/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is the Qur'an from God?

Michael
08-22-2007, 10:27 PM
After reading a lot about the Qur'an, I have come to the conclusion that it is not of human origin. There are too many scientific statements ahead of its time, mathematical miracles etc, for it to be the work of a mere man.

However, as a Christian, there is an alternative explanation of the Qur'an - The Devil knows all these facts, and he could have revealed the Qur'an to Muhammad (SAW). How do we know that the Qur'an is God's word and not the Devil's? No-one actually saw the Angel Gabriel, only Muhammad (SAW).

While I have heard the argument "Why would the Devil tell us to worship God?", Christians believe that if you do not believe in Jesus as the Son of God, you cannot know God (1 John 2:23). Therefore, they claim, that Devil is leading people away from God with the Qur'an by rejecting the Son.

This post is not intended to cause debate, I am just sincerely seeking answers and wanting to know the truth about Islam and the Qur'an.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Yanal
08-23-2007, 01:01 AM
If you are a true believer no offense i think you wouldn't have raised that question why would Allahs(swt) last messanger lie if he did he is still spreading islam which he is doing his duty and how would he make up stuff if he didn't know how to read or to write he didn't know anything about a religon until Angel Gabriel came and if you see the biaography of all the other prophets(pbuh) had the same message!

Ghira
08-23-2007, 05:49 AM
Welcome to the forum.. The Qur'an is from the Almighty. The Qur'an testifies it self "Revealed from the Lord of everything that exist."

Jesus said to follow me and that a Prophet will come after him. We believe in Jesus's miracles, his amazing birth, all his miracles, and Jesus will return to earth. We don't believe he is the son of God, part of God, or God himself. He is just a messenger just like all the other prophets and messengers sent down to man. The last messenger Muhammad (saw) was the seal of the Prophets and the miracle Muhammad (saw) had is the Qur'an. A living miracle for all of us to read, contemplate, and come to conclusion that we must worship God. You are sincerely seeking answers which is good what questions do you have?

Huma*
08-23-2007, 07:57 AM
In order to understand this fully you have to follow it from the begining.
Hope this text will help you to find the right path InshaAllah.

INTRODUCTION TO ISLAM FOR NON-MUSLIMS

1. What are the teachings of Islaam?

The foundation of the Islamic faith is belief in the Unity of God.
This means to believe that there is only one Creator and Sustainer of everything in the Universe, and that nothing is divine or worthy of being worshipped except for Him.
Truly believing in the Unity of God means much more than simply believing that there is "One God" - as opposed to two, three or four.
There are a number of religions that claim belief in "One God" and believe that ultimately there is only one Creator and Sustainer of the Universe. Islaam, however, not only insists on this, but also rejects using such words as "Lord" and "Saviour" for anyone besides Almighty God. Islaam also rejects the use of all intermediaries between God and Man, and insists that people approach God directly and reserve all worship for Him alone. Muslims believe that Almighty God is Compassionate, Loving and Merciful.
The essence of falsehood is the claim that God cannot deal with and forgive His creatures directly. By over-emphasising the burden of sin, as well as claiming that God cannot forgive you directly, false religions seek to get people to despair of the Mercy of God. Once they are convinced that they cannot approach God directly, people can be mislead into turning to false gods for help. These "false gods" can take various forms, such as saints, angels, or someone who is believed to be the "Son of God" or "God Incarnate". In almost all cases, people who worship, pray to or seek help from a false god don't consider it to be, or call it, a "god". They claim belief in One Supreme God, but claim that they pray to and worship others beside God only to get closer to Him. In Islaam, there is a clear distinction between the Creator and the created. There is no ambiguity in divinity - anything that is created is not deserving of worship and only the Creator is worthy of being worshipped. Some religions falsely believe that God has become part of His creation, and this has led people to believe that they can worship something created in order to reach their Creator.
Muslims believe that even though God is Unique and beyond comprehension - He has no "Son", partners or associates. According to Muslim belief, Almighty God "does not beget nor was He begotten" - neither literally, allegorically, metaphorically, physically or metaphysically - He is absolutely Unique and Eternal. He is in control of everything and is perfectly capable of bestowing His infinite Mercy and Forgiveness to whomever He chooses. That is why is called the All-Powerful and Most-Merciful. Almighty God has created the Universe for man, and as such wants the best for all human beings. Muslims see everything in the Universe as a sign of the Creatorship and Benevolence of Almighty God. Also, the belief in the Unity of God is not merely a metaphysical concept. It is a dynamic belief that effects ones view of humanity, society and all aspects of life. As a logical corollary to the Islaamic belief in the Oneness of God, is its belief in the oneness of mankind and humanity.************************************* *

2. Who is Allah?

Very often one will here the Arabic word "Allah" being used in regards to Islaam.
The word "Allah" is simply the Arabic word for Almighty God, and is the same word used by Arabic speaking Christians and Jews.
If one were to pick up an Arabic translation of the Bible, one would see the word "Allah" being use where the word "God" is used in English. Actually, the Arabic word for Almighty God, "Allah", is quite similar to the word for God in other Semitic languages - for example, the Hebrew word for God is "Elah".
For various reasons, some non-Muslims mistakenly believe that Muslims worship a different God than Jews and Christians. This is certainly not the case, since the Pure Monotheism of Islaam calls all people to the worship of the God of Noah, Abraham, Moses, Jesus and all of the other prophets. However, even though Jews, Christians and Muslims worship the same God -since there is only one God - their concepts concerning Him differ in some significant ways.

3. Who is Muhammad?

The last and final prophet that God sent to humanity was the Prophet Muhammad.
Muhammad explained, interpreted and lived the teachings of Islaam.
The Prophet Muhammad is the greatest of all prophets for many reasons, but mainly because the results of his mission have brought more people into the pure belief in One God than any other prophet.
Even though other religious communities claimed to believe in One God, over time they had corrupted their beliefs by taking their prophets and saints as intercessors with Almighty God.
Some religions believe their prophets to be manifestations of God, "God Incarnate" or the "Son of God". All of these false ideas lead to the creature being worshipped instead of the Creator, which contributed to the idolatrous practice of believing that Almighty God can be approached through intermediaries. In order to guard against these falsehoods, the Prophet Muhammad always emphasized that he was only a human-being tasked with the preaching of God's message. He taught Muslims to refer to him as "the Messenger of God and His Slave".
To Muslims, Muhammad is the supreme example for all people - he was the exemplary prophet, statesman, military leader, ruler, teacher, neighbour, husband, father and friend. Unlike other prophets and messengers, the Prophet Muhammad lived in the full light of history. Muslims don't need to have "faith" that he existed and that his teachings are preserved - they know it to be a fact. Even when his followers only numbered a few dozen, Almighty God informed Muhammad that he had be sent as a mercy to all of mankind. Because people had distorted or forgotten God's messages, God took it upon Himself to protect the message revealed to Muhammad. This was because Almighty God promised not to send another messenger after him.
Since all of God's messengers have preached the message of Islaam - i.e. submission to the will of God and the worship of God alone - Muhammad is actually the last prophet of Islaam, not the first.

4. Why Are We Here?
In the Name of Almighty GOD, the All-Merciful, the One who created the heavens and the earth and everything in them, the only One who deserves mankind's worship...
A simple look at the world around us is all it takes to understand what many never take time to reflect upon. The details of this awesome universe we live in explicitly prove the presence of a magnificent and unequalled author.
Some try to deny His existence, relying on their invented theories, assumptions derived from unproven conjecture and guesses. They conjure principles that no rational mind can follow. For example, they say that our universe is a "cosmic coincidence," a result of billions of years of random self-assembly. However, if they would come out of their house in the morning and find a new car in their driveway, they would demand to know who put it there. Imagine if was said to them: "No one put it there, in fact the parts just gathered from unknown places and assembled themselves overnight with no one's help. This is the result of a cosmic coicindence!"
No one in his right mind could accept this answer. Indeed GOD gave us intellects that do not allow us to believe such nonsense.
So if people can not accept the parts of a single car coming together randomly, then how can they believe that the entire universe accomplished such a feat?! From the sky full of stars and other visual wonders, to microscopic organisms we are still discovering, to the design and function of the organs of the human body, can one possibly believe that all of this is the result of a mere coincidence?
Look up and think about how everything you see is organized in such a perfect way! The sun, a ball of fire millions of miles away, provides us with the heat and light we depend on every day. About it, GOD says:
And I (GOD) made a blazing, radiant lantern (78:13)
After the length of the day, mankind indeed needs a rest from the warmth and illumination of the sun. GOD causes the sun to set and gives us darkness to rest, and a perfect nightlight the moon and the splendorous stars. What masterful organization! GOD says:
He (GOD) has put the night and the day in your service, as well as the sun, the moon, and the stars - all in subjection by His Command. Verily in this there are signs for people of intellect. (16:12)
And GOD says:
Don't you see how GOD merges the night into the day and He merges the day into the night, (don't you see) that He has subjected the sun and the moon (to His law), each running its course for an appointed term? And surely GOD is well-acquainted with what you do. (31:29)

GOD also says:
Among His Signs are the night and the day, and the sun and the moon. Do not prostrate to the sun or the moon, rather prostrate to GOD, the One who created them, if you really wish to worship Him. (41:37)
Today's scientists comment on the precise balance of the sun and moon, guessing at the innumerous disasters that would occur if the sun or the moon were to stray from their paths the slightest bit. The rational mind can come to only one conclusion, that indeed something is keeping all of this in order. GOD says:
He (GOD) draws the night as a veil over the day, each seeking the other in rapid succession. He (GOD) created the sun, the moon, and the stars, all governed by His Command. Is it not His Right to create and govern? Blessed is GOD, the Cherisher and Sustainer of all that exists! (7:54)
We understand quite clearly that, since this paper you are reading was written, then there was a writer, even though you do not see him. And for every speech there was a speaker, and every delicious dish has a cook behind it. So for every creation, including our very existence, there is indeed a creator.

