/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Art thread???????????

Pages : [1] 2

farhan2
09-16-2007, 02:01 PM
Does this forum not have an art thread or seperat gallery forum..
Are there any artists out there?

if theres a thread.. let me know please..
if not.. ill make one?:sunny:
Im sure there are a few of you that are into art and design etc out there..
have any of you posted work up before?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Kittygyal
09-16-2007, 02:04 PM
Salam.
If i remember there was a thread but me thinks some thread been closed because of Ramdan dunno :S

farhan2
09-16-2007, 02:06 PM
ok no worries..
just wondering.. as im an artist.. so thought id see who else is into it

sevgi
09-16-2007, 02:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by farhan
Does this forum not have an art thread or seperat gallery forum..
Are there any artists out there?

if theres a thread.. let me know please..
if not.. ill make one?:sunny:
Im sure there are a few of you that are into art and design etc out there..
have any of you posted work up before?
i dnt think there is one...

and i think u just informally strated one sis...

get posting with ur artworks..soon im sure people will follow suit...

i myself am better at writing than i am at drawing...i often get really funky ideas..pick up a paint brush or pencil...and it turns out absolutely not how i envisioned...lol...

maybe thats what art is...'not what its meant to be'...

peace bro...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Kittygyal
09-16-2007, 02:08 PM
ok no worries..
just wondering.. as im an artist.. so thought id see who else is into it
:sl:

Humm ↕

Well anywho i guess you can start +o(

farhan2
09-16-2007, 02:12 PM
For example
heres some of my stuff

and this is nothing i have loads more.. thats why i was asking.. are there not any other peeps into art.. every forum should have an art thread

ok its going to take ages for me to post them all.. but thats why i was asking..
come on peeps.. im sure there are some of you who are into art??:sunny:

farhan2
09-16-2007, 02:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sumeyye
i dnt think there is one...

and i think u just informally strated one sis...

get posting with ur artworks..soon im sure people will follow suit...

i myself am better at writing than i am at drawing...i often get really funky ideas..pick up a paint brush or pencil...and it turns out absolutely not how i envisioned...lol...

maybe thats what art is...'not what its meant to be'...

peace sis...
IM A BRO!!!!!!:mmokay:

Kittygyal
09-16-2007, 02:18 PM
Salam.
Hey dude yo are FAN...TASTIC... BAN...TASTIC... :D masha'Allaah

Ahh... man why didn't i buy them grrr :cry:

post more plzzzzzzzzzzzz

sevgi
09-16-2007, 02:22 PM
IM A BRO!!!!!!:mmokay:
lol....:eek:

sori bro...:'(

i didnt check...:muddlehea

freudian slip?...:uuh:

im sorry....plz forgive...imsad

btw..ur awesome...:happy:

'Abd al-Baari
09-16-2007, 02:22 PM

Wow..some of your work is amazing! :)
i hope you don't mind me asking but how much do you sell your work for?
if you don't want to answer then don't

Kittygyal
09-16-2007, 02:23 PM
↕ it says it on them boards like some say $3

farhan2
09-16-2007, 02:24 PM
There are soo many.. ok ill try.. it may take a while

k gotta take a break.. copy and pasting is soo tiring..haha

Neelam92
09-16-2007, 02:24 PM
wow
thats exellent work bro
i love them :D
i love the fifth one and the las one lol the ast one would look great in my bed room hehehe :p
keep them coming in
take care
salaam

:peace:

Neelam92
09-16-2007, 02:25 PM
did u do all these urself?

farhan2
09-16-2007, 02:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullah2907

Wow..some of your work is amazing! :)
i hope you don't mind me asking but how much do you sell your work for?
if you don't want to answer then don't
nah its cool bro.. it depends on size but it ranges from £5 to £50 but thats my price range:sunny:

sevgi
09-16-2007, 02:26 PM
is ur only focus islamic art?

do u do anything else bro?

we'd love to see as much as u can post...:D

peace.

Kittygyal
09-16-2007, 02:26 PM
OM... i seriously want them blad!!!

THERE FAN..TASTIC MAN!!

hey yo still have som left?? i wana buy em??

are they in some kinda shop??

where did yo make em??

farhan2
09-16-2007, 02:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
↕ it says it on them boards like some say $3
yeah no sorry.. that picture i took last minuite because i forgot to take a photo of it earlier.. but yeah that signs for the scarves that the painting is ontop of.. that paintings the one with that sign i sold for i think £20

farhan2
09-16-2007, 02:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Neelam92
did u do all these urself?
haha.. is it that hard to believe..
but yeah i did..ill post some pictures of my studio/games room.. youll see what i mean when i put the pictures up:)

farhan2
09-16-2007, 02:35 PM
is ur only focus islamic art?

do u do anything else bro?

we'd love to see as much as u can post...:D

peace.
Haha, this is my part time hobbie you can say..
basically i work for my dad..at them moment and then in my free time i do this..
but then when i get back to uni in which im studying Product Design.. ill have to re-organise my time etc.. so i get equal balance.. im very busy at the moment..
i try my best.. iv also got like 7 orders to do yet.. soo im working on it. at the moment im waiting on some stock to be delivered.. i.e. some canvases which i have now run out of.. :)

Kittygyal
09-16-2007, 02:37 PM
yeah no sorry.. that picture i took last minuite because i forgot to take a photo of it earlier.. but yeah that signs for the scarves that the painting is ontop of.. that paintings the one with that sign i sold for i think £20
I WNAT TO BUY SOME MAN!!:cry: :cry:

DO ME ONE WITH PINK BACKGROUND AND A CAT!! THANKS I KNOW YO WOULD :D

I DON'T CARE HOW MUCH IT COSTS ALL I WANT IS ↕ dat

Neelam92
09-16-2007, 02:38 PM
haha.. is it that hard to believe..
but yeah i did..ill post some pictures of my studio/games room.. youll see what i mean when i put the pictures up:)
lol hehehe ok good
do u like have a website or summet where like people can order the art from or summet!
i will be looking forward to the pics of ur studio/games room

farhan2
09-16-2007, 02:40 PM
OM... i seriously want them blad!!!

THERE FAN..TASTIC MAN!!

hey yo still have som left?? i wana buy em??

are they in some kinda shop??

where did yo make em??
yeah i do have quite a few left....
to buy them it depends where you are.. im still only selling them privately on stalls and etc.. but inshallah in due time as i have had a few enquires.. there are a few shops that want to take some of my work to sell... but this is in London.. i dont know are you in the UK? but otherwise
soon inshallah im going to start selling them on ebay..but again.. it takes time and i am very busy..
im working on making my website and etc
and secondly like the pictures you saw above of my stall... that was at regents park mosque..
and i have been asked to paint a mural for them.. so im looking into that aswell..
Regents Park Mosque is the central mosque in London..
and for those who dont know what a mural is its when you paint on a huge wall :sunny:
and i make them at home in my studio/games room.. youll see soon.. ill post some pics up soon iA

sevgi
09-16-2007, 02:42 PM
Haha, this is my part time hobbie you can say..
basically i work for my dad..at them moment and then in my free time i do this..
but then when i get back to uni in which im studying Product Design.. ill have to re-organise my time etc.. so i get equal balance.. im very busy at the moment..
i try my best.. iv also got like 7 orders to do yet.. soo im working on it. at the moment im waiting on some stock to be delivered.. i.e. some canvases which i have now run out of.. :)
wow...
product design...

really unrelated question...mere curiosity,,,,

do u dress like an 'artiiist'....:D

pardon my stereotyping...

Kittygyal
09-16-2007, 02:43 PM
yeah i do have quite a few left....
to buy them it depends where you are.. im still only selling them privately on stalls and etc.. but inshallah in due time as i have had a few enquires.. there are a few shops that want to take some of my work to sell... but this is in London.. i dont know are you in the UK? but otherwise
soon inshallah im going to start selling them on ebay..but again.. it takes time and i am very busy..
im working on making my website and etc
and secondly like the pictures you saw above of my stall... that was at regents park mosque..
and i have been asked to paint a mural for them.. so im looking into that aswell..
Regents Park Mosque is the central mosque in London..
and for those who dont know what a mural is its when you paint on a huge wall :sunny:
and i make them at home in my studio/games room.. youll see soon.. ill post some pics up soon iA
WOOW WOOOW EASI ON PAL....

OKAY.. I LIVE IN UK AT MOMENT..I LIVE IN BRISTOL... I CAN TELL SOMEONE TO GO LONDON AND GET ME 'EM NO WORRIES ABOUT THAT!

BETTA BE QUICK BEFORE I MOVE BACK TO USA (CHICAGO)

BUT HEY DUDE WHY NOT POST ME THEM IN LETTER BOX :D

HURRY AP.. I WANA SEE YO SITE AND ON EBAY MAN...CHERRIO BE QUICK *im soo bossy thats SNOWY for ya :statisfie *

oh kewl... yo gonna do it on big wall...yo can do it in ma bed room wall aswel a big sexi cat

farhan2
09-16-2007, 02:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Neelam92
lol hehehe ok good
do u like have a website or summet where like people can order the art from or summet!
i will be looking forward to the pics of ur studio/games room
ahh yeah im still currently working on my website.. it takes alot longer then i thought it would. but iA all in good time.. but otherwise i might sell a few on ebay aswell for now.. but not just yet.:sunny:

Kittygyal
09-16-2007, 02:44 PM
↕ how mean man :cry: *im sad*

farhan2
09-16-2007, 02:46 PM
wow...
product design...

really unrelated question...mere curiosity,,,,

do u dress like an 'artiiist'....:D

pardon my stereotyping...
hahah thats a first.. umm.. i dont know.. how do artist dress..
if you mean retro then yea i do i supposen iv never thought about it
hahaha

farhan2
09-16-2007, 02:48 PM
WOOW WOOOW EASI ON PAL....

OKAY.. I LIVE IN UK AT MOMENT..I LIVE IN BRISTOL... I CAN TELL SOMEONE TO GO LONDON AND GET ME 'EM NO WORRIES ABOUT THAT!

BUT HEY DUDE WHY NOT POST ME THEM IN LETTER BOX :D

HURRY AP.. I WANA SEE YO SITE AND ON EBAY MAN...CHERRIO BE QUICK *im soo bossy thats SNOWY for ya :statisfie *

oh kewl... yo gonna do it on big wall...yo can do it in ma bed room wall aswel a big sexi cat
Right *scratches head* ok then hahahaha
iA.. im working on it give a bro a break

Kittygyal
09-16-2007, 02:50 PM
Right *scratches head* ok then hahahaha
iA.. im working on it give a bro a break
areet then bro...

not ma fault yo posted them pics up just in love with 'em now so soz man!

farhan2
09-16-2007, 02:51 PM
ok so some more pics

ok and next will come the pics of my studio/games room

farhan2
09-16-2007, 02:59 PM
ok so heres my studio/games room

^so this would be my table tennis table.. covered in supplies of spray paints and everything else

^so thats my pool table.. again with my canvases all over it etc

^again my table tennis table.. with a few of my stencils i designed..

