/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What's your occupation?

Pages : [1] 2

rozeena
09-21-2007, 08:16 AM
i was jus wonderin wat different careers evri1 on this forum follow, as im bit confused, wrk in bank bt want 2 change as ive been told its not permissible 2 deal wid interest etc. so id be veri grateful if u cud share

wt careers u follow?
hw u gt in2 it?
Do u enjoy it?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
09-21-2007, 08:55 AM
assalamu alaikum sis

utmost respect 4 trying to change becoz u dnt think its halal to deal with interest, may Allah reward u jannatul firdaus

as for my career, i've been an IT trainee for the past two years, they are now considering me for networking positions aswell as helpdesk/desktop and remote support positions within the information systems department of a university (university College London) to be exact, so make dua i get one of those positions inshaAllah.

i got into it by finding an ad online and filling out an application lol, may Allah give u the best inshaAllah

rozeena
09-21-2007, 09:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
assalamu alaikum sis

utmost respect 4 trying to change becoz u dnt think its halal to deal with interest, may Allah reward u jannatul firdaus

as for my career, i've been an IT trainee for the past two years, they are now considering me for networking positions aswell as helpdesk/desktop and remote support positions within the information systems department of a university (university College London) to be exact, so make dua i get one of those positions inshaAllah.

i got into it by finding an ad online and filling out an application lol, may Allah give u the best inshaAllah
inshallah you'll get it bro. it sounds reali hard? do u enjoy it?

IbnAbdulHakim
09-21-2007, 09:26 AM
^ naa its not really hard sis, they let you do things at a pace your comfy with and teach you before they let you get independant with the work. Yeah i do enjoy it most of the time coz the people are jokers lol

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
rozeena
09-21-2007, 09:55 AM
^ naa its not really hard sis, they let you do things at a pace your comfy with and teach you before they let you get independant with the work. Yeah i do enjoy it most of the time coz the people are jokers lol
wt was da entry requirement 4 it? n is it a apprenticeship? yeh its a lauf wen u hav jokas at wrk evri1 where i wrk is a lauf, id hate 2 leave bt wt cn u do.its gta b done.

IbnAbdulHakim
09-21-2007, 11:08 AM
entry requirement was really low sis seein as its meant for college leavers (age 17-19), so they mainly look towards ur GSCE (above C's) A levels (passes) and then they teach u from scratch.

i feel fortunate to hav gotten this job Alhamdulillah :),

*~Sofia~*
09-21-2007, 11:25 AM
Salams sis :)

Im in my 3rd year at uni, studyin biomedical science. To tell u the truth, i have no idea why i chose this particular course :lol: i guess all my mates were doin it, so i fort, yehwhy not, ill do it too! i was so confused as to what i wanted to be in life..
But neway, im in my 3rd year now, and alhamdulillah im really enjoying now :D im actually interested in learning lol

I've decided that inshallah (if i get the grades i need) i'll be studying pharmacy next, inshallah (make du'a for me please :))

But yeh, are u in college at the mo? or did u go straight into job after skool?

w'salam

rozeena
09-21-2007, 12:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *~Sofia~*
Salams sis :)

Im in my 3rd year at uni, studyin biomedical science. To tell u the truth, i have no idea why i chose this particular course :lol: i guess all my mates were doin it, so i fort, yehwhy not, ill do it too! i was so confused as to what i wanted to be in life..
But neway, im in my 3rd year now, and alhamdulillah im really enjoying now :D im actually interested in learning lol

I've decided that inshallah (if i get the grades i need) i'll be studying pharmacy next, inshallah (make du'a for me please :))

But yeh, are u in college at the mo? or did u go straight into job after skool?

w'salam
i hope u get the grades u want inshallah. dat sounds gud. iv always wanted 2 wrk in bank so afta skool i wrkd in pharmacy 4 experience den gt job here, bt den found out cnt deal wid interest so will hav 2 follow diferent career inshallah,

rozeena
09-21-2007, 12:03 PM
entry requirement was really low sis seein as its meant for college leavers (age 17-19), so they mainly look towards ur GSCE (above C's) A levels (passes) and then they teach u from scratch.

i feel fortunate to hav gotten this job Alhamdulillah :),
dt sounds gud, yeh atleast u cn progress n stuff innit,

*~Sofia~*
09-21-2007, 05:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by rozeena
i hope u get the grades u want inshallah. dat sounds gud. iv always wanted 2 wrk in bank so afta skool i wrkd in pharmacy 4 experience den gt job here, bt den found out cnt deal wid interest so will hav 2 follow diferent career inshallah,
yeh inshallah, im gna be working sooo hard this year..im stressed already! :scared:

wouldnt u want to study sumfing instead of goin into work? did u enjoy working in the pharmacy? maybe consider that if u enjoyed it? or somefing else that u enjoy?

Ibn Al Aqwa
09-21-2007, 05:09 PM
Well im going in the same path as bro IbnAbdulHakim funnily enough...im at college studying for it...and yeh i think its quite good. Wouldnt say i enjoy it though but its alright...

hey...bro IbnAbdulHakim, no chance of you sorting us out with a job some time soon is there?

lol, just kidding ;D

IbnAbdulHakim
09-21-2007, 10:57 PM
^ i'd love to hav another practisin muslim bro as a colleague :D if only u was local tho :(

Md Mashud
09-21-2007, 11:08 PM
What did you do at a bank exactly? It would be rare for someone to deal with interest as young employee.

wilberhum
09-21-2007, 11:09 PM
rozeena,
I too am in IT. In fact I was in IT when it was called Data Processing.
That was in 1965. So I have been at it for 42 years. I love it but there is a major problem. In what other field does most all of your experience become worthless?

It changes soooooooooooooooooooooo fast that kids with 2 or 3 years experience know thinks I don't. At 61 that's a serious problem.

Md Mashud
09-21-2007, 11:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum
rozeena,
I too am in IT. In fact I was in IT when it was called Data Processing.
That was in 1965. So I have been at it for 42 years. I love it but there is a major problem. In what other field does most all of your experience become worthless?

It changes soooooooooooooooooooooo fast that kids with 2 or 3 years experience know thinks I don't. At 61 that's a serious problem.
Your not 61! :uuh:

shible
09-21-2007, 11:18 PM
:sl:

Hi Sis,

I am not sure how my profession will help u ,

I am a S/w Engineer and am into programming. My line is S/w is Data Warehousing.

Since i am from India the educationla system here is

schooling till grade 12

Engineering 4 years or Graduation 3 years

Post Graduation 3 years for Computers and 2 years for Business Administration

:w:

wilberhum
09-21-2007, 11:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Md Mashud
Your not 61! :uuh:
Look at my profile. :D

Md Mashud
09-21-2007, 11:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum
Look at my profile. :D
I thought it was a joke :skeleton:

wilberhum
09-22-2007, 01:31 AM
I thought it was a joke :skeleton:
My first job in IT was operating an IBM 1401. No tapes no disks, all information was stored on 80 col cards. It had 4K of memory. Bigger systems had 8K. The largest commercial system was 16k. That was as big as you could get on an octal system. I remember going with my daughter to the Smythonion in Washington DC when she was going to uni there in 1994. There was an IBM 370 there. I told her that I remembered when we upgraded to that mode. The PC that I am using at home is 100 of times more powerful that the computers I started working with.

So Ya, I'm that old. Actually I almost 62.

So why did you think it was a joke?

Md Mashud
09-22-2007, 01:52 AM
You don't expect to see a 61 year old guy on Islamicboard, is why :O.

'Abd al-Baari
09-22-2007, 04:14 AM

You should ask bro Woodrow how he is^ i'm sure he's older :)

Anyways back on topic..i'm still at school at the moment..but we did this careers test and apparently my top job is 'Educational Psychologist':X
Anyone know anything about this?

itsme
09-22-2007, 06:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullah2907

You should ask bro Woodrow how he is^ i'm sure he's older :)

Anyways back on topic..i'm still at school at the moment..but we did this careers test and apparently my top job is 'Educational Psychologist':X
Anyone know anything about this?

Got this for you from the net.

An educational psychologist is concerned with helping children or young people who are experiencing problems within an educational setting with the aim of enhancing their learning. These may include learning difficulties and social or emotional problems. They work with the individual child and also advise teachers, parents and other professionals who are involved.

Their work with individual children involves an assessment of the child using observation, interviews and test materials. Educational psychologists also provide in-service training for teachers and other professionals on issues such as:

* behaviour management;
* stress management;
* assessment.

The work can also involve advising on educational provisions and policies and carrying out research.