5. Do we owe Him something?

Now that we agree that GOD is our only Creator and Provider, and we have seen His Statements denying any partners for Himself, we want to know Does He want something from us?
GOD has a right over us, as He created us. He is not asking much. He is only asking us for that which he asked every nation before us that we obey Him and follow His Messengers. He has asked us to worship Him and not to associate partners with Him. He says:
For surely I (GOD) sent a messenger to every nation, commanding them to worship GOD and shun false deities. (16:36)
It is a very simple request, taking into account all He has given us.
Say: "It is He (GOD) who has created you and made for you the faculties of hearing, seeing, feeling and understanding. Little is the thanks you offer. (67:23)
We naturally feel the urge to thank anyone who gives us something. If we thank people for their generosity, should we not then thank our Lord who has blessed us with so much? He reminds us:
And if you were to try to count the blessings of GOD, you could never enumerate them! Verily, mankind is ever oppressive and ungrateful. (14:34)
So to be truly thankful to GOD would entail worshipping Him, as He has commanded us, obeying Him and following the Revelation that He sent to us. In doing this, we will fulfill the purpose of our existence, as GOD did not create us without a purpose:
And I did not create the Jinn or Mankind except to worship Me. (51:56)
6.What if we ignore His Right upon us?

Ignoring the right of GOD is not like ignoring the rights of others. For if you disobey your mother, then you are subject to whatever punishment she is capable of. Likewise, you may lose your job if you ignore the orders of your boss. The judge may send you to jail if you do not appear in court as he requests. But no one can punish you eternally with a torment like what GOD has promised for those who reject His Message. GOD is going to establish a Day to judge each and every person. Indeed we will be gathered in front of GOD to answer for our deeds. About that Day, GOD says:
For on that Day, His punishment will be such as no one else can inflict, and His bonds will be such as no one else can bind.
(89:25-6)
We have the chance now to free ourselves from such a horrible and unending fate. We must look to our relationship with GOD are we fulfilling His right on us? Are we worshipping Him as He commands us?
Be aware that His punishment is so severe, that even the most devout deniers of GOD will believe in Him after seeing it.
But when they saw My Punishment, they said: "We believe in GOD, the One GOD, and we reject the partners we used to join with Him." (40:84)
If we submit to GOD, worshipping Him and not associating partners with Him, then for us are the unending joys and delights that He has prepared for us in the Paradise:
And no soul knows what delights are kept hidden for them, as a reward for what they used to do. (32:17)
For when GOD establishes the Day of Judgement, the righteous will hear the call:
O you resting satisfied soul! Come happily back to your Lord, as you have gained His Pleasure! Enter and be among My servants, enter My Garden! (89:26-9)
If we hope to hear this call, then we must put forth the effort now, in this life, before it is too late.
7. What to do now?

Accept the religion of Islaam. It is what GOD is commanding you to do:
O you who believe! Observe your duties to GOD properly, as He deserves, and do not die except as Muslims! (3:102)
Be sincere and dedicate yourself to GOD:
Say: "Truly, my prayer, my sacrifices, my life and my death, are all for GOD, the Creator and Nourisher of everything that exists, who has no partner. This am I commanded with, and I am the first of the Muslims." (6:162-3)
Islaam is very easy and practical. There is no conversion ceremony or difficult procedures preventing you from becoming a Muslim. The only thing for you to do is sincerely recite the following statement:
"I testify that there is no deity worthy of any form of worship except GOD Alone, and I testify that Muhammad is His Messenger."
Now follow up your statement with a commitment to learning about your religion, the specifics of what GOD wants from you. There is a lot to be learned about GOD and His Religion, with each piece of knowledge you will become more and more confident that you made the right choice.
Call the number below and let us know that you have accepted Islaam. We are eagerly awaiting you with open arms to welcome you to Islaam, and instruct you in the basic affairs of the religion with care and concern.
If something prevents you from accepting Islaam at this time, e-mail me and I will try to clarify the matter for you, so that you can accept Islaam being confident that you are on the truth.
May GOD guide us all to what He loves.

You can find the answer to your question within this text, if you read it with concentration you won't feel the need of asking whether the Quran is revealed on Muhammad(pbuh) by ALLAH (SWT) or it is from Devil. Naudubillah.

I advice you to read the Book "The Quran and the Modern scince" by Dr. Maurice Bucaille.

If you are living in UK you can get these Dawah books free of cost. Following is the link http://www.idci.co.uk/Freesection.asp

May Allah guide you to the right path.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Dawud_uk
08-23-2007, 03:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Michael
After reading a lot about the Qur'an, I have come to the conclusion that it is not of human origin. There are too many scientific statements ahead of its time, mathematical miracles etc, for it to be the work of a mere man.

However, as a Christian, there is an alternative explanation of the Qur'an - The Devil knows all these facts, and he could have revealed the Qur'an to Muhammad (SAW). How do we know that the Qur'an is God's word and not the Devil's? No-one actually saw the Angel Gabriel, only Muhammad (SAW).

While I have heard the argument "Why would the Devil tell us to worship God?", Christians believe that if you do not believe in Jesus as the Son of God, you cannot know God (1 John 2:23). Therefore, they claim, that Devil is leading people away from God with the Qur'an by rejecting the Son.

This post is not intended to cause debate, I am just sincerely seeking answers and wanting to know the truth about Islam and the Qur'an.

why do you believe that shaitan has knowledge of the heavens and earth and of the future and the unseen?

Abu Abdullah

aamirsaab
08-23-2007, 10:23 PM
:sl:, yagshemash, guten tag, konichiwa, etc

[snip]....However, as a Christian, there is an alternative explanation of the Qur'an - The Devil knows all these facts, and he could have revealed the Qur'an to Muhammad (SAW). How do we know that the Qur'an is God's word and not the Devil's? No-one actually saw the Angel Gabriel, only Muhammad (SAW).
I've heard this argument before - some dude [PM me if you would like his youtube account name] brought it up on youtube in an attempt to refute Islam. I found it quite silly and funny at the same time, since his whole argument was based on the IF statement. But that's a different tale....

I would reply to this particular bit, but you do later state that you don't want a debate.

So let's answer your question: Is the Qur'an from God?

As a muslim it's pretty much installed in me that the Quran is from God.
As a human being (i.e from analysing what I have read of the Quran): the guidance behind the words used etc cannot be from any man - no matter how literate. Also, as you have stated there is information within the holy book that does indeed preceed it's time. To me, those two things convince me that the Quran is indeed from God.

Michael
08-24-2007, 02:22 AM
In Christianity, we believe that Shaitan was an angel who fell from grace. The angels were around when God created the universe, so Shaitan would have seen it and known about it.

- Qatada -
08-24-2007, 03:45 PM
In Christianity, we believe that Shaitan was an angel who fell from grace. The angels were around when God created the universe, so Shaitan would have seen it and known about it.

We do not believe shaytaan was a fallen angel, since angels can never disobey Allaah. Rather, shaytaan was a jinn (another type of creation of Allaah created from smokeless fire.)
Behold! We said to the angels, "Bow down to Adam": They bowed down except Iblis. He was one of the Jinns, and he broke the Command of his Lord. Will ye then take him and his progeny as protectors rather than Me? And they are enemies to you! Evil would be the exchange for the wrong-doers!

[Qur'an 18: 150]

Iblis was the name of Shaytan, and Shaytan can (i think) mean 'adversary' in the arabic language.

"Did I not enjoin on you, O ye Children of Adam, that ye should not worship Satan; for that he was to you an open enemy?-

"And that ye should worship Me, (for that) this was the Straight Way?

[Qur'an 36: 60-1]

Allaah has repeatedly warned us not to take Shaytan as our friend (by obeying him, and inclining to evil), rather - he is a clear enemy to us, and he has no intention except to make us ungrateful to Allaah. To become arrogant so we don't worship Allaah properly, this is his intent, since he envies the Children of Adam.

However, if we remain grateful to Allaah and obey Him. We hope to be of those who Allaah will grant His mercy too, and it is they who are the succesful, in this life and the hereafter.

So Michael, if it was supposedly a devil who gave this revelation to Muhammad (peace be upon him), then is it believable that the devil would call to the worship of God? Is it believable that the devil would call to goodness, to the establishing of prayer, to the enjoining of family ties, to help the needy and orphans, to unite people on what they differed? Is it believable that the devil would call one to have a stronger relationship with God?

The answer is NO, obviously. So who else could this revelation be, apart from the Lord of the Worlds, who has knowledge of all things, the Most Wise. :)

Peace.

