/* */

PDA

View Full Version : separating a child's bedroom according to Islam

tabasum
09-24-2007, 02:08 AM
:sl: everyone,

I have this question, and I can't find the answer anywhere. Maybe someone here has the knowledge to answer it. According to Islam, at what age can we separate a child's bedroom? Is there a specific age that the kids should be before sleeping seperately from their parents bedroom?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
NoName55
09-24-2007, 02:15 AM
:w:
wrong forum but here goes; at ten
"Order your children to observe Salat when they reach the age of seven and smack them for not observing it when they reach the age of ten, and arrange their beds (for sleeping) separately." (Abu Dawud)

tabasum
09-24-2007, 02:30 AM
Are we terrible bad if we separate them before 10?

Woodrow
09-24-2007, 03:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by tabasum
Are we terrible bad if we separate them before 10?
:w:

The Hadith states we should seperate them at the age of 10.

I can find no hadith that states they may not be seperated earlier. But, based on that hadith, it seems like it would be advisable to let the child sleep with the parents any time they desire as long as they are under the age of 10. However, it is always best to get advice from an authenticate scholar and not rely fully on web sites.

Dawud :: Book 2 : Hadith 495
Narrated Abdullah ibn Amr ibn al-'As:

The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) said: Command your children to pray when they become seven years old, and beat them for it (prayer) when they become ten years old; and arrange their beds (to sleep) separately.
The question has been answered, to avoid any possible argument I am locking the thread to further replies.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.