/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How many versions of Quran are there?

Nerd
09-21-2007, 03:25 AM
Heard there are more than one authentic versions of Quran... Since its already mentioned in the Quran that it cannot be changed... can someone refute this allegation of existance of various different versions of the Holy Quran?!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Anwarica
09-21-2007, 03:42 AM
:sl:
I remembered my physics teacher telling me this: "Gather all Quran all over the world, you will never find a difference".

Now, what do you mean by versions? do you mean "translations"?

I remember when a programmer provided electronic version of Quran for Pocket PCs, he forget 2 letters in a Sura .. I repeat, he forgot "2 letters" in the whole book, it was enough to bring his software down. For Muslims, it's a serious matter :)

جوري
09-21-2007, 03:54 AM
Sob7an Allah it is enough how many of us know it by heart...
my sister found a phony Quran once from two ayas that were changed.. How many people out there know their book inside out?
'tis true as Allah SWT describes

إِنَّا نَحْنُ نَزَّلْنَا الذِّكْرَ وَإِنَّا لَهُ لَحَافِظُونَ {9}
15:9 We have, without doubt, sent down the Message; and We will assuredly guard it (from corruption).

:w:

Md Mashud
09-21-2007, 04:24 AM
A distorted version of the Quran can never go mainstream and never has to this date - Like how we believe Bible/Torah has undergone.

People have created edited Qurans - but they got destroyed.

The Quran message - hence - hasn't been changed. Malliciously creating yourself an edited version and maybe even distributing it somewhat does not mean you have changed the message. This would be in less than 0.1% of cases, hardly changing. Nor have they been approved - hence they was just rejected by the people. When accepted by great scholars or somewhat - a different version than the one which we hold as true - only then can you proclaim we really have had the Quran message changed.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
north_malaysian
09-21-2007, 04:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nerd
Heard there are more than one authentic versions of Quran... Since its already mentioned in the Quran that it cannot be changed... can someone refute this allegation of existance of various different versions of the Holy Quran?!
Source?

I remember long time ago a Christian saying that there are many versions of Koran... when we asked the source... it lead to a French website about Qiraat Al Qur'an... :exhausted

syilla
09-21-2007, 04:47 AM
there is only one quran...which is in arabic.

:D

north_malaysian
09-21-2007, 04:53 AM
maybe he's referring to this...

snakelegs
09-21-2007, 04:56 AM
maybe he is talking about translations....

asadxyz
09-21-2007, 05:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nerd
Peace:
Allah SWT has made a very foolproof arrangement for the preservation of this Holy book and it has been in the Hearts (Minds) of the thousands of Huffaaz (memorizers of the Holy Quran) continuously for the last 1400 yrs not for the break of even a single second.
Even if somewebsite or printing press tries to tamper it ,it cannot be changed in the human minds.
So do not worry about the Holy Quran.

------
09-21-2007, 11:17 AM
:salamext:

Only one version, and will remain so, Alhamdulillaah :D

tarek29
09-22-2007, 05:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
Salam Alekom,

There is no VERSIONS of QURAN, QURAN is ONE since Prophet Mohamed (pbuh) and the History of Quran is very clear!

Quran were send by SEVEN Arabic Accents as Arab Tribes have seven different Accents, and those Seven Accents are what is mentioned in the Anti Islamic web site above!

Directcal marks were added later by Muslims as Islamic world became larger and a lot of nations with different Languages entered Islam and there were a lot of ACCENTS, so Directcal Marks were done so that we can read QURAN in SEVEN accents same as Prophet Mohamed (pbuh) read it to us!

If we gather all Quran in the world and burn it, we need only two MUSLIMS who memorize QURAN to gather it again with the same way Prophet Mohamed (pbuh) read it to us!

The Anti Islamic web site answer-Islam have Muslim web site www.answering-christianity.com that answers all what is written against ISLAM!

This answering-islam I call them KG1 web site to fill the blanks!

They have a lot of problems in the bible, so they want to export their problems to us, they have Translation problems, also Version problems, they also dont have original source or authors of the bible etc....

May Allah (saw) guide us all!

PEACE

Bassam Zawadi
10-15-2007, 10:37 AM
Assalamu Alaykum

Maybe these set of articles that I wrote over here http://www.call-to-monotheism.com/qur_anic_variants might help.

Studentofdeed
09-08-2018, 10:42 PM
There is only one quran. You see and check this everyday.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.