/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Mind me asking ?

Shabbaz
09-03-2007, 06:21 PM
Salam alaykum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh, dear brothers and sisters.

I've just registered in order to ask someting : why are we, muslims, so divided. Why are we arguing for each and every little detail we see in other people ? I'm wondering, you know.

I've read a few topics, both closed. In the first one, some of you were talking about music, and I was surprised to see a member giving informations based on some passages of the Qur'an and other hadeeths. But those were only in favour of the "forbidden" opinion of the scholars. May I remind you that there are scholars who pretend that music isn't forbidden ? It's too easy to say "those scholars are right, and those are not, they're just ignorants". Especially when it comes from people who haven't even studied islamology and history of Islam. If there are divergences between the scholars on that subject, it clearly means that there is no concrete answer to this particular question. Moreover, some hadeeths are bounded to particular contexts, sometimes, let's not forget that. That's why, when we want to state the arguments of some scholars, we must (!) state the counter-arguments. Islam has taught us to be fair, that's why we have to be objective, especially on subject about which there is no concrete answer. For example, Ibn Hazm's arguments about music are very interresting.

Secondly, I think, personally, that when we want to talk about a nasheed singer or a well-known muslim, we should pay attention. Why ? Well because of something about which we are far more sure in Islam : talking about someone in order to say dislikable things while he's not here is "giybat" , which is clearly haram. When we'll be judged, this particular will be asked to forgive us. So don't forget that talking about people is something about which we must be careful.

Finally, c'mon ! We are all muslims, brothers and sisters in Islam, so why don't we stop fighting about "oh you listen to music it's haram !". There are much more important issues in our societies, so let's focus on them. Because those little details divide us... Don't you remember the words of our prophet ? "Ummati, ummati !"

Peace be upon all of you, dear brothers and sisters ! Let's stick together 'cause these are difficult times. Salam alaykum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
NoName55
09-06-2007, 12:04 AM
edit :zip:

The_Prince
09-06-2007, 12:41 AM
salam, we are all guilty of one thing including myself, which is pride, its sad even if were wrong we will persist and argue because of our pride (including myself) pride is a very strong tool indeed :(

al-muslimah
09-06-2007, 01:10 AM
well music is haram with no doubt
about it and no scholar said it isn't haramand if you claim so you lie.The reason this ummah is disunited is the faultsofme and you.Obviously we have fallen in love with this materialistic world,the men have left jihad fisabilillah,women have taken their jilbabs off and therefore the messenger of Allah himself predicted this time.So our problemswon't be answered untilwe establish shariah of Allah, go back to jihad and this is going back to the religion for indeed today jihad has become a fard ayn'.

nas-allullahu 'afia.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
al Amaanah
09-06-2007, 01:17 AM
Allahumma ameen.

syilla
09-06-2007, 01:19 AM
Because everyone keep blaming others, pin point to others but never to ourselves...

Yanal
09-06-2007, 01:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Shabbaz
Salam alaykum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh, dear brothers and sisters.

I've just registered in order to ask someting : why are we, muslims, so divided. Why are we arguing for each and every little detail we see in other people ? I'm wondering, you know.

I've read a few topics, both closed. In the first one, some of you were talking about music, and I was surprised to see a member giving informations based on some passages of the Qur'an and other hadeeths. But those were only in favour of the "forbidden" opinion of the scholars. May I remind you that there are scholars who pretend that music isn't forbidden ? It's too easy to say "those scholars are right, and those are not, they're just ignorants". Especially when it comes from people who haven't even studied islamology and history of Islam. If there are divergences between the scholars on that subject, it clearly means that there is no concrete answer to this particular question. Moreover, some hadeeths are bounded to particular contexts, sometimes, let's not forget that. That's why, when we want to state the arguments of some scholars, we must (!) state the counter-arguments. Islam has taught us to be fair, that's why we have to be objective, especially on subject about which there is no concrete answer. For example, Ibn Hazm's arguments about music are very interresting.

Secondly, I think, personally, that when we want to talk about a nasheed singer or a well-known muslim, we should pay attention. Why ? Well because of something about which we are far more sure in Islam : talking about someone in order to say dislikable things while he's not here is "giybat" , which is clearly haram. When we'll be judged, this particular will be asked to forgive us. So don't forget that talking about people is something about which we must be careful.

Finally, c'mon ! We are all muslims, brothers and sisters in Islam, so why don't we stop fighting about "oh you listen to music it's haram !". There are much more important issues in our societies, so let's focus on them. Because those little details divide us... Don't you remember the words of our prophet ? "Ummati, ummati !"

Peace be upon all of you, dear brothers and sisters ! Let's stick together 'cause these are difficult times. Salam alaykum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh.
W'lakum asalam but brother we fight because we think we are wrong or right we fight because we think something is wrong we don't fight for fun we have a reason and if you joined to say this meaning if you get your question answered you won't come on or post anymore that is just wierd(no offense) you should explore islamicboard and see how peaceful we are and then how terrivle we are then ask this question again you are new and just a begginer anyway Allah(Swt) knows the best :w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.