Typical work activities include:

* assessing young people's learning and emotional needs by working directly with them and consulting with others who are close to them;
* developing and supporting therapeutic and behaviour management programmes;
* designing and developing courses on topics such as bullying for parents, teachers and others involved with the education of children and young people;
* writing reports to make formal recommendations on action to be taken, including formal statements;
* advising, negotiating, persuading and supporting teachers, parents and other education professionals;
* attending case-conferences involving multidisciplinary teams on how best to meet the social, emotional, behavioural and learning needs of the children and young people in their care;
* prioritising effectiveness: the context and environment that influences the child's development is seen as increasingly important. In order to make the most effective use of your time, you can expect to spend more time sharing your expertise and working in multidisciplinary teams, rather than simply being concerned with one-to-one assessments;
* liaising with and facilitating meetings, discussions and courses with other professionals;
* developing and reviewing policies;
* conducting active research.

get more details here:
http://www.prospects.ac.uk/cms/ShowP...geno=1&idno=67

itsme
09-22-2007, 06:26 AM
and for all those who are having difficulty choosing a career, this may help insha allah.

http://www.prospects.ac.uk/cms/ShowP...f_jobs/p!elmjX

Protected_Diamond
09-22-2007, 09:17 PM
^^ Hey cool link Jazahka Allah. Very informative

Intisar
09-23-2007, 03:34 AM
:sl: At first it was journalism, then it was psychology, then it was being an English teacher and now I might just become a Nurse. The following reasons are: a) It's only four years of Uni b) It pays good c) Our Ummah is in dire need of better Medical doctors/nurses. I don't know though, Allah Ta'ala knows best. I'm just hoping for something that I will enjoy for the rest of my life. :)

Pygoscelis
09-23-2007, 12:30 PM
I am a lawyer practicing mostly litigation (I've done a lot of personal injury) as well as wills and estates. I used to like it more than I do now. I'm actually looking for a career change myself.

'Abd al-Baari
09-23-2007, 01:02 PM

Got this for you from the net.

An educational psychologist is concerned with helping children or young people who are experiencing problems within an educational setting with the aim of enhancing their learning. These may include learning difficulties and social or emotional problems. They work with the individual child and also advise teachers, parents and other professionals who are involved.

Their work with individual children involves an assessment of the child using observation, interviews and test materials. Educational psychologists also provide in-service training for teachers and other professionals on issues such as:

* behaviour management;
* stress management;
* assessment.

The work can also involve advising on educational provisions and policies and carrying out research.

Typical work activities include:

* assessing young people's learning and emotional needs by working directly with them and consulting with others who are close to them;
* developing and supporting therapeutic and behaviour management programmes;
* designing and developing courses on topics such as bullying for parents, teachers and others involved with the education of children and young people;
* writing reports to make formal recommendations on action to be taken, including formal statements;
* advising, negotiating, persuading and supporting teachers, parents and other education professionals;
* attending case-conferences involving multidisciplinary teams on how best to meet the social, emotional, behavioural and learning needs of the children and young people in their care;
* prioritising effectiveness: the context and environment that influences the child's development is seen as increasingly important. In order to make the most effective use of your time, you can expect to spend more time sharing your expertise and working in multidisciplinary teams, rather than simply being concerned with one-to-one assessments;
* liaising with and facilitating meetings, discussions and courses with other professionals;
* developing and reviewing policies;
* conducting active research.

get more details here:
http://www.prospects.ac.uk/cms/ShowP...geno=1&idno=67
that seems quite interesting actually..
Jazakallah Khair for sharing sis :)

Muhammad
09-23-2007, 01:53 PM

I've added a poll... let me know if I've missed anything out!

Woodrow
09-23-2007, 02:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad

I've added a poll... let me know if I've missed anything out!

You forgot me "RETIRED" But I'm probably the only one, so I just checked other

ahsan28
09-23-2007, 02:21 PM
I have neither seen a college nor a uni ^o)

'Abd al-Baari
09-23-2007, 03:35 PM

have neither seen a college nor a uni
i think that falls under 'student'
anways sister pixie..don't be scared to share with us..we won't think your boasting! :D

itsme
09-23-2007, 04:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Protected_Diamond
^^ Hey cool link Jazahka Allah. Very informative

good. then don't forget me in ur duahs. :) :) :)

Aisha20
09-23-2007, 04:08 PM
High School Student :D studyin accounting! (wanna be CPA or business manager) Still 2 years more to graduate from school! :/ am in 10th :p

The Ruler
09-23-2007, 04:23 PM

College student [geee, that sounds old] hoping to study medicine in university insha'Allah.

seeker_of_ilm
09-23-2007, 10:34 PM

I'm a Chemical Engineering student. Not sure what I'm gonna do if/when I graduate insha'Allah.

Woodrow
09-23-2007, 11:09 PM
I finally got to vote Retired.

NoName55
09-23-2007, 11:46 PM

snakelegs
09-24-2007, 01:53 AM
voted "other". i am disabled.....a welfare bum! :D
glad to see we have no bankers, but we could use a few journalists.

north_malaysian
09-24-2007, 06:44 AM
I'm a legal practitioner .. and it's boring..+o(

I hope I could open a bookstore. A Hyper-Bookstore!!!

rozeena
09-24-2007, 07:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by *~Sofia~*
yeh inshallah, im gna be working sooo hard this year..im stressed already! :scared:

wouldnt u want to study sumfing instead of goin into work? did u enjoy working in the pharmacy? maybe consider that if u enjoyed it? or somefing else that u enjoy?

i wud like 2 do sumfin in social wrk bt den i fink its like a 3yr full time course, n i reali need 2 b earnin as gt sooo much stuff 2 pay 4, so nt sure n plus id b like a yr behind.im sooooooooo confused???

rozeena
09-24-2007, 08:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
I'm a legal practitioner .. and it's boring..+o(

I hope I could open a bookstore. A Hyper-Bookstore!!!
lol! yeh u cud do,

rozeena
09-24-2007, 08:11 AM
What did you do at a bank exactly? It would be rare for someone to deal with interest as young employee.
it was customer service advisor (a posher way of saying cashier).bt u gta sell accounts wid interst etc, n its nt case of if u wnt, cus u HAVE to u get given a target n if dnt reach it u get a ear full! lol

north_malaysian
09-24-2007, 08:24 AM
lol! yeh u cud do,
yeah... if I'm a Millionaire!!! Inshallah!!:p

I just want people to read a lot!!!

rozeena
09-24-2007, 10:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
yeah... if I'm a Millionaire!!! Inshallah!!:p

I just want people to read a lot!!!
lol! yeh inshallah well lets hope u become a millionaire den bro. so u can open a bookstore n share ur dosh wid ur muslim bros n sistas on dis forum ( hint, hint) lol.

bewildred
09-24-2007, 12:42 PM
Well, as far as I'm concerned, I have never thought of being a teacher. I think it's teaching that has chosen me. I don't regret this choice.

Bewildred S.

Ibn Al Aqwa
09-24-2007, 02:24 PM
So no ones on the dole? ;D

sevgi
09-24-2007, 02:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by -Ibn Adam-
So no ones on the dole? ;D
unemployed? other?:D

but lol..i get ya....

i myself am a student...i have no itentions of leaving the extensive bubble of acedemia...yet...i would like to remain a student as long as i can...until i either become a uni teacher of some sort, or back out early and become a highschool teacher...khayr inshallah....

pray for me.

ahsan28
09-24-2007, 05:24 PM
Becoming a school teacher as compared to uni lecturer is an easy option, as one has to be less prepared :D

guyabano
09-24-2007, 05:38 PM
I'm an engineer in robot arms, Teleplatforms, Docking systems, Crane systems
and Engine test cells. I study several years on technical institutes. During my past years, I often travel abroad to startup new facilities, adjust softwares, mainly SIEMENS programmable logic controllers, FANUC, ASEA and ABB Robots, etc...
Last year, I stop that as I became tired of living 'in the suitcase' and I run now my own little business in electric appliances, have a 10 men repair team and a sales lady. I do that for the sake of my family.

chacha_jalebi
09-24-2007, 07:24 PM
stoooooodant :shade:

but i voted other cos it sounds better :D

Woodrow
09-24-2007, 07:37 PM
Full time Father/Grandfather/Great Grandfather and Chipmunk feeder, but I put down Retired because it sounded better.

Kittygyal
09-24-2007, 07:40 PM
soo nosy people

deen_2007
09-24-2007, 08:01 PM
^ huh kitty? *confused*

anyway

....undergraduate .....

Aisha20
09-24-2007, 10:04 PM
^ didnt understand aswell :/

north_malaysian
09-25-2007, 02:40 AM
lol! yeh inshallah well lets hope u become a millionaire den bro. so u can open a bookstore n share ur dosh wid ur muslim bros n sistas on dis forum ( hint, hint) lol.
ok... inshallah ta'ala!!!:D

north_malaysian
09-25-2007, 02:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Chipmunk feeder...
Can those chipmunks speak too like Alvin and the Chipmunks? :p

rozeena
09-25-2007, 01:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by deen_2007
^ huh kitty? *confused*

anyway

....undergraduate .....

lol! i think she means we're soooo nosy cus we wana knw wt jobs ppl do lol! i fink dts wt she meant nt sure

Walter
09-25-2007, 01:24 PM
Hi Rozeena:

I think that it is admirable that you are trying to change professions on the principal of usury. May God bless you and grant you good success in this endeavour. Given the number of students that voted, perhaps I can share some personal advice on selecting a career.