Huma*
08-24-2007, 04:57 PM
Nice reply :sunny:

Uthman
08-24-2007, 06:38 PM
The Qur'an teaches good.

The devil would not want to teach good.

:)

NYCmuslim
08-25-2007, 12:41 AM
An even simpler question: How the can the religion of peace be sent by the devil?

Why would the devil tell us to avoid alcohol, drugs, and pre-marital sex? How could the devil tell us to dress modestly and be modest in our appearance? How could the devil tell us to help the needy, hungry, wayfarer, and down-trodden?

How could something so evil and misleading as the devil reveal such beauty to mankind (I seek refuge in Allah)?

No offense brother Michael, but the question you posed is quite silly. May the peace and blessings of Allah be upon you.

tresbien
08-25-2007, 06:13 PM
Mr
All i can tell you is to visit this site to know more aboutQuran and to find answers to u questions that SATAN has whispered to you .However, nothing has been left at random

http://www.quran.org/quran/

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
08-25-2007, 07:56 PM
Trying to go into so much detail and such, people tend to forget what the Qur'an begins with. Before we start reading or saying anything, we seek refuge in Allah(swt) from Shaitan. So why would Shaitan ask us to seek refuge from himself?

Peace

6sman
08-25-2007, 08:27 PM
Salamu alaikum wa rehmatullah,

Enough has been said already to indicate the fact that the Glorious Qur'an could not have been a devil's inpiration. Allow me repeat what i said in the other thread and rectify the error of getting my reference mixed up.
Whenever Christians in particular ask or make accusation of the Qur'an being a demonic scripture, i waste no time in pointing out what Jesus[p] said in response to a similar charge as recorded in the Gospels.

Prophet Jesus[p] was accused of being demented and his ability of casting out devils was nothing more than a devil's handiwork. Some Pharisees claimed;
"He[Jesus] is possessed by Be-el'zebul, and by the prince of demons he casts out the demons." [Mark 3:22] Jesus'[p] reply was brisk and perfect;
How can Satan cast out Satan? If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand. And if a house is divided against itself, that house will not be able to stand. And if Satan has risen up against himself and is divided, he cannot stand, but is coming to an end. [Mr 3:23-26]

As Jesus[p] went on to explain, it was the Holy Spirit[Gabriel] who actually perfomed these miraculous acts and accused the scribes and the Pharisees instead of commiting blasphemy.

Such accusations are a failure to explain the miraculous nature of the Qur'an and they are certainly not new, for the Prophet Muhammad[p] like Jesus[p], also faced such charges. The Qur'an states;
But when the Truth came to them, they said: "This is sorcery, and we do reject it." [Al-Qur'an 43:30] When non-muslims cannot come up with a better argument or any, they resort back to the same old apologies as those afore-time. Allah[s] is enough as a Witness;
Say[O Muhammad], the Holy Spirit has brought the revelation from thy Lord in Truth, in order to strengthen those who believe, and as a Guide and Glad Tidings to Muslims. [Al-Qur'an 16:102]

Salamu alaikum!

Woodrow
08-26-2007, 01:44 AM
Just my opinion. but in my view to ascribe Shaytan with the ability to create the Qur'an is attributing too much power to him and in doing so is a form of false worship. This is an act of believing Shaytan has the ability to perform miracles on his own such as knowing the future, etc.

To subscribe false powers to Shaytan, can be placing shaytan on an equal or near equal level as God(swt). That is a very dangerous path to tread.

Malaikah
08-26-2007, 02:07 AM
What makes you think the devil would have been able to see the future and understand science? That makes no sense at all. Even if the devil did get a chance to witness the creation of he universe it doesn't explain how he would be able to understand how it works.

It also doesn't explain how he would have been a master of the Arabic language, because the linguistic aspect of the Quran is one of its greatest miracles, it is the pinnacle of eloquence.

Let's take the development of the foetus as an example. The devil 'fell', as you call it, before any babies were conceived, Adam and Eve were the only humans of the time and neither was born a natural birth. Babies didn't even exist yet. By the time they had their first kids, the devil was already kicked out of Heaven, so he can't have known about it.

Make sense? :)

learnfromquran
08-31-2007, 12:15 PM
The answer for your question here:
http://www.learnfromquran.com/displa...?mainTopicID=2

BlackMamba
09-08-2007, 01:38 AM
I think this verse from the Holy Quran should suffice:

فَإِذَا قَرَأۡتَ ٱلۡقُرۡءَانَ فَٱسۡتَعِذۡ بِٱللَّهِ مِنَ

ٱلشَّيۡطَـٰنِ ٱلرَّجِيمِ
I English "And when thou recitest the Qur'an, seek refuge in Allah from Satan the outcast."This is Surah Nahl Ayah 98

So why would the author of the book call him self the outcast. And then ask the reader to seek refuge in Allah from him before reading? Thinking that Satan wrote it is illogical and actually kind of funny.

Muslim_person
09-08-2007, 01:29 PM
Asselam Alaikum

yes Quran is From Allah

OverRated
09-15-2007, 01:45 AM
The quran was written by the caliphs that described the prophets teachings and sayings. The sayings and teachigns from the prophet were from god but the book was written by man. This is like the bible for christians. It was not written by jesus but by his followers.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
09-15-2007, 06:43 PM
It was preserved by his(saw) followers not really written...

:sl:

alexie
09-16-2007, 01:39 AM
I Hi Guys

I have some thoughts about Jesus in the Koran but I am confused as it is different to some Muslims I have chatted to
What do you make of it?

surah al-Imran 3:45 and surah
Ambiyaa 21:91. Allah said that He would put his Word into
Maryam. What or who is Allah’s “Word?” To better
understand this, read surah Ambiyaa 21:91 “…and she
(Maryam) guarded her chastity, therefore We breathed into her
of our Spirit and made her and her son a sign for all people.”
Why do we refer to Isa as “Isa Kalimatullah” and “Isa
Ruhullah?” The Qur’an makes it clear; Isa is the Word (Kalim)
and Spirit (Ruh) of Allah. No other person or prophet carries
these titles.
Allah’s “Word” and “Spirit” were placed inside of Maryam and
became a living baby. Allah told Maryam to name the baby Isa
al-Masih (Jesus the Messiah). Al-Masih means “the anointed
or promised one.” 758 years before the birth of Isa, the prophet
Isaiah wrote, “…a virgin will conceive and his name will be

called, ‘Immanuel’ (Isaiah 7:14). “Immanuel” is a Hebrew
word meaning, “Allah is with us.”
Isa would be honored by all people in this world and forever in
heaven and he would be one of those nearest to Allah Himself.
The Qur’an paints a picture of Isa for us. He is Allah’s Kalim
(Word), His Ruh (Spirit), (al-Masih) the promised anointed
one, and “a sign for (all) the nations” (Ambiyaa 21:91). When
we want to go somewhere that we have never gone before, we
look for a sign to guide us. Where will we go if we follow Isa?

MustafaMc
09-16-2007, 03:11 AM
I hope that I don't offend you, but I must correct the errors in this post.
format_quote Originally Posted by OverRated
The quran was written by the caliphs that described the prophets teachings and sayings.
This is completely false. The caliphs did not write the Quran.

From http://islam.about.com/gi/dynamic/of...tionbrief.html

During the life of the Prophet (saas) (570-632 CE)
  • The Prophet (saas) used to recite the Qur'an before angel Jibreel (Gabriel) once every Ramadan, but he recited it twice (in the same order we have today) in the last Ramadan before his death. Jibreel also taught the Prophet (saas) the seven modes of recitation.
  • Each verse received was recited by the Prophet, and its location relative to other verses and surahs was identified by him.
  • The verses were written by scribes, selected by the Prophet, on any suitable object - the leaves of trees, pieces of wood, parchment or leather, flat stones, and shoulder blades. Scribes included Ali Ibn Abi Talib, Mu'awiyah Ibn Abi Sufyan, Ubey Ibn Ka'ab, Zayed Ibn Thabit.
  • Some of the companions wrote the Qur'an for their own use.
  • Several hundred companions memorized the Qur'an by heart.
During the caliphate of Abu Bakr (632-634 CE)
  • Umar Ibn Al-Khattab urged Abu Bakr to preserve and compile the Qur'an. This was prompted after the battle of Yamamah, where heavy casualties were suffered among the reciters who memorized the Qur'an.
  • Abu Bakr entrusted Zayed Ibn Thabit with the task of collecting the Qur'an. Zayed had been present during the last recitation of the Qur'an by the Prophet to Angel Jibreel (Gabriel).
  • Zayed, with the help of the companions who memorized and wrote verses of the Qur'an, accomplished the task and handed Abu Bakr the first authenticated copy of the Qur'an. The copy was kept in the residence of Hafsah, daughter of Umar and wife of the Prophet.
During the caliphate of Uthman (644-656 CE)
  • Uthman ordered Zayed Ibn Thabit, Abdullah Ibn Al Zubayr, Saeed Ibn Al-Aas, and Abdur-Rahman Ibn Harith Ibn Hisham to make perfect copies of the authenticated copy kept with Hafsa. This was due to the rapid expansion of the Islamic state and concern about differences in recitation.
  • Copies were sent to various places in the Muslim world. The original copy was returned to Hafsa, and a copy was kept in Madinah.
The sayings and teachigns from the prophet were from god but the book was written by man.
Partially true, particularly if one refers to the Hadith. The Quran was recorded by man which is different from man writing it. If I record exactly what President Bush said in a speech, then I am acting as a scribe and only recording his words. However, if I take notes from the speech and come up with a summary in my own words then I am acting as an author. The Quran was recited by Prophet Muhammad (saaws) as revealed to him through the Angel Jibrail and others recorded exactly what was revealed.
This is like the bible for christians. It was not written by jesus but by his followers.
No, the Quran is quite unlike the Bible. There are red letter editions of the NT to indicate what few words Jesus (as) supposedly to have said. In contrast, every letter of the Quran was spoken by Prophet Muhammad. There is also a clear distinction between revelation (Quran) and what Prohet Muhammad (saaws) said in every day circumstances (Hadith).