^just a better overall look.. this room is behind my garage..

^by the way the room looks nothing like this now.. its a complete mess..
this was when my mum told me to tidy it up a bit..

^this is my stock of canvases.. which is all now gone.. as i have just placed a new order

and thats it for now.. i have done a few new pieces of work aswell just havnt had time to take pictures of them :)

unknown_JJ
09-16-2007, 03:17 PM
omg der soo kool i need 1 4 me room !

sevgi
09-16-2007, 03:47 PM
i never knew id be soo interigated. haha
im 19
i guess u can get away wit the mess bro...

its all part of being an 'artiiiyyysssttt'--so to speak.

19-mashallah...you have a lot ahead of you...dnt hold back from venturing into differnt fields of art, new forms...ur very creative...dont hold back..i feel asd though you yield so much more potential...ur art is very rigid, very down to earth, perhaps a little stagnant---in no way are these critisisms---they are bases to work above and beyond...get out of this world bro...do something crazy...swirl it, twirl it...make life...dnt make art....allow ur audience to breath when they sight ur work...let it be their oxygen...

seriously...go for it...
again..im not undermining ur art...ur work bewilders us all...and i think u are the first member to fill up a three page thread in like twenty minutes...
i think it is important for muslims to expose themselves to this field. i think u cud get great local publicity..not that it matters...but u'd make a good few pounds rite?...

im just..i dno...im also 19 but i gots the creativity all up in my head...doesnt concord with my hands...

peace bro.

'Abd al-Baari
09-16-2007, 03:51 PM

Just sa quick suggestion on something i was thinking bro..you should sell your stuff on ebay :)..i'd buy some of the stuff and i'm sure there's loads of people out there who'll love your work :D

Just a suggestion. :peace:

jzcasejz
09-16-2007, 04:02 PM
That's some impressive stuff you got there. :thumbs_up

Kittygyal
09-16-2007, 04:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullah2907

Just sa quick suggestion on something i was thinking bro..you should sell your stuff on ebay :)..i'd buy some of the stuff and i'm sure there's loads of people out there who'll love your work :D

Just a suggestion. :peace:
↕ Ditto.

Pk_#2
09-16-2007, 04:29 PM
Coolio, extremely cool indeed, :D

farhan2
09-16-2007, 11:23 PM
I came up with a really cool design today peeps. but it will take me some time to actually paint it iA.. ill put it up when i get it done..

farhan2
09-17-2007, 12:18 AM
i guess u can get away wit the mess bro...

its all part of being an 'artiiiyyysssttt'--so to speak.

19-mashallah...you have a lot ahead of you...dnt hold back from venturing into differnt fields of art, new forms...ur very creative...dont hold back..i feel asd though you yield so much more potential...ur art is very rigid, very down to earth, perhaps a little stagnant---in no way are these critisisms---they are bases to work above and beyond...get out of this world bro...do something crazy...swirl it, twirl it...make life...dnt make art....allow ur audience to breath when they sight ur work...let it be their oxygen...

seriously...go for it...
again..im not undermining ur art...ur work bewilders us all...and i think u are the first member to fill up a three page thread in like twenty minutes...
i think it is important for muslims to expose themselves to this field. i think u cud get great local publicity..not that it matters...but u'd make a good few pounds rite?...

im just..i dno...im also 19 but i gots the creativity all up in my head...doesnt concord with my hands...

peace bro.
haha... subhanallah.. when i read this it made me smile.. and then only to find out your the same age as me sis.. its funny because i couldnt help envision an older sister talking to me like this haha.. but khair.. jazaks.. for the encouragement.
yeah come to think of it its funny.. the way i fill um 3 pages that quick.
but inshallah im trying sis.. just takes time.. its rather difficult to juggle when having other responsibilities.. but thats life.. ..
you have creativity that fine.. all you have to do is try.. trust me.. whatever you think your good at or feel like doing.. weather it is drawing or sewing or whatever.. its all creativity.. just try.. you will never know unless you try..
i had the help of my mother as she had a go at me for not getting myself into gear a year back.. and alhamdulillah.. im getting there.:D
but i have to say i really like the way you put your post haha.. im going to have to show my mum.. show her i am actually getting somewhere. and people like my work..
jazkas sis for the inspirational boost

sevgi
09-17-2007, 01:56 AM
haha... subhanallah.. when i read this it made me smile.. and then only to find out your the same age as me sis.. its funny because i couldnt help envision an older sister talking to me like this haha.. but khair.. jazaks.. for the encouragement.
yeah come to think of it its funny.. the way i fill um 3 pages that quick.
but inshallah im trying sis.. just takes time.. its rather difficult to juggle when having other responsibilities.. but thats life.. ..
you have creativity that fine.. all you have to do is try.. trust me.. whatever you think your good at or feel like doing.. weather it is drawing or sewing or whatever.. its all creativity.. just try.. you will never know unless you try..
i had the help of my mother as she had a go at me for not getting myself into gear a year back.. and alhamdulillah.. im getting there.:D
but i have to say i really like the way you put your post haha.. im going to have to show my mum.. show her i am actually getting somewhere. and people like my work..
jazkas sis for the inspirational boost
no probs bro..

---

i get what u mean...responsibilities are a draggg...but something always has to come first...come to a desicion, or maybe u have, of what u think deserves first priority in ur life...
its fair to say that ur mum cares about u and respects what u do...stick to her...shw mite inspire ur work...
im glad i could make u smile....i like to do that.i sort of felt like a big sister telling u those things also....but i always write what comes to mind and heart.i barely ever edit my posts..(except when i call the person sis instead of bro)...:D
Allah uses us to inspire u bro...he puts thoughts in our minds...and we blab them out..and u feel the boost.
but seriously...go for it...reach a bigger audience....
and yeah...show ur mum...hope she smiles tooo...
i have a friend here...you can call him an 'artiist' aswel...(i cant help but picture u like him--he's the only artist dude i know) and his work is absolutely awesome. hes studying architecture..so he like builds his artworks..its amazing...he also does grafitti stuff(professional)...its crazy...and yes..he also dresses retro, weird, funky..and has a new craze of growing his hair...
but yeah..some people just have it in them..and they know that they are gonna get somewhere with what they are doing. my frend here is one of them..and i believe u are one of them too...(even tho ive always hoped that my frend turned around one day and said 'im going to become a contemporary technical dancer')...i just think it wud suit him...
artsy people are very in touch with their insides...and they arent afraid to express their thoughts and feelings the way they are..just as they do thru their art...some of us fill up threads, some fill up posts, some fill up pages, some fill up canvasas, some fill up studios...
i think it is a challenge to give in to art.to give urself when creating an artwork...to engage ur everything..heart, mind, soul, body into that one artwork...and when its done..its like uve actually broken a part of urself off..and stuck it on the wall...
its beautiful.
well, to me anyway.
i'll shut up now.i cant help but blab on...im so moved by the fact that u have this awesome ability to make people 'feel' urself...so to speak.

peace bro...dnt mind my yapping...u can ignore me if u want.
btw...i agree wit the ebay thing..then i can get em too...im too far off at the moment...but wen i come down to london next year i can take a look...have u thought of making a 'myspace', 'bebo' something like that to put ur work up???

salams..and jazaks for ur efforts...

Muhammad
09-17-2007, 11:56 AM

We do have an art thread here: http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...ic-talent.html

It would be better to either start a new thread in the General section for your artwork, or you can add to the existing thread above Insha'Allaah.

farhan2
09-17-2007, 05:49 PM
no probs bro..

---

i get what u mean...responsibilities are a draggg...but something always has to come first...come to a desicion, or maybe u have, of what u think deserves first priority in ur life...
its fair to say that ur mum cares about u and respects what u do...stick to her...shw mite inspire ur work...
im glad i could make u smile....i like to do that.i sort of felt like a big sister telling u those things also....but i always write what comes to mind and heart.i barely ever edit my posts..(except when i call the person sis instead of bro)...:D
Allah uses us to inspire u bro...he puts thoughts in our minds...and we blab them out..and u feel the boost.
but seriously...go for it...reach a bigger audience....
and yeah...show ur mum...hope she smiles tooo...
i have a friend here...you can call him an 'artiist' aswel...(i cant help but picture u like him--he's the only artist dude i know) and his work is absolutely awesome. hes studying architecture..so he like builds his artworks..its amazing...he also does grafitti stuff(professional)...its crazy...and yes..he also dresses retro, weird, funky..and has a new craze of growing his hair...
but yeah..some people just have it in them..and they know that they are gonna get somewhere with what they are doing. my frend here is one of them..and i believe u are one of them too...(even tho ive always hoped that my frend turned around one day and said 'im going to become a contemporary technical dancer')...i just think it wud suit him...
artsy people are very in touch with their insides...and they arent afraid to express their thoughts and feelings the way they are..just as they do thru their art...some of us fill up threads, some fill up posts, some fill up pages, some fill up canvasas, some fill up studios...
i think it is a challenge to give in to art.to give urself when creating an artwork...to engage ur everything..heart, mind, soul, body into that one artwork...and when its done..its like uve actually broken a part of urself off..and stuck it on the wall...
its beautiful.
well, to me anyway.
i'll shut up now.i cant help but blab on...im so moved by the fact that u have this awesome ability to make people 'feel' urself...so to speak.

peace bro...dnt mind my yapping...u can ignore me if u want.
btw...i agree wit the ebay thing..then i can get em too...im too far off at the moment...but wen i come down to london next year i can take a look...have u thought of making a 'myspace', 'bebo' something like that to put ur work up???

salams..and jazaks for ur efforts...
no prob sis jazaks.. appreciate it..

'artsy people are very in touch with their insides...and they arent afraid to express their thoughts and feelings the way they are.'

hahaha yeah see when we need to cry were not afraid to ahahaha
if theirs any chance you can get hold of your friends work then try and post it.. if not then no worries.
last night i went to bed around 1:30 or should i say i tried and i just could not get to sleep, i was soo tired but just couldnt sleep.. so i ended up staying awake all night.. and doodling designs in my sketch pad. and alhamdulilah i have alot of new designs now..
and more good news.. all my new canvases came this morning so inshallah ill be painting again very soon. as i have orders to meet

but please dont stop blabing, blab all you want its cool.. ill read it haha..
with all of the 1hour of free time i have in my week haha.. but yeah its cool
i really do appreciate it.. its nice to know people like my work.. its like a medicine to do more and develop my work and try harder.. which i am iA.

its funny you know so much about artists and their lifestyles etc.. its like your a philosopher.. im surprised your not an artist hahaha you could be one.. if you wanted :p

but iA now that i have my stock and i have my ideas.. all i have to do is put them onto the canvas's but first i have to do my orders..as i have put them on major hold.

ws.. dont worry ill be back with more pictures to post iA.. hopefully sooner rather then later.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
09-18-2007, 01:11 AM
Mashaalllaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh! Your wicked bro ^ . ^. Seriously =D
Hey kitty if u buy any...get me one for when u come to the US, yea? Ill pay u Inshallah :p ahahah. No really :p

noodles
09-18-2007, 01:21 AM
Ah bro, I was into spray painting 2-3 years ago, and I was also much into typography... alas, my health isnt all that great right now :P...

