/* */

PDA

View Full Version : surgery

reema
09-14-2007, 09:37 AM
salaam,
I was wondering if it is allowed to do surgery to increase ones height. As all surgeries it has got its own risks not to mention the expense. What if the person has got some self esteem problem?
pls can u site some hadiths as well to support the answers.
salaam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Anwarica
09-19-2007, 12:50 PM
:sl:
I think it belongs to Fatwa of plastic surgeries .. if it's used for cosmetic reasons then it's not allowed, but if it's necessary to fix a defect like a burned skin, then it's Halal.

Here's a Fatwa:
http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...=1119503543166

The last part of it:
As far as plastic surgery in Islam is concerned, we can say that there are two main kinds of plastic surgery, and they are as follows:

The first kind of plastic surgery is used for medical treatment, mainly to alleviate the suffering of the person. For example, there is nothing wrong with the use of plastic surgery in skin grafting, suturing a hollow wound and bone-setting. This kind of beautification is permissible. It is a form of co-operation in what is good and preventing harm that a person may face due to a deformity in his physical and outward appearance.

The second kind is cosmetic surgery that is normally used to change the Creation of Allah in an attempt to look more beautiful such as breast enlargement or reduction, face-lifts, spacing between teeth (just for beautification), reducing the size of lips and nose. This kind of surgery is not permitted in Islam because they alter the Creation of Allah. Allah Almighty says: "And surely I will lead them astray, and surely I will arouse desires in them, and surely I will command them and they will cut the cattle's ears, and surely I will command them and they will change Allah's creation. Whoso chooseth Satan for a patron instead of Allah is verily a loser and his loss is manifest." (An-Nisaa': 119)

Plastic surgery has advanced at a rapid rate in an attempt to reduce people's suffering. Unfortunately, some forms of surgery are used for luxurious purposes and not for a sound reason. Islam, however, welcomes the use of plastic surgery as long as it is done in people's favor. In certain cases, it is a necessity to remove an unwanted tooth or finger that might appear in a person's body.”

jb17
09-25-2007, 03:27 AM
oh i've heard of these surgeries.. they're usually only performed in asia.

is it really that bad? because if something affects you so much to the point where you're psychologically obsessed or crippled it is allowed (from what i've looked at). i've researched this too, i don't have anything to back it up though so don't take my word for it, but if something psychologically damages you and is a defect it should be ok.

unless you're a guy i don't see how big of a deal being short is

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.