My desire was to do God’s will, for His way is perfect. Unfortunately I did not know what His will was for me career-wise. As a teenager, I used to pray, explaining to the Lord that I desperately wanted to do His will and follow His path, but I needed to know what that path was. I suppose that it is little unfair that you can look back and clearly see the path, but you cannot always identify it ahead.

Someone told me that once we are moving, then God can direct us in the right direction. However, if we are stationary, then we will go nowhere. So should therefore be actively doing something so that God can point us in the right direction. Apparently God does not provide the pushing force - that is up to us.

If you are in school, then I would suggest that you identify your aptitudes. It may be several things. Identifying your aptitudes can be challenging since you must give each subject a fair chance. Please do not judge your aptitude by the grades that you have received, they can be poor aptitude indicators. A few examples may suffice here.

1. You may not think that you like music if you were only taught music theory, but you may excel if you learnt to ‘play by ear’.

2. Similarly, you may not like language theory and conjugating verbs, but you may excel if you learnt conversational language.

3. You may find science subjects challenging; however, try reading your science texts from the first chapter until the end and you may be amazed at how easy the subject actually is.

Concurrently with identifying your aptitudes, identify (preferably by writing) some jobs that you find attractive. Then ask yourself, why do I want to do this job. i.e. try to identify your motives. If your motive is principally to make money, then you may have selected the wrong job for you. If your motive is principally care, then that is a possibility. You must care about what you do rather than simply doing a good job and getting paid for your services.

It may be useful if you worked for a company (it can be a company of one) who offered the service that you found attractive. If they are not hiring, then offer to work for them for one month for free, explaining to them that you see it as an investment (and it is). If you have made that agreement, then DO NOT QUIT!!!!! If you do quit, then that decision may follow you for the rest of your life. If you do not think that you can last one month, then agree to work for one week without pay. Remember to explain that you are trying to choose a career and therefore want to work in the environment to help you decide.

I started working here for free, and 15 years later, I am an owner of the largest consulting Engineering firm in the region. I hope that this helps.

Regards,
Grenville

shible
09-25-2007, 06:15 PM
Any how,

Whatever be your Line, The easiest line to switch over now a days is the IT line.

It is soooo Vaast that you could fit your self in any part of it.

some classification on IT are:

Software
Hardware
Networking
Multimedia/Graphics Designer
Application developer
Database Administration
Database developer
System analyst
OS Administrator/ System Administrator
Faculty

These the top level fields and each of them have more classifications

deen_2007
09-25-2007, 06:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by shible
Any how,

Whatever be your Line, The easiest line to switch over now a days is the IT line.

It is soooo Vaast that you could fit your self in any part of it.

some classification on IT are:

Software
Hardware
Networking
Multimedia/Graphics Designer
Application developer
Database Administration
Database developer
System analyst
OS Administrator/ System Administrator
Faculty

These the top level fields and each of them have more classifications
is it good money? :p

(might consider it, if it is, if i dnt reach my goal)

shible
09-25-2007, 06:51 PM
IT is were Money plays the main role that's the reason why u find more of those IT companies in the Fortune 500 LIST

Kittygyal
09-25-2007, 06:59 PM
Salamualikum.
ICT*

Md Mashud
09-25-2007, 10:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by shible
IT is were Money plays the main role that's the reason why u find more of those IT companies in the Fortune 500 LIST
Actually, high finance (banking, insurance, private equity, derivatives, stockbroking, corporate finance, accounting etc) is where the cash is at and by a high margin compared to IT.

shible
09-25-2007, 11:02 PM

Actually, high finance (banking, insurance, private equity, derivatives, stockbroking, corporate finance, accounting etc) is where the cash is at and by a high margin compared to IT.
The IT Targets on three Major sectors

Banking
Telecom
HealthCare

So next to IT Construction is where we can find high RETURNS

Since in Banking there is an issue of Interest. We knew that bank pays us Money. But, we never knew in which form the money is earned

syilla
09-26-2007, 12:56 AM
:salamext:

well...i'm working but i'm not going to tell anyone what is my occupation.
Cause i think i missused it...lol.

Anyway, i'm a wannabe business woman own chain of 'muslimah stop centre' which have everything (halal and islamic) range from toys, books, cosmetic, toiletry and etcs needed for a family.

Then the wife/mother doesn't need to go to a different shops to buy things needed for her family.

Then i can have my own flexible and bring along my children everywhere i go.

InshaAllah :)

snakelegs
09-26-2007, 01:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla

well...i'm working but i'm not going to tell anyone what is my occupation.
Cause i think i missused it...lol.
i know! you're an undercover agent! :okay:

syilla
09-26-2007, 01:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
i know! you're an undercover agent! :okay:
lol how do you know? :ooh: are u sure you're not an ex-undercover agent?

snakelegs
09-26-2007, 01:39 AM
nah - i'm a welfare bum. :D

Khayal
09-26-2007, 03:56 AM

shible
09-26-2007, 04:19 AM
hey i missed one more sector that IT concentrates on it is

Retail chain

Looking4Peace
09-26-2007, 04:54 AM
now option for social sciences. how dare u lol.

shible
09-26-2007, 05:06 AM
Hey IT is just the only reason why we are able to use the internet now.

So sis don't blame IT.

smile
09-27-2007, 02:23 PM
student

Re.TiReD
09-27-2007, 02:26 PM

I am a university student Bi'idhnillah Ta'aala, I hope to practice counselling when I graduate in three years Insha'Allah.

Du'aas humbly requested :w:

~Taalibah~
10-02-2007, 11:33 AM
Uhh, I suppose i'm a student, home schooled though. :coolalien
If i do anything it'l probably be trade.:zip: I find it pays. Gives what you put into it. I'm doing small time at the moment, and make a decent amount at times:statisfie lol!

Medina83
10-02-2007, 12:16 PM
Im a Business Analyst

I feel old on this forum half the people are still in uni and i'm only 24!

UnknownMuslim
10-02-2007, 12:23 PM

I'm currently a student. My future job will most likely be in business or finance.

Ebtisweetsam
10-02-2007, 12:33 PM
Was a childcare worker, but now an Islamic Clothing Designer.... big change. I actually wanted to be a Primary Teacher, but we had to study music and i thought that was haram, so i left it and went for a fashion designer course.

Shorty x
10-02-2007, 12:46 PM
salaamz,

I'm a student sudying criminology and inshallah i will go in to the probationary services. :D

shorty
xx

IbnAbdulHakim
10-02-2007, 02:07 PM
^ criminology? you study how crime works :confused: ? is that kinda like psychology? you learn to anticipate criminals? :?

guyabano
10-02-2007, 02:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Medina83
Im a Business Analyst

I feel old on this forum half the people are still in uni and i'm only 24!
pfffff.... you feel old on 24? And what should I say with going to 40? :D

IbnAbdulHakim
10-02-2007, 02:31 PM
^ you should say your shahada, deaths quite close to you :|

Shorty x
10-02-2007, 05:11 PM
^ criminology? you study how crime works :confused: ? is that kinda like psychology? you learn to anticipate criminals? :?
salaamz,

Yeah criminology does involve psychology, because we learn about criminals behaviour, and why they commit crime, etc, we also learn how crime works, i find it very interesting.

i want to rehabilitate offenders, so that they wont go down the path of crime again,
its good to have a job where u help people? dont u think.

inshallah, my furuture plans will go ahead to what i hope for.

w'salaamz,

p.s, u know n e criminals? send them my way......hehe, :D can use them as future clients

shorty xx

S_87
10-02-2007, 11:13 PM

i hope to be able to teach though i dont think thats what i want to do full time

syilla
10-03-2007, 12:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Shorty x
salaamz,

I'm a student sudying criminology and inshallah i will go in to the probationary services. :D

shorty
xx
MashaAllah i'm soooo influenced with the CSI...i regretted that i'm not one of them. :Evil: :-[

Care to share with me any criminology forum :coolious:

Danah
10-03-2007, 04:45 AM
Asalam Alykom all brothers and sisters

Actually I am still a student in University, IT collage:sunny: . I choose this track because I love dealing with technologies and I think it has a good future.:thumbs_up
I am now in the forth year.
make du'a for me to finish the last years well :phew

rozeena
10-03-2007, 03:49 PM
ive decided i wnt 2 go uni n do a diploma in learning disabilities nursing.does any1 here follow dt career? thanks 4 all the replies. :D

drnoor
10-03-2007, 10:02 PM
hi there,
i m working as an obgyn for 2,5 years and advice a career in medicine to all.we,muslim population, realy need docs and nurses and all kinds of medical stuff who know and care about islam-at least-can give correct advises to muslim patients.

rozeena
10-04-2007, 07:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by drnoor
hi there,
i m working as an obgyn for 2,5 years and advice a career in medicine to all.we,muslim population, realy need docs and nurses and all kinds of medical stuff who know and care about islam-at least-can give correct advises to muslim patients.
thnxs 4 dat sis/bro. dats made me definatly want 2 go into nursing

snakelegs
10-04-2007, 08:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by drnoor
hi there,
women doctors are especially needed by muslim community. (for that matter, there are many non-muslim women who are also more comfortable with a woman doctor).