Inshallah, when I get some time, I will post some of my work too.

After moving to another house, I don't have a place to fully go all out with the sprays... the fumes are just too much for me now. I get sick really easily. So I suppose I should warn you :D (But then again, you'd already know about it)

Inshallah, when time allows me, I will post up some work

farhan2
09-18-2007, 03:00 PM
thats really cool bro.. inshAllah youll get better soon akhi..
yeah the fumes are very dangerous.. but alhamdulillah i have an open area in which all the fumes go away very quickly. so alhamdulillah its all good
but yeah please do post your work bro..
love to see some

Kittygyal
09-18-2007, 03:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jazzy
Hey kitty if u buy any...get me one for when u come to the US, yea? Ill pay u Inshallah :p ahahah. No really :p
Insha'Allaah sis.. Haven't forgot the Scarfs aswel...

Make a list if yo want too.

NO YO WILL NOT PAY, IM YO SISTER IN ISLAM !! ... more like yo my cinqo! so hush about $ man!

ah man i feel +o(

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
09-20-2007, 04:50 PM
Nuuuuuuuuuu!!! I wont take it from u then if you don't let me pay you :X Lies! lol.

You got any more brother? :D

Kittygyal
09-20-2007, 04:57 PM
Nuuuuuuuuuu!!! I wont take it from u then if you don't let me pay you :X Lies! lol.

Salamualikum

:heated: Please man stop

Thanks it's all sorted man

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
09-20-2007, 09:56 PM
LoL, fine then :)

farhan2
09-20-2007, 11:15 PM

I have quite a few more. iv been working on some rally cool designs today.. iv actually started them etc..
iv put all the 3d layers down i just have to paint them which will may be tomorrow.. or most likely on Saturday..
but iA.. more will be coming..

Na7lah
09-20-2007, 11:28 PM
:salaam:

cant wait 2 c dem Mashallah u're really talented :thumbs_up

farhan2
09-26-2007, 11:36 PM
ok peeps an update on my work..

these are only the small ones as my big ones are still not finished.

farhan2
09-26-2007, 11:45 PM
And a few more pics of a big one i did..

and another one

so inshallah peeps.. im still working on my other ones.. just takes time..

ill get them up soon iA.. when i can.. :)

farhan2
09-28-2007, 04:45 PM
Another small update :happy:

Kittygyal
09-28-2007, 05:22 PM
Salamualikum
Masha'Allaah loving them bro.
Ma'assalama

Pk_#2
10-01-2007, 04:26 PM
Coolio, very very nice. MashaAllah bro. :D

Haidar_Abbas
10-01-2007, 05:48 PM
:sl: i find it dangerous to call masjidul Allah as "art", however they are truly structures of beauty :D

-Islamic Centre Of Houston. TX, USA-

-Masjid Umar Ibn Al Khattab. CA, USA-

-Masjid Sultan Ahmet. Istanbul, Turkiye-

-Masjid Akarpeluru. Kedah, Malaysia-

-Masjid Hassan. Masr-

farhan2
10-01-2007, 06:41 PM
Another quick update peeps…

These are the ones iv done in the last two days 

I know they are all rather similar.. just slightly different versions.. Its just that it because they sell. :)

Kittygyal
10-01-2007, 06:49 PM
Salamualikum.
Why they all on wall?

but ya gud

Ma'assalama

farhan2
10-01-2007, 07:09 PM
Because i just have a nail there.. so i find it the best place to take my photos.. its right next to my studio. so it was just convenient

Kittygyal
10-01-2007, 07:11 PM
^ Humm... areet then!

farhan2
10-06-2007, 02:15 AM
Ok peeps so another update.. heres the paintings that iv been working on the last 4 or 5 days.. and you can see why some of them took a while.

And check out my new logo I designed..

^these were orders..so same as usual but they took a while.

^a few new small designs.

And now the slightly bigger ones which were more of a challenge.

This one was also an order

See if you guys can tell me whats what on the painting??

^here you can see half my stencil.. which took ages to cut and design

^The lettering which also took a very long time.

And another big one.. but this is not finished yet.. ill post a finished picture when I can.

So that’s the latest people.. hope you like them

-Elle-
10-06-2007, 02:40 AM
Mash'allah you're very talented bro!They're all beautiful,I absolutly adore painting(not half as good as you though,lol)the red ones are incredible,definetly one of my favorites. :D

Pk_#2
10-06-2007, 06:50 AM
Yeah very very talented, :D

I wana work for you, lemme use your spray paints and your stencils i wanna do one please! :) Peace.

Kittygyal
10-06-2007, 11:26 AM
Salamualikum.
Masha'Allaah

I wana clean for you :p

sevgi
10-06-2007, 11:43 AM
salams bro...

in light of 'incidents'..(u no wat i mean)...i havent been replying very much...but i am definietly following ur work...keep em coming...

im stil waiting my artist frend to send me the photos of his works...

question?

do u make ur stencils on a program or by hand? also...if by program, which one? if its a secret...please leme know somehow...i wont copy i swear!!!:D

farhan2
10-06-2007, 04:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by houda~
Mash'allah you're very talented bro!They're all beautiful,I absolutly adore painting(not half as good as you though,lol)the red ones are incredible,definetly one of my favorites. :D
jazaks.. :smile:

farhan2
10-06-2007, 04:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umma Wasat
Yeah very very talented, :D

I wana work for you, lemme use your spray paints and your stencils i wanna do one please! :) Peace.
haha.. sure no prob.. i dont mind giving lessons..:D but ill be charging...
paint isnt cheap.. especially spray:p

farhan2
10-06-2007, 04:36 PM
Salamualikum.
Masha'Allaah

I wana clean for you :p
Clean!!!!!!:muddlehea :lol:

you serious..
ill give you a slight insight on art
when you paint.. for the true artistic vibe to be there.. MESS IS REQUIRED..believe it or not. if its clean and everything is where its supposed to be then it just doesnt work..
but either way. yeah sure come and clean the place i dont mind..
cleaning is required once in a while..:smile:

farhan2
10-06-2007, 04:39 PM
salams bro...

in light of 'incidents'..(u no wat i mean)...i havent been replying very much...but i am definietly following ur work...keep em coming...

im stil waiting my artist frend to send me the photos of his works...

question?

do u make ur stencils on a program or by hand? also...if by program, which one? if its a secret...please leme know somehow...i wont copy i swear!!!:D
a programme haha if i had one omg the things i would do and design.. if only hey.. but no i dont have a programme.. i have searched for one but not found anything.. i make all my stencils myself and cut them by hand :)
but i have discovered a trick.. to make future complicated stencils.. but thats a secret.. cant tell.:nervous: :D

Kittygyal
10-06-2007, 05:01 PM
Clean!!!!!!:muddlehea :lol:

you serious..
ill give you a slight insight on art
when you paint.. for the true artistic vibe to be there.. MESS IS REQUIRED..believe it or not. if its clean and everything is where its supposed to be then it just doesnt work..
but either way. yeah sure come and clean the place i dont mind..
cleaning is required once in a while..:smile:
Im sure i did say ''clean'' :mmokay:
Yes i love cleaning thats the only thing im good at so won't mind doing the job only if i get wages aswel ;D

Ya TIME FOR MESSY TIME is everywhere not only when your doing art but everything :uhwhat

farhan2
10-06-2007, 05:12 PM
Im sure i did say ''clean'' :mmokay:
Yes i love cleaning thats the only thing im good at so won't mind doing the job only if i get wages aswel ;D

Ya TIME FOR MESSY TIME is everywhere not only when your doing art but everything :uhwhat
khair..
no worries

farhan2
10-06-2007, 05:13 PM
So I was out and about today… delivering a painting and getting some of my work in a shop.. both in Tooting

^So this is the restaurant that has a piece inside..

^and that’s my lil bro Adam 

And the Islamic book shop I put my some of my work in.. so if your around Tooting peeps.. that’s one place you can get some work of mine.. 

LEBAS

Kittygyal
10-06-2007, 05:17 PM
Salamualikum.
WOAH where is that book place?

Also you take pics where ever you go Kewl must have one of them big cameras :p

That resturant looks neat so did the resturant boss buy the frame or is it yours or something? and masha'Allaah cute little one there.

Oh on the last pic that black cap looks sick! did u make it?

Ma'assalama

farhan2
10-06-2007, 05:29 PM
Salamualikum.
WOAH where is that book place?

Also you take pics where ever you go Kewl must have one of them big cameras :p

That resturant looks neat so did the resturant boss buy the frame or is it yours or something? and masha'Allaah cute little one there.

Oh on the last pic that black cap looks sick! did u make it?

Ma'assalama
hahaha.. thats a book shop in Tooting. we have loads around South London.. there are about 6 book shops in Tooting.. but this one is the best

the restaurant owner bought and ordered the frame a while ago.. shes a family friend.

and no i dont make the caps haha.. the only things there that i made were the paintings..
the cap is designed and made by a company called islamic impressions.. google them i you want to.

and yeah.. i do carry my camera everywhere i go.. i like taking photos.. and no i dont have one of those huge expensive ones yet.. but i do plan on buying one sometime soon iA.. i just have a standard sony camera

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?im...%3Den%26sa%3DN

THATS THE ONE I HAVE^

it does the job so its cool for now

Kittygyal
10-06-2007, 09:00 PM
hahaha.. thats a book shop in Tooting. we have loads around South London.. there are about 6 book shops in Tooting.. but this one is the best

the restaurant owner bought and ordered the frame a while ago.. shes a family friend.

and no i dont make the caps haha.. the only things there that i made were the paintings..
the cap is designed and made by a company called islamic impressions.. google them i you want to.

and yeah.. i do carry my camera everywhere i go.. i like taking photos.. and no i dont have one of those huge expensive ones yet.. but i do plan on buying one sometime soon iA.. i just have a standard sony camera

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?im...%3Den%26sa%3DN

THATS THE ONE I HAVE^

it does the job so its cool for now

Wow masha'Allaah. Nice camera but not that good :smile:
O0o0 them caps do look sick thoe im going to look into them more when i have time insha'Allaah.
Ma'assalama

sevgi
10-07-2007, 01:48 AM
a programme haha if i had one omg the things i would do and design.. if only hey.. but no i dont have a programme.. i have searched for one but not found anything.. i make all my stencils myself and cut them by hand :)
but i have discovered a trick.. to make future complicated stencils.. but thats a secret.. cant tell.:nervous: :D
my artist frend studies architecture,,,and i think he uses a programme from that field.

maybe check it out ok...

peace.

farhan2
10-19-2007, 01:50 PM
I got some wicked news peeps check this out :)

farhan2
10-19-2007, 01:53 PM
Salaams..

