/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Poster of the Month

Batoota
09-07-2005, 07:50 PM
:sl:

WEll! I have a little suggestion, don't know what the others will think of it, but here goes nothing! (Well it's actually a something, but i meant, I'll just take a chance.)

You know how the "rep" points encourage people to post good, thoughtful posts? Well..........what if we also added a little more spice? What if you somehow (i don't know if it would be only moderators or the admin or what :confused: ) picked a "Poster of the month." (Or week..or 2 weeks..or whatever amount of time. I mean it would be kinda hard for a month since there could be so0o0 many good posts in one month.......:zip: so whatever suits you guys...if it suits u at all...)

I know it would be really hard to figure out and everything- I just thought it would help increase more and more intelligent posts! :thumbs_up

:w: :sister:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muezzin
09-07-2005, 07:53 PM

Good idea.

So long as it does not, repeat does not, depend on post-count. That'd just lead to spamming. Trust me, I know. :p

:w:

S_87
09-07-2005, 07:57 PM
i second the idea :thumbs_up

MinAhlilHadeeth
09-07-2005, 07:58 PM
:AsWrWb:
Yeh, I agree. That does sound like a good idea. Maybe there should be some kind of vote. I don't know if that would work or not. It's up2 the admins I guess.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hajar
09-07-2005, 09:16 PM

Yeah I like the idea :shade:

Ummu Amatullah
09-07-2005, 09:27 PM
:clever:

Batoota
09-08-2005, 08:33 AM

^ Oh yeah, that's a smart way to cut down on the spamming! :thumbs_up , :appalud:

OKay! So that leaves us with: 1- does the admin like the idea. 2- how hard would it be to pick one poster? :confused:

Umm Yoosuf
09-08-2005, 02:10 PM
Masha Allah it seems a good idea....

kadafi
09-08-2005, 04:52 PM

Member of the month voting booth has been added.

Click on 'Quick Links' at the top and select 'Member of the Month'

To nominate a member, simply click the link thats 'Nominate Now' under his/her avatar, write the reason for the nomination and click on the submit button

BlissfullyJaded
09-08-2005, 04:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zAk
btw can v Nominate ourself too :p

;)
LOL! They're waaaay ahead of you. ;D

format_quote Originally Posted by Rules
1) You may not vote or nominate yourself.
Anyways, this is a great idea. :thumbs_up Jazakallah khair for puttin it into effect bro kadafi. :sister:

kadafi
09-08-2005, 05:02 PM
oooooops:zip:

but I tried nominating myself n they r allowing !:-[

Lol, you cannot nominate yourself. Once you click submit [after writin' the reason for nomination], you will receive an error.

Mr. Baldy
09-08-2005, 05:02 PM
I nominte bro 350z... he is decent brother, with good posts...

Muezzin
09-08-2005, 05:03 PM

Cool. Jazaks for the addition, bro Kadafi :)

So... what actually happens once someone wins? Do they just get 'poster of the month' status, or do they receive a nifty prize as well? :p

Batoota
09-08-2005, 05:54 PM

OMG! I am so surprised! That happened so quick. i was preparing myself with ayaat like "خِتَامُهُ مِسْكٌ وَفِي ذَلِكَ فَلْيَتَنَافَسِ الْمُتَنَافِسُونَ" so that i could convince the admin that a little competition would be good! Jazak Allah koli khair! I'm thrilled!!

So... what actually happens once someone wins? Do they just get 'poster of the month' status, or do they receive a nifty prize as well?
isn't the prize knowing your words counted? :thumbs_up :coolsis:

Lol, you cannot nominate yourself. Once you click submit [after writin' the reason for nomination], you will receive an error.
;D :thumbs_up

kadafi
09-08-2005, 06:00 PM

It's time to start nominating people. Up to now, only one member has been nominated which is brother 350z

In order for the poll to kickstart, it requires a min of 5 nominations! Go and nominate!

Uthman
09-08-2005, 06:16 PM

Excellent idea! It should be a great motivational factor InshaAllah and JazakAllahu Khayran for adding it o hard-working admin.

