/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Need help for a test about belief in Allah...

ismahan
09-19-2007, 07:04 PM
hey every1 i hav a test coming up tomorrow and i dont have the papers to revise from and two Questions im sure will com up in the exam is...

How does the design argument lead belief in Allah?
and how does the causation argument lead belief in Allah?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ismahan
09-19-2007, 07:07 PM
can som1 please qucikly post any answers u might hav for anyone of these Q's

islamirama
09-19-2007, 08:15 PM
Design Argument - universe is too complex to evolve on it's on, a designer (God) was behind such a thing.

Although there are variations, the basic argument can be stated as follows:
  1. X is too (complex, orderly, adaptive, apparently purposeful, and/or beautiful) to have occurred randomly or accidentally.
  2. Therefore, X must have been created by a (sentient, intelligent, wise, and/or purposeful) being.
  3. God is that (sentient, intelligent, wise, and/or purposeful) being.
  4. Therefore, God exists.
X usually stands for the universe, the evolution process, humankind, a given animal species, or a particular organ like the eye or capability like language in humans. X may also stand for the fundamental constants of the universe like physical constants and physical law. Sometimes this argument is also based on the anthropic principle that these constants seem tuned specifically to allow intelligent life "as we know it" to evolve.
While most of the classic forms of this argument are linked to monotheism, some versions of the argument may substitute for God a lesser demiurge, multiple gods and/or goddesses, or perhaps extraterrestrials as cause for natural phenomena, although reapplication of the argument might still imply an ultimate cause. One can also leave the question of the attributes of a hypothesized "Designer" completely open, yielding the following simple formulation:
  1. Complexity implies a designer.
  2. The universe is highly complex.
  3. Therefore, the universe has a Designer.
Newton and the atheist

Isaac Newton, had invited a scientist-friend of his, a man who professed atheism to dine with him. Seeking to corner his friend with his own arguments, Newton placed a model of the solar system on his table and invited his friend to view it. Upon examining it, Newton’s friend exclaimed, “what a marvellous craftsmanship!” Who fashioned this exquisite model?” Newton replied casually, “This model has no maker, it materialised from nothing.” Disbelief writen large on his face, the friend asked, “What do you mean?” To this, Newton smiled and replied, “How can you my friend, insist that this model has to have a maker, while vehemently denying the existence of a divine Creator?”

Moral: If a model of the solar system must have a creator then what about the gigantic solar system itself? Let us worship that Creator who has created you and me.

Causation argument states that someone had to have "caused" everything to move. Someone has to be the initial person to give it a "push" in order for everything to set in motion. And that someone has to be the Big Cheeze behind all this.

Plato argued that motion in the world and in the cosmos was "imparted motion" that would have required some kind of "self-originated motion" to set it in motion and to maintain the motion.

Aristotle (c. 384–322 BCE) also put forth the idea of a first cause, often referred to as the "Prime Mover" or "Unmoved Mover"

For Aristotle too, as for Plato, the underlying "stuff" of the universe always was in existence and always would be.

Bedouin's logic prove the existence of God

Once, a Bedouin was asked what made an unsophisticated man like him believe in Allah.

Bedouin: "Do you see these marks in the sand?"
Man: "Yes."
Bedouin: "What do they tell you?"
Man: "A camel went by."
Bedouin: "Did you see the camel?"
Man: "No, but these footprints in the sand suggest that a camel made them."
Bedouin: "Do you see these mountains?"
Man: "Yes."
Bedouin: "They are indicative to me that Allah made them."

ismahan
09-19-2007, 09:36 PM
thz alot for ur help i really appreciate it

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
wilberhum
09-19-2007, 09:59 PM
Ismahan,
Would you mind telling us where you go to school?
Or who is giving you the test?

Peace
Wilber

bewildred
09-19-2007, 10:26 PM
Wilbur, I was gonna ask the same questions but you know what? I dunno why, but I kinda guessed that you were gonna be the first to ask,lol.

Bewildred S.

'Abd al-Baari
09-20-2007, 04:02 AM
:sl:

I think these questions are part of the G.S.C.E RE Philosophy & Ethics paper which Inshallah i'll be talking next year :)

syilla
09-20-2007, 04:10 AM
I think there also this subject in the islamic course on aqeedah.

Am i right?

Ibn Al Aqwa
09-20-2007, 02:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullah2907
:sl:

I think these questions are part of the G.S.C.E RE Philosophy & Ethics paper which Inshallah i'll be talking next year :)

lol, dont remember you mentioning you were taking ethics & philosophy...:)

Edit:oh, didit see the r.e part:hiding:

ismahan
09-22-2007, 09:27 PM
well i've already had the exam its not a big exam or anyfing like da its jst a end of Unit exam, and well i've been havin f's and e's lately and i really wanted to push my grades a little. so wen i went hme to revise i saw dat i was missing my ''belief in allah'' section so i thought i might as well ask u lot and alhamdullilah the Q came up in the exam thx to u i think i did well.

wilberhum
09-23-2007, 04:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ismahan
well i've already had the exam its not a big exam or anyfing like da its jst a end of Unit exam, and well i've been havin f's and e's lately and i really wanted to push my grades a little. so wen i went hme to revise i saw dat i was missing my ''belief in allah'' section so i thought i might as well ask u lot and alhamdullilah the Q came up in the exam thx to u i think i did well.
Ismahan,
Again

Would you mind telling us where you go to school?
Or who is giving you the test?

Peace
Wilber

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.