MustafaMc
09-16-2007, 03:42 AM
Actually, I have no proof that the Quran is from God other than the application of logic. Before we recite a portion of the Quran we first say, "Bismillahi a-Rahmani a-Raheem. A'udhu Billahi mina Shaytan a-rajeem" meaning "In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful. I seek refuge in Allah from Shaytan, the accursed." Shaytan is never put in a favorable light in the Quran - actually quite the opposite.

I am sure that you could counter that the teaching of Islam was an elaborate plan by Shaytan to lead followers of Muhammad away from the worship of Jesus as being at the same time God and Son of God. You may say that Shaytan misled us to think that we are worshiping our Creator as He wants to be worshiped, but in the end getting us to reject the doctrine of Jesus being the Son of God and his death on the cross as a redemption from our sins. From a Christian perspective we Muslims could be sincere in our worship of Allah, but in the end, since we reject the Christian "Plan of Salvation", not gaining the Paradise that we seek. We Muslims, of course, would strongly disagree with such ideas.

If you entertain these thoughts as being true, then I hope that you accept that the questions you ask could just as easily be asked about portions of the Bible and the hypothetical points that I made above about being misled could just as easily be applied to Christians.

nocturne
09-16-2007, 08:26 AM
I think its a question of common-sense.

We all know Iblis(Satan) does not like humans and want all of us to go to hell.
So how does devoting oneself to god straying from the right path....

MustafaMc
09-16-2007, 01:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by alexie
I Hi Guys

I have some thoughts about Jesus in the Koran but I am confused as it is different to some Muslims I have chatted to
What do you make of it?

surah al-Imran 3:45 and surah
Ambiyaa 21:91. Allah said that He would put his Word into
Maryam. What or who is Allah’s “Word?”
I think that this question is best answered by the verses following 3:45 and other portions of the Quran cited below.

Quran 3:45-47 When the angels said "O Maryem! Allah gives you the good news with a Word from Him that you will be given a son: his name will be Messiah, Isa (Jesus Christ) the son of Maryem. He will be noble in this world and the Hereafter; and he will be from those who are very close to Allah. He will speak to the people in the cradle and in his old age and he will be among the righteous." Hearing this, Maryem said, "O my Rabb! How can I have a son when no man has ever touched me?" He replied, "Even so, Allah creates however He wants; whenever He decides to do anything, He only says it to 'Be' and it is!.

The angel Jibrail conveyed the message to Mary about the birth of Jesus much in the way that Ibrahim was informed of the miraculous birth of his son Ishaq. Ayat 47 informs us how Jesus was created by a simple word "Be" from Allah. This is also confirmed in Quran 19:35-36 It is not befitting to the majesty of Allah that He Himself should beget a son! He is far above this (weakness to get a son for name, fame, help or continuity of race); for when He decrees a matter He need only say: "Be" and it is. Isa declared, Verily Allah is my Rabb and your Rabb: therefore serve Him. This is a Right Way.

This point is repeated in the Quran due to the miraculous nature of Jesus' birth. Just as Jesus did not originate with the natural union of a man and a woman, Adam also had a miraculous origin that culminated with the word "Be" from Allah. Quran 3:59-60 In fact the example of the birth of Isa ( Jesus) in the sight of Allah is like the example of Adam who had no father and mother, whom He created out of dust, then said to him: "Be" and he was. This is the Truth from your Rabb, therefore, do not be of those who doubt it.
To better understand this, read surah Ambiyaa 21:91 “…and she
(Maryam) guarded her chastity, therefore We breathed into her
of our Spirit and made her and her son a sign for all people.”
Why do we refer to Isa as “Isa Kalimatullah” and “Isa
Ruhullah?” The Qur’an makes it clear; Isa is the Word (Kalim)
and Spirit (Ruh) of Allah. No other person or prophet carries
these titles.
Allah’s “Word” and “Spirit” were placed inside of Maryam and
became a living baby. Allah told Maryam to name the baby Isa
al-Masih (Jesus the Messiah). Al-Masih means “the anointed
or promised one.”
The verse that you quoted is true. Quran 21:91 And We blessed the woman (Maryam), who guarded her chastity, We breathed into her of Our Spirit and We made her and her son a sign for the whole world. This is one of the mysteries that are not completely understood, but again the likeness is of Adam. Quran 15:28-29 Remember when your Rabb said to the angels: "I am about to create a man from sounding clay, black mud moulded into shape; when I complete his moulding and breath into him of My spirit, kneel down and prostrate before him."

Another relevant passage:

Quran 4:171-172 O People of the Book! Do not transgress the limits of your religion. Speak nothing but the Truth about Allah. The Messiah, Isa (Jesus) the son of Maryam (Mary) was no more than a Rasool of Allah and His Word "Be" which He bestowed on Maryam and a Spirit from Him which took the shape of a child in her womb. So believe in Allah and His Rasools and do not say: "Trinity"." Stop saying that, it is better for you. Allah is only One Deity. He is far above from the need of having a son! To Him belongs all that is in the heavens and in the Earth. Allah Alone is sufficient for protection. The Messiah (Jesus) never disdained to be the worshipper of Allah nor do the angels who are nearest to Allah. Whosoever disdains His worship and is arrogant will be brought before Him all together. The commentary on this ayat in Yusuf Ali says "Christ's attributes are mentioned .... (4) a spirit proceeding from Allah, but not Allah...."

758 years before the birth of Isa, the prophet
Isaiah wrote, “…a virgin will conceive and his name will be
called, ‘Immanuel’ (Isaiah 7:14). “Immanuel” is a Hebrew
word meaning, “Allah is with us.”
Isa would be honored by all people in this world and forever in
heaven and he would be one of those nearest to Allah Himself.
The Qur’an paints a picture of Isa for us. He is Allah’s Kalim
(Word), His Ruh (Spirit), (al-Masih) the promised anointed
one, and “a sign for (all) the nations” (Ambiyaa 21:91). When
we want to go somewhere that we have never gone before, we
look for a sign to guide us. Where will we go if we follow Isa?
If you follow Isa, you will follow the one that he prophesied to come after him. The Comforter spoken of repeatedly in John is understood by Christians to be the Holy Spirit, but Muslims understand the Comforter in John to be Prophet Muhammad.

John 16:12-14 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he shall guide you into all the truth: for he shall not speak from himself; but what things soever he shall hear, [these] shall he speak: and he shall declare unto you the things that are to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall take of mine, and shall declare [it] unto you.

It is understood by all Muslims that the Quran was revealed to Prophet Muhammad and that he recited words that were not his own. The first revelation was: Quran 96:1 Read! In the name of your Rabb Who created According to commentary in Yusuf Ali translation "Iqraa may mean "read", or "recite" or "reherse", or "proclaim aloud", the object understood being Allah's Message" Also, Quran 29:45 Recite from this Book (Al-Qur'an) which has been revealed to you...

alexie
09-17-2007, 10:46 AM
If you follow Isa, you will follow the one that he prophesied to come after him. The Comforter spoken of repeatedly in John is understood by Christians to be the Holy Spirit, but Muslims understand the Comforter in John to be Prophet Muhammad.

Where in the Koran does it say Mohammod is the one to follow Isa?
How does Mohommod help follow Isa when Isa died, was resurrected and went into heaven. This is what the Koran says? This also does not make sense when one studies the Holy Spirit in the Injil.

MustafaMc
09-18-2007, 01:46 AM
Without entering into a debate, I will try to answer your questions.
format_quote Originally Posted by alexie
Where in the Koran does it say Mohammod is the one to follow Isa?
It doesn't.
How does Mohommod help follow Isa when Isa died, was resurrected and went into heaven. This is what the Koran says?
Actually, the Quran says that Jesus ascended without dying.
This also does not make sense when one studies the Holy Spirit in the Injil.
You are right some verses of the Gospels specifically say the Holy Spirit is the one prophesied to come after Jesus.

Sheba
09-18-2007, 08:43 PM

Peace Micheal,

In the past the same thing was said about Moses...why should people believe that he was a messenger of God. The reply was...by the message he brought.
Look at the message of the Quran and judge for yourself the truth of the Quran.

You already state that the Quran is not of human origin, too advanced for it's time. You have acknowledged the facts/miracles within it for yourself. You acknowledge this, do you really think the devil has this power? Look at the message, does the message of Quran lead you to believe that it comes from other than God?