Amadeus85
10-04-2007, 03:32 PM
History, third year, Humanistic Academy. Its good to go back to some friends there.If only i didnt have so many exams this year..

Isambard
10-04-2007, 04:10 PM
Stud Muffin for hire

Sky_flower
10-05-2007, 12:41 AM
Well I've all ways wanted to be in the healthcare and travel. So I finally decided that I wanted to be a doctor without boarders. I know they don't get paid much, but the money is not important to me.

NYCmuslim
10-13-2007, 08:59 PM
Im a student. Im studying to get a degree in electrical engineering inshallah.

ISLAMASWEENEY
10-13-2007, 09:30 PM
iam 15 but i work as a builder on a Thursday saturday and sunday because nobody else will lol.

glo
10-13-2007, 09:32 PM
I work as an occupational therapist with adults who have learning disabilities.

ISLAMASWEENEY
10-13-2007, 09:42 PM
Good job i would like to do that help people who want help that is good.

glo
10-13-2007, 09:48 PM
There are many ways of being of service to your fellow human beings, Islamasweeney. Pray about it, and I am sure God will show you the way.

Peace

ISLAMASWEENEY
10-13-2007, 10:01 PM
thank you i will .

Woodrow
10-13-2007, 10:42 PM
Islamsweeny, all honest halal occupations are of service to our fellow human beings.

.: Jannati :.
10-13-2007, 10:54 PM
.........want to be a teacher insha'Allah

Miss Palestine
10-14-2007, 04:51 AM
student soon 2 become a pharmacist =)

Esther462
11-05-2007, 09:01 PM
I am a Student on a course that gives you the basic skills for work. I was going to go into Caterning but I've had to re-think my carea path as I got a hostal reseption from my caterning teachers because I wore a hijab in the kitchen for the 1st time since converting to Islam. They are worried for my Health and Safty but the loose ends of my hijab were tucked neatly under my chefs coat. I have come up with another thing that I can wear but neck is showing which is a bit strainage to me now and I'm not entilerly happy but it will have to do for now.:(

amille40
11-05-2007, 09:04 PM
Im a 3rd year university student studying history and political science. I want to work for some aspect of the government (state dept, embassies, etc) to help work towards more understanding between two peoples.

finsgirl
11-06-2007, 11:44 AM
Salaam Sis

I used to work in banks too but ALhamdulillah found a job in Islamic Finance industry for the last 1.5 years. So maybe that's something you can research as well. Islamic Finance definitely is a growing industry considering the billions of dollars worth of invesment that we can get from the gulf region.

Your banking experience will prove valuable if you want to get into Islamic Finance.You will have to do some studies and training of course particularly on the shariah issue. Its quite a complicated system given how far Islamic Finance has evolved over the years, but interesting and enjoyable nevertheless.

Besides Insya Allah you can get reward from Allah SWT if you can turn people away from riba and opt for the syariah compliant finance.:D

Jazakumullah Khair.

Re.TiReD
11-06-2007, 12:49 PM
:salamext: I'm a talibah and probably going to stay one for the rest of my life as one never stops learning :)

Umm Hurairah
11-06-2007, 02:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by JihadunNafs
:salamext: I'm a talibah and probably going to stay one for the rest of my life as one never stops learning :)
Waalaikumusalaam Warahmatullahi Wabarakatu,

Masha Allah sis. :D:D:D

May Allah increase your knowledge. Ameen.

Re.TiReD
11-06-2007, 02:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Hurairah

Waalaikumusalaam Warahmatullahi Wabarakatu,

Masha Allah sis. :D:D:D

May Allah increase your knowledge. Ameen.
Wa iyyaki, Ameen! :)

BintYousoff
11-13-2007, 05:22 PM
masha2allah there's so many student here,im not alone :)

Jayda
11-17-2007, 04:58 AM
i was jus wonderin wat different careers evri1 on this forum follow, as im bit confused, wrk in bank bt want 2 change as ive been told its not permissible 2 deal wid interest etc. so id be veri grateful if u cud share

wt careers u follow?
hw u gt in2 it?
Do u enjoy it?
hola!

hey i'm insulted mom isn't on there! (kidding) i am a full time wife and mother, i used to be a nurse and theoretically i still could be since i am registered. for us it is a matter of both me wanting to be a mommy since i was 5 and also that we wanted our children to have at least one parent spend all of their time with our children. my husband is a law school student and an intelligence officer in the air force, i see him maybe 8 weeks total out of the entire year... so it is very important for us to have me stay home. when our kids have grown up i want to go back to medical school and become a pediatrician :)

i think a lot of women, because of modern feminism, look down on motherhood as a kind of forced social stereotype instead of a meaningful and important vocation. do not discount it just because there are things that seem more interesting to you right now or because it does not command the same amount of prestige other professions might carry. when your children say their first words or take their first steps, or when your husband comes home and lives in awe of you for how far you have brought them, it is all worth while :)

husbands sustain families but mothers build them, it is not a home without a woman :)

que Dios te bendiga

Noor 13
11-23-2007, 05:22 PM
I finished med school and I am looking for a spot to do residency-wanna be an obstretician. But currently I am a full time mom and staying home with my daughter. I wanna have my kids before concentrating on my carriere. I wanna go back to work once the kids are in school inshAllah

chosen
11-27-2007, 10:42 PM
Real Estate in the Big Apple...greatest job in the world..really..I some how manage to make a living selling things I dont own to people I have met once ten minutes inside a house..Best way for a women to earn a buck in the world..fantastic pay and you make your own hours..kids are sick..not to worry ..just stay home that day..

sabah
11-27-2007, 11:56 PM
Im a Rad student (alhamdulilah) i dont know why i picked it. It was just the case of doing anythink :uuh: my ideal job would be a full time shopper, the next part to trinney and suzanna, i have all the women wearing hijabs and the men growing beards!!:D

crayon
01-02-2008, 12:24 PM
I'm still in high school now, but I plan on doing something in the field of business (marketing or management) or journalism.

adeeb
01-02-2008, 02:56 PM
i'm studying dentistry... and overall we are student in this life, aren't we?

noorseeker
01-02-2008, 03:11 PM
Salam . There are some jobs on the list that gets me thinking how will people do their prayers , its get me thinking.

For example is there a ruling where it is permissible to delay your prayers,.like you work for the police, or your a lawyer or fireman, or doctor, or something along them lines and it is time for maghrib prayer , and their not exactly in aposition to drop everything and pray, what do they do.

I can pray allahamdulillah , because i am on the night shift , but the draw back is i can only get a few hours sleep because it will be time for zuhr, i dont know how long my body can hack that.

adeeb
01-02-2008, 03:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nightstar

For example is there a ruling where it is permissible to delay your prayers,.like you work for the police, or your a lawyer or fireman, or doctor, or something along them lines and it is time for maghrib prayer , and their not exactly in aposition to drop everything and pray, what do they do.
yes they can... they can gather 2 time salahs into one (jama')

read more in book of prayer or u can search in the net for more informartion...

jpaladeen
01-16-2008, 07:51 AM
My husband and I own and operate Islamic clothing business. We love the idea of putting hijabs on women that they enjoy wearing. Our websites are www.middleeasternmall.com and www.411hijabs.com. We have a retail store in Richardson, Texas called Middle Eastern Boutique also.

You could start selling hijabs too. Check out the 411hijabs.com. Just register to see the wholesale prices. Anyone can purchase from the site... minimum order is 3 dozen but the prices are great and I think you will appreciate the quality. You can start just by selling to friends and family and you will see how quickly business grows.

You can call us at 1-877-261-5407 if you have any questions.

syilla
01-16-2008, 08:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by adeeb
i'm studying dentistry... and overall we are student in this life, aren't we?
MashaAllah you remind one of our indonesian LI member who is a dentist. :yawn:

Christian Girl
01-17-2008, 10:16 PM
right now I'm just a student

truemuslim
01-26-2008, 12:48 AM
im an undercover worker for the FBI ...shhh dont tell no one tho... (aww dang this is a public forum isnt it?)

ok our secret then.. any of u baad? hehe :coolious:

anyway i kiddin i only a student..not in uni..almost high school tho

nicole_aaliyah
01-26-2008, 03:35 AM
i am a personal support worker aka a nurses aid

it took 7 months to get my diploma and i luv it i work in a nursing home although u need alot of patience with the residents i feel good at the end of the day!!

Fishman
02-02-2008, 11:30 AM
GCSE student by day, glorious conqueror by night.

Infact ignore that. Fishman is glorious all the time... :D

Moon*Light
02-13-2008, 07:35 PM

Well I'm a teacher but I'm not working at the moment.