P.S. No, I'm not playing admin's pet.

Batoota
09-09-2005, 03:29 PM

Umm what happens if you want to change your vote? I mean right now there is a different person who has been nominated than this morning when i voted.

:confused: :sister:

Muezzin
09-09-2005, 07:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Batoota

Umm what happens if you want to change your vote? I mean right now there is a different person who has been nominated than this morning when i voted.

:confused: :sister:
You cannae change your vote, lassie! T'would be inconsitutional! :p

Batoota
09-10-2005, 12:20 PM

^loq. But i didn't necessarily mean i did want to change my vote . I was talking more about the accuracy of the thing- i mean, let's be honest- since that person was nominated last he didn't get a chance to get all the votes he might have gotten. :confused:. Would the others have received all those votes if he had bee nominated in the first place? <-- that's pretty much what I'm trying to get at!

However, i'm not trying to add more work to the admin!! Changing everybody's vote could take a long time, right? I just wanted to point this out so that it won't happen again next month, insha Allah! :thumbs_up

Jazak Allah koli khair!

A7med
09-13-2005, 08:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin

Good idea.

So long as it does not, repeat does not, depend on post-count. That'd just lead to spamming. Trust me, I know. :p

YEA U WOULD KNOW ALL ABOUT THAT!!!!!! :zip:

Muezzin
09-13-2005, 08:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by brown clown
YEAH THAT'S WHY I SAID IT!!!!

WHY ARE WE TYPING IN CAPS? :p

A7med
09-13-2005, 08:22 PM
YEAH THAT'S WHY I SAID IT!!!!

WHY ARE WE TYPING IN CAPS? :p
SEE ^^^^^^ :offtopic: :-[ :zip:

BTW good idea sis :)

Muezzin
09-13-2005, 08:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by brown clown
And your message is not off-topic?

Jeez... :p

Ibn Abi Ahmed
09-14-2005, 02:22 PM

yea that member was me :zip: i read the rules after voting ;D ;D ;D srry :-[

aamirsaab
09-14-2005, 02:54 PM
lol ahmed

kadafi
09-14-2005, 05:24 PM

Jazaka'Allaahu khairun for detecting the glitch. It allowed members who belonged to two usergroups to vote twice.

Fixed it now!

Ibn Abi Ahmed
09-14-2005, 05:33 PM
Ahmed belong to two usergroups ? :eek:

u mean tht Bro's section as well as Sis's ? :eek:

ooooooooh......:zip:

maybe their thinking of making me a mod ;)

Ibn Abi Ahmed
09-14-2005, 05:41 PM
v don't make a member, MOD, who can suit in both the groups..........:zip:

ok now, v r OFFTOPIC ! :-[

didnt get that part in bold.

asi17
09-28-2005, 10:12 PM
wheres the posters then

Uthman
09-28-2005, 10:15 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by asi17
wheres the posters then
Here you go:

http://www.islamicboard.com/mc_pollb...ooth&boothid=1

:w: :)

Umm Yoosuf
09-28-2005, 10:23 PM
We should have a reporter for the poster of the month loq....well at the moment Brother zaK is in lead with brother Far7an 2nd, brother Osman 3rd, in 4th place is brother madeenahsh and 5th place brother 350z.

Far7an
10-01-2005, 06:27 AM

Winner is zAk :brother::D

Batoota
10-01-2005, 04:25 PM

Congratulations :thumbs_up

Uthman
10-01-2005, 06:40 PM

Congratulations zAk! This is well-deserved! :D

Protected_Diamond
10-01-2005, 07:13 PM
well done bro!!!

Ibn Abi Ahmed
10-01-2005, 07:14 PM

Congrats dear brother zAk. Well deserved award Mashallah :D

TEH
10-01-2005, 07:16 PM
Masha Allah, but honestly if we did it like that, Zak would win every month...

:smiles:

Maybe, only the public should be allowed to win...

Zuko
10-01-2005, 07:17 PM

lol.....

all the same, congrats....

