/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is mentally thinking of vengeance against someone who hurt your feelings a sin?

omar_2133
09-20-2007, 03:38 PM
If you think of avenging or punishing a grievance made by someone to you personally, but refrain from putting it into action, would that be considered a sin in Islam?

Wa Salaam,

omar_2133

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
omar_2133
09-27-2007, 04:24 PM
Has anyone got an answer?

Kittygyal
09-27-2007, 04:28 PM
Salamualikum
Don't get it :S

Ummah
09-27-2007, 05:40 PM
He's asking, if someone hurt your feelings, and in your mind you were thinking about how to punish them/get revenge against them, but in reality you did not carry out the revenge, would this still be counted as sin?

so if you think of a sin, but dont do the sin, are u still sinned is the question.

Im sure ive read somewhere that If you think of a sin, but dont do the sin you get suwaab/reward for stopping yourself because you have fought the nafs.

And that if you think of doing a good deed but dont do it, you will get reward for having the intention. But if you think of doing the good deed, and then also DO the good deed, you get rewarded for both your intention and your action.

But i dont have any authority/source for this..jus heard it from time to time... please correct me if im wrong

May Allah swt forgive me if im wrong.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
islamirama
09-27-2007, 05:45 PM
as'salaamu alaikum,

No, it will not be a sin on you.

If a man thinks of something sinful to do but does not act upon it then Allah tells the angels to write one good deed for him, if he acts upon that thought then he sin is written for him. If a person thinks of a something good to do, one deed is written for him and if he acts upon that more good deeds are written for him (as man as Allah wishes). There's a hadith on this also if someone have it close by, maybe they can share it inshallah.

Ummah
09-27-2007, 05:53 PM
^ lol i jus said the exact same thing as u

islamirama
09-27-2007, 05:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ummah
^ lol i jus said the exact same thing as u
yea you beat me to it, maybe i should type a bit faster next time :D

snakelegs
09-27-2007, 06:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama
as'salaamu alaikum,

No, it will not be a sin on you.

If a man thinks of something sinful to do but does not act upon it then Allah tells the angels to write one good deed for him, if he acts upon that thought then he sin is written for him. If a person thinks of a something good to do, one deed is written for him and if he acts upon that more good deeds are written for him (as man as Allah wishes). There's a hadith on this also if someone have it close by, maybe they can share it inshallah.
i like this concept. :sunny:
we can't always control our thoughts, but we do have a choice whether to carry them out or not.

islamirama
09-27-2007, 06:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
i like this concept. :sunny:
we can't always control our thoughts, but we do have a choice whether to carry them out or not.
exactly! :shade:

Pk_#2
09-27-2007, 06:47 PM
Phew!! :embarrass :muddlehea

ahsan28
09-27-2007, 07:25 PM
We are all fallible humans and do go over the brim after having suffered from emotional tantrums. There are times, all of us want to lash out at others on one pretext or the other. These are natural feelings. Everyone has had them from time to time. And how do you overcome these feelings and emotions is what counts. This is just a general viewpoint besides the answer to your question, covered already in the above posts :D

speedstreem89
10-04-2007, 01:42 AM
i guess thicking about it isnt tht bad as long as u hold your emotions and controle your anger and not actually do wht u r thinking of in your mind , ( its my opinion)..

syilla
10-04-2007, 02:04 AM
:salamext:

bad intention is not a sin...

but it will spoil your soul.

'In their hearts is a disease; and Allah has increased their disease: and grievous is the penalty they (incur), because they are false (to themselves).' (Al-Baqarah 2:10)

When the heart gets sick, it loses its desire and ability to do right and good deeds. This affects the morals and manners of a person and his/her general behavior. What are the major diseases that affect the hearts and how to take precaution and what are the cures in case one is affected with these ailments? Following are some of the diseases of the hearts:

1. Arrogance and conceit (al-kibr wa al-ghurur)
2. Ostentation (al-riya’)
3. Jealousy or envy, hate and deceit (al-hasad, al-hiqd, al-ghish)
4. Suspicion (su’ al-zann)
5. Anger (al-ghadab)
6. Stinginess (al-bukhl)
7. Love of Jah (power, money, position and fame)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.