Cabdullahi
02-13-2008, 09:11 PM
ermm im a sewage cleaner i do sewage treatments that consist of dealing with blockages around different areas of the city:exhausted hahhahahah im just playing im a student and alhamdulilah

truemuslim
02-13-2008, 10:20 PM
lol bro thats sick... anything wit sewage things is sicckk...

good thing u wer jokin...

i gonna be deliverin the newpaper and earnin $1500 in three weeks...

u kno how easy that is? i sit in the car with the music on all the way throwin papers out the window and aiming for the dogs..im kiddin.. and puttin them in mailboxes and earnin CA$H..

of course i dont drive...yet...so my dad does the driving...and he deaf so he cant here the music and barely minds it... except sometimes he SUDDENLY can hear...lol

also i work fo CIA, CSI, Hawaii something, and FBI...oh almost forgot i used to work at S.W.A.T ....

i kid...of course

strider
02-13-2008, 10:40 PM
I'm a student and work part time in sales. :D

FatimaAsSideqah
02-18-2008, 01:22 AM
As Salaam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

I'm working in the Islamic Books and Clothings shop and also Islamic teacher for kids.

I am enjoying to teaching to the kids and they are brilliant!! :D

Allah Hafiz
Sister Fatima

Silver
04-10-2008, 07:36 PM
I'm a 1st year med student. Still have a long way to go...

barney
04-11-2008, 10:19 PM
<------------- Ex Army, now Psychiatry.

*Hana*
04-11-2008, 10:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by barney
<------------- Ex Army, now Psychiatry.
which side of the couch? :rollseyes

lol j/k

AbuSalahudeen
04-12-2008, 11:14 PM
Salam,

Am a final Year BSc Computer Science student inshallah almost done with uni.

w/salam

Al-Zaara
04-13-2008, 09:20 AM
I just might become a barrister, inshaAllah.

NOT a gal who works at a bar, but a lawyer. ;D

Journalism sounds interesting too though, and I've also thought about becoming a translator or German&English teacher. But who says I couldn't do one of these as a part-time job? We'll see what happens.

there there
04-14-2008, 01:29 AM
I'm a nearly finished A level student. I'll be a university student soon.
I should have a part time job, but I don't (haha). Perhaps I'll get one soon.

barney
04-14-2008, 01:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hana_Aku
which side of the couch? :rollseyes

lol j/k

Heh! Nice one :)

Snowflake
04-14-2008, 10:56 AM
I'm employed by the Boss of all bosses. I've been doing this job for ten years. My pay comes in the form of rewards. My work entailed changing nappies, cleaning baby sick and testing my patience. I've since been promoted and now my jobs a lot cleaner - but still hard work. I'm a mother. :D

*Behna*
04-14-2008, 09:52 PM
don't have any...........................

arabianprincess
05-06-2008, 02:15 AM
SALAM WA #LYkom

IM A STUDENTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT TT

peace

Method
05-14-2008, 04:36 PM
I'm a first year student at the University of Bath stuying Pharmacy. Pharmacy is quite a popular career among asians i think, so if there any here could you show hands please :)

Alhumdolillah, the course is going really well so far but got a few exams coming up soon, so do du'a for me insha'Allah :)

Ayoub
05-27-2008, 02:36 PM
I'm a high-school student; I hope to take medicine in university and go farther into psychiatry.

Beardo
01-10-2010, 07:32 PM
Anyone here a medical doctor?

Life_Is_Short
01-10-2010, 07:33 PM
I am a student. :( Never really wanted to get into this. I don't enjoy it.

Abdul Qadir
01-10-2010, 07:33 PM
i am a sheperd, how do i vote?

★ηαѕιнα★
01-10-2010, 07:42 PM
Salaam,

Fun thread. Im still in school, studying for Social Worker. Found it an interesting career, helping and advising people. Dad agreed with me soo i went for it. I do enjoy it but my motivation to finish school is kinda slimming. Luckily i just have 5 months of uni left...then im FREE!!:D Wanted to go for Lawschool but found out i couldnt wear Hijaab in court. So i chose do Social Worker..Not trading my Hijaab for anything in the world.:)

Salaam

Abdul Qadir
01-10-2010, 07:48 PM
i am also working as a husband for someone...

greenshirt
01-10-2010, 08:23 PM
i recently received my masters degree in social work from virginia tech university. i now work with a school system as a social worker, in particular a family services coordinator. i basically help unfortunate family find resources for food, car seats, necessities, etc. my job requires a lot of patience, a lot of paper work, and a lot of volunteer work. but, i love it.

downsides to the job - the pay is not that good. around $40,000 a year salary.
upside - the job is pretty much recession proof. there is a high demand for social workers in the USA(and abroad) and as long as i dont get a felony, i am pretty much always guaranteed a job!

Beardo
01-11-2010, 05:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Qadir
i am also working as a husband for someone...
what's the salary like for that job?

CosmicPathos
01-11-2010, 05:04 AM
assalam alaikum,

Contrary to what my name suggests, I am not a scientist, yet (dont have PhD). I am interested in practicing medicine while also conducting scientific research. I have received my Bsc in Life Sciences, Allhamdulillah. Working to get into medical school, which is quite a pain in the back despite having good credentials :p. Most interested, as of now, in internal medicine with focus on translational research in infectious diseases, oncology, or neurology. This might change as I progress, if Allah (swt) wills, in medical school and explore various avenues. But the firm end goal seems to be medical practice as well as scientific discovery. So, in essence, I am a student and will be for quite some time. :D In the end, whatever Allah (swt) wills, that will happen.
walaikum assalam.

tw009
01-11-2010, 05:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by greenshirt
i recently received my masters degree in social work from virginia tech university. i now work with a school system as a social worker, in particular a family services coordinator. i basically help unfortunate family find resources for food, car seats, necessities, etc. my job requires a lot of patience, a lot of paper work, and a lot of volunteer work. but, i love it.
This is the kind of job I want to do!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

Snowflake
01-11-2010, 05:47 AM
:sl: I'm currently stationed in the mummyology department of the 'home' office. It's a job for life! I'm pleased to say, 'life' really does mean life in this system. You only retire when you pop off lol.

Other than that I'm trying/hoping/struggling to set up a small business. InshaAllah.

:wa:

syilla
01-11-2010, 07:53 AM
Need duas so that i can find a new job pleaseeeeeeee :p

Raaina
01-11-2010, 10:24 AM
I am unemployed :(

Cabdullahi
01-11-2010, 10:26 AM
^ me too but sooon i'll work as a doorsupervisor when i get my SIA badge

★ηαѕιнα★
01-11-2010, 11:36 AM

downsides to the job - the pay is not that good. around $40,000 a year salary.
upside - the job is pretty much recession proof. there is a high demand for social workers in the USA(and abroad) and as long as i dont get a felony, i am pretty much always guaranteed a job!
Ooh really? Cool..yeah its a nice job, helping people out, your right its reccesionproof..people suffering from the consequences of the recession need help too eey! More work guarenteed..It does have a big inpact on you psychologically though..you have to have a thick skin to work in this field. Don't have that but it will work out inshallah. Did an internship on a refugeecentre. That was fun seriously, heavy cases but very rewarding work. Very thankfull people i came across. Youre right about the paything...people who are looking to make loads of money should do something with economics. When u want to do something with Social Work you have to have a heart in it, else you wont last long.
Do you only help when theres material problems or also psychological problems?? IS some heavy stuff seriously :p

★ηαѕιнα★
01-11-2010, 11:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by tw009
You could Inshallah if you set ur mind to it and work hard. :)

Salaam

Abdul Qadir
01-11-2010, 02:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
what's the salary like for that job?
not salary but just some food to fill my stomach...almost like a slave like that...=p...

★ηαѕιнα★
01-11-2010, 02:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Qadir
not salary but just some food to fill my stomach...almost like a slave like that...=p...
Just food?? Nah cant be true...think hard:):P

Abdul Qadir
01-11-2010, 02:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nasiha21
Just food?? Nah cant be true...think hard:):P
haha...i was just kidding...that quote, "working as a husband for her" was taken out from a tamil movie...

★ηαѕιнα★
01-11-2010, 02:54 PM
LOL Sorry didnt get that dunno Tamil movies :D

Abdul Qadir
01-11-2010, 02:55 PM
LOL Sorry didnt get that dunno Tamil movies :D
u dun have to know...stay away from it...lol

Esther462
01-11-2010, 05:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mystical_moon
I am unemployed :(
I was a student but now I'm unemployed too.

greenshirt
01-11-2010, 05:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tw009
well, do you live in the US?

if so, then you need to go to university and get your master's. you can get a bachelor's in social work, but most places now days prefer someone with a master's. if you get your master's, you can find a job very easily doing what i do.