"The devils can never reveal this. They neither would, nor could. For they are prevented from hearing. Therefore, do not idolize beside God any other god, lest you incur the retribution" Quran chaper 26, verses 210-213.

Counter flip to your "alternative explanation":-

The Quran is truly from God and explains the fact that Jesus is a prophet of God, but not the son of God as reported by Christianity. Please read the following verses for your reference:

Quran:-
Chapter 4: verses 171-172
Chaper 5: verses17, 72-73, 110-121
Chapter 19 (Mary) verses 16-40

believer
09-24-2007, 10:51 AM
I don't believe you have read the Qur'an... if you did, you wouldn't be confused.

It is a clear book... and it confirms the past scriptures... that is, if you have fully grasped the contexts of the Old and New Testament and if you have read it with an enlightened mind.

It is true that the bible is corrupted when the Persians captured the Jews and tried to erase Hebrew as their language and translated the original Hebrew bible into Greek. But, there are still golden nuggets in it that if we stick to it - we can be guided reading the whole book... and by picking up these nuggets we will not be decieved nor be strayed by Satan.

one of the golden nuggets is the First Commandment "Thou shall have no other God before God." Then Jesus said "The Greatest Commandment is to Love God above all, with all thy heart and mind."... and the Last Prophet Muhammad (SAW) delivered the message of God through his mouth by divine revelation... "La Ilaha Ilalah!"...(There is no God but God - and Allah is his proper name)

The devil is desperate... because the Devil knows that once he can get people to forget this very important message... he will be able to bring many souls with him in the hellfire. Why? because the devil knows that if people will associate others in their worship of God... or simply disbelieve in God - the ONE GOD referred and worshipped by all the prophets including Jesus (pbuh)... God cannot forgive us. This sin is called SHIRK. (Shirk is the only sin unforgiveable by God)... so if you say that the Devil has the power to bring a book like the Qur'an... is actually falling into the Devils trap itself.

I am happy that the Devil has no power over me. ... well, not anymore after I have embraced and have grown to live in Islam. ... If you are one of the Christian who would defend Paul... then you must agree with Paul when he says about the "Fruits of the Spirit"... how can something so good and so beautiful come from the Devil?... NO WAY JOSE'!

tarek29
09-24-2007, 10:19 PM
Salam Alekom,

Quran Perfect book becuase it is from Perfect God, Allah(swt) in Quran gave us a lot of SIGNS to people so that they beleive in the message that were send for their sake, before Allah (swt) supported his Prophets and messangers with Miracles, but although people saw those Miracles it ere not enough for them, so Quran as LAST TESTMENT and last message that came from skies to us, so it have to contain SIGNS to its Truth, and one of those SIGNS that this thread will be about:

"Do they not then consider the Quran carefully? Had it been from other than Allah, they would surely have found therein much contradictions." Holy Quran 4:81

أفلا يتدبرون القرآن ولو كان من عند غير الله لوجدوا فيه اختلافا كثيرا

So the Quran clearly says that if it is not from God it will contain Mistakes and contradictions, but fact is:

There is not even one SINGLE Mistake or contradiction in QURAN!

I guess this is all general talks, so if someone thinks that what Quran mentions is not true please provide us your PROOF, all what is needed is ONE MISTAKE or Contradiction same like what we can read in other scriptures that either not from God or corrupted by humans!

May Allah (swt) guide us all!

Peace

Draco
09-28-2007, 12:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tarek29
Quran Perfect book becuase it is from Perfect God, <snip>
So the Quran clearly says that if it is not from God it will contain Mistakes and contradictions, but fact is:

There is not even one SINGLE Mistake or contradiction in QURAN!

I guess this is all general talks, so if someone thinks that what Quran mentions is not true please provide us your PROOF, all what is needed is ONE MISTAKE or Contradiction same like what we can read in other scriptures that either not from God or corrupted by humans!

<snip>
Sorry to butt in but here are some errors:

Till, when he (the traveller Zul-qarnain) reached the setting-place of the Sun, he found it going down into a muddy spring… [Quran 18: 86]

Does the sun really go into a muddy spring?

And the sun runneth on unto a resting place for him. That is the measuring of the Mighty, the Wise. [Quran 36: 38]

It is He who created The Night and Day, And the Sun and Moon; each of them Swim (float) along in its own course. [Quran 21: 33]

It is not for Sun to overtake the moon, nor doth the night outstrip the day. They float each in an orbit. [Quran 36: 40]

What resting place does the sun go to?
The last 2 quotes are very revealing. How can the Sun overtake the moon? You could only think that if you imagined the sun and the moon orbiting the earth. As we well know this is incorrect.

I'm sure there are more.

I've never understood why Muslims are so convinced by the predictive qualities of the Quran. For instance, you could imagine a child making the false assumption that the sun and the moon follow their own path around the earth because intuitively, that's what appears to be happening.

Can any Muslims in the forum convince a non-believer like me what predictions are so fantastically convincing?

BlackMamba
09-30-2007, 11:53 PM
Where does it say that the sun and moon orbit the earth. It says that both the sun and moon have there own course. This is scientifically proven. And in fact no one knew until very recently that the sun actually has its own set course as well. Wow, orbit the earth? what r u talking about

NoName55
10-01-2007, 01:32 AM
So far no person has pointed to any contradiction in the Quraan.

They have not even pointed to a single factual error in that book either.

Its only the small time copy pasters , who cannot reason well, they see things which aren't there.

NoName55
10-01-2007, 01:54 AM
A person who did not use copying and pasting would have known that those were out of context and mistranslated little snippets (copied from some anti-Islam site) part of bigger story.

Till, when he (the traveller Zul-qarnain) reached the setting-place of the Sun, he found it going down into a muddy spring… [Quran 18: 86]

example 1
First of all, Allah does not say sun sets in muddy spring or murky water. He is telling us about the experience of Zul Qarnain(A.S) .

It appeared to Zul Qarnain as if the sun was setting in a spring of murky water.

if you are sitting besides an ocean at the time of sunset. The farthest you can see is water. So would it not appear to you as if the sun is setting in the water. If there are high mountains does it not appear to you that sun is setting behind the mountain.

example 2

everybody knows sun does not rise or set. but we still use the terms like sunset and sunrise.

can I say "I break my fast at sunset or got up at sunrise"?
should it be I break my fast or got up when earth revolved this or that much around the sun?

It is impossible to explain to those who don't listen, the intricacies of languages, I mean if you do not understand a simple language like English, what chance is there of you being able to translate from or understand language of the Holy Quraan?

tarek29
10-01-2007, 03:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Draco
Sorry to butt in but here are some errors:

And the sun runneth on unto a resting place for him. That is the measuring of the Mighty, the Wise. [Quran 36: 38]

It is He who created The Night and Day, And the Sun and Moon; each of them Swim (float) along in its own course. [Quran 21: 33]

It is not for Sun to overtake the moon, nor doth the night outstrip the day. They float each in an orbit. [Quran 36: 40]

What resting place does the sun go to?
The last 2 quotes are very revealing. How can the Sun overtake the moon? You could only think that if you imagined the sun and the moon orbiting the earth. As we well know this is incorrect.

I'm sure there are more.

I've never understood why Muslims are so convinced by the predictive qualities of the Quran. For instance, you could imagine a child making the false assumption that the sun and the moon follow their own path around the earth because intuitively, that's what appears to be happening.

Can any Muslims in the forum convince a non-believer like me what predictions are so fantastically convincing?

The sun is heading or drifting toward an unknown destination.

Some scientists claim that the sun is running toward the Star Vega

and others say that it is running toward a black hole.

But we certainly know for sure that according to Noble Verse 36:38, the sun is heading toward a "resting place."

Peace

جوري
10-01-2007, 03:31 AM
You want to understand the book, read it for yourself.. if you don't understand why nearly 2 billion of the world's population are Muslims, why 20,000 Americans convert to islam yearly.. well I guess they are on to something, that you are not!.. Now-- to convince any non-Muslim of the truth of the Quran.. well I absolutely see no point to that.. can any Muslim or non-Muslim explain to me the significance of explicating the Quran to an Athiest who readily enjoys, cut and pastes that peddle in anti-Islamic rhetoric?

Has anyone here ever read the cliff notes for an English class out of hurry, and expected that his preceptor be impressed or that he gets an A on the topic?

fast, trusted, proven? not the way to go me thinkus for critical interpretation of sacred writings!