Hajar
10-01-2005, 09:01 PM

Congratulations bro.... :thumbs_up

Ibn Abi Ahmed
10-02-2005, 03:17 PM

Does that mean we cannot nominate anyone anymore? I had 2 more people i wanted to nominate in mind.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
10-02-2005, 03:18 PM

forget it:

5) Only 5 nominations will be accepted.

Ameeratul Layl
10-02-2005, 03:20 PM
I should be the 'poster of the month.' I've participated in all threads (almost) and have been a very keen and active member (not to mention....a bit of a bug as well....but that cums free so no worries ;D ;D )

Allah ma3ak :coolsis:

Zuko
10-02-2005, 03:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ameeratul Layl
I should be the 'poster of the month.'.....
Yeah sure... :p

Ameeratul Layl
10-02-2005, 03:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aalimah
Yeah sure... :p

Its not gud to be jealous sister, u should be aware of that by now ;D ;D ;D

Allah ma3ak ;)

Uthman
10-02-2005, 03:27 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by ahmed687
Does that mean we cannot nominate anyone anymore? I had 2 more people i wanted to nominate in mind.
7) You may nominate more than one person. :)

Ibn Abi Ahmed
10-02-2005, 03:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Osman

7) You may nominate more than one person. :)

But the 5 slots have been filled :) Inshallah next month then :)

Ameeratul Layl
10-02-2005, 03:28 PM

Errr...hello....why wud u want to nominate someone else if you have me :p (shame on you ppl ;D )

Allah ma3ak

Uthman
10-02-2005, 03:29 PM

Be a good boy, and I just might nominate you next month. :D

Zuko
10-02-2005, 03:30 PM
Its not gud to be jealous sister, u should be aware of that by now ;D ;D ;D

Allah ma3ak ;)
:offtopic: :beard: :offtopic:

Ameeratul Layl
10-02-2005, 03:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Osman

Be a good boy, and I just might nominate you next month. :D

Im a woman not a man...how dare u call me a boy? ;D ;D

Whats wrong with nominatong me this month? :p

Ibn Abi Ahmed
10-02-2005, 03:31 PM

Errr...hello....why wud u want to nominate someone else if you have me :p (shame on you ppl ;D )

Allah ma3ak

Wait patiently and maybe you will get a nomination, but dont expect it this month becuase the 5 slots have been fulfilled.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
10-02-2005, 03:31 PM

Im a woman not a man...how dare u call me a boy? ;D ;D

Whats wrong with nominatong me this month? :p

He was (i think) talking to me. The 5 nominations positions have been fulfilled.

Ameeratul Layl
10-02-2005, 03:33 PM

Wait patiently and maybe you will get a nomination, but dont expect it this month becuase the 5 slots have been fulfilled.

:-[ :-[ :-[ No one going to nominate me then...fair enuf Im packing my bags and leaving. ;D ;D

Allah ma3ak
by the way...how do we find out who is nominated and where are the names of those who are nominated so far?

Ibn Abi Ahmed
10-02-2005, 03:34 PM

Here:

http://www.islamicboard.com/mc_pollb...ooth&boothid=2

Zuko
10-02-2005, 03:35 PM

EDIT

Ameeratul Layl
10-02-2005, 03:42 PM

Errr. brother....It seems that u have been nominated as one of the 'posters of the month' and the last person to write something gud about u was......me! But u see, that was not meant to be for you....its was for sum1 else cuz when I saw that persons avator picture I thought that person was being nominated. Your not really funny and Im not sure if you speak sence when you speak. But, bcuz u have been voted for....I will let you keep those kind words.

Hpe u win (even though I shud be in your place right now ;D )

Allah ma3ak

Ameeratul Layl
10-02-2005, 03:49 PM

Its wen u are serious that ppl think of you as a bossy boot but when you show them that there are fun ways (Islamically) to communicate, then you are excpeted more.

Serious? Nope, only wen I have to :p

Ibn Abi Ahmed
10-02-2005, 04:13 PM

Not to get off-topic but joking all the time is not exactly a good quality escpecially for a sister in a place where there are brothers like this forums. Try being all funny in your gender room thats why they are there.

