/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Study reveals medicinal properties of miswak

ahsan28
09-18-2007, 08:02 AM
Study reveals medicinal properties of miswak

17-09-2007

RIYADH, (Arab News): A study has revealed that the miswak or teeth cleaning sticks used in Arab and Asian countries have greater value than toothbrush and toothpaste.

A group of dentists at King Saud University (KSU) has done a study revealing the medicinal properties of miswak, while miswak sales have gone up considerably in Ramadan this year.

The study suggests that the beneficial effects for oral hygiene and dental health for those who have been using miswak are equal to, if not greater than, those of a toothbrush and toothpaste.

“Miswak has many medicinal properties and can fight plaque, recession of gums, tooth wear, bleeding gums and periodontal pocket depths,” said the study, adding that the repeated process of using them releases fresh sap and silica (a hard glossy mineral), which acts as an abrasive material for the removal stains.

The study explains that the miswak also releases a substance that soothes toothache. It may also improve appetite and regulate peristaltic movements of the gastro-intestinal tract,” said the study.

Referring to the growing sales of miswak, especially during Ramadan this year, Mubarak Al-Oraizi, a miswak seller in Riyadh, said: “Miswak sales have gone up in Ramadan, especially in Makkah and Madinah by nearly 300 percent.

http://www.muslimnews.co.uk/news/news.php?article=13306

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ansar.tajudeen
09-19-2007, 09:00 AM
good information ..and its true too..

jazak allah hairun brother

ansar.tajudeen
09-19-2007, 09:33 AM
check out this link brother to get more information

http://www.survivorsareus.com/index....ak_Siwak_Sewak

unknown_JJ
09-19-2007, 11:56 AM
kool

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Woodrow
09-19-2007, 01:44 PM
:w:

I was just going to start a thread about Miswak and found this excellent one already here.

I have been using a Miswak regulary for about 2 years. I first became aware of Miswaks when I married my second wife, but I had not reverted at that time and did not even know the word miswak nor that it had a role in Islam. My second wife was native American (Cherokee) her people had long used birch twigs as a miswak. They work. They also have many of the same properties as a miswak.

I did not use one regularly at that time as birch trees do not seem to grow in Texas. After I reverted 2 years ago one of the first things I found at a Halal store was miswaks. Discovered you can even get flavored ones. I like the lime flavored ones. Here in Austin many stores now carry Miswaks and non-Muslims are discovering them.

I know that in some parts of the country they are still hard to find, but an online search for Islamic stores will bring up at least some that sell them. I do buy much of my clothing online. The store I by clothing from also sells miswaks. I am not here to promote any particular store so I will not mention it's name. But, do an online search for Islamic stores or for Islamic merchandise and you will find online stores that sell them.

Haidar_Abbas
09-19-2007, 07:28 PM
:sl: miswak is the best...anyone got a good/ safe technique for getting the back side of the teeth clean w/ a miswak? :sl:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.