/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Lobsters

ehitramhaq
09-18-2007, 04:00 PM
Salaam brothers and sisters,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me whether Lobsters are halal or not? I'm assuming not seeing as they eat other creatures, e.g. crabs. But if anyone could clarify this I would appreciate it.

Jazakhalla Khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sevgi
09-18-2007, 04:05 PM
ive reaserched this topic of seafood quite a bit and currently hold my personal firm opinion...

i wont share it coz it is a deep topic and it doesnt coincide with the direct teachings of madhab leaders.

i do not know the story behind lobsters tho...ive just reaserch seafood as a whole...

im sure someone will throw in a url before u can say...url...

salams.

islamirama
09-18-2007, 04:07 PM
wa'salaams,

Are there any types of seafood that Muslims are not permitted to eat?

...Of course, all this applies to the seafood itself. As far as cooked or processed seafood, any added ingredients, flavors or cooking methods that introduce haram ingredients would make the seafood haram.

Woodrow
09-18-2007, 04:22 PM
:sl:

Gentle Reminder,

We are avoiding debate and argument so that we do not succumb to the temptation of becoming angry at this Holy Time.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sevgi
09-18-2007, 04:31 PM
edit

sori woodrow

Fishman
09-18-2007, 08:54 PM
But the question is, why would anybody want to eat a slimy old hagfish anyway? They secrete chemicals which turn water into goop and love nothing better than boring into the side of a dead fish...
:w:

ranma1/2
09-21-2007, 12:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ehitramhaq
Salaam brothers and sisters,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me whether Lobsters are halal or not? I'm assuming not seeing as they eat other creatures, e.g. crabs. But if anyone could clarify this I would appreciate it.

Jazakhalla Khair
hmmm. i dont know about Hala but they are might tasty with butter.
"although they are related to roaches" Hmmmm Lobster the tasty Roach...

YusufNoor
09-21-2007, 01:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
But the question is, why would anybody want to eat a slimy old hagfish anyway? They secrete chemicals which turn water into goop and love nothing better than boring into the side of a dead fish...

Ramadan Mubarak Fishman!

good to see you around!

on topic, ive heard fro those who say shellfish is halaal that they shouldn't be consumed in large quantities because the tend to have a large fat content.

make sure you clarify the butter though...

[starts salivating for some fried scallops and fried clams :p ]

farhan2
09-23-2007, 10:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnRuwahah

By Mufti Ebrahim Desai
Posted: 11 Safar 1424, 13 April 2003
Q.) I would like to ask whether oyster or oyster extract, shrimp, lobster, and shark are halal, haram, makrooh, or makrooh-e-tahrimi according to all four madhabs. Can you please specify the view of each of the four Imams regarding each of the sea foods.
A.) According to the Hanbaliy and Shafi'ee scholars, all living creatures that live in the sea are halal, whether they are in the form of a fish or not. (Fiqh alal Madhaahib al-Arbaa). Based on this, oyster, oyster extract, shrimp, lobster and shark are all halal and permissible.
According to the Maliki scholars, every living creature of the sea is halal and permissible. except eel. (Ibid) Hence, oyster, oyster extract, shrimp, lobster and shark are
According to the Hanafi scholars, the only living creatures of the sea that are permissible are those that are in the form of a fish with an exception of the hagfish and eel. (Ibid). (these 2 even though they are not in the form of a fish they will be permissible to consume).
Hence, according to the Hanafi scholars, it will not be permissible to eat oyster, oyster extract, shrimp and lobsters. It will be permissible to consume shark as it is in the form of a fish.

Source
:) that is correct as I have had lobster a few times.. and is nice.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!