/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Last 10 Days of Ramadhan

omar_2133
09-20-2007, 03:59 PM
What specfically should I do in the last ten days of Ramadhan, if I want to earn Allah's forgiveness for all the sins I have commited in my life so far?

Wa Salaam,

omar_2133

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Helena
09-25-2007, 11:13 AM
erm i've found this article based on the last days of Ramadan and hope its useful to u akhee..

http://www.islamicboard.com/search/search-id/695276/

wslaam..:)

IbnAbdulHakim
09-25-2007, 11:15 AM
just do good deeds and nawwafil ibaadah like crazy!!!! u dont kno which night laylatul qadr could be :ooh: although scholars say its most likely to be 27th, and much proof is given for that HOWEVER its not 100% certain, so all ten nights must be taken full advantage of !

ahmeduk
09-26-2007, 07:54 AM
Ensure no sin or wrong at all is committed.
Say all your prayers on time and with the congregation if possible.
Increase your ibadah.
Increase your dua' and in it plead for forgiveness from Allah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Md Mashud
09-27-2007, 12:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
just do good deeds and nawwafil ibaadah like crazy!!!! u dont kno which night laylatul qadr could be :ooh: although scholars say its most likely to be 27th, and much proof is given for that HOWEVER its not 100% certain, so all ten nights must be taken full advantage of !
Some say, the hidden nature of the date - was Allahs way of making people not leave everything for 1 day - rather they do so continuously through ramadan as they should do.

al Amaanah
09-27-2007, 12:24 AM
^ subhana Allah

jannah1
09-27-2007, 02:37 AM
:sl:

Go to Iktikaf at the masjid InshaAllah:)

north_malaysian
10-01-2007, 05:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
just do good deeds and nawwafil ibaadah like crazy!!!!
But dont be crazy! :p

Ummu Sufyaan
10-01-2007, 07:05 AM
i hope this helps.

For English speakers:
It's virtues
How should we observe Laylat al-Qadr and when is it?
For the sisters

For Arabic speakers:
It virtues
How should we observe Laylat al-Qadr and when is it?
For the Sisters

by the way, dumb qn, but have the last ten days started yet?

Medina83
10-01-2007, 11:14 AM
^ Jazak Allahu khair sis Maryam for those links!

Doesn't Ramadan end at Maghrib on the night of the 13th of October?

Wouldnt that mean the ten nights start from Maghrib on Wednesday the 3rd ..in two days time?

Ummu Sufyaan
10-01-2007, 11:17 AM
hmm....i dont know. what's the date of ramadan today (monday 1 oct 07)

Al-Zaara
10-01-2007, 11:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by maryam11
hmm....i dont know. what's the date of ramadan today (monday 1 oct 07)
Aleykum selam,

In my calendar it says 19th of Ramazan.

Ummu Sufyaan
10-01-2007, 11:44 AM
is it monday where you live sis?

Medina83
10-01-2007, 11:50 AM
Its the 19th day of fasting but because we started tarawih the night before the first day of fasting in Ramadan..and there are no tarawih after isha on the last day of Ramadan (the 13th) .doesn't this mean the last ten nights end on the 12th?

Thats how I would have seen it anyway...i hope someone knows for sure what it is!!

Ummu Sufyaan
10-01-2007, 12:00 PM
hmmm...good point. inshallah, i'll investigate further.

Al-Zaara
10-01-2007, 12:03 PM
is it monday where you live sis?
Aleykum selam,

Yes. Do you live somewhere where the week starts with sunday? :ooh:

format_quote Originally Posted by Medina83
Its the 19th day of fasting but because we started tarawih the night before the first day of fasting in Ramadan..and there are no tarawih after isha on the last day of Ramadan (the 13th) .doesn't this mean the last ten nights end on the 12th?

Thats how I would have seen it anyway...i hope someone knows for sure what it is!!
Selam aleykum

That's how it says in my calendar.

Ummu Sufyaan
10-01-2007, 12:09 PM
no sis al-zaara, but where im in at the moment another country is 19 hours behind. thats nearly a whole day. so i figured maybe not everyone has reached monday yet.