Ameeratul Layl
10-02-2005, 04:21 PM

Not to get off-topic but joking all the time is not exactly a good quality escpecially for a sister in a place where there are brothers like this forums. Try being all funny in your gender room thats why they are there.

I get the point brother...but not having bros and sisters of your own can get a bit lonely. Thats why...I always turn to the forum :coolsis:

Dont worry, Ill keep ur point in mind. I think we are going off topic but I just wanted to prove my point.

Sorry mods.........but I dont think u wud have liked it if I Pm br ahmad so I wrote wat I had to write on the board.Sorry again.

Allah ma3ak

eyes_of_mine
10-02-2005, 09:01 PM
not to hijack the topic, but how rude you are Ahmed687 . dont get all up yourself brother and try to have a sense of humour wont go a miss. salam

Shadow
10-02-2005, 09:19 PM
wht the??
the nominations of last month are finished?
i was oblivious about this
how come no one told me:(
i wanted to nominate brother Ansar for this month but when i checked it out all the slots were taken so i voted brother Steve
:D

Umm Yoosuf
10-02-2005, 09:39 PM
loq Gandalf. You can't nominations admins anyway.

Masha Allah! zaK Congratulations brother!!!!!!!

Ibn Abi Ahmed
10-02-2005, 09:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by eyes_of_mine
not to hijack the topic, but how rude you are Ahmed687 . dont get all up yourself brother and try to have a sense of humour wont go a miss. salam

Am i coorect in saying that u say im mean becasue of this post:

Well, im srry that you took it that way sister, but i spoke the truth and if affected you harshly then so be it. My intentions were good. Allah knows best.

eyes_of_mine
10-02-2005, 09:45 PM
yes your correct, I thought you was harsh to the sister there, we can have a sense of humour its not haram ( in the right joke way) anyway your intentions are good im sure.

Ansar Al-'Adl
10-03-2005, 03:03 AM
hmmmm....Sisters on the forum are too slow! How come we have no sisters nominated for this month either? I think Sisters need to plan for next month and get in on the action, inshaa'Allah. :D

ps. Off-topic posts were deleted from this thread.

baby_muslimah15
10-03-2005, 04:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Batoota

WEll! I have a little suggestion, don't know what the others will think of it, but here goes nothing! (Well it's actually a something, but i meant, I'll just take a chance.)

You know how the "rep" points encourage people to post good, thoughtful posts? Well..........what if we also added a little more spice? What if you somehow (i don't know if it would be only moderators or the admin or what :confused: ) picked a "Poster of the month." (Or week..or 2 weeks..or whatever amount of time. I mean it would be kinda hard for a month since there could be so0o0 many good posts in one month.......:zip: so whatever suits you guys...if it suits u at all...)

I know it would be really hard to figure out and everything- I just thought it would help increase more and more intelligent posts! :thumbs_up

Salaamz, thats a good idea!!!! and what muezzin said(although I cant remember what he said) but I think it was a good idea!!!! (dunno) Salaamz ;)

Noor
10-03-2005, 05:10 AM

Hey! I'm a sister and if y'all want to nominate me, then please do so.

JazakAllah Khair in advance ;)

Ameeratul Layl
10-03-2005, 07:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ansar Al-'Adl
hmmmm....Sisters on the forum are too slow! How come we have no sisters nominated for this month either? I think Sisters need to plan for next month and get in on the action, inshaa'Allah. :D

Believe me....I'll get there InshAllah. :p

Ameeratul Layl
10-03-2005, 07:34 AM
:sl: brother Zak,

I just wanted to say....
-
:crickey:....you cant be the poster of the month ;) ..........only joking! ;D

bravo: :bravo: Keep it up brother but not for too long because I wish to be the next one in line ;D ;D

: :bravo: :rock: :rock:

:aboo: :aboo: :aboo: :aboo: :aboo:
Well deserved brother...... :coolsis:

Allah ma3ak :sister:

Danish
10-03-2005, 09:14 AM
yep, congrats wAk...u deserver a bAt in the bAk now :)

Zuko
10-03-2005, 11:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ansar Al-Haq

How are we supposed to know when to nominate dudettes anyway? On the 1st or the last day of the previous month? I had no idea when to nominate and when I did find out was when br. zAk asked people to start voting... :-\

pious_hijabi
10-03-2005, 11:46 PM
I think it's an awesome idea because it encourages us to become active in this forum.