BIG NEWS BIG NEWS BIG NEWS

some really amazing news i had to share with you peeps

Today a really good friend of mine came to my house while i was actually on my way to Seven Kings.. going to see family.. but anyway... he came to my house and wanted to take a few paintings which he was going to auction at St Georges Hospital/isoc etc UK so his intentions were to take around two or three and auction them and ended up taking 7 paintings of mine.. to use the rest for display..
So while that was going on.. I was meeting my mother at aunts house in Seven Kings to see the brother who is helping me out at GPU, he lived close by.. Gants Hill I think it was.. so alhamdulillah thats going all smoothly iA.. which is cool
Then about half an hour later I got the amazing news... the auction had gone on for around 2 hours and the brother from St Georges hospital rang me to tell me, well he goes the good news or the bad news., I say bad news first and he replies there is non.. then the good news..

Are you ready for this haha.. hold on to your seats.. hahaha cos i nearly fainted.. but i survived..

From the 7 paintings he took and originally only wanting to auction 2 or 3 of them.. in the end they auctioned all of them and i was ecstatic.. like wow omgosh... so subhanAllah i though wicked they must have made a few hundred pounds.. all money was for charity but i was wrong.. i was waaaaayyyyyy offf..

They raised (now take a deep breath) you ready.... £3000............ :ooh::ooh: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... :):):)
you got that right.. THREE THOUSAND POUNDS.. and i was seriously in major shock.. :):) and alhamdulillah.. from that he handed out a few of my cards and now I have another 10 orders or so.. :thumbs_up
and honestly i dont have the time to do them :lol: .. but i will soon iA..

But thats the big news.. 7 paintings of mine were able to raise £3000 for charity.. unfortunately i couldn't be there.. but i would have loved to see it happen.. i had other business to attend to as you know..
But SubhannAllah all I can do is thank Allah for guiding me and giving me the opportunity to do something so small for something so big..
I am over the moon.. my hearts pumping like mad.. this is where I feel like becoming a full time artist haha.. but there you are peeps..
iA hope you liked the good news everyone..

And i have only ever auctioned a painting for charity once before and that was also good but it was a while ago..

But seriously peeps.. iA.. im going to be working on some more auction pieces iA. in the future.. when i told my family and parents.. they were like :blink: :blink: wow :D

Pk_#2
10-19-2007, 02:09 PM
Awwwwwwwwwww mashaAllah that's really good, :D

All the best for the future.

sevgi
10-19-2007, 03:27 PM
Salaams..

BIG NEWS BIG NEWS BIG NEWS

some really amazing news i had to share with you peeps

Today a really good friend of mine came to my house while i was actually on my way to Seven Kings.. going to see family.. but anyway... he came to my house and wanted to take a few paintings which he was going to auction at St Georges Hospital/isoc etc UK so his intentions were to take around two or three and auction them and ended up taking 7 paintings of mine.. to use the rest for display..
So while that was going on.. I was meeting my mother at aunts house in Seven Kings to see the brother who is helping me out at GPU, he lived close by.. Gants Hill I think it was.. so alhamdulillah thats going all smoothly iA.. which is cool
Then about half an hour later I got the amazing news... the auction had gone on for around 2 hours and the brother from St Georges hospital rang me to tell me, well he goes the good news or the bad news., I say bad news first and he replies there is non.. then the good news..

Are you ready for this haha.. hold on to your seats.. hahaha cos i nearly fainted.. but i survived..

From the 7 paintings he took and originally only wanting to auction 2 or 3 of them.. in the end they auctioned all of them and i was ecstatic.. like wow omgosh... so subhanAllah i though wicked they must have made a few hundred pounds.. all money was for charity but i was wrong.. i was waaaaayyyyyy offf..

They raised (now take a deep breath) you ready.... £3000............ :ooh::ooh: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... :):):)
you got that right.. THREE THOUSAND POUNDS.. and i was seriously in major shock.. :):) and alhamdulillah.. from that he handed out a few of my cards and now I have another 10 orders or so.. :thumbs_up
and honestly i dont have the time to do them :lol: .. but i will soon iA..

But thats the big news.. 7 paintings of mine were able to raise £3000 for charity.. unfortunately i couldn't be there.. but i would have loved to see it happen.. i had other business to attend to as you know..
But SubhannAllah all I can do is thank Allah for guiding me and giving me the opportunity to do something so small for something so big..
I am over the moon.. my hearts pumping like mad.. this is where I feel like becoming a full time artist haha.. but there you are peeps..
iA hope you liked the good news everyone..

And i have only ever auctioned a painting for charity once before and that was also good but it was a while ago..

But seriously peeps.. iA.. im going to be working on some more auction pieces iA. in the future.. when i told my family and parents.. they were like :blink: :blink: wow :D
i told you u cud go large and public locally!!!!

awww,,,all for charity! that money cud have been ur own...:hiding:

lol..jking...next time...go 50-50 or sumtin...

bro, i told u...ur gna go big...!proud:cry:

tell ur mum! what did she say? is she happi? what was her reaction?

u shud auction some more..at charity events...and get more publicity! can i be ur manager????lol...:happy:

peace! im totally happi for u (from the inside):D

sevgi
10-19-2007, 03:35 PM
Salaams..

you got that right.. THREE THOUSAND POUNDS.. :D

btw..that's like $6700 Australian dollars...i just realised...wow.mashallah bro!

farhan2
10-20-2007, 08:29 PM
i told you u cud go large and public locally!!!!

awww,,,all for charity! that money cud have been ur own...:hiding:

lol..jking...next time...go 50-50 or sumtin...

bro, i told u...ur gna go big...!proud:cry:

tell ur mum! what did she say? is she happi? what was her reaction?

u shud auction some more..at charity events...and get more publicity! can i be ur manager????lol...:happy:

peace! im totally happi for u (from the inside):D
jazaks sis.. for the the confidence.. appreciate it..

I do have some money coming out of it.. but not alot...
i just take the cost of my work out..

yeah my mum was very happy.. she knew already.. i.e. she was helping me from the start.. I LOVE MY MUM.. she helps me out alot..

and iA.. im working on more auction ones iA

Kittygyal
10-20-2007, 08:44 PM
salamualikum.

May Allaah bless yo AMin

Ma'assalama

farhan2
10-23-2007, 01:01 AM
So peeps I have been very very busy as you all know.. and alhamdulillah everything is going well apart from me getting behind on my uni work.. so this is an update of my work.. hope you like them.. some are repeats just a few different designs that’s all.. but inashAllah.. after iv caught up on my uni work.. ill be getting back into it.. as soon as I can iA

So hope you like the new pieces..

farhan2
10-23-2007, 01:02 AM

^This ones a big one. You’ve may have seen it before.. just a change in the design

^Another idea.. trying something new.. not finished exactly but close to it

^another big idea I had, not complete.. but just going to put a big back painted ALLAH in the middle.

^This is another new idea and its my favourite so far.. I LOVE THIS PIECE..IT WAS SOO FUN TO DO.. SO TO GIVE YOU AN IDEA PEEPS.. SOME OF MY NEW IDEAS AND WORK WILL BE LIKE THIS..

^and a few other designs which are not complete just yet.. but will be when I find the time hopefully sooner rather then later..

Anyway peeps that’s it for now.. im tired.. hope you like the new stuff..

Sorry about some of the photos peeps. Didn’t realise.. shows how tired I am haha

More coming later iA.. not soon.. have to catch up with uni now 

-Elle-
10-23-2007, 02:35 AM
wow..nice variety you've got going on there.

I love the new ideas you're trying out;the patterns and textures give the painting more originality and life.And also,you've got some great colour combinations...(the red and gold ones are amazing)

simply put; awesome:thumbs_up(mash'allah)!

Re.TiReD
10-28-2007, 04:06 PM
WOW! MASHA'ALLAH!

Do you mind if I ask you a few questions Akhee? I've been told I ask too many but anyway...

I've tried doing calligraphy on canvas using oil and acrylic paints I found that acrylic are waaaaay better as they take upto ten mins to dry whereas my oil would take most of the day and sometimes night to completely dry...what do you use? Because I'm actually gettin bored of acrylic....

Also, how do you get the 'ridges' in the background? All I can seem to do is a plain simple word and plain one colour background, how can I develop my work? any ideas? and by ridges I mean all the *bumpy* bits, like the one in the Gold Allah one....:w:

sevgi
10-28-2007, 11:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by JihadunNafs

Also, how do you get the 'ridges' in the background? All I can seem to do is a plain simple word and plain one colour background, how can I develop my work? any ideas? and by ridges I mean all the *bumpy* bits, like the one in the Gold Allah one....:w:
lol...u mean texture???:happy::D

Re.TiReD
10-30-2007, 03:27 PM
lol yeah... I guess :hiding:

farhan2
11-04-2007, 02:09 PM
WOW! MASHA'ALLAH!

Do you mind if I ask you a few questions Akhee? I've been told I ask too many but anyway...

I've tried doing calligraphy on canvas using oil and acrylic paints I found that acrylic are waaaaay better as they take upto ten mins to dry whereas my oil would take most of the day and sometimes night to completely dry...what do you use? Because I'm actually gettin bored of acrylic....

Sorry for the late reply sis.. i have been sooooooooo busy with my art and uni etcetc but alhamdulillah im coping the best I can..

right as you may know oil paints are very different to acrylics.
oil paints.. yes they do take quite a while to dry.. because its such a thick substance and is not water soluble.. the thicker the layer you apply the longer it will take to dry.. I have created textures with oils for example at school etc.. but for the texture to dry completely would take at least a few days.
Its great for blending though.. there is no other paint that blends as well as oil does.

Acrylics being a hugely water based paint.. can be controlled depending how much water is used.. its ok.. I like using acrylic when doing alot of detailed work.. they both have their advantages and disadvantages...

So yeah I can understand why you det bored.. i used to as well..

now are you asking me to reveal my inner secrets for my work..tututut:okay:
thats not alloed.. i cant do that..

nah just messin..
basically you just have to keep an open mind.. there are so many other types of mediums that can be used.. but at the same time can also be very very costly.

I use aerosol to do my work (spray paints)
but for the textured work (or as you say my ridges:giggling:)...I use something called artex.. its like wall plaster but just a bit more puttier. thats what i use to create all my different designs. and again that just takes a night to dry but its great stuff. So many ideas and effects that can be made out of such a certain substance..
and then to blend my work I use aerosol because I dont actually have to come in contact with the canvas i.e. with a brush so its rather easy to blend as the paint goes straight on.. I even paint the textured area while the artex is still wet just saves time.

with oils they are not used for mass work.. like if you want to do a quick painting you would use acrylic.. drys quickly, but with oils it takes time and is often used for detailed pictures.
but neither of them suitable for me.. The demand for my art has shot up so high i am struggling to keep up with it.. as well as doing my uni work lol
so i need a medium that will more or less be easy to do and quick to dry.. I do use some acrylic aswell. but weather anyone notices it on my work is probably not.