Ooh really? Cool..yeah its a nice job, helping people out, your right its reccesionproof..people suffering from the consequences of the recession need help too eey! More work guarenteed..It does have a big inpact on you psychologically though..you have to have a thick skin to work in this field. Don't have that but it will work out inshallah. Did an internship on a refugeecentre. That was fun seriously, heavy cases but very rewarding work. Very thankfull people i came across. Youre right about the paything...people who are looking to make loads of money should do something with economics. When u want to do something with Social Work you have to have a heart in it, else you wont last long.
Do you only help when theres material problems or also psychological problems?? IS some heavy stuff seriously :p
i mainly just deal with material problems, and not psychological. the schools i work at all have counselors that deal with psychological problems. however, i work a lot with the counselor's.

might i add that i will be going back to grad school to get my PhD in counseling. next fall insha allah i will start. :)

★ηαѕιнα★
01-11-2010, 09:28 PM
well, do you live in the US?

if so, then you need to go to university and get your master's. you can get a bachelor's in social work, but most places now days prefer someone with a master's. if you get your master's, you can find a job very easily doing what i do.

i mainly just deal with material problems, and not psychological. the schools i work at all have counselors that deal with psychological problems. however, i work a lot with the counselor's.

might i add that i will be going back to grad school to get my PhD in counseling. next fall insha allah i will start. :)

Good luck, ull manage inshallah. Ur gonna learn about communicative skills and positive reinforcement and stuff. Interesting really...but hard as i said.
But then if i could do it you can. Im a sponge really..spongier then SpongeBob i always say:D

Cabdullahi
01-12-2010, 12:30 AM
I wouldn't mind being a Master of the custodial arts

Rafeeq
01-12-2010, 09:36 AM
I am mechanical engineer and work in the field of inspections.
How I entered in this field, hmmm, just when I got job, and the board of directors decided where I shall be placed. And I came in this field.
I do enjoy my work.

AlbanianMuslim
02-02-2010, 04:07 PM
Im in my third year of university. Currently I work for my father part time, and I am an intern for a State Representative who will be running for Congress. I work with his wife on PR stuff and other event coordinating.

Getoffmyback
02-02-2010, 04:36 PM
Any one here works in airport security ,aviation security? In a global company like (saber) , (globalsecurity) ,(group4) or any other well known security companies in the field or airports security? And Been working in iraq or afghanistan?

Supreme
02-02-2010, 05:39 PM
I'm aspiring to be a GP, so medicine will be my occupation. That involves science, science and more science. I want to be a GP for two reasons, good pay and helping my neighbours.

★ηαѕιнα★
02-02-2010, 06:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AlbanianMuslim
Im in my third year of university. Currently I work for my father part time, and I am an intern for a State Representative who will be running for Congress. I work with his wife on PR stuff and other event coordinating.
Cool! Is he muslim? Don't they have any objection to a muslim employee?
The other party can use that in a slandercampagne you know. Politicians..

HopeFul
02-02-2010, 07:32 PM
I'm a housewife. only studied till 18 :D

Asiyaah
02-02-2010, 07:40 PM
I do mac computer tech support :P

★ηαѕιнα★
02-02-2010, 09:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by HopeFul
I'm a housewife. only studied till 18 :D
I envy you for that seriously, me being a student. No jokes: being a housewife is a dream for me at the moment. Was thinking of going to Morocco after studies, stay there with my grandma for like 3 months. Beg her to teach me how to cook!:statisfie

AlbanianMuslim
02-03-2010, 01:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ★ηαѕιнα★
Cool! Is he muslim? Don't they have any objection to a muslim employee?
The other party can use that in a slandercampagne you know. Politicians..
Thanks.
Actually, here in the US there isnt any slander campaigns against muslims in politics for the most part. I think the most of that happened during Obamas run for President by hardcore conservatives who said he was Muslim since his father was muslim.
Its interesting that when John F. Kennedy ran for President conservatives also attacked him for being a Roman Catholic (most presidents have been Protestants, Presbyterians etc.)

As for my internship with the hopefully future congressman, no he is not muslim however there are muslim congressmen here in the states. He has zero objection to a muslim employee, there are a few that i know of that work for him. He cares about us doing the job and doing it right.
His wife hired me actually and he was really great when I met him for the first time.

This isnt the first politician i worked for. My sophomore year of uni I worked on the campaign of a stat representative running for re-election. The campaign was really tough because his opponent was very popular and also a lot younger so a fresh face is always difficult to contend with. He ended up winning and I got to fluff up my resume a bit more!

AlbanianMuslim
02-03-2010, 01:10 AM
Speaking of slander campaigns against muslims. An odd observation I realized over the years is here in the U.S. a muslim is MORE accepted for being a Muslim than they are in Albania or Turkey. Both of those countries are predominantly Muslim yet a girl wearing a hijab is more likely to be discriminated against in Albania than they are here in the U.S.
There is a young lady at my uni who is from Turkey, she is studying Physics on a full scholarship and she wears the hijab and very modest clothing. I asked her how she is treated here because of her hijab, she said she actually is more welcomed here for wearing it than she was in Turkey. Unbelievable!
In Albania there was an incident of two girls being kicked out of school for wearing their hijabs. The case went to the high court and the girls argued simply, "if girls can come into class wearing bikini tops, tube tops, short skirts etc. Than we can come in dressed modestly." A very valid point that eventually led to them winning the case and get this: schools in Albania finally began implementing rules on what appropriate attire should be worn by students.

★ηαѕιнα★
02-03-2010, 03:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AlbanianMuslim
Speaking of slander campaigns against muslims. An odd observation I realized over the years is here in the U.S. a muslim is MORE accepted for being a Muslim than they are in Albania or Turkey. Both of those countries are predominantly Muslim yet a girl wearing a hijab is more likely to be discriminated against in Albania than they are here in the U.S.
There is a young lady at my uni who is from Turkey, she is studying Physics on a full scholarship and she wears the hijab and very modest clothing. I asked her how she is treated here because of her hijab, she said she actually is more welcomed here for wearing it than she was in Turkey. Unbelievable!
In Albania there was an incident of two girls being kicked out of school for wearing their hijabs. The case went to the high court and the girls argued simply, "if girls can come into class wearing bikini tops, tube tops, short skirts etc. Than we can come in dressed modestly." A very valid point that eventually led to them winning the case and get this: schools in Albania finally began implementing rules on what appropriate attire should be worn by students.
Weird huh?? Strange to see how things can change like that. Good is becoming bad and the other way around. Really shows the work of Shajtaan here!:hmm:

HopeFul
02-04-2010, 09:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ★ηαѕιнα★
I envy you for that seriously, me being a student. No jokes: being a housewife is a dream for me at the moment. Was thinking of going to Morocco after studies, stay there with my grandma for like 3 months. Beg her to teach me how to cook!:statisfie
Aww, I married very young, when Iw as taking my exam for A levels I was already pregnant 3 or 4 months I think, with kids, I never got back to formal studies though I read a lot at home, not the same though...

Best of luck for your cooking!!:D

Cabdullahi
02-04-2010, 09:27 AM
Aww, I married very young, when Iw as taking my exam for A levels I was already pregnant 3 or 4 months I think, with kids, I never got back to formal studies though I read a lot at home, not the same though...

4:6 Test the orphans until they reach the age of marriage, and then if you find them mature of mind hand over to them their property

age of nikah is around 15 masha allah to you sister for fulfilling allah's command.

5 years have gone past since the age of nikah and we're still waiting :heated:

★ηαѕιнα★
02-04-2010, 10:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
4:6 Test the orphans until they reach the age of marriage, and then if you find them mature of mind hand over to them their property

age of nikah is around 15 masha allah to you sister for fulfilling allah's command.

5 years have gone past since the age of nikah and we're still waiting :heated:
Wow thats long alhamdoellilah!:hmm:

Sis you got lucky I guess. Wanting to get married is one thing but after that the right person has to cross your path. Thats the hard part!
Alhamdoellilah it worked out well for you. Two sisters I know tried combining school and household and kids. Stopped in the middle of studies alhamdoellilah. It was just too hard for them. Either your household or your studies is gonna suffer.
Us women can multitask but superwomen dont excist as far as I know :D

Salaam

sis muslimah
10-21-2011, 09:07 PM
planning to do natural science inshallah and then specialising in biological and health care =) sounds interesting : D

Galaxy
10-22-2011, 01:34 AM
I am wondering how did you choose your jobs?

'Abd Al-Maajid
10-22-2011, 03:59 AM
I am an IT Engineer, worked at one of the biggest IT consulting (IT&S) companies. worst part is, i am unemployed atm.

.iman.
10-22-2011, 10:53 PM
I am a teacher, but currently unemployed at the moment. Once I move back to Europe with my hubby then I will be a housewife and do some tutoring on the side, inchAllah

IsamBitar
10-22-2011, 11:02 PM
I'm a civil engineer now. My choice wasn't easy. It took some time. At first I wanted to be an aeronautical engineer, then an RAF fighter, then I wanted to become a neuroscientist, then an evolutionary biologist, then a mechanical engineer and finally a civil engineer. It's an amazing profession if you really like having landmarks all over the place that have your fingerprint on them. But it requires a lot of work and responsibility. I think what you should do is do whatever your heart desires. If you like banking and finance, do it. If you like something else, do that. Don't be forced into an option you don't really want, because then your career life will be a nightmare.