Umm Yoosuf
10-04-2005, 10:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ansar Al-Haq

This month? As in october?

Why reply to the thread was deleted? Was it off topic? :p

Umm Yoosuf
10-04-2005, 10:16 AM
Oh hehehe sorrrry.

How comes i can't see the 5 ppl that have been nominated then?

Umm Yoosuf
10-04-2005, 08:00 PM
:omg: I cnt believe it! When did ppl start voting? I wasn't even aware of it :-[ .... Thats what Ansar meant by sister are slow! :D

Shadow
10-17-2005, 02:32 AM
i have a suggestion which shud be taken into consideration
my suggestion is tht we shud blank out the number of ppl who voted on someone
and also the comments can be given by any members(full members ofcourse;))
if we blank out the number of ppl who voted on who then the losers(no offense) will not be sad with the out come
okay let me make this simpler if someone didnt understand yet

suppose there r 2 ppl okay

Dude A

and

Gandalf B

suppose we have this voting thingy
and Dude A is very well known in the forum but Gandalf B thinks hes popular too
so they r both nominated but one of them has to win
Dude A makes a nice speech and thanks everyone who will vote for him
Gandalf B makes a small and very humorless joke in which he thinks tht ppl will vote for him
but due to this joke Gandalf B gets NO votes at all
and Dude A wins the ppls hearts with 19890804 ppl voting on his side
now its going to be natural for Gandalf B to feel a bit ashamed am i right?
so tht is where my suggestion comes in
suppose this tuk place and the number of votes were blanked out

and Gandalf B still loses, he still has his dignity in this case because he will think to himself
"wow Dude A might have won but im sure he just won by one extra vote;)"
and Dude A wudnt have any hard feelings either because he won so hes got nothing much to worry about in this issue

so in conclusion i just want to say tht the vote number shud be blanked out so the nominees dont have any hard feelings when they lose:)

thanx for taking the time to read this

Zuko
10-17-2005, 02:41 AM
^^interesting suggestion...

Din-al-Islam
10-17-2005, 03:11 AM
Salam alaykum

congratulations to zAk

Halima
10-17-2005, 03:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jannah
:omg: I cnt believe it! When did ppl start voting? I wasn't even aware of it :-[ .... Thats what Ansar meant by sister are slow! :D
True :)

Zuko
10-17-2005, 07:07 PM

Tht was a cool suggestion bro :)

But....... i think, getting nominated in the TOP5 out of the present thousands of members, is in itself a biiiiiig honour :D n n makes u feel something SPECIAL :)
don't u think ? :)
Yeah sure zAk... Rub it in everyone's face... :p

Noor
10-17-2005, 07:10 PM

Pardon me but I'm a little computer illiterate...my question is...how come I cannot vote???

I've been wanting to vote for some time now, but it's telling me I can't. :mad:

Need help...to vote for some sisters. ;)

Ansar Al-'Adl
10-17-2005, 08:02 PM
There are no sisters nominated this month, so how can you vote for them? Nominating and voting are different. If you want to vote for some sisters you'll have to be quick and nominate them at the beginning of next month, inshaa'Allah.

Noor
10-17-2005, 08:07 PM

I'm confused (and a little hungry) ....what's the difference betweem nominating and voting?

- Qatada -
10-17-2005, 08:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Noor

Pardon me but I'm a little computer illiterate...my question is...how come I cannot vote???