An idea to develop your work.. I have is why not try and go crazy as in.. try and actually stick different materials down and then paint ontop of them. When i was in school painting on canvas i used to stick down pieces of colored and textured paper.. wallpaper was great for that.. or even think pieces of wood. Just try different stuff out iA.. experiment.. thats what everyone does and what I had to do to get where I am.. tooth pics wooden sticks anything can be used

Sorry for the long reply.. important thing is just keep an open mind..
what do you paint on.. if paper not so great.. try canvas its better.. easy to get hold of.. depending on what type of you want.. but you can get some from anywhere.. im thinking canvas board...:D

farhan2
11-04-2007, 02:11 PM
I finally cut a new stencil a few days ago.. when i got home from uni.. as tired as I was i just felt like doing it.

and another new one.. but very similar to the stuff youve already seen

farhan2
11-04-2007, 02:12 PM
Ok so I changed the last one.. just to add a little more to it

^
A different design

^ The leaf one.. I did another… you like??

farhan2
11-04-2007, 02:12 PM
And these next ones I have a feeling you gyals will like them. Well I hope you do they are rather different

So what do you all think.. I have a few others but they are not finished yet

sevgi
11-04-2007, 02:20 PM

cool bro..i like...

the last one is nicer than the first one. i like the darkened area in the leaf bit:)

very effeminite...i really like...keep it up bro..

are these an order?

Afifa
11-04-2007, 02:20 PM
WOW :awesome: ur a brilianat artist masallah
theyr all excellent peices of wrk

sevgi
11-04-2007, 02:22 PM
do u place anything between the canvas and the spray can or do u just spray directly???

farhan2
11-04-2007, 02:31 PM
no these arnt orders.. just developments..

if your talking about my stencils then yea.. i spray on the stencil.. and then goes through that onto the canvas.. apart from that then no. i spray on the canvas straight if its the background im doing.. I have a perfect example to show you what I mean but that picture isnt finished yet :)

sevgi
11-04-2007, 02:43 PM
no these arnt orders.. just developments..

if your talking about my stencils then yea.. i spray on the stencil.. and then goes through that onto the canvas.. apart from that then no. i spray on the canvas straight if its the background im doing.. I have a perfect example to show you what I mean but that picture isnt finished yet :)

cool..i wasnt talking abt the stencils...the other natural spray on looking background stuff...not the leaves or the text...

it would take a hell of hand coordination.you need steady hands...and a light finger...lol.

im deeply impressed.these skills are the sort of thing which diffrenciate an amateur from the pros.

from the blending of the colours, to the precision of the sprays, to the not too fancy-not too funky feel of the whole artwork.i love it bro.its effeminite..but still has that grunge feel...

i dno what im saying again.plz excuse me...

Art crituiquing is not one of my upper qualities.lol.

all i can say is keep at it...really.

:w:

farhan2
11-04-2007, 02:49 PM

cool..i wasnt talking abt the stencils...the other natural spray on looking background stuff...not the leaves or the text...

it would take a hell of hand coordination.you need steady hands...and a light finger...lol.

im deeply impressed.these skills are the sort of thing which diffrenciate an amateur from the pros.

from the blending of the colours, to the precision of the sprays, to the not too fancy-not too funky feel of the whole artwork.i love it bro.its effeminite..but still has that grunge feel...

i dno what im saying again.plz excuse me...

Art crituiquing is not one of my upper qualities.lol.

all i can say is keep at it...really.

ahh no worries.. yeah sometimes its free hand or sometimes its outlined and then sprayed sections for example if i want to spray a certain shape ill outline with tape and then spray on that and then take the tape off

hahaha
so are you saying im an amateur or a pro.. or neither:giggling::giggling:

but otherwise thanks.. ill post some new stuff soon... im still working on some.
well im always working on them haha.

Re.TiReD
11-04-2007, 02:53 PM
:salamext: JazakAllah khayr for your reply! i'll definately take your comments on board, and in answer to your question, I use canvas...but the sizes are pretty small as I feel totally out of my depth with bigger ones although I have tried with them.

You use things like peices of wood and toothpicks!? wow! I dint think it'd be that simple...! I've also created a thread with some of my art work...but looking at yours makes me want to go :hiding: lol but Insha'Allah I'm going to try. I dont think I'll ever take the art as seriously as you do so probably wont go as far as using the spray paints...probably stick to oil and acrylics...

One more question- for the texture (ridges) :D do you use the spray pains or what? jzk khayr again

sevgi
11-04-2007, 02:54 PM
ahh no worries.. yeah sometimes its free hand or sometimes its outlined and then sprayed sections for example if i want to spray a certain shape ill outline with tape and then spray on that and then take the tape off

hahaha
so are you saying im an amateur or a pro.. or neither:giggling::giggling:

but otherwise thanks.. ill post some new stuff soon... im still working on some.
well im always working on them haha.
salams

ur not ameteur or pro...

id say your a natural...which has a higher potential to grow and develop...

ur getting better everytime i reckon...coz ur building on something u already have...

i know u know it..so ill just leave u to it while you giggle away at my silly posts:D

w/s.

farhan2
11-04-2007, 09:36 PM
:salamext: JazakAllah khayr for your reply! i'll definately take your comments on board, and in answer to your question, I use canvas...but the sizes are pretty small as I feel totally out of my depth with bigger ones although I have tried with them.

You use things like peices of wood and toothpicks!? wow! I dint think it'd be that simple...! I've also created a thread with some of my art work...but looking at yours makes me want to go :hiding: lol but Insha'Allah I'm going to try. I dont think I'll ever take the art as seriously as you do so probably wont go as far as using the spray paints...probably stick to oil and acrylics...

One more question- for the texture (ridges) :D do you use the spray pains or what? jzk khayr again
ok im going to look for your thread now haha..

trust me there are so many small things you can used to make great effects..

and to your question about the ridges.. first I use something called artex.. which is basically a putty substance but can also be used for walls and cielings..its like wall plaster.. before you paint a wall or put wallpaper on you apply plaster thats what it is but a special type.. its commenly used for cielings.. or it was maybe back in the day.. haha
and then i spray ontop of that and let it dry. and taddaaaa the end result :)

farhan2
11-04-2007, 09:36 PM
Ok peeps so some new work that I did today.. some one of which is old.. but changed.. but anyway… soo have a lookie.

See some of these photos are not straight on because they are too big to fit in the frame.. and also because I don’t have enough space to take the photo lol 

^Close up

^ you’ve seen this one before but I have had to work at it.. because I didn’t like the finish.. I prefer it now.. gives it a bit more depth.

farhan2
11-04-2007, 09:39 PM

^ see too big for me to get front shot haha

^ I like this new effect.. all I used was a comb haha

Umm Hurairah
11-04-2007, 09:43 PM
I like this new effect.. all I used was a comb haha
Asalaamualaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatu,

Wow Subhan Allah that looks real pretty. :D:D:D

farhan2
11-04-2007, 10:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Hurairah

Wow Subhan Allah that looks real pretty. :D:D:D
jazaks

farhan2
11-04-2007, 10:21 PM

^my newish idea being pursued.. just a bit more abstract again

^ this was me being spontaneous.. felt like spraying anything so I did.. there is an image in the background. But I don’t expect everyone or anyone for that matter to see it. I started doing one thing and it just ended up like this.. but I like it..

But now.. BELOW COMES A FAVORITE OF MINE.. A NEW ONE.. I REALLY LIKE THIS ONE..

^ I REALLY LIKE THIS ONE.. ITS JUST TOO COOL.. ONE OF MY FAVORITES 

so what do think peeps.. you is liking :D

farhan2
11-04-2007, 10:22 PM
i forgot to put that one in but no worries. you can have a look at some more :)

sevgi
11-04-2007, 10:48 PM
i like the first two...i cant see the image in the background tho...

farhan2
11-04-2007, 11:59 PM
haha yeah cos there really isnt one.. at first there was supposed to be but didnt come out how i hoped but no worries..

farhan2
11-05-2007, 12:03 AM

^another one iv just done.. iv done loads more but they are not finished because the textures are still drying. 

sevgi
11-05-2007, 08:01 AM
this one is like my favourite...

i wish it was purple and green..aor purple and orange:(

lovely work...Mashallah bro...

farhan2
11-06-2007, 07:49 PM
this one is like my favourite...

i wish it was purple and green..aor purple and orange:(

lovely work...Mashallah bro...

no prob.. ill try and do one in all the spare time i have which is like never. haha

but one day iA.. ill do one for you

iv still got 10 orders which I havnt met

farhan2
11-06-2007, 07:50 PM
Some new ones peeps..

farhan2
AND NOW THE NEW ONES

so I cut two new designs yesterday hope you like them and the designs of the canvas’s iA

Have a looky

farhan2
And the other new stencil

^ This one is huge .. :D

Umm Hurairah
11-06-2007, 08:36 PM

Subhan Allah! :ooh: They are all sooo unbelievably awesome!!! :D:D:D

Masha Allah bro. :D:D:D

sevgi
11-08-2007, 08:14 AM
no prob.. ill try and do one in all the spare time i have which is like never. haha

but one day iA.. ill do one for you

iv still got 10 orders which I havnt met
wow..ur new ones are even better than before. the new stencil is cool...i like the two peice one with the long writing...

i like the comb thing.

nahhh...im way too far away to get one off u...lol...maybe if i come to eng.one day...we'll see...

jazakallah...

keep it up bro and good luck with all ur orders!

farhan2
11-11-2007, 11:07 PM
Salaams all so you saw the painting above but iv actually finished it now.. yay..

So this is the finished painting.

^these pictures look a bit mystic I think its because there was still so much toxic and paint around the room..

But yea that the finished one..

And here are a few more new ones..

And heres another new stencil design I did a few days ago..

And the same stencil but different design.. I like this one

And here Ill show you a bit of mass production haha.

So hope your all liking the new stuff iA.. ill see you at GPU or if your coming o the Allah made me funny show.. ill be there too. 

farhan2
11-22-2007, 02:00 AM
No ones seen my new stuff :( no comments or anything :( fine.. no prob..

ill tell you some good news anyway.. .dont know if any of you have heard of the Allah made me funny tour thats been going around..
well they are here in UK at the moment and the last three days theyve been in London so I had a stall at the event..
i was the only guy.. and i got time to chill out with Preacher Moss, Mo Amer and Azhar Usman.. they are all fantastic guys mA..

and alhamdulillah I sold quite a few paintnigs and got quite a few orders so im happy

Hey Preacher Moss even bought a painting :D

but alhamdulillah.. getting time to chill with them.. eating chicken cottage with them haha.. it was cool they are great guys mA

and now I have to get some more work ready for GPU iA so i expect to you see some of you there.. and if you see me.. tell me who you are or i wont know..
come say salaams and check out some new work i havnt posted yet :).. its a suprise exclusiev launch you could say haha

the stall will be called HIBAH all info is on the GPU thread

farhan2
11-22-2007, 02:18 AM
some pics of the stall peeps

sevgi
11-22-2007, 08:50 AM
i want all of em...

