MinAhlilHadeeth
09-27-2007, 02:04 PM
:salamext:

Media Tags are no longer supported

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Kittygyal
09-27-2007, 02:17 PM
Salamualikum.
I always thought why some people say 'Ramdan Kareem' and some say 'Ramdan Mubarak'...
Shukran sister for this. It answered all my question which i was concerned about for long time now.

Anywho i say Ramdan Greetings.

Ma'assalama

~Taalibah~
09-29-2007, 02:23 PM
Thats interesting! Well i say Ramadaan Mubarak when i do say.

Ommuslim
10-04-2007, 07:33 PM
thnx and Jazaki allahu khairan ukhtee :)
Ramadan Mubarak :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ummAbdillah
10-04-2007, 07:59 PM
:sl:
Jazakillah khayr! i had no idea... imsad i gotta stop saying that man, anyhow Ramadhan Mubarak sweety.

.: Jannati :.
10-05-2007, 04:21 PM

masha'Allah, from the responses I'm assuming the vid/audio had something to do with how one should not say 'ramadhan kareem' could anyone explain the content of the vid/audio as its not working for me??

jazaakAllahu Khair!

nadia85
10-05-2007, 04:39 PM
dont now sis it just worked for me

MinAhlilHadeeth
08-21-2009, 10:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Faiza.
Bump...

You Tube seems to have been censored out, so here's the text of the fatwa:

Questioner:

When the fasting person falls into a sin and he is prohibited from that sin he will say, "Ramadaan Kareem". So what is the ruling concerning this phrase and what is the ruling concerning this behavior?

Shaykh Uthaymeen said:
The ruling concerning this is, this phrase "Ramadaan Kareem" is not correct, and the only phrase that should be said is "Ramadaan Mubaarak" or what resembles that. Because Ramadaan is not the one that gives such that it can be called generous (Kareem), rather it is only Allaah the Exalted that put virtue in it and made it a virtuous month and made the time period for performing (the fasting) a pillar from Islaam.

And it is as though the one who said this thinks that due to the nobility of this month it is permissible to commit sins. And that is in opposition to what the people of knowledge have said (for they have said) that the sins are multiplied if they are done during virtuous times or noble places so this is the opposite of what this person has pictured. And they have said that it is incumbent upon the person to have Taqwaa of Allaah the Mighty and Majestic during every time and in every place especially during virtuous times and in noble places. And Allaah the Mighty and Majestic says

{Oh you who believe fasting has been prescribed for you like it was prescribed for those before you that you may obtain Taqwa.}

So the wisdom behind the obligation of fasting is to gain Taqwa of Allaah the Mighty and Majestic by doing what He has ordered and avoiding what He has prohibited. And it has been established that the Prophet peace and blessing be upon him said "Whoever does not abandon falsehood in word and action, then Allah Mighty and Majestic has no need that he should leave his food and drink". Therefore fasting is worship for Allaah and cultivation for the soul and a safeguard for it from the prohibitions of Allaah. And it is not like this one without knowledge has said that due to the nobility of this month and its blessing, sinning is allowed in it.

http://www.sahab.net/forums/showthre...hreadid=338908

Nora.
08-21-2009, 10:39 PM
Oops
it doesn't work

btw
Ramadan mubark to you too :)

get my gift :)

My simple Ramadan gifts to you

Misz_Muslimah
08-21-2009, 10:53 PM
Jazaakalahu Khayran for sharing sister

Ramadhan Mubarak

Danah
08-21-2009, 11:00 PM
:ooh: I rly didn't know that!! I will be careful from now on, jazaki Allah khair sis Faiza for that

And Ramadan Mubarak for everyone here

Na7lah
08-21-2009, 11:04 PM
hmmm Jazakallah for sharing i'll say mubarak always from now on :p

Nájlá
08-21-2009, 11:17 PM
Oh i really didn't know this. Inshallah I'll say Mubarak instead from now on. Jazakiallah khayr for sharing.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
08-22-2009, 03:02 AM

Wow...I'm so glad I came across this O.o

JazakAllah Khair for sharing.

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.