GuestFellow
10-22-2011, 11:38 PM
Worked as a Paralegal and studied law at the same time (stressful). The firm closed down and now I am studying a degree in mathematics.

I am currently volunteering at a charity shop as an assistant manager. I deal with stock management, recruitment and banking. Sometimes, I'm called at the front to deal with difficult customers and train employees/volunteers to use the till correctly. It is something to do whilst looking for work.

Not sure what to do once I finish my degree in mathematics.

Pure Purple
10-23-2011, 07:50 AM
Finished my graduation.......I belong to two categories simultaneously from above poll
Being a girl I have some restriction in choosing type of profession.I have chosen a profession in which I was not interested but slowly ,I started liking it.I am happy with that.

Pure Purple
10-23-2011, 07:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by '
I am an IT Engineer, worked at one of the biggest IT consulting (IT&S) companies. worst part is, i am unemployed atm.
Lolz .......My first preference was yours....Isliye in IT aur computer engineers par gussa ata hai.....Kiyonki ye log beech me a gaye;D
But after reading this I am happy I didn't made to that profession.Thanks to all mighty Allah subhanahu watala.

'Abd Al-Maajid
10-23-2011, 11:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Qurratulain
Lolz .......My first preference was yours....Isliye in IT aur computer engineers par gussa ata hai.....Kiyonki ye log beech me a gaye;D
But after reading this I am happy I didn't made to that profession.Thanks to all mighty Allah subhanahu watala.
You dont know how interesting an IT engineer's job is, do you? :/:

GuestFellow
10-23-2011, 12:00 PM
^ I'm curious. Do you have to deal with customers as an IT engineer?

'Abd Al-Maajid
10-23-2011, 12:04 PM
^ No. I used to work at IBM and we used to support British Petroleum's IT infrastructure. So I had to deal with other systems engineers from BP and other consulting companies regarding any server outages and resolve the issues. I also did application support and undertook service requests...:hmm: It was going smoothly...then something happened and it triggered me to leave the job. :( Khair Alhamdulillah.

GuestFellow
10-23-2011, 01:16 PM
^ Thanks for the response. I might go into IT once I finish my degree. I'm sick of dealing with customers, so rude and demanding at times.

Marina-Aisha
11-05-2011, 11:21 AM
sales assistant i dont enjoy it at all, always rude to me even when im polite and helpful

syed1
11-05-2011, 04:22 PM
guys sorry to go a bit off topic perhaps this might even desereve its own thread but the very first few posts on this forum were about a person wanting to leave banking so as not to deal with interest as it is haram...

I am particularly concerened since I am a finance major student my self and the type of job prospects that I am like to get (inshallah) are revolve around banking (investment banking), financial planning, financial analyst etc. all of which have inherited in it some sort of aspect of interest, or risk etc. It makes me very pessimestic when hearing this that even if your not paying/receiving interest your self, its haram to facilitate the use of interest or give advice to people (non- muslims who don't care about usuary) about alternative financing options and which interest rates would be best suitable for them or how much they should borrow etc...

If the statement that the first person made, which is "i dont want to work in banking as they deal with interest" then pretty much every other job out there in the world should be haram, and it doesn't matter which industry or which aspect of the business you work in because any business now a day stays afloat by borrowing to meet cash flow needs and stay up with their operations or with any excess cash they posses, they invest it in order to earn a rate of interest, and hence paying a rate of interest or receiving it the company is therefor engaged in a haram act and there fore making your employment with such a company haram as well.correct?

crimsontide06
11-06-2011, 05:11 AM
Student... :)

Scimitar
11-06-2011, 06:53 PM
I'm an editor. (facepalm) Some people try and push their own agendas in their written articles, and do it cleverly. Learning to read in-between the lines and reading intent is the fun part.

However, at this moment - I am unemployed. Subhan-Allah.

Scimi

syed1
11-07-2011, 01:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
I'm an editor. (facepalm) Some people try and push their own agendas in their written articles, and do it cleverly. Learning to read in-between the lines and reading intent is the fun part.

However, at this moment - I am unemployed. Subhan-Allah.

Scimi
hey, you have any techniques on "reading between the lines" please share

ardianto
11-07-2011, 01:09 AM
Now I am trying to serious in internet marketing. Hope your du'a.

Haya emaan
11-07-2011, 04:47 PM
^may Allah give you success in the affairs of dunya and akhirah

i m still a student..:p

Huzzy_786
11-07-2011, 05:05 PM
I am a student here. Go a local Islamic School alhamdulillah.

syed1
11-08-2011, 09:32 PM
which one, alfalah islamic centrers?

Tawangar
11-09-2011, 05:47 AM

wt careers u follow?
hw u gt in2 it?
Do u enjoy it?
Salamun 'Alaykum.
I am a Physician & Diabetologist. I got into it because I love Medicine and yes, I love my work.:statisfie

ardianto
11-12-2011, 07:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tawangar
I am a Physician & Diabetologist. I got into it because I love Medicine and yes, I love my work.
I know you are doctor, but I didn't know you are specialist until I read your post. :)

Predator
11-12-2011, 08:01 AM
I work as a Network Security Specialist in a Telecom firm and yes , I enjoy my work

Riana17
11-15-2011, 09:01 AM
I am a wife who cant cook hehehehe:hiding::hiding::hiding:

Endymion
11-15-2011, 09:20 AM
Then who is there to cook :hmm:

Riana17
11-15-2011, 12:15 PM
Salam Ukhtee
after work we depends on Mom in law or restaurants haha

Endymion
11-15-2011, 03:42 PM

Whaoo....You are blessed with such a great Mum in law :statisfie

GuestFellow
11-15-2011, 09:00 PM
I got a new job in accounts, even though I have no accounting qualifications. I like this job. Don't have to deal with evil customers. :p:

Riana17
11-16-2011, 11:39 AM
Mabrook Brother Typoo :D May Allah keep you happy and satisfied in your career.

Yes Ukhtee, she is very kind, alhamdollellah and his 3sisters too, they like to cook for us :) and we just love our duties (i.e. to eat) hehe;D

SyrianFellow
11-17-2011, 06:33 AM
Wanted to be an architect, too bad the province of b.c doesn't offer any bachelors program here :S

Masuma
11-17-2011, 03:12 PM
oh no! i voted the wrong option *as always* :(

GuestFellow
11-17-2011, 07:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SyrianFellow
Wanted to be an architect, too bad the province of b.c doesn't offer any bachelors program here :S
Salaam,

Choose a mathematical subject like Physics. Then specialise in architect...

ardianto
11-18-2011, 09:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SyrianFellow
How about other provinces ?

I live in Bandung, West Java, but I studied in university in Jogjakarta city in other province. A city that popular as The City of Students because mostly of universities students there are coming from other cities and other provinces.

My grandpa from my mother side studied in Jogjakarta. My dad and my mom were living in two different cities, but they studied in Jogjakarta where they meet each other. Some of my uncles/aunties and cousins came to Jogjakarta to study too.

However, in the second semester my dad passed away. And after I finished third semester I was back to Bandung and studied here.

Riana17
11-22-2011, 11:07 AM
Oh Okay I need to be serious now, I work in Oil & Gas for almost 8years now, alhamdollellah
May Allah bless me and all of us with longer happy career inshallah, Amen

إحسان
11-22-2011, 07:59 PM
The majority are students. No surprise.
I'm a student as well... (:

Nate
11-22-2011, 08:08 PM
I do Computer Services and Web Design, and soon to be a Gun Dealer once the ATF get my FFL approved

bintYahya
11-23-2011, 12:24 PM
In sha' Allah, I'll become a nurse... an awesome nurse!

Currently trying to figure out a topic for my thesis which should be in line with what I want to specialize in. But I don't know...

Souljette
11-23-2011, 05:17 PM
Asalamualaykum

I'm a medical student currently in 4th year, a degree in MBBS..the end is getting closer but then again it's neverending for a doctor lolz... I plan on being a pediatrician one day inshallah.. I hate it when i have exams lolz but love working with the patients and doing rounds and ward duty sometimes, love learning about diseases and anatomy of the body .. Make dua for me so Allah Makes me a proper doctor inshallah Ameen that i can help my Ummah

bintYahya
11-23-2011, 06:43 PM
May Allah help you become the best doctor you can be, Souljette.

It's such an important profession.

Souljette
11-23-2011, 06:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by bintYahya
May Allah help you become the best doctor you can be, Souljette.

It's such an important profession.
Jazakallah khair sister ..and Ameen to your dua' and May Allah ease all your affairs Ameen

Riana17
11-24-2011, 10:42 AM
Salam Alaikkum,

Mashallah we have many medical students here, I remember 8yrs ago my sister wants me to be a Nurse and I know for sure I cant be a nurse. I am afraid of blood, i dont like medicines (smell) and I vomit blood from scare while watching scary movie (wrong turn to be specific). On top of that, personally hospital will make me feel sad on daily basis because my heart cries out when someone is sick or meet an accident and so on.