هُوَ الَّذِيَ أَنزَلَ عَلَيْكَ الْكِتَابَ مِنْهُ آيَاتٌ مُّحْكَمَاتٌ هُنَّ أُمُّ الْكِتَابِ وَأُخَرُ مُتَشَابِهَاتٌ فَأَمَّا الَّذِينَ في قُلُوبِهِمْ زَيْغٌ فَيَتَّبِعُونَ مَا تَشَابَهَ مِنْهُ ابْتِغَاء الْفِتْنَةِ وَابْتِغَاء تَأْوِيلِهِ وَمَا يَعْلَمُ تَأْوِيلَهُ إِلاَّ اللّهُ وَالرَّاسِخُونَ فِي الْعِلْمِ يَقُولُونَ آمَنَّا بِهِ كُلٌّ مِّنْ عِندِ رَبِّنَا وَمَا يَذَّكَّرُ إِلاَّ أُوْلُواْ الألْبَابِ {7}
[Pickthal 3:7] He it is Who hath revealed unto thee (Muhammad) the Scripture wherein are clear revelations - they are the substance of the Book - and others (which are) allegorical. But those in whose hearts is doubt pursue, forsooth, that which is allegorical seeking (to cause) dissension by seeking to explain it. None knoweth its explanation save Allah. And those who are of sound instruction say: We believe therein; the whole is from our Lord; but only men of understanding really heed.
:w:

Draco
10-01-2007, 06:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Shakoor15
Where does it say that the sun and moon orbit the earth. It says that both the sun and moon have there own course. This is scientifically proven. And in fact no one knew until very recently that the sun actually has its own set course as well. Wow, orbit the earth? what r u talking about
Here’s the verse again:

I realise that this does not explicitly state “The sun orbits the Earth” but it states the sun and the moon each float in their own orbit. If not the earth, orbit of what I ask?

format_quote Originally Posted by NoName55
So far no person has pointed to any contradiction in the Quraan.

They have not even pointed to a single factual error in that book either.

Its only the small time copy pasters , who cannot reason well, they see things which aren't there.
Well I could add some more but I might be accused of being a small-time copy-paster. Well at that risk, here’s another contradiction:

How many days did creation take?

Sura 7:54, 10:3, 11:7, and 25:59 all clearly state that God created "the heavens and the earth" in six days.

BUT…

Sura 41:9-12, the detailed description of the creation procedure, add up to eight days.

format_quote Originally Posted by NoName55
A person who did not use copying and pasting would have known that those were out of context and mistranslated little snippets (copied from some anti-Islam site) part of bigger story.

example 1
First of all, Allah does not say sun sets in muddy spring or murky water. He is telling us about the experience of Zul Qarnain(A.S) .

It appeared to Zul Qarnain as if the sun was setting in a spring of murky water.

if you are sitting besides an ocean at the time of sunset. The farthest you can see is water. So would it not appear to you as if the sun is setting in the water. If there are high mountains does it not appear to you that sun is setting behind the mountain.

example 2

everybody knows sun does not rise or set. but we still use the terms like sunset and sunrise.

can I say "I break my fast at sunset or got up at sunrise"?
should it be I break my fast or got up when earth revolved this or that much around the sun?

It is impossible to explain to those who don't listen, the intricacies of languages, I mean if you do not understand a simple language like English, what chance is there of you being able to translate from or understand language of the Holy Quraan?
Ah so it’s a colloquialism. Why would the word of God be written in such an informal way? In fact incidentally, why would the word of God (presumably meant for everyone) be written in one language anyway?

BlackMamba
10-01-2007, 11:52 PM
The part that you quoted from surah ya-seen is not a wrong statement. You are right, it doesnt say that the sun orbits the earth so therefore there is no contradiction, and thats all i know because i'm not an astronomer.
And the verses you quoted from surah al-fussilat is kind of confusing to translate to english so it can be misunderstood. the word Allah uses is "thumma" which can be trasnlated as either then or simultaneously. In these verses it means that Allah made the mountains and the earth simultaneously. I cant really explain it that good, but just click on this link. It'll give u detailed explanation of the 8 day myth that u somehow believe in. http://www.understanding-islam.com/r...article&aid=76

Draco
10-03-2007, 12:03 AM
The part that you quoted from surah ya-seen is not a wrong statement. You are right, it doesnt say that the sun orbits the earth so therefore there is no contradiction, and thats all i know because i'm not an astronomer.
Well I don’t think you need to be an astronomer in the 21st century to be able to understand the basics of our solar system. Any textbook that you pick up today will provide you with about as much as any non-astronomer would want to know about the earth, moon and sun.

And the verses you quoted from surah al-fussilat is kind of confusing to translate to english so it can be misunderstood. the word Allah uses is "thumma" which can be trasnlated as either then or simultaneously. In these verses it means that Allah made the mountains and the earth simultaneously. I cant really explain it that good, but just click on this link. It'll give u detailed explanation of the 8 day myth that u somehow believe in. http://www.understanding-islam.com/r...article&aid=76
I sympathise with your confusion Shakoor15. The Quran isn’t very clear on such things is it?

I read the explanation in the link about the 6/8 day contradiction. What an ingenious way of interpreting the text so as not to make the Quran author look like “he (He) possesses an intelligence above a two year old child” (as the article put it). Although you would have thought that such carelessness when writing about an important fact like the length of time it took to create the heavens and earth would have been re-written in the proof read? ;-)

I apologise for my sarcasm but I’m actually trying to make a point. I can see this thread turning into a debate about the accuracy of specific verses of the Quran and I’m sure that everyone has been done that one before. I could post dozens of contradictions and inaccuracies that I’m sure would be hotly rebutted by the Muslims in this forum but let’s not get into that.

The point is that look at the lengths you must go to in order to explain… let’s say dubious… versus of the Quran. The sun heading to a black hole, the need for some generously lenient interpretation and clever arithmetic… etc. Come on everyone! This is supposed to be the word of God! Creator of all the heavens and the earth in 6 (or is it 8) days! I would have thought such an almighty being could have at least written a book that was clear, concise and completely unambiguous. Perhaps even sent it down in multiple languages to avoid translation confusion. I mean some of the verses seem more like they were written by someone with an understanding of science, the earth and the universe equivalent to that of a man living in 600 CE. :-) Wouldn’t you agree?!

aamirsaab
10-04-2007, 10:32 AM
:sl:
I got bored of revising and decided to post

Here’s the verse again:

I realise that this does not explicitly state “The sun orbits the Earth” but it states the sun and the moon each float in their own orbit. If not the earth, orbit of what I ask?
You are over complicating the statement; it is written in laymans term.

Well I could add some more but I might be accused of being a small-time copy-paster. Well at that risk, here’s another contradiction:

How many days did creation take?

Sura 7:54, 10:3, 11:7, and 25:59 all clearly state that God created "the heavens and the earth" in six days.

BUT…

Sura 41:9-12, the detailed description of the creation procedure, add up to eight days.
Firstly, the later description equated to 6 days not 8, since from my recollection of reading that ayat, 1 week ago, it stated that the two ''extra'' days are actually referring to days 5 and 6. Secondly, day in this particular sense is in reference to God's time, which roughly translates to around 50,000 years or so.

Ah so it’s a colloquialism. Why would the word of God be written in such an informal way?
This point is meaningless. However, if you want to get pedantic; the Quran was written, in it's original form, by the Prophet [saw] and dictated via the angel Gibrael and God.

In fact incidentally, why would the word of God (presumably meant for everyone) be written in one language anyway?
Because this is the language that the last Prophet [saw] spoke in. There was only one Quran sent down to Earth and it was sent to the people of arabia, thus it would make sense if it is in ARABIC? Translations of the Quran, with interpretations, are numerous. I advise you strongly to purchase one as opposed to nit-picking ayats from the internet.

Draco
10-04-2007, 12:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
Here’s the verse again:

You are over complicating the statement; it is written in laymans term.
Well it’s not correct even in laymans terms is it? What am I overcomplicating?

Firstly, the later description equated to 6 days not 8, since from my recollection of reading that ayat, 1 week ago, it stated that the two ''extra'' days are actually referring to days 5 and 6. Secondly, day in this particular sense is in reference to God's time, which roughly translates to around 50,000 years or so.
That brings up another discrepancy: Is Allah's day equal to 1,000 human years (Sura 22:47, 32:5) or 50,000 human years (Sura 70:4)?

Ah so it’s a colloquialism. Why would the word of God be written in such an informal way?
This point is meaningless. However, if you want to get pedantic; the Quran was written, in it's original form, by the Prophet [saw] and dictated via the angel Gibrael and God.
It’s not meaningless; you’ve just missed the point. My point was that given that this is the “Word of God” you might think that the language would be clear and unambiguous and not written using the vernacular of a particular era. I’m alluding to the fact that you would expect colloquialisms to be used in a book that had been written by a person (or group of people) in a particular place and era.

Because this is the language that the last Prophet [saw] spoke in. There was only one Quran sent down to Earth and it was sent to the people of arabia, thus it would make sense if it is in ARABIC? Translations of the Quran, with interpretations, are numerous. I advise you strongly to purchase one as opposed to nit-picking ayats from the internet.
See my previous post but I’ll make the point again. Why was it sent only to the people of Arabia and not some other country or group of people? Why was it sent to only one man and not a group of people all at the same time so that it's content could be verified? Why not send it to all parts of the globe and in multiple languages? Why not send the message repeatedly over the course of time so to avoid it getting mutated. Come to think of it, if we’re talking about the entity that supposedly created EVERYTHING, why not just create us humans with the teachings already embedded in our brains?

You seem all to eager to accept as fact certain pieces of information without asking “WHY?” or “IS THAT LIKELY?”. Do these questions ever occur to the Muslims in this forum or are they just too inconvenient to think about?

