/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why hiding signatures from visitors?

Anwarica
09-13-2007, 03:20 PM
:sl:
Yesterday before logging into the forum, I needed a link from my signature, but I found out that signatures aren't visible for unregistered members .. Is there a particular reason for that rule? :)

I suggest enabling them for visitors because they might get benefits in case they didn't register.

Jazakum Allah khairan

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Anwarica
09-17-2007, 03:18 AM
UP please :)

------
09-19-2007, 02:48 PM
:salamext:

This is actually a good question...

Woodrow
09-19-2007, 07:19 PM
:w:

This is actually a question best answered by an admins. I may be wrong but I believe it has to do with the pre-set commands of the software :

Islamicboard.com Part of the MuslimDot Network
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.0.0
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
That controls the appearence and available functions of the forums. Various versions of vBulletin do different things.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Anwarica
09-20-2007, 08:38 AM
Jazakum Allah khairan brother Woodrow, but all forums (including vb ones) can enable signatures. In the ACP (Admin Control Panel) of IBP forums for example, this option of disabling signature is made to save the server resources .. I wonder if it's the same reason it's used here :)

Woodrow
09-20-2007, 11:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Anwarica
Jazakum Allah khairan brother Woodrow, but all forums (including vb ones) can enable signatures. In the ACP (Admin Control Panel) of IBP forums for example, this option of disabling signature is made to save the server resources .. I wonder if it's the same reason it's used here :)
:w:

I do not have access to the ACP so I do not know what functions are or are not available. As I said in my post this probably can only be answered by an Admin. I am certain there is a reason. but, I do not know what it is. Best I can do is guess.

Ibn Al Aqwa
09-20-2007, 02:31 PM
well the only reason i signed onto the forum was so i could see some links that i was interested in...and it said it requested membership to see links...from then i kind of stayed here....

so i think the admins have done it on purpose, quite an effective way to get more members....it worked with me anyway...

------
09-20-2007, 02:40 PM
:salamext:

Yeh :D Its a kool forum :p

Anwarica
09-20-2007, 03:15 PM
I feel there's a riddle, that's why I'm waiting for admins :)

-S-
09-20-2007, 05:33 PM
hmm good question not sure why it was disabled originally

ill look into it inshallah

remind me if i forget!

Anwarica
09-21-2007, 11:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by -S-
remind me if i forget!
I'm going to send you a PM tomorrow insha'Allah if it wasn't changed :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.