I've been wanting to vote for some time now, but it's telling me I can't. :mad:

Need help...to vote for some sisters. ;)

wa alykum asalam warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

sis you can vote.. but keep in mind - the people that were nominated were all brothers.

to vote, go on top of the page where it says 'quick links' (click on it) - 'li voting booth' - 'member of the month' (click on that.) and insha Allah you should be able to vote.

or you can just click on the following link to get there:

http://www.islamicboard.com/mc_pollb...ooth&boothid=2

to get a sister nominated - you click on 'nominate' below their nickname on the forum and tell the reason for it.. after this, if they have enough nominations for the next month, they can be in the top 5 and be voted for insha Allah.

barak Allah u feeki.

wasalam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

Umm Yoosuf
10-17-2005, 08:12 PM
Noor loq...insha Allah you'll get there next month.

- Qatada -
10-17-2005, 08:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Noor

I'm confused (and a little hungry) ....what's the difference betweem nominating and voting?

wa alykum asalam warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

people get nominated at the beginning and whichever 5 people get the most nominations are entered into the voting section, out of these 5 people - the winner is the one who wins in the votes. insha Allah that should explain it.

Allah u a'lam. (Allah (swt) knows best.)

wasalam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

Noor
10-17-2005, 08:15 PM

JazakAllahKhair Brother,

I think I'll just stick to reading and posting on this forum. Voting and nominating is just a little too complicating for me.

But hey, no wonder the brothers are the ones winning.

rukx
10-18-2005, 08:04 PM
yh quite a good idea..........

Halima
10-19-2005, 12:40 AM
There are no sisters nominated this month, so how can you vote for them? Nominating and voting are different. If you want to vote for some sisters you'll have to be quick and nominate them at the beginning of next month, inshaa'Allah.

how can we nominate for someone if by the time we read the inscriptions about nomination there's someone that's already been nominated :-\

Zuko
10-19-2005, 06:18 PM
just don't act like the slow sisters :p
:anger: :anger: :anger: Someone's in trouble now....

Protected_Diamond
10-19-2005, 06:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aalimah
:anger: :anger: :anger: Someone's in trouble now....
:sl: warhmatulahi wabarakthu
lol...yeah bro zak there's no need 2 b sexist...hehe..juss had 2 add that 2 support ma sis

:w: warhmatulahi wabarakthu

Halima
10-20-2005, 02:11 AM
tht's wat the br sed :)

just don't act like the slow sisters :p
Yu don't have room to talk cuz your slow yourself :shade:

P.s : Stop using tht smiley ! ^ it doesn't suits anybody other than me ! :-\
My computer says that you should stop being stingy.

Muezzin
10-20-2005, 08:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Halima
My computer says that you should stop being stingy.
You know what my computer says? Vote for Me! AHAHAHAHAHA

Ahem.

Zuko
10-22-2005, 01:03 AM
Waiting for the fires!

Wait, I mean 'fries'.... Yeah and I hope we mean the same thing when I say fries...

Anyway, at first, it looked like muezzin was going to be the winner for sure... But not likely, abdullah saood is in the lead... and I'm surprised minaz got some votes :p ;) anyway, can't wait till its over, cuz then I'll be nominating a very special person... Someone close to my heart (no it isn't spongebob or my mom)...:p :shade:

Halima
10-22-2005, 01:41 AM
You know what my computer says? Vote for Me! AHAHAHAHAHA

Ahem.

I think I had already voted for you so you know what? Slow down your horses :)

I had even voted for Zak the first time, and he should be thanking me! If it wasn't for that one extra vote.. no wait...if I hadn't even took the time to look...if I hadn't even read the nomiinees... wait...if my computer hadn't even told me who to vote for... he would'nt have that award! Right zak!? ;)

Shadow
10-22-2005, 03:03 AM
You know what my computer says? Vote for Me! HAHAHAHAHA

Ahem.
u must have programed ur computer to say tht
i tried to program my computer once
and it just laughed at me:'(
i have a strange feeling tht the computer has been playing with my mind :p
neways bak to topic

i still stand strong on my position on the suggestion tht we SHUD BLANK OUT THE NUMBER OF VOTES!!!!!!!!!

