/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Health benefits of Ramadan

somalidoc
09-10-2007, 02:27 AM
There has been much contention in the scientific field about whether or not fasting is beneficial to one's health. Fasting is an integral part of many of the major religions including Islam, Judaism and Christianity.
Many are dubious as to whether the physiological effects are as beneficial as the spiritual promoted by these religions.
There is a significant community of alternative healers who believe that fasting can do wonders for the human body.
Fasting can be used for nearly every chronic condition, including allergies, anxiety, arthritis, asthma, depression, diabetes, headaches, heart disease, high cholesterol, low blood sugar, digestive disorders, mental illness, and obesity.
Fasting is an effective and safe weight loss method. It is frequently prescribed as a detoxification treatment for those with conditions that may be influenced by environmental factors, such as cancer and multiple chemical sensitivity.
Fasting has been used successfully to help treat people who have been exposed to high levels of toxic materials due to accident or occupation.
Fasting is thought to be beneficial as a preventative measure to increase overall health, vitality, and resistance to disease.
Fasting is also used as a method of mental and spiritual rejuvenation.
Here are some approved cases which respond dramatically to fasting:
-Overcoming addictions
-Uterin fibroid tumors
-Back and neck problems
-Cardiovascular diseases
-Gastrointestinal disease
-Even the Diabetes in not an exception
Regards
http://www.somalidoc.com

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mpls_Muslim
09-10-2007, 11:45 AM
:sl: brother, nice to see this, I have heard a few people in my family especilly say that I will die and that fasting for such a long time is bad. They are christrain and do not want to embrace Islam so it is there loss in my opinion :)

Abdulah

IbnAbdulHakim
09-10-2007, 11:46 AM
assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullah :)

i was just wondering if theres anyway (such as statistics or a graph perhaps) to see just how dramatic the changes are? :)

AB517
09-14-2007, 11:54 AM
Hey,

Fasting is one method to help people focus and become more disciplined.
Overcoming addiction takes discipline and using some set of rituals can help.
I have seen where religion and 12 step programs (like AA) have helped here.

As far as the physical cures … that would need some proof. This proof would need to be more than one religion’s people quoting each other as reference.

I often use Water as an example when speaking about how “things” that can help us work. Water is good for you but you can drown if you are not careful. I believe fasting fits in here. Depriving the brain of food can cause spiritual effects which I believe are good for the soul. We need to be very careful not to permanently hurt the body.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.