if a person falls into this then he is required to fulfill his vow as Allah said;

...and fulfill the promise; surely (every) promise shall be questioned about.[Surah Israa Ayah 34]

And His the most High statment about those who will enter paradise.

They fulfill vows and fear a day the evil of which shall be spreading far and wide.[Surah Dahr Ayah 7]
Reply

......
09-02-2007, 02:48 PM
Originally Posted by Khaldun
:sl:

Brother yigiter187 please provide evidence for saying what you mentioned 4444 times.


Also I do not want to repeat what have been said but I think you confused "Nadr" vow, meaning you vow to Allah that if He accepts your dua you will do such and such a deed, but it is not recommended as the prophet (salalahu alyhi wassalam) said as reported by Muslim.

Ibn Umar reported that Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) forbade (people) taking vows, and said: It does not (necessarily) bring good (in the form of substantial,and tangible results), but it is the means whereby something is extracted from the miserly persons.

However if a person falls into this then he is required to fulfill his vow as Allah said;

...and fulfill the promise; surely (every) promise shall be questioned about.[Surah Israa Ayah 34]

And His the most High statment about those who will enter paradise.

They fulfill vows and fear a day the evil of which shall be spreading far and wide.[Surah Dahr Ayah 7]
yeah thats what I meant....to say but I think I didn't word it properly.....

Like a promise/vow to Allah that if He accepts your dua you will do such and such a deed....

What do u do........and is the vow a certain saying or recitiation???
Reply

------
09-02-2007, 02:55 PM
:salamext:

In Urdu, It's called 'Mannat Maangna'.

It's like for example:

"If this person's operation is successful then I will pray 30 nafls Inshaa Allaah.'

OR

"If I have a son, then I will perform Umrah Inshaa Allaah".

I'm sure you get the idea....
Reply

Khaldun
09-02-2007, 09:47 PM
:sl:

There is not a specific saying as such, other then that the person vows to Allah whatever he intends, but as said before it is better you obstain from it.
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!