Batoota
10-30-2005, 11:41 AM
:sl:I just saw what Gandalf wrote. i agree :D blanking out the number of votes would probably be more considerate of the nominee's feelings, and will keep it more objective- i'm sure some people see the "number" of votes and are swayed to vote...Anyways, is something wrong with the poster of the month thing? i can't access the link to it- i wanted to vote today since i assumed it was the last day- but when i clicked on "quick links" i didn't see it? :(:w:

Shadow
10-30-2005, 12:35 PM
^
tht happened to me once too but tht was only because the list was soo long tht i needed to scroll down to see tht option:p

Ameeratul Layl
10-30-2005, 12:47 PM

ppl ppl.....Lets not make a big who haa about this voting business. Just vote for me and ull all live happily ever after....;D

*Ahem*

Sorry, its the lack of food......making me go a bit lardee daa.:p

Allah ma3akum:D

Ibn Abi Ahmed
10-31-2005, 04:18 PM

Where is the poll? and there is no "nominate now" option under anyone's name.

Batoota
10-31-2005, 10:29 PM

^ See! I knew something was up! :confused:

Umm Yoosuf
11-01-2005, 12:13 PM
Oh i see :(

MetSudaisTwice
11-01-2005, 12:14 PM
salam
who won member of october by the way?
wasalam

Muezzin
11-01-2005, 02:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by metsudaistwice
salam
who won member of october by the way?
wasalam
Officially, no one.

Technically, erm... Not me. :p

Batoota
11-02-2005, 01:04 PM

The POLL option has been removed, its sed, tht isn't compatible wid the new updated forum version
WEll! as long as LI is back up, then it's totally okay!

We all know that i would have won sometime soon anyways. :cool2:

*why are people taking out their hammers? :hiding: <--?! :ooh: ;) Just kidding*

H!fFy
11-02-2005, 01:23 PM
salaam

lol'zz dats gud no1 won so its all even :cool2: :)

Umm Yoosuf
11-16-2005, 02:16 AM

Whats happened to Member of the month :?

Ibn Abi Ahmed
11-16-2005, 02:23 AM

I think it was removed becuase it isnt compatible with the new update on teh forum and the new version. Allahu ALam.

Rabi'ya
11-16-2005, 11:45 AM
so, is member of the month coming back?

Rabi'ya:rose:

Ansar Al-'Adl
11-16-2005, 01:31 PM
If we can find a version of member of the month that is compatible with our new version of the forum, then inshaa'Allah we can continue member of the month.

Muezzin
11-16-2005, 02:13 PM
If we can find a version of member of the month that is compatible with our new version of the forum, then inshaa'Allah we can continue member of the month.

Why not just have it as a poll that changes every month? People nominate the member in the thread, they're put on the poll and voila, instant pseudo-political goodness.

MetSudaisTwice
11-16-2005, 02:22 PM
salam
lol such a quick and simple solution to the problem mashallah
wasalam

Muezzin
11-16-2005, 05:46 PM
hmmmm, but then there won't be tht award thingy tht went in the profile, n showed who won how many awards n for wat ...etc.
I'm sure you can sort something out ;)

Besides, who cares? It's not supposed to be some 'badge of honour', just AN honour. :p

either tht one which was b4, or nothing. !
lol, gotta love the conviction

sapphire
11-16-2005, 07:24 PM
so this is what i kept gettin emailed about...and i find it 2day...still confused by it...any1 care to explain?

Umm Yoosuf
11-16-2005, 07:30 PM
We sisters were really geared up for “member of the month” now look what happened loq. Alhamdulilaah though :)

Halima
11-18-2005, 02:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jannah
We sisters were really geared up for “member of the month” now look what happened loq. Alhamdulilaah though :)
That is becuase it was totally unexpected. you know so much can change in one day subhanallah. We never realize it until it does truly happen.

sapphire
11-18-2005, 01:24 PM
care to QUOTE the mail ? :-\

i have got 293 emails from LI...if you want to read through them all...then....and u never know after going through them all you may just find that i deleted it....

MetSudaisTwice
11-18-2005, 01:34 PM
salam
i really want the poster of the month to come back coz member of october was very close between me, bro muezzin and bro AS
wasalam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.