Khayal
11-22-2007, 09:09 PM

MashaAllah, awesome calligraphy, brother..:thumbs_up

One thing I don't like, there is one inappropriate little picture-postcard thingee, hung up with Allah's name. would you please remove it.

Pk_#2
11-22-2007, 11:55 PM
Ima jak some ideas, and make millions inshaAllah. Heh.

Keep up the awesome work bro.

Noor 13
11-25-2007, 09:46 PM
MashAllah I love your work. Are you in the UK?

Kittygyal
11-25-2007, 09:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Noor 13
Are you in the UK?
Salamualikum.

^ Does that give away the shot? and for sure he isn't at Bristol or at America if he was i will be the first to buy...

anywho, me thinks manz from London.

Ma'assalama

AhlaamBella
11-26-2007, 10:01 AM
MarshAllah :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I'm rubbish at art :cry:

Re.TiReD
11-26-2007, 02:00 PM
:salamext: how did the GPU go for you bro? :D

farhan2
11-29-2007, 08:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umma Wasat
Ima jak some ideas, and make millions inshaAllah. Heh.

Keep up the awesome work bro.
you dare.. and watch me hunt you down.. somehow.. :D

farhan2
11-29-2007, 08:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Noor 13
MashAllah I love your work. Are you in the UK?
Yup im in the UK.. LONDON

farhan2
11-29-2007, 09:00 PM
:salamext: how did the GPU go for you bro? :D
ws.. alhamdulillah it went ok.. could have been better.. but khair.. next year ill have my own stall iA..
nothing special though:-\

farhan2
12-29-2007, 09:20 PM
Salaams peeps.. ok I havnt shown any of you an update in a while now. Just been busy with uni work and etc.. and now that I have had a few stalls coming up iv got some new shapes and sizes with a few different designs and combinations that I have done.

The newish ones

A bit of mass production hahaha

The small square sets

farhan2
12-29-2007, 09:20 PM
The new sizes.. i.e. slim and long 

☆•♥°ąყ℮Տիმ°♥•☆
12-29-2007, 09:56 PM
1Waalikum Assalam

oh my... MAsha'Allah... your so talented... stunning art work!

i really want some of these for my home... :)

farhan2
01-13-2008, 02:09 AM
Salaams everyone..

Just thought id post up some newish work ….

I cant remember if iv posted these up, actually I don’t think I have.. you guys tell me I forgot.

But anyway.. new photos.. a lot better then before..

Hope you like 

^ reason for the two.. one with flash and one without.. see it better with both

farhan2
01-13-2008, 02:10 AM
Close up 

So yeah peeps.. those are the bigish ones iv done and been working on..

AND INSHALLAH, ALHAMDULILLAH.. IV BEEN WORKING ON MY WEBSITE THE LAST FEW DAYS REALLY LONG.. SOO YEAH THATLL BE UP SOON.. ILL LET YOU KNOW WHEN IT IS.

Ill keep you all posted

farhan2
01-16-2008, 08:39 PM
Ahh too many orders.. i need an assistant haha

truemuslim
01-16-2008, 08:44 PM
i be assistant.lol this thread is sooo old i thought yall stopped it...good thing u didnt

farhan2
01-16-2008, 09:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by truemuslim
i be assistant.lol this thread is sooo old i thought yall stopped it...good thing u didnt
why would i stop it. its my thread.. all my work in it.. haha

truemuslim
01-16-2008, 09:24 PM
why would i stop it. its my thread.. all my work in it.. haha
nah i juss thought this is one of the ancient threads and y'all didnt open a art thread... but im glad it still open and u still here... btw ur art is AMAZING mashallah bro u do some amazing looking art. :w:

u get reps

farhan2
01-16-2008, 09:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by truemuslim
nah i juss thought this is one of the ancient threads and y'all didnt open a art thread... but im glad it still open and u still here... btw ur art is AMAZING mashallah bro u do some amazing looking art. :w:

u get reps
jazaks:D

make dua iA..

btw.. whats reps.. reputation? or something lol
sorry my slang lingo real isnt up to par..haha

sabah
01-16-2008, 09:46 PM
:sl: brother farhan

mashallah, your really talented, allah has blessed you with a gift. That would look amazing in my room!!

truemuslim
01-16-2008, 09:51 PM
jazaks:D

make dua iA..

btw.. whats reps.. reputation? or something lol
sorry my slang lingo real isnt up to par..haha
lol yeah reps is reputation bro. i gave u some. and now u can see what i wrote by going to ur control panel. :w:

aminahjaan
01-17-2008, 12:57 AM
wow you're really good at art! I'm pretty bad at art, mashallah you have a talent! Is there a poetry thread or something like that? Like a "Creativity thread" if not there should be one. It's one thing I'm good at lol.

Abdul-Raouf
01-17-2008, 02:03 AM
oh Bro.farhan... wonderful work ... they all are eyecatching.... Alhamdulillah.

sevgi
01-18-2008, 05:32 AM
i like that comb thing man...:)

farhan2
01-23-2008, 02:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aminahgorilla
wow you're really good at art! I'm pretty bad at art, mashallah you have a talent! Is there a poetry thread or something like that? Like a "Creativity thread" if not there should be one. It's one thing I'm good at lol.
If you cant find one.. make one iA..:D

farhan2
01-23-2008, 02:42 AM
i like that comb thing man...:)
:coolalien:D

truemuslim
01-23-2008, 02:46 AM
yah aminagorilla there is a poetry thread somewhere in the multimedia thread...(dunt ask me why they put it there)

Malaikah
01-23-2008, 05:41 AM

Wow, that is some absolutely excellent work mashaallah!!! I love them!

farhan2
01-27-2008, 02:00 PM
http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...t-website.html

^ salaams all..

quick notice.. if you havnt seen it already..

that the thread for my site..
or heres the link

http://www.noorart.co.uk

jazaks all im glad you like my work alhamdulillah

wasalaams

Amat Allah
01-27-2008, 02:35 PM
Asalamo Alikom

I do not know what to say

but..............

you are AMAZING my brother

it is beautiful no the most beautiful

and distinct work I have ever seen

I love them so much

MASHA ALLAH

JAZAK ALLAH THE PARADISE

AMEEEEEEEEEN

farhan2
01-31-2008, 01:06 PM
Alhamdulillah sis, jazaks.. glad you like my work...
I have quite a few orders to do.. but no time due to uni work
but khair..
keep me in your duas inshAllah
may Allah allow me to get better.. i aint that old yet
Im only 19 :D

farhan2
03-02-2008, 04:28 PM
Salaams peeps… iv taken a few photos of some orders iv had, I have a lot more work just not taken photos.. inshAllah when I get time.. ill post them up inshAllah

These were just some orders I did recently for a few people

More coming soon inshAllah

Souljette
03-02-2008, 06:14 PM
Assalamualikum
BRO I DON"T KNOW WHT TO SAY BUT MASHALLAH ND KEEP GOING..i went thru 11 pages of ur art wrk jst now..wit my mouth half open..no full ..keep goin bro..did u do the the wall thing of the Regent Park Masjid yet..my frnd was there sum days ago she got me a du'a book frm dere..she was practically living there..i don't knw if u did it..i dnt think so..nywys..whn i cum to london whoo am i getin those tings inshallah.if i hv the money..or mommy..

FatimaAsSideqah
03-02-2008, 07:23 PM
As Salaam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu to Brother of Islam.

Oh my word! Masha'Allah! So unbelievably! I love all of them.

You so talented! Keep going on, Insha'Allah!

May Allah Ta'ala rewards for your hard working!

Sister Fatima

farhan2
03-31-2008, 07:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Souljette
Assalamualikum
BRO I DON"T KNOW WHT TO SAY BUT MASHALLAH ND KEEP GOING..i went thru 11 pages of ur art wrk jst now..wit my mouth half open..no full ..keep goin bro..did u do the the wall thing of the Regent Park Masjid yet..my frnd was there sum days ago she got me a du'a book frm dere..she was practically living there..i don't knw if u did it..i dnt think so..nywys..whn i cum to london whoo am i getin those tings inshallah.if i hv the money..or mommy..

alhamdulillah im glad you likes my work sis, nah i havnt done the regents park thing,, ill prob do it in the summer, iv had soo much going on with uni and work and etcetc but iA soon, but yea sure, whenever your ready give me a call and you can have a look and choose a piece you want :P :)

farhan2
03-31-2008, 07:42 PM
Salaams peeps..

ok so i havnt uploaded my art for a looooong time, mainly due to the fact cos i havnt really done any in a while, well iv been working on one which was an order and took like forever, but iv finally finished it, and iv also done two other small ones finally which were also orders, it just hard to find the time nowadays because im soo busy with uni work and everything.
khair

so this is one order that the bro wanted me to do, took very long, but im finally done

sorry about the wonky pictures, i was tired and i was standing ontop of my pool table, i couldnt even see what kind of picture i was taking because my hand with the camera was on the ceiling of my art studio/games room :lol:

the painting was so big it wouldnt fit in the frame

so thats one bros order

and this is a sisters order which shes been waiting for quite a while, shes so fussy haha..but alhamdulillah i managed..

and my favourite.. i love this one

those leaves took quite a while to do aswell but all is good..

alhamdulillah

what do you all think :D

Souljette
04-01-2008, 06:57 PM
MASHALLLAHHHHHHHHH keep it up..yeess inshallah in like i dn't knw how many years i'll get there lollzz ..nyways mashallah keep goin bro..maybe one dya ur wrks will b in the museum.>U NEVER KNW

Pen Marks
04-02-2008, 12:28 AM
oh coool :D mashallah u're really talented Akhy :D

Nájlá
04-03-2008, 06:45 PM
mashallah ur artwork is so amazing

farhan2
04-11-2008, 11:27 AM
Jazaks All.. glad you like... i havnt done much since.. its uni c/w overload at the moment. haha

Al-Zaara
04-11-2008, 11:38 AM
Selam aleykum,

WOW!! MashaAllah, you are fantastic!! :D

farhan2
06-19-2008, 10:27 PM
Jazaks All,

soo i havnt really updated my art for quite some time... i have a good reason, iv been busy, haha but khair.. the new ones iv done some are worth not posting because they really arnt that different,

iv done this really cool new one but im not posting it up yet iA, ill show you that on in due time as i want to launch it with others as a collection..

but otherwise yea I have been busy with stuff and others orders etcetc

but I can show you one, that someone did order and alhamdulillah after I had completed it, i was like wow, did I really just do this haha, i couldnt believe it because its soo cool..

and as soon as I showed my mum, she fell in love with it because it fits so perfectly with our living room interior decor, i.e. the style, colours, blablabla, khair, without futher ado,

drum roll please. dundundundundundun

so inshAllah, when i really do some new ones, ill definately post them up inshAllah
:)

Umar001
06-19-2008, 10:45 PM
MashaAllah.