Al-Zaara
10-01-2007, 12:14 PM
no sis al-zaara, but where im in at the moment another country is 19 hours behind. thats nearly a whole day. so i figured maybe not everyone has reached monday yet.
Aleykum selam,

Aha, OK now I understand maryam. :)

Selam aleykum

.: Jannati :.
10-01-2007, 04:08 PM
yikes..subhan'Allah!!!..RAMADHAN is nearly at its last stage!!! subhan'Allah its just swiftly gone by who knows if we will be blessed with yet another one next year.. :'(

doodlebug
10-01-2007, 05:39 PM
I thought Ramadan ends on the 12th? And that the first day of the new month is the 13th?

jannah1
10-02-2007, 03:07 AM

In my state, its tuesday today and the brothers starting their iktikaf tonite MashaAllah:smile:

//-Asif-\\
10-02-2007, 03:34 AM
I believe this is the most helpful article for you,Brothers and Sisters.

http://www.islamicity.com/articles/A...ef=IC0610-3135

*~Sofia~*
10-02-2007, 07:51 AM
Salam

wow great thread :D i was thinkin of makin one myself..looks like i dont have to now! neway some wiked links here, and sum excellent tips too... i cant wait to put em all into practice :D
sister Maryam and brother Asif, ur links were :thumbs_up jazakhallah khair for sharin em wid us :)

w'salam

Medina83
10-02-2007, 08:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Medina83

oops just checked my calender it does end the 12 so the last ten nights end on the 11th and it starts tonight :eek:

al Amaanah
10-02-2007, 04:11 PM
It was narrated from ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Seek Laylat al-Qadr among the odd numbered nights of the last ten nights of Ramadaan.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 2017; Muslim, 1169.

Al-Bukhaari included this hadeeth in a chapter entitled: “Seeking Laylat al-Qadr among the odd numbered nights of the last ten nights (of Ramadaan).”

The reason why it is hidden is to encourage the Muslim to strive hard in worship and du’aa’ and dhikr during all the last ten nights of Ramadaan. This is the same reason why the time when du’aa’ is answered on Friday has not been defined, and why the ninety-names of Allaah have not been defined, concerning which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever learns them by heart will enter Paradise.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 2736; Muslim, 2677.

Al-Haafiz Ibn Hajar (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

The words of Imam al-Bukhaari (may Allaah have mercy on him) – “Seeking Laylat al-Qadr among the odd numbered nights of the last ten nights (of Ramadaan)” – indicate that it is most likely that Laylat al-Qadar cannot be in any month other than Ramadaan, and is in the last ten nights thereof, and is one of the odd-numbered nights, but not on any particular night. This is what is indicated by a number of the reports that have been narrated concerning it.

Fath al-Baari, 4/260.

And he said:

The scholars said: The reason why Laylat al-Qadar has been concealed is so that people will strive to seek it, because if its timing was known, they would limit their efforts to that night only, as we have explained previously about the time on Friday (when du’aa’s are answered).

Fath al-Baari, 4/266.

Thirdly:

Based on this, it is not possible for anyone to be certain that a particular night is Laylat al-Qadr, especially since we know that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) wanted to tell his ummah when it was, then he told them that Allaah had taken away that knowledge.

It was narrated from ‘Ubaadah ibn al-Saamit (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) came out with the news of Laylat al-Qadr, but two men among the Muslims started arguing. He said: “I came out to tell you about Laylat al-Qadr, but So and so and So and so started arguing, so (that knowledge) was taken away. Perhaps that will be better for you. So seek it on the (twenty-) seventh and the (twenty-) ninth and the (twenty-) fifth.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 49.

The scholars of the Standing Committee said:

With regard to singling out one night of Ramadaan as Laylat al-Qadr, this requires evidence to show that it is this night and not any other. But the odd numbered nights of the last ten nights of Ramadaan are more likely than others (to be Laylat al-Qadr) and the twenty-seventh night is the most likely night to be Laylat al-Qadr, because of the ahaadeeth to that effect.

Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah li’l-Buhooth al-‘Ilmiyyah wa’l-Ifta’, 10/413

Islamqa.com

Ommuslim
10-04-2007, 07:30 PM
Jazakom allahu khairan all :)

al Amaanah
10-06-2007, 11:38 AM
Ameen, wa iyyaaki.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.