/* */

PDA

View Full Version : technical failure

sevgi
09-26-2007, 08:12 PM
:sl:

it seems as tho after that database crash a few hours ago, the database has been rewinded to like 12hours ago...

i have threads which i have checked appearing as tho they have just been commented on...i have a lot of posts made in the last few hours missing..i even have reps missing....

whats up? is everything gna be fixed up, or is this the best we could do???

peace.

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Kittygyal
09-26-2007, 08:27 PM
Salamaualikum.
Not sure about me reps gone if they have then :cry: lol

After todays crash not only today i get posts that been posted yonks say 'posted 1min ago' but it used to happen before to me aswel :S

Hope it gets better i thought LI has died now was going to go to funeral soon LOL jokes.

Anywho hope it gets well.. GET WELL SOON LI..

Ma'assalama

Woodrow
09-26-2007, 08:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sumeyye

it seems as tho after that database crash a few hours ago, the database has been rewinded to like 12hours ago...

i have threads which i have checked appearing as tho they have just been commented on...i have a lot of posts made in the last few hours missing..i even have reps missing....

whats up? is everything gna be fixed up, or is this the best we could do???

peace.

To try to explain things to the best of my ability. While avoiding any technical terms and to keep this short and not one of my typical long winded rants.

I have no idea what happened, This is the first time I have been able to post since last night.

ayesha309
09-26-2007, 08:34 PM
Alhamdulillah at least it is working now

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
wilberhum
09-26-2007, 08:38 PM
It seams the latest set of "Up Grades" have no only taken LI to the leading edge of technology,
but also the bleeding edge.

-S-
09-26-2007, 09:07 PM
Salams

Apologies all.......Seems we had a Dos Attack on the servers which bought server loads to +50 which is crazy (nornally server loads are < 1)

it crashed bang 10 mins before iftaari unfortunately but alhumdullilah it seem ok !

'Abd al-Baari
09-26-2007, 09:22 PM

don't worry bout it bro^..well done for bringing it back :D :shade:
hopefully it won't happen again..Inshallah

Woodrow
09-26-2007, 10:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by -S-
Salams

Apologies all.......Seems we had a Dos Attack on the servers which bought server loads to +50 which is crazy (nornally server loads are < 1)

it crashed bang 10 mins before iftaari unfortunately but alhumdullilah it seem ok !

Shukrahn for the explanation Bro. -S-

deen_2007
09-26-2007, 11:39 PM
i missed LI

i was worried

sevgi
09-27-2007, 12:26 AM
well ive never been the victim of a dos attack before...but elhamdulillah it wasnt that bad...

thanks bro for the explanation...bt are we gna get our missing posts, reps wateva etc back???

i practically spent all nite posting...and theyre all gone...

but ne'er mind...life goes on,,,,thanks for all who helped in the fixing process...and just before iftar,...imsad

peace.

Zarmina
09-27-2007, 12:34 AM
Salams

I hate DOS attacks. Many Muslim sites get those. My friend runs a very popular Afghan site and it is always being attacked. He's even had hosts tell him outright take your business elsewhere. However, he has taken some smart measures to keep the site always up and running.

If you are being attacked, it must be that you are popular. :coolious:

Inshallah you stay up and the haters lose.

sevgi
09-27-2007, 12:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zarmina
I hate DOS attacks. Many Muslim sites get those. My friend runs a very popular Afghan site and it is always being attacked. He's even had hosts tell him outright take your business elsewhere. However, he has taken some smart measures to keep the site always up and running.

If you are being attacked, it must be that you are popular. :coolious:

Inshallah you stay up and the haters lose.
LI isnt only popular...its the best...no bias i swear...:D

-S-
09-27-2007, 05:33 PM
alhumdulillah we backing up every day, weekly and monthly so we only lost around couple of hrs

i think it went down yday 3pm GMT time MYSQL crashed..then only 10mins Before iftaari time around 6:50 the entire post table crashed....luckily alhumdulillah the technicans are based in US of A so they managed to restore it back up again and was up adn running bout around 8pm!

Crashes are likley like this since people obviously dont like us but hope it wont be as bad as losing data

but like i said the sites are monitored 24X7 anythign goes down im notified as well as our techies..and we are 10000&#37; commited and dedicated to keep this site runnign smoothly...its a headache and pain when things goes down..but hey part of the job

Zarmina
09-27-2007, 05:36 PM
alhumdulillah we backing up every day, weekly and monthly so we only lost around couple of hrs

i think it went down yday 3pm GMT time MYSQL crashed..then only 10mins Before iftaari time around 6:50 the entire post table crashed....luckily alhumdulillah the technicans are based in US of A so they managed to restore it back up again and was up adn running bout around 8pm!

Crashes are likley like this since people obviously dont like us but hope it wont be as bad as losing data

but like i said the sites are monitored 24X7 anythign goes down im notified as well as our techies..and we are 10000% commited and dedicated to keep this site runnign smoothly...its a headache and pain when things goes down..but hey part of the job

I am glad to hear that. We Muslims need a place like this. Unfortunately, too many other places are infested with Islam haters.

ayesha309
09-27-2007, 08:50 PM
Thanks alot brother (and sisters) for wokring very hard in making this site run. it is very useful, helps a lot of Muslims increase their iman Insha'Allah and you will Insha'Allah be rewarded.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.