TrueStranger
06-19-2008, 10:53 PM
That is amazingly beautiful, masha’allah.

Güven
06-19-2008, 10:58 PM
WoOOW AMazin, Very Beautiful , This Is What I was searchin For , One Word : MASHALLAH :D

sevgi
06-21-2008, 04:33 AM
as always bro..great work...mashallah..the talent just shines through ur work:)

Souljette
06-21-2008, 08:35 AM
Mashallahhh keep goin bro

ayesha zaman
06-21-2008, 08:36 PM
wow masha'Allaah!!! itz beautiful...how do u do it?!? *nyc work*

Pk_#2
06-21-2008, 10:14 PM
Why I read Farhans art thread as FART THREAD! I really do not know..

But nice stuff, keep it up, MashaAllaah!

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

farhan2
08-26-2008, 07:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Da'watul-Allaah
Why I read Farhans art thread as FART THREAD! I really do not know..

But nice stuff, keep it up, MashaAllaah!

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.
:S errrm ok..

haha

farhan2
08-26-2008, 07:46 PM
Salaams all..
so I did lots of work before I left and I hadnt got a chance to post it up so inshAllah here are a few, and ill post some more later..

farhan2
08-26-2008, 07:47 PM
Ok I have 5 more mins on the net.. ill post up the rest inshAllah

farhan2
08-26-2008, 07:48 PM
I forgot two...

thats it.. for now.. i did all of them before I left alhamdulillah...

hope you all like :)

farhan2
08-26-2008, 07:49 PM
before I left to go to America sorry..
yea I havnt told you all. but I went to America for the Al Maghrib Ilm Summit course which was ammaaazzinngggg subhanAllah

farhan2
08-26-2008, 07:50 PM
UPDATE.. i only found out a little while ago..

so I donated 1 painting to the al maghrib course to raise some money for charity alhamdulillah..
and i asked on the forum how much it went for.. someone said it went for about a couple of grand which I found very hard to believe subhanAllah..

this is not the exact figure but I was shocked.. I wasnt even there.. so inshAllah when I get the final amount.. ill let you know.. alhamdulillah..

maybe the bro was mistaken in what he said..

because at the course we made a plan in which we had buckets and every day of the course every person has to put £1 in.. so thats like £500 a day.. so if he included that i am not sure.. maybe he did but i dont think so because if we got £500 a day that means we got £2500 all together.. so what my painting went for I dont know but inshAllah ill let you know.. tis exciting to know and see how much we can raise out of something so small.. like a course.. one pound a day.. doesnt exactly affect us.. alhamdulillah..

farhan2
08-26-2008, 07:51 PM
Assalaamualaykum

here are the figures pledged during the auction inshaAllah:

Qabeelah AlShams "CREW" T-Shirt (sister) £1,200
Egyption Papayrus (sp??) (Brother) £1,200
Qabeelat AlShams Mug (sister) £3,000
Clock (8 x £500 from sisters) £4,000
Painting by NoorArt (10 x £500 from sisters) £5,000

There was also an extra donation of £5,000 Alhamduillah.

Thats gives a grand total raised of £19,400 mashaAllah!!

If we use the average currency exchange of £1 =$2 (for both the Canadian and US dollars) thats gives $38,800!!

Yaa Ahl ul Shams, by the fadl (grace) of Allah you really are Shining Examples!
May Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala accept it from all of you, ameen!

farhan2
08-26-2008, 07:52 PM
Some new ones inshAllah.. hope you like them.. did them recently

Danah
08-26-2008, 07:53 PM
masha allah nice work I guess you have a shop or something like that to put all these amazing stuff....I like them all you used very nice and good materials as well

farhan2

thats it for now :D

Güven

Wooow MashAllah Bro They.... Are... AMAZINGGGG!!!:statisfie

farhan2
08-26-2008, 07:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SAYA
masha allah nice work I guess you have a shop or something like that to put all these amazing stuff....I like them all you used very nice and good materials as well
Jazaks

no I dont have a shop.. I work from home and sell from home and exibit i.e. have stalls at events etcetc..

I aint that old.. im only 20 alhamdulillah..

Danah
08-26-2008, 07:59 PM
yeah but I can see that you will have a good future with this brother in sha allah, you have a real talent, it will be a waste if dont improve it.

may allah guide you to the best

farhan2
08-26-2008, 08:05 PM
inshAllah im doing my best..

Nájlá
08-26-2008, 08:49 PM
woow mashallah.

amazing work.

farhan2
08-27-2008, 10:25 PM
Jazaks

Afifa
08-27-2008, 10:58 PM
alhumduliallah and mahsallah ukhee
ur works amazing!!!

farhan2
09-04-2008, 10:32 AM
A new one

A little bit more abstract

waji
09-04-2008, 11:02 AM
ماشا اللہ
Great Work
Farhan why not you give your website address in you signature also the link of facebook group link

farhan2
09-09-2008, 04:58 PM
ok inshAllah

ayan333
09-09-2008, 05:06 PM
ok inshAllah

MashALLAH,ur great

how do u that?

did u go to school for it?

farhan2
09-09-2008, 05:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ayan333

MashALLAH,ur great

how do u (do) that?

did u go to school for it?

alhamdulillah, jazakAllah..im glad you like my art..

its a gift from Allah alhamdulillah.. i use spray paints..

i did do art at school and college but i only started this type of art work 2 years ago alhamdulillah..

farhan2
09-16-2008, 06:01 PM
I was just reading through some of my old posts on this thread i couldnt help but laugh at the language I used and how immature i was..

but alhamdulillah looking at all my old work i think to myself.. did I really paint that back then.. ugh.. but subhanAllah.. Allah has aloud me to develop my work greatly..
and theres still a lot more to come. :D

جوري
09-16-2008, 06:40 PM
Your work is great Masha'Allah... the last few of your paintings remind me of the work of Mark Rothko..

I am really impressed...

farhan2
09-16-2008, 10:41 PM
alhamdulillah.. haha yea i hadnt realised that until you mentioned it subhanAllah.. one of my friends studied his work back in school.

its funny how things work without actually realising

*Maysun
09-16-2008, 10:51 PM
Wow Masha Allah. great Work bro..

this one reminds me of my art work (the arabic writting) ... but Masha Allah yours is really good..

WomanOfJihad
09-16-2008, 10:56 PM
MashAllah.

id Love to do caligraphy. but unfortunately i find it too hard :-(

farhan2
09-16-2008, 11:00 PM
no harm in trying sis..

WomanOfJihad
09-16-2008, 11:06 PM
i believe its kinda hard for those who r lef handed? coz calligraphy is all about how u handle ur pen?

farhan2
09-16-2008, 11:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by WomanOfJihad
i believe its kinda hard for those who r lef handed? coz calligraphy is all about how u handle ur pen?
touche..

farhan2
09-17-2008, 12:29 PM
You know its funny.. these paintings im about to show you, the set of Allah and Muhammed are ones Iv been do for a VERY LONG TIME and yet iv never posted them up haha.. i never realised..

oh well

and they always sell alhamdulillah

like this one is an order if i hadnt had to take a picture for the sister i prob wouldnt have posted it..

and this one

^I doth like this one very much.. my type of colours.. cool blue, with striking silver..

alhamdulillah :D

waji
09-17-2008, 05:43 PM
^^^ Great Work Farhan

Re.TiReD
09-20-2008, 08:41 PM
The texture never fails to wow me! Masha'Allah :ooh:

farhan2
09-29-2008, 10:12 PM
Salaams, some new ones inshAllah.

sorry about the bad photo lighting was poor due to furniture being in the way..

More to come inshAllah..

farhan2
09-29-2008, 10:13 PM
And yes i realised, I DO NEED TO INVEST IN A NEW CAMERA.. just that i had to get these photos quickly because I had to get them out to Lebas in Tooting.

farhan2
09-29-2008, 10:14 PM

Thats it for now.. others arnt finished and also others youve seen and are repeats of orders.. alhamdulillah.

Re.TiReD
09-29-2008, 10:15 PM
WoW....1st one...awesome masha'Allah :thumbs_up

farhan2
09-29-2008, 11:42 PM
alhamdulillah

Ashjan95
10-05-2008, 02:40 PM
Oh mashallah bro thats awsome mashallah hope made a lot of cash for that amazing artwork i cant say anything else but M-A-S-A-L-L-A-H hehehe lov ur work :-)

farhan2
10-06-2008, 10:02 PM
JazakAllah :)

syilla
08-07-2009, 02:09 AM
*bump

thought we should support our muslim brothers :)

farhan2
09-10-2009, 11:09 PM
Assalamualaykum all

JazakAllah Khair for the bumping of this thread sister Syilla even though it was a month ago.. As you are aware im not very active on this forum.

woow I havnt updated this place in a looong time.. then again its been a while since Iv really done some new art.

but anyway.. heres the new art Iv done for summer 09 so far. I only got back home 2 over a week ago from my 1 month long study trip to America and Saudi.

khair..

let me know what you guys think..

farhan2
09-10-2009, 11:09 PM
some more...

farhan2
09-10-2009, 11:10 PM
dont worry theres lot more to come..

farhan2
09-10-2009, 11:10 PM
These next ones are my favourite.

farhan2
09-10-2009, 11:11 PM

farhan2
09-10-2009, 11:11 PM

thats it for now peeps. inshAllah more and new work should be coming within the next few days. Im working on it..

hope you all like them

syilla
09-11-2009, 01:00 AM
nice akheee... :). Jazakallah khayr for sharing

farhan2
09-11-2009, 01:20 PM
:).. inshAllah in due time i shall do and post some more..

Beardo
09-11-2009, 07:22 PM
Wow Masha'Allah. I'm awestruck.

Hayaa
09-11-2009, 07:22 PM

MashaAllah! You're extremely talented! I can't decide which one's better than the other. keep it up!!!!

farhan2
09-12-2009, 12:08 AM
JazakAllah Khair :)

waji
09-14-2009, 11:24 AM
Masha'Allah Great Work

farhan2
09-25-2009, 12:10 AM
Salaams all

so iv been working on some new pieces, of the likes which is quite different to previous ones..
so keep an eye out for this space.. inshAllah new work to be uploaded, actually im not sure when.. but its coming.