NYCmuslim
10-04-2007, 01:21 PM

The point is that look at the lengths you must go to in order to explain… let’s say dubious… versus of the Quran. The sun heading to a black hole, the need for some generously lenient interpretation and clever arithmetic… etc. Come on everyone! This is supposed to be the word of God! Creator of all the heavens and the earth in 6 (or is it 8) days! I would have thought such an almighty being could have at least written a book that was clear, concise and completely unambiguous. Perhaps even sent it down in multiple languages to avoid translation confusion. I mean some of the verses seem more like they were written by someone with an understanding of science, the earth and the universe equivalent to that of a man living in 600 CE. :-) Wouldn’t you agree?!
Just because the Quran isn't clear to you due to your own misinterpretations and lack-of-context perceptions doesn't mean that it difficult to understand. Maybe if you actually read the WHOLE thing you would get a better picture. Their are plenty of scholars and Islamic intellectuals who understand the arabic of the Quran and can give you the proper meanings of any verse.

Also, I should point out that the Quran is not a science book. Its not going to explain in scientific detail the phenomena of the universe. Allah mentions these great signs in the universe to show his All Mightiness and to show His creation that he is indeed the Master of all things. Like someone said before, the Quran was revealed in arabic because the prophet (PBUH) himself spoke arabic as well as the people of arabia. Also, the pagan arabs were heavily involved with writing and reciting poetry so Allah (swt) revealed His verses in a way that would appeal to their literary senses, which explains the beautiful style of the text in the Quran.

You will not find a single contradiction in the Quran. Maybe after Ramadan a thread should be created where we all talk about these supposed "contradictions" and refute them one by one.

Peace be unto you all.

:w:

BlackMamba
10-04-2007, 11:55 PM
The verses might be dubious for someone like you whose sole purpose in reading the Holy Quran is to find supposed errors. If you look at anything just for errors, your brain will make you find errors in things when there really isnt any. this is what is happening to you. Why dont u just read the Quran for understanding, are you scared? You're making the verses seem contradictory and because of this it is impossible to explain to you.
And multiple languages? What are you kidding me. I bet if you were to meet angel Gabriel or see prophet Isa heal the sick with a touch, or even see Prophet Musa split the Red Sea, you would STILL deny. I think I'm done trying to explain to you.

NoName55
10-05-2007, 06:33 AM
Well it’s not correct even in laymans terms is it? What am I overcomplicating?

That brings up another discrepancy: Is Allah's day equal to 1,000 human years (Sura 22:47, 32:5) or 50,000 human years (Sura 70:4)?

It’s not meaningless; you’ve just missed the point. My point was that given that this is the “Word of God” you might think that the language would be clear and unambiguous and not written using the vernacular of a particular era. I’m alluding to the fact that you would expect colloquialisms to be used in a book that had been written by a person (or group of people) in a particular place and era.

See my previous post but I’ll make the point again. Why was it sent only to the people of Arabia and not some other country or group of people? Why was it sent to only one man and not a group of people all at the same time so that it's content could be verified? Why not send it to all parts of the globe and in multiple languages? Why not send the message repeatedly over the course of time so to avoid it getting mutated. Come to think of it, if we’re talking about the entity that supposedly created EVERYTHING, why not just create us humans with the teachings already embedded in our brains?

You seem all to eager to accept as fact certain pieces of information without asking “WHY?” or “IS THAT LIKELY?”. Do these questions ever occur to the Muslims in this forum or are they just too inconvenient to think about?
day equal to 1,000 human years
when a kafir is sentenced to hellfire, each of those days of punishment will equal 1,000 human years,

only a person who depends on copy paste knowledge knows not what is before and after 22:47

:X:scared::cry:

aligzander
10-22-2007, 08:33 AM
How do we know that the Qur'an is God's word and not the Devil's?

Say: "If the whole of mankind and Jinns were to gather together to produce the like of this Qur’an, they could not produce the like thereof, even if they backed up each other with help and support.
SURAH AL-ISRA 88

We have, without doubt, sent down the Message; and We will assuredly guard it (from corruption).
SURAH AL-HIJR 9

-Asadullah-
11-04-2007, 11:45 AM
In the Name of Allah.

My first post :statisfie

Muslims are assured for several reasons that the Qur’an is indeed the Word of God. Here are some of the reasons.

1. Physical incapacity. The prophet was physically incapable to write the Qur’an. History has him as an unlettered man who could not write anything more than his own name. How could he write a book?

2. Sincerity. The prophet was morally constrained to tell the truth about the origin of the Qur’an. He was noted to be so honest and trustworthy that even his enemies called him al-Amin (the trustworthy). Moreover, he suffered persecution, refused offers to compromise, and maintained his message for a period of twenty-three years. Historians of religion have to conclude that he was sincere.

3. Psychology. The Qur’an speaks to the prophet, commands him, and even criticizes him. Such contents do not point to the prophet as the self-conscious author. On the other hand, the author declares himself to be the creator of the heavens and the earth.

4. History. The prophet was incapable of writing the Qur’an. The Qur’an details items of history which were not known to the prophet or his contemporaries. And independent studies confirm that the Qur’an was true in what it said.

5. Prophecy. The Qur’an speaks prophetically, detailing what the future holds. Then the future unfolds exactly as foretold. Who could author such a book?

6. Science. The Qur’an draws attention to a wide range of physical phenomena in order to teach moral lessons. The statements were not meant to teach science. Yet modern scientists are amazed at the accuracy of these statements. For example, the Qur’an said things about the growth and development of the human embryo which could not be studied without the use of a microscope. Dr. Keith Moore was professor and chairman of the Department of Anatomy at the University of Toronto. After reviewing the Qur’anic statements he said: ""I am amazed at the accuracy of these statements which were already made in the 7th century AD."" Such knowledge in the Qur’an points to God as its source.

7. Consistency. The Qur’an challenges skeptics to find errors in it, which, if found, would disprove its divine claim. But no one has yet been able to point to a real error in it.

8. Inimitability. A unique feature of the Qur’an is that no one is able to produce a book that would match its beauty, eloquence and wisdom. The Qur’an itself challenges humankind to produce even a chapter like it. But no one has been able to do it.

These eight reasons together form a strong cumulative case in favor of the Qur’an’s divine origin. Hence Muslims can be confident that the belief of Islam, which is based on the Qur’an, is true.

Source: http://islam-source.blogspot.com/200...rd-of-god.html

Pygoscelis
11-04-2007, 12:21 PM
This an awfully odd question to be asking in a comparative religion section.

Only muslims and muslim affiliated religions could and do believe that the Quran is from God.

Non believers are non believers. We see it on par with the bible and "how the eagle got its wings". That is to say, folklore.

That should be obvious and if anybody isn't ready to hear that answer the question should not be asked here, but in a more unified all muslim area of this board.

-Asadullah-
11-04-2007, 12:43 PM
In the Name of Allah

Pygo, I feel the need for this thread is to observe the points raised by individuals of other religions as to why they believe Quran is not from God. Answers like 'I dont believe in quran cause I'm christian' would not be entertained. Key is for someone to raise a relatively good point as to why they believe Quran is not of God, and the Muslims here will attempt to debunk/refute their statements. Simple. :happy:

Abu Zakariya
11-04-2007, 01:15 PM
I only read the first post and haven't read the replies so somebody maybe beat me to saying this, but here it goes:

I feel that there is a fundamental problem to the reason why you came to be convinced that the Qur'an is the word of God. You seem to have focused on the scientific and mathematical miracles. If you do that, then the argument about Satan having used this can perhaps make some sense. But if your primary and preponderant reason for believing in the Qur'an is its message of pure and strict monotheism, then it becomes evident that it isn't from Satan.

You say that you have read about the Qur'an. Well, try reading the Qur'an. Read about God's Names and Attributes, read about the pure monotheism in the sense that nothing can be loved as God, nothing can be feared as God and we can't put our hope in anything like we put our hope in God. And of course, we may not turn to anything or anyone but God when supplicating (asking for something in a supernatural sense), praying, etc.

I am myself a non-Arab (but a Muslim all my life) and I know how hard it can be to appreciate the meaning of the Qur'an without knowing the language. I'm just starting to learn and the more I do the more I am in awe of the Qur'an, and especially when it comes to the description of God's Names and Attributes. The Prophet (sall Allahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said that the greatest verse in the Qur'an is 2:255 which deals only with the Names and Attributes of God. And he described chapter 112 which consists of only four verses as a third of the Qur'an, and this chapter deals only with the Names and Attributes of God. My point is that when you focus on these aspects of the Qur'an, then you will know that it is from God and Satan had nothing to do with it.

My recommendation is to take a look at these videos where the Qur'an is being recited during prayer in Makkah, with English subtitles with the meaning:

http://www.aswatalislam.net/DisplayF...om_Makkah_2005

The "scientific" verses in the Qur'an, if you actually look at them closely they are about God's Majesty, His role as a Lord, Owner, Master, Sustainer, Ruler etc. of the creation. They show you that why should you turn to anyone but God when He is the one that created everything and controls everything. Go directly to God, and love Him and worship Him. That is the message.

NoName55
11-04-2007, 01:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pygoscelis
This an awfully odd question to be asking in a comparative religion section.

Only muslims and muslim affiliated religions could and do believe that the Quran is from God.

Non believers are non believers. We see it on par with the bible and "how the eagle got its wings". That is to say, folklore.

