/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Holding the Mushaf Whilst Following The Imaam

MinAhlilHadeeth
09-27-2007, 01:48 PM
Holding the Mushaf Whilst Following The Imaam

Question:

Is it permissible for the one who follows the Imaam in the Taraweeh prayer specificly, to hold the Mushaf (in his hands) in order to follow the Imaam and look within it?

Answer:

No, No, No this is not from the Sunnah...

Questioner:

Is the prayer of one who does this permissible?

Ash-Shaykh al-Albaani Rahimahullaah:

Yes, his prayer is permissible...

Questioner:

However, we say that is it in opposition to the Sunnah?

Ash-Shaykh al-Albaani Rahimahullaah:

Yes...

Shaykh Naasir ud-Deen al-Albaanee

Translated by Abu Maryam Taariq bin 'Ali

http://www.alalbany.name/audio/679/679_14.rm

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
------
09-27-2007, 01:55 PM
:salamext:

I don't get it. His prayer is permissable, but you are not allowed to hold it?! :?

MinAhlilHadeeth
09-27-2007, 02:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muj4h1d4

I don't get it. His prayer is permissable, but you are not allowed to hold it?! :?
:wasalamex

Yes. His prayer is still valid (so he doesn't have to repeat it), but the action itself (holding the mushaf whilst following the Imaam) is not correct.

------
09-27-2007, 02:10 PM

So should he do it or not?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Kittygyal
09-27-2007, 02:13 PM
Salamualikum.
^ No he shouldn't :S

MinAhlilHadeeth
09-27-2007, 02:13 PM

So should he do it or not?

He said:

No, No, No this is not from the Sunnah...
So according to shaykh al-Albaanee (rahimullah), no.

------
09-27-2007, 02:14 PM

But their prayer isn't invalidated :-\

MinAhlilHadeeth
09-27-2007, 02:25 PM

But their prayer isn't invalidated :-\

Yes.

The things that invalidate the prayer are well known, but the number differs according to differences among the fuqaha’. They are as follows:

1 – That which invalidates wudoo’, such as breaking wind or eating camel meat.

2 – Uncovering the ‘awrah deliberately. But if it is uncovered by accident and what is uncovered is only a little, or if a lot becomes uncovered but he covers it immediately, then the prayer is not invalidated.

3 – Turning away from the qiblah to a large extent.

4 – Presence of najaasah (impurity) on one's body or clothes, or in the place where one is praying. If he notices it or remembers it during the prayer and removes it immediately, then his prayer is valid. Similarly, if he does not find out about it until after the prayer is over, his prayer is still valid.

5 – Excessive continuous movement during the prayer for no essential reason.

6 –Omitting one of the pillars (essential parts) of the prayer, such as bowing and prostration.

7 – Deliberately doing an extra pillar, such as bowing.

8 – Deliberately doing some pillars before others.

9 – Deliberately saying the salaam before completing the prayer.

10 – Deliberately changing the meaning whilst reciting.

11- Deliberately omitting one of the obligatory parts of prayer, such as the first tashahhud. But if a person forgets, his prayer is valid but he must do the prostration of forgetfulness (sujood al-sahw).

12 – Deciding to stop praying.

13 – Laughing out loud. Merely smiling does not invalidate the prayer.

14 – Deliberately speaking. If one speaks by mistake or out of ignorance of the ruling, the prayer is not invalidated.

15 –Eating and drinking.

See: Daleel al-Taalib li Nayl al-Mataalib by Shaykh Mar’i ibn Yoosuf al-Hanbali (p. 34). And Duroos Muhimmah by Shaykh Ibn Baaz.

Source

So there are some things which are not correct and lessen the perfection of your prayer, such as smiling during the prayer, but do not invalidate the prayer. Allah knows best.

swanlake
09-27-2007, 02:55 PM
:sl:

I find that i lose concentration when I dont have the mushaf wih me during taraweeh prayers.

Umm Yoosuf
09-27-2007, 03:04 PM
Assalaamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatulaahi Wa Barakatuh

I find that holding the mushaf stops you doing a number of things such as looking at the place of Sujud, putting the right hand over the left hand, etc and there is that feeling of how and where to place the mushaf when you want to do sujud and or ruku'.

bigboss22
09-28-2007, 10:47 PM
learn the quran by heart and you wont have a problem

MunirAhmadKamil
09-20-2008, 06:56 AM
assalamu alykum brothers and sisters, i hope you are enjoying your ramadhan:)

during tarawih prayer, i stood beside along a brother whom held the quran while the imam is reciting, i think he is following through what he is reciting.

is this allowed?

jazakallah khair for your time:)

------
09-20-2008, 10:31 AM

I still think the first post is mashed :-\ I see no problem with followin the Imam whilst holding the Qur'aan. People in Makkah and Madina do it, and people don't say nothing to them, so it's not a problem.

Al-Hanbali
09-20-2008, 12:28 PM

Holding the mushaf while in salaah is not from the Sunnah. The Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) did not do it.

However, this does not mean your prayer is invalid; it just lessens the perfection of the salaah.

---> http://islamqa.com/en/ref/52876/hold...%20in%20prayer

teen-omar
09-21-2008, 05:23 PM
:sl:
If you want to find out more about this subject, just listen to the lecture by Waleed Basyouni, called 186 Rules for Ramadan
In there he mentioned that it is permissible to hold the mushaaf while praying and it doesn't invalidate your prayer, however you get less reward as the other parts of the sunnah such as placing right hand over left, looking on the spot of sujood etc. are not carried out.
it also states that for instance if the imaam asks the person behind him to correct him during taraweeh due to a weak memory or so, the requested person is able to read from the qur'an, considering that thy are not haafiz.
Wallahu A3lam

:w:

A_Way_Of_Life
09-21-2008, 05:32 PM
I see many people holding the mushaf copy's in the Tarawih prayers on TV, and I always wondered if that was allowed or not. :?

Danah
09-22-2008, 08:10 PM
okay so what about holding mushaf during your pray.... individually at home
I think the same is applied here as well
I used to hold mushaf when I pray taraweeh alone in my room...is that invalided the salah?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.