THE NEW COLLECTION, the one you'll all want to see. =)

Ramadhan
09-25-2009, 04:33 AM
your art work are really great.
Have you commercialzed them?
can't wait to see your new pieces

farhan2
09-25-2009, 11:31 PM
alhamdulillah that I have, but only in UK really..
got some of my work to America and Australia but not a lot

Re.TiReD
10-02-2009, 10:48 PM
AssalamuAlaykum Bro...

I recently got hold of the thingy putty thingy that helps with texture (Dont know what its called :embarrass) but dont know what to do with it and how to start off with summin simple, any tips?

farhan2
10-02-2009, 10:49 PM
wa alaikum musalaam sis Hafsah,
the putty thingy, because I dont know what it is or called and how it works, i cant really say. does it stay rubbery, does it dry and become hard, i can give you tips, you just need to tell me what it is.

(i know youve read what was here before. just needed to snip it, so that I didnt give away my methods.)

just send me a pm if you like.. that way i can let you in on my secret a little better? =P

Re.TiReD
10-02-2009, 10:52 PM
Awesomeeeeeeee masha'Allah!

I mean like the gold thingy that you got goin on with the texture...

The best I can come up with is this :embarrass:

Need to get more creative but dunno where to start

farhan2
10-02-2009, 11:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hafsah
Awesomeeeeeeee masha'Allah!

I mean like the gold thingy that you got goin on with the texture...

The best I can come up with is this :embarrass:

Need to get more creative but dunno where to start
MashAllah, im liking the pink..
ok to take it a step further is a little i dunno.

because with art its more a persons own style and invention

if you wanted some sort of ideas for this piece that you have done in particular, then maybe you can try making the flower stems in 3d with the putty,and changing the inner white text to gold or silver. that would look really nice.

Re.TiReD
10-02-2009, 11:06 PM
MashAllah, im liking the pink..
ok to take it a step further is a little i dunno.

because with art its more a persons own style and invention

if you wanted some sort of ideas for this piece that you have done in particular, then maybe you can try making the flower stems in 3d with the putty,and changing the inner white text to gold or silver. that would look really nice.
I PM'd you...JazakAllah khayr for the suggestions so far =D

farhan2
10-02-2009, 11:17 PM
Assalamualaykum all
I pray that you are all well.
So alhamdulillah I have done lots of new work as some of you may have already seen on my site or facebook group
in any case heres an update.

dont worry more to come yet

hope you like them so far.

trust me they are only going to get better :D

farhan2
10-02-2009, 11:17 PM
some more

some more coming...

farhan2
10-02-2009, 11:18 PM

now the really cool ones that i really worked hard on and that I love...

farhan2
10-02-2009, 11:18 PM

pay attention on the detail of the pattern, and the two toneing in the background.

more to come...

farhan2
10-02-2009, 11:19 PM

see these are amoungst the newest of designs that I like and worked hard on..

farhan2
10-02-2009, 11:19 PM
AND LEAVING THE BEST TILL LAST :D

^I worked really hard on this one. my favourite by far. i worked really hard on this. a lot of thought process went into this one.

85% of what you see has already sold and gone alhamdulillah.

let me know what you guys think
jazaks

Re.TiReD
10-02-2009, 11:21 PM
Post 239...Final one...wowzers masha'Allah :eek: love the flowery design

farhan2
10-02-2009, 11:37 PM
JazakAllah Khair..
hope everyone else likes them inshAllah

Re.TiReD
10-21-2009, 02:11 PM
I used spray paints for the first time yesterday and I really stuffed up :( it smudged and the spray went under the stencil....Any tips? imsad

farhan2
10-28-2009, 10:38 PM
I used spray paints for the first time yesterday and I really stuffed up :( it smudged and the spray went under the stencil....Any tips? imsad
salaams sis

apologies for the late reply.. been extremely busy.

it happens, tips?

there is a technique in which you have to spray when using stencils etc.. and the technique is dont hold the spray in one spot and spray. that what many people do, or what they do is that they constantly hold the spray down letting all the paint come out whilst moving there hands over and around the stencil. this is not what you want to do.

so tips are..

1. try and wear latex gloves as it is a mission to get the paint off your hands after unless you use hot hot hot water or white spirit.

2. using a stencil no matter what the material is, as long as its not too think like paper or newspaper, something thicker like card, or asetate etc.

3. if you have an adhesive it helps, like a spray glue to hold the stencil down if not then use your hands and spray the stencil section by section.

4. spray the paint over the stencil in a controlled manner dont soak the stencil and spray thinking it wont seep, no matter what the material.

5. The technique is,(follow this instruction carefully if you can)
now hold the can in you hand with your finger on the spray nib, without spraying, practice the motion of swinging your hand left to right and right to left, as if you were drawing a u shape, but not complete, just the bottom part of the u shape.
So your swinging your hand with the can in that motion.
And then as your swinging your hand, only press the spray for the paint to come out when your hand passes over the stencil.

The trick is to cover the stencil and get your paint over the shape in thin layers. Dont build it up too thick because thats how it seeps. so you do one thin layer and you can see its thin. And then to get it darker do to or three. Away if you follow this technique youll understand the concept of layers and getting the stencil more precise. After practice, once you have this technique down you will find it easier and it will be easy and quick to understand and then praying stencils will be easy and fast.

You will most likely get some seeping, i always do, but because i always base my canvas with a primer of some sort, like white primer but most of the time i have base colour like cream or chocolate, i then clean up the seeping by touching it up with the base paint. And alhamdulillah it all works out.

I hope that made sense.

jazaks

Re.TiReD
10-30-2009, 12:11 PM
salaams sis

apologies for the late reply.. been extremely busy.

it happens, tips?

there is a technique in which you have to spray when using stencils etc.. and the technique is dont hold the spray in one spot and spray. that what many people do, or what they do is that they constantly hold the spray down letting all the paint come out whilst moving there hands over and around the stencil. this is not what you want to do.

so tips are..

1. try and wear latex gloves as it is a mission to get the paint off your hands after unless you use hot hot hot water or white spirit.

2. using a stencil no matter what the material is, as long as its not too think like paper or newspaper, something thicker like card, or asetate etc.

3. if you have an adhesive it helps, like a spray glue to hold the stencil down if not then use your hands and spray the stencil section by section.

4. spray the paint over the stencil in a controlled manner dont soak the stencil and spray thinking it wont seep, no matter what the material.

5. The technique is,(follow this instruction carefully if you can)
now hold the can in you hand with your finger on the spray nib, without spraying, practice the motion of swinging your hand left to right and right to left, as if you were drawing a u shape, but not complete, just the bottom part of the u shape.
So your swinging your hand with the can in that motion.
And then as your swinging your hand, only press the spray for the paint to come out when your hand passes over the stencil.

The trick is to cover the stencil and get your paint over the shape in thin layers. Dont build it up too thick because thats how it seeps. so you do one thin layer and you can see its thin. And then to get it darker do to or three. Away if you follow this technique youll understand the concept of layers and getting the stencil more precise. After practice, once you have this technique down you will find it easier and it will be easy and quick to understand and then praying stencils will be easy and fast.

You will most likely get some seeping, i always do, but because i always base my canvas with a primer of some sort, like white primer but most of the time i have base colour like cream or chocolate, i then clean up the seeping by touching it up with the base paint. And alhamdulillah it all works out.

I hope that made sense.

jazaks
Wa'alaykum As-Salam!

That is awesome advice masha'Allah, JazakAllah khayr I really appreciate it! =D I think I've kinda perfected it a little more now alhamdulillah, the funny thing is its the silver spray paint that goes all over the place, the black one I use doesnt though, but what you said makes perfect sense.... =D

BarakAllah feek

Wassalam!

Re.TiReD
11-21-2009, 12:57 PM
:exhausted

Ok, is there any way of making acrylics take longer to dry? :exhausted Basically what I do is paint the canvas with acrylics and then if I'm using spray paints I spray on top or whatever, but the spray usually gets onto parts I dont want or it basically goes under the stencil as I mentioned before, and when I try to fix it and cover it up, it messed the paintwork I've already done :exhausted it leaves weird marks and u can see the part that I've painted over and it doesnt look nice and smooth and perfect anymore :exhausted its annoying.

Also, how long does the thing that you make the texture with take to dry? I did that round circle effect with the comb that you mentioned and its been drying for 48 hours but not fully dried yet :exhausted argh!

Faith.
11-21-2009, 03:38 PM
Wow Masha'Allah your really creative bro farhan. I loved the last one, It luks awsome.!..Keep up the good work,! :D

farhan2
03-07-2010, 03:49 PM
:exhausted

Ok, is there any way of making acrylics take longer to dry? :exhausted Basically what I do is paint the canvas with acrylics and then if I'm using spray paints I spray on top or whatever, but the spray usually gets onto parts I dont want or it basically goes under the stencil as I mentioned before, and when I try to fix it and cover it up, it messed the paintwork I've already done :exhausted it leaves weird marks and u can see the part that I've painted over and it doesnt look nice and smooth and perfect anymore :exhausted its annoying.

Also, how long does the thing that you make the texture with take to dry? I did that round circle effect with the comb that you mentioned and its been drying for 48 hours but not fully dried yet :exhausted argh!
Assalamualalyum, sorry for the extreme late reply, as you are aware im not always on this forum.. just pop on now and again.
Anywho, yes you may find that the spray does seep under into parts it shouldnt go. That happens to me all the time, but when you cover it up with other paint, rather then do it at the same time, let the spray dry and then cover it up. Thats what I do. This can only be done if you have one background colour, and is not blended.. for example im about to post a picture up of my latest piece and you can see that background isnt one colour it is faded and a gradient of spray. so to fix up the mess that could have been made would have been difficult. And it is at time its something you just have to work around. But alhamdulillah I didnt face too much trouble with this one..

You just have to work at it. You'll get the hang of it inshAllah.. The thing that I use it for it to completely dry, depending on how think a layer I put on it, it takes maybe a few hours to 8,10,12 hours. really depends on the amount.
How I do it is, once iv put the texture on, before removing the tape and surround it by scrap paper spray the metallic paint ontop and then remove the tape. This way theres less chance of the spray going all over the place and the painting.

By the way I never knew you had a site mashAllah.. well done:shade:,

farhan2
03-07-2010, 03:51 PM
Asslamualalykum all...

So its been a while since iv updated this thread... mainly due to the pieces that iv done arnt too different to ones you have seen..

ANYWHO...

Heres a new one that is very different to my usual style. Mainly due to it being a commission for a youth centre.

Lets just say it took a while!!!.. haha.. (its 8ft x 4ft)

The text says, Hazrat Ali (RA) said, "Minds get tired as do bodies so treat them with humour refresh your mind from time to time, for a tired mind becomes blind"

The building above the text is the new building they have just made for the youth centre.

I'll leave you all to figure out what the rest of the skyline is.. its not too difficult

JazakAllah Khair. Hope you like it!! :) :D

Misz_Muslimah
03-07-2010, 04:43 PM
^ Mashallah very creative..
Thanks for sharing..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.