That should be obvious and if anybody isn't ready to hear that answer the question should not be asked here, but in a more unified all muslim area of this board.
It was in an All Muslim forum until it was invaded by legions of atheist and Christians repeatedly, they did not stop butting in until it was moved here!

Whatsthepoint
11-04-2007, 01:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Zakariya
I feel that there is a fundamental problem to the reason why you came to be convinced that the Qur'an is the word of God. You seem to have focused on the scientific and mathematical miracles. If you do that, then the argument about Satan having used this can perhaps make some sense. But if your primary and preponderant reason for believing in the Qur'an is its message of pure and strict monotheism, then it becomes evident that it isn't from Satan.
As the thread author suggested, pure and strict monotheism may be an inaccurate description of God, which leads to an option of Quran being satanically inspired or man-made.

true believer
11-04-2007, 05:50 PM
its ok to question some things about islam
i think. so u can go and seek knowlege and find out more. i strongly believe that allah did send the quran to be revealed to muhammed [SAW]. I think that islam is also about believing in the unseen and putting ur trust in allah. brother, ma advice is to find out more for urself and increase ur iman for urself.

jouju
11-05-2007, 09:04 AM
Allah says
.........innamal masiyhu issabnu maryama rasuulullahi....(4:171)
also open 5:75,43:63,64
also in suratul al zukhruuf aya 59
I believe ther r so many mo
Satan is tryin to instill doubts in u DONT EAVER IN YOUR FAITH!!
YA MUQLLIBAL QULUUB THABBIT QULUUBANA ALA DHIKRIK

khairullah
11-05-2007, 11:02 AM
Answered By Dr.Zakir Naik

In reply to a similar allegation put forward by the pagans of Makkah, that the prophet (pbuh) received the revelations from Satan, the following verses were revealed:

Surah Waqiah, chapter 56 verses 77-80

"That this is indeed A Qur’an most honourable,

In a Book well-guarded,

Which none shall touch But those who are clean:

A Revelation from the Lord Of the Worlds."

Kitabim Maknoon means a book well guarded or a protected book, referring to Lauh-e-Mahfooz in the heaven, which none shall touch except the Mutahhareen. i.e. those who do not have any uncleanliness or impurity or evil like sin. This refers to the angels. The satan is absolutely prohobited.

Thus since it is impossible for satan to come anywhere close to it or touch it, the question of him writing the verses of the Glorious Qur’an does not arise.

It is further mentioned in Surah Shura, chapter 26 verse 210-212

"No evil ones have brought Down this (Revelation):

It would neither suit them Nor would they be able (To produce it).

Indeed they have been removed Far from even (a chance of)
Hearing it."

Many people have a wrong concept of satan. They think that satan can probably do everything, except a couple of things that God can do. According to them, satan is slightly below God in power. Since the people do not want to accept that the Qur’an is a miraculous revelation, they say that it is satan’s handiwork.

If satan would have written the Qur’an, he would not have mentioned in the same Qur’an in Surah Nahl, chapter 16 verse no. 98

"When thou does read
The Qur’an, seek Allah’s protection from Satan the Rejected One."

Is this how you feel satan would write a book? Does he tell you; "Before you read my book ask God to save you from me?"

There are several verses in the Qur’an which will give enough evidence that satan is not the author of the Qur’an.

In Surah Al Aaraf chapter 7 verse 200

"If a suggestion from Satan assail your (mind),
seek refuge with Allah; for He hears and knows
(all things).

Why would satan tell his followers, that whenever he gives any suggestions to them, they should seek refuge in Allah (swt) to whom he is an avowed enemy.

In Surah Baqarah, chapter 2 verse 168

"O ye people!
Eat of what is on earth, lawful and good;
and do not follow the footsteps of the Evil one,
For he is to you an avowed enemy."

In Surah Yasin, chapter 36 verse 60

"Did I not enjoin on you,
O ye children of Adam,
that ye should not worship Satan;

for that he was to you an enemy avowed?"

Satan is intelligent, no wonder that he can put this idea into the minds of people that he himself wrote the Qur’an. Compared to Almighty God, Satan is insignificant, and Allah (swt) is far more intelligent. He knows satan’s evil intentions and hence no wonder that He has given the reader of the Qur’an several proofs to show that Qur’an is God’s word, and not satan’s word.

The Bible mentions in the Gospel of Mark, chapter 3, verses 24-26

"And if a kingdom be divided against itself, that
kingdom cannot stand."

"And if a house be divided against itself,
that house cannot stand."

"And if Satan rise up against himself, and be divided, he cannot stand, but hath an end."

Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) is prophesized in the Christianity
Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) is prophesized in the Judaism
Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) is prophesized in the Buddahism
Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) is prophesized in the Hinduism
Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) is prophesized in the Parsism

www.drzakirnaik.com

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...ous+Scriptures

khairullah
11-05-2007, 11:09 AM
I got one question from this Christian brother,

Even if Islam is the true religion will the Christians believe it?

Every prophet was rejected by his own people, even Jesus was rejected by his own people ( Jews), does this mean Jesus is not the prophet of Allah (SWT)?

'He (Jesus) CAME UNTO HIS OWN, BUT HIS OWN RECEIVED HIM NOT.' (John 1:11).

And even today, after two thousand years, his people- the Jews, as a whole, have rejected him.

"MY KINGDOM IS NOT OF THIS WORLD': IF MY KINGDOM WERE OF THIS WORLD, THEN WOULD MY SERVANTS FIGHT, THAT I SHOULD NOT BE DELIVERED TO THE JEWS; BUT NOW IS MY KINGDOM NOT FROM HENCE" (John 18:36)

That's why you Chritians can not pass the test given by Jesus (PBUH), because he was sent for Jews only, not for everyone.

TEST FO FAITH:

It is mentioned in the Gospel of Mark, Ch. No.16, Verse No.17 and 18 - It says that…

There will be signs for true believers and among the signs –

In my name they shall cast out devils,

they shall speak foreign tongues, new tongues,

they shall take up serpents –

And if they drink deadly poison, they shall not be harmed –

And when they place their hand over the sick, they shall be cured.

Can you all Christians pass this test?

No.

Because you are not the followers of Jesus, because Jesus was sent for the children of Israel.

ETERNITY OF JESUS: Because the Bible was only meant for the children of Israel, for that time. It is mentioned in the Gospel of Mathew 10:5:6, Jesus Christ peace be upon him tells his disciples…

Go ye not in the way of the Gentiles.’ ‘But rather go to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. Who are the Gentiles? The Non-Jews, the Hindus, the Muslims

Jesus Christ peace be upon him said Mathew 15:24… ‘I am not sent, but to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.’

That's why you Christians can not pass the test, since you are not Jews.

Abu Zakariya
11-09-2007, 08:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
As the thread author suggested, pure and strict monotheism may be an inaccurate description of God, which leads to an option of Quran being satanically inspired or man-made.
Well, I think that I can say with confidence that if someone isn't into the message of pure and strict monotheism (which also involves the nature and attributes of God, i.e. He is All-Perfect and in need of no one etc.) and could accept the notion that Satan could be behind such a message, then Islam isn't for such a person. In the end, though, it all comes down to God's guidance.

Muhammad
11-10-2007, 12:02 PM
:sl: and Greetings,

I have moved this thread to Refutations because the Discover Islam area is not intended for discussion or debate. It is for basic basic articles explaining Islamic concepts to new Muslims or Non-Muslims.

alexie
12-26-2008, 09:00 AM
Hi Believer
How do you know the Bible was corrupted by the persians and were able to erase all copies in and outside the Hebrew community. As for the "golden nuggets", is this not a contradiction as if the Bible is corrupted then how can any of it be "golden" as you say. How do you know which bits to beleiev and which to not?

Zamtsa
12-26-2008, 01:14 PM
If you have believe there was a son of Allah or there will be, why can't he live forever?
Why can't he live forever to solve mankind's problem?

None of these things you could find but in Al Qur'an (Kalamullah) and As Sunnah (Al Hadits and Sirah Muhammad Shalallahu 'Alaihi wa Sallam) which is Al Hikmah.

What all prophets had promised to Allahu Ta'ala were to help this last prophet when he come and to follow him, not the command from Allahu Ta'ala to worship a born son of God who was eating food, urinating, defecating.
And Allahu Ta'ala never want to take anyone as His son, instead everything and everyone follow his rule and live in what He has created.

Allahu Ta'ala has many characteristics, names and action. He create us to worship him, in which to recognise His names, characteristics and action.

No religion could give explanation about Allahu Ta'ala as what had been said by Nuh, Ibrahim, Isma'il, Ishaq, Ya'qub, Muusa, 'Iisa, Muhammad and all 124,000 prophets who had live in this world.

Allahu Ta'ala will not like people to forever saying 'Allah has a son, Allah has a son, Allah has a son," because He created the sky like now, the mountain like now, and the land like now, and He preserve it as now, not so people could talk whatever they want about Himself, unless He had obligated thee to say that or it is your right to say that, as we are His slave, we are here to buy ourselves who are own by Allahu Ta'ala.

Syaithan could never sent down Al Qur'an or to make something similar to Al Qur'an, they were not worthy of it and they weren't able to, whether in the past, present or at the future.

Assalamu manit taba'al huda (May peace be unto who follow the guidance).

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!