But I have to mention that I have great respect & admirations for medical professionals. May Allah bless you all

syilla
12-21-2011, 08:40 AM
^^^ subhanallah any openings for me...hehehe i'm in the same industry as you and i don't like it. for years i've been wanting to find a new job. oh well.

syilla
12-21-2011, 08:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tawangar
Salamun 'Alaykum.
I am a Physician & Diabetologist. I got into it because I love Medicine and yes, I love my work.:statisfie
subhanallah i always wanting to be the kind who loves her work.

syilla
01-07-2012, 11:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
Need duas so that i can find a new job pleaseeeeeeee :p
subhanallah its been 2 years but the same thing maybe i should make a journal and see how it progress

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-08-2012, 01:24 AM

I'm finishing up my final year in bioscience inshaAllaah...although originally i was going for pharmacology...perhaps ill do that as well..

Sothis Girl
01-28-2012, 11:31 AM
I'm a part time internet marketer. I'm selling Amazon stuff from books to Barbie house and Victorian dresses. but mostly I'm selling ebooks. I'm still studying at grad school now, and so the time for my marketing is crammed. UGH. but I enjoyed a lot of it.

the irony after I got to IM is, several muslims on IM forum are actually, proudly announced they promoted pornography and gambling products for huge cash, and not feeling guilty about it. while other non-muslim marketers in the other hand, admitted they would never feed their family with money from porn and gambling - no matter how great the money is. Ironic :raging:

~ Sabr ~
01-30-2012, 10:10 AM

Work in a Hospital, Alhamdulillah - so Healthcare

~Zaria~
01-30-2012, 01:04 PM
Assalamu-alaikum,

Alhamdulillah.
I am a physician, currently sub-specialising in Endocrinology (Diabetes and other hormonal related stuff).

I love my work, subhanAllah.

However, for some reason, in the past few months, Ive hit some sort of 'block' with regards to my work......Ive seemed to have lost motivation and drive.

And I fear, that I have spent way tooo much time in my field.....and tooo little time in learning about Islam (which is meant to be the actual purpose of life imsad), as well as other aspects of life.....
Its almost as if I want to spread my wings at last and do something different for a change.....more importantly, devoting more time in deen, insha Allah.

Ive realised at last, that we can spend our entire lives specialising, and then sub-specialising.....to the minutest detail - at the expense of all else.

I used to be the type who wanted to know everything possible in my field.....
And now, Im past that phase.

I guess, we can either chose to be the master in one trade, much to the exclusion of others.
OR: we can become the 'jack' of all, master of none (or perhaps - with an area of particular interest).

Its taken me some time to realise this - but I think I prefer the latter, subhanAllah.

Does anyone else feel this way? :hmm:

Salaam

ardianto
01-30-2012, 01:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by arachnide
I'm a part time internet marketer. I'm selling Amazon stuff from books to Barbie house and Victorian dresses. but mostly I'm selling ebooks. I'm still studying at grad school now, and so the time for my marketing is crammed. UGH. but I enjoyed a lot of it.

the irony after I got to IM is, several muslims on IM forum are actually, proudly announced they promoted pornography and gambling products for huge cash, and not feeling guilty about it. while other non-muslim marketers in the other hand, admitted they would never feed their family with money from porn and gambling - no matter how great the money is. Ironic :raging:
I am a Clickbank internet marketer. And I choose to promote only halal products. I always avoid gambling products and sex/free sex related products.

Periwinkle18
01-30-2012, 02:08 PM
im a student and a teacher :P

Jedi_Mindset
04-17-2012, 04:11 PM
I'm still a student but i hope i'll have a job soon insha'Allah. i'm going for a 3 week internship in may, and maybe i will find a place to work there Insha'Allah.

Its in a garden center so, alot to do with garden work and nature :) Pray for me brothers and sisters.

Scimitar
04-17-2012, 04:21 PM
you are always in my duas akhi. Alhamdulillah you got the internship. Gardening is one of my hobbies :D. I got pretty good at it after reading a few books and having a go myself. It all started when my father would bodge up the garden every year, and my mother would complain about it. Yup, the old man really didn't have a clue...

... So, I went to the library - got a few books, went a garden centre - got some top soil, some cloning gel, a scalpel, NPK (nitrogen Phosphorous and Potassium) some neem oil, some bat guano (dried bat poo, powedered)... the rest we already had. And I went APE!!!

my garden looks real nice now. We even have a swinging sofa under a gazebo... And my old man doesn't mess with the garden anymore.

The garden used to be a proper jungle... Now, we got nice red and white ferns along the fence (hiding it) and perennials in front... the flowers pop up inbetween the other perennials and the colours in our garden are just beautiful now.

Oh, I get this ball bird feed from the pound store and it draws in some rather exotic looking birds into our garden. Blue, yellow and even red ones... always makes my day when i see one pecking away at the feed :)

Scimi

Hulk
04-17-2012, 04:32 PM
HAOO HAOO HAOO HAOO HAOO HAOO HAOO HAOO *300 joke*

my field is media-related and iam still looking for ways to make it haram-free..

Cabdullahi
04-17-2012, 04:37 PM
custodial arts

Riana17
04-18-2012, 11:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Mindset
I'm still a student but i hope i'll have a job soon insha'Allah. i'm going for a 3 week internship in may, and maybe i will find a place to work there Insha'Allah.

Its in a garden center so, alot to do with garden work and nature :) Pray for me brothers and sisters.

Mashallah you are in Holland and also will work with plants?

Mashallah I am extremely jealous!!!!

Jedi_Mindset
04-18-2012, 02:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Riana17
Mashallah you are in Holland and also will work with plants?

Mashallah I am extremely jealous!!!!
Don't be, its not always tullips lol ;D

:p

Riana17
04-30-2012, 10:06 AM
Yeah its my favorite flowers, mashallah
I only want to visit Europe for one reason, and that is to meet with forever pretty tulips :D

Periwinkle18
04-30-2012, 10:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Cbdullahii
custodial arts
whts tht ?? cn we see sum of ur work??

True-blue
04-30-2012, 11:03 AM
Obviously a student.

yas2010
04-30-2012, 03:54 PM
I did work in IT on a permanent basis. But now Mash'Allah I am an IT contractor. I take 3-6 month contracts, this allows me flexibility with my family and of course I take it easy during the blessed month of Ramadan. :)

I do try and stay away from contracts in banking, as having done 10 weeks in a financial organistation i can truly say that it was a truly a HUGE mistake. Trusted Allah (swt) and left and a few days later i took a 3 month contract with a much better organistation, pharmaceutical related.

tigerkhan
06-05-2012, 12:14 AM
^i always prefer business bcz of time flexibility and u r boss of ur own. insh me too will moved to business in next few years insh.

Scimitar
06-05-2012, 02:57 AM
I'm still unemployed but make dua for me. I applied for a job as a minicab conrtroller - it pays good but the hours are unsociable... however, it's a means to an end and I do need money to be able to buy a ticket to the USA so I can go and marry CosmicIntuition, and provide a good life for her and her child insha-Allah.

Scimi

جوري
06-05-2012, 03:24 AM
^^ May Allah swt provide a good life for you both and grant you much happiness and pave a way with all you do to paradise..
ameen ameen thoumma ameen

Hulk
06-05-2012, 03:45 AM
so I can go and marry CosmicIntuition
I remember you mentioning that username before but because she used "cOsMiCiNtUiTiOn" it was so hard to read the username I never actually read it in full! MashaAllah now I know who it is! It's good that you are doing your best to fulfill your responsibilities, it is very admirable.

I learned the other day that Allah has already provided for us our sustenance in the dunya and we just need to go and find it.

GuestFellow
06-05-2012, 09:05 AM
I'm still unemployed but make dua for me. I applied for a job as a minicab conrtroller - it pays good but the hours are unsociable... however, it's a means to an end and I do need money to be able to buy a ticket to the USA so I can go and marry CosmicIntuition, and provide a good life for her and her child insha-Allah.

Scimi
Salaam,

What Comsic Pathos? O____o

Periwinkle18
06-05-2012, 09:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tragic Typos
Salaam,
What Comsic Pathos? O____
haha ;D

cOsMiCiNtUiTiOn
06-05-2012, 12:34 PM
Salaam,

^o) *facepalm* loooooooool

'Abd Al-Maajid
06-05-2012, 12:35 PM
Salaam,

....:lol:....

MysticSoumeya
06-06-2012, 11:58 AM
I am a teacher. Although it can be pretty hectic and stressful, I think, it's the most suitable job for a mother.

Periwinkle18
06-06-2012, 11:59 AM
^gr8 me too :)

MysticSoumeya
06-06-2012, 12:04 PM
Cool !!! May